Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They charcoal filter it before selling as part of their process, which gives them an opportunity to essentially gift pack it in a clean barrel that's not covered in dust and rust and mold and yellowjackets. Like it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Really drives home that it's like, $8 worth of material selling for $8000

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Most of the price is taxes. Distillers are taxed based on entry proof, time in barrel (essentially) and sales. The corn is cheap but keeping it safe for at least three years is not

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Soul Dentist posted:

Most of the price is taxes. Distillers are taxed based on entry proof, time in barrel (essentially) and sales. The corn is cheap but keeping it safe for at least three years is not

poo poo the taxes are just gonna keep going up if it's still in the barrel!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

first im hearing of the barrel tax. troubling

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

first im hearing of the barrel tax. troubling

Do a barrel roll.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

joined costco this weekend! got laundry and dish detergent, rinse aid, bath tissue, good deals (though I'm never going on a weekday afternoon again)

also i did executive membership because the guy said that if you don't get at least a $60 rebate to make up the difference, they write you a check for that amount (?) cool

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

actionjackson posted:

joined costco this weekend! got laundry and dish detergent, rinse aid, bath tissue, good deals (though I'm never going on a weekday afternoon again)

also i did executive membership because the guy said that if you don't get at least a $60 rebate to make up the difference, they write you a check for that amount (?) cool

idk if it's literally a check but they absolutely make good about that difference, yeah.
You'll never find a time that is reliably not busy. I've gotten lucky a couple of times, like Sunday at opening, but that's about it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Big Mac posted:

idk if it's literally a check but they absolutely make good about that difference, yeah.
You'll never find a time that is reliably not busy. I've gotten lucky a couple of times, like Sunday at opening, but that's about it

oh right

the business center buy me never has a line for gas so that's the best part of all of this. i will probably use that for most things vs. the regular warehouse as I don't need food items typically

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Inspired by Costcos sale on pineapples last week

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
you never disappoint

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

Inspired by Costcos sale on pineapples last week

Might want to check the smoking thread and compare images OP

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why do you have to steal my joy

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Why are there just sticks of butter poking out of that warped meat effigy

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

UCS Hellmaker posted:

The giant faux fur rugs are super nice, bought one last week and it is a nice rug on the floor, feels nice and just seems to fit anywhere. Well worth the cost.

Buy the Sherpa blanket if they have one, thing is amazing already and the price is obscenly low for the value.

I have one and I do like it a lot but the cats had a drat field day. Idk what kind of evolutionary instinct is happening here but they would come in and just dig up the entire rug so it was upside down and layered up.

It was so bad I had to get these little rug stickers off Amazon that fixes the nodes of the fur to the hardwood. Good rug besides that.

bird with big dick posted:

Why do you have to steal my joy

Pineapples make me unable to taste, but I love them, and I think you're doing the lord's work. I got your sous vide grey meat joke too btw.

What's all in that?

It's legitimately hilarious to me that people think you're making bad food. The trolling is off the charts.

Taima fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 6, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Taima posted:

Pineapples make me unable to taste

That's weird I thought they were supposed to make you taste better

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Pineapples contain bromelain which is an enzyme that breaks down protein. So it's basically burning your tongue, but most people aren't particularly sensitive to it. Some people get a burning sensation.

Personally my ability to taste is effected once the enzyme gets to work on my tongue. It takes away like 75% of my ability to taste for pretty much the whole day, it's awful. That is pretty rare though, I think.

I'm curious, on what grounds would it make someone taste better? In some parts of the world, pineapple is added to meat marinades and such to make the meat more tender.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They mean for oral sex

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

pineapple makes your cum tasty

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Taima posted:

Pineapples contain bromelain which is an enzyme that breaks down protein. So it's basically burning your tongue, but most people aren't particularly sensitive to it. Some people get a burning sensation.

Personally my ability to taste is effected once the enzyme gets to work on my tongue. It takes away like 75% of my ability to taste for pretty much the whole day, it's awful. That is pretty rare though, I think.

I'm curious, on what grounds would it make someone taste better? In some parts of the world, pineapple is added to meat marinades and such to make the meat more tender.

I ate a whole pineapple in a single sitting once and the next day the inside of my mouth was sloughing off.

Wasn’t painful. Was just shedding like a lizard.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

Those people are wrong. They're constantly trying to get the store employees to push online. The company is just incompetent at online selling.

If they really cared about ecomm they'd pay their IT employees market rate. But they don't. So it will continue to suck.

They literally pay their retail associates more than some IT-related roles that require 2/4-year degrees. It makes no sense.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 6, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's cause retail is harder

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

actionjackson posted:

It's not automatic, you gotta go do the walk of shame at member services if you want the difference back.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Years ago I actually called Costco to express my disapproval of them having a Don Jr book signing in one of their stores.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Years ago I actually called Costco to express my disapproval of them having a Don Jr book signing in one of their stores.

Only slightly less cursed than what Bird With Big Dick posts in this thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kuros posted:

Only slightly less cursed than what Bird With Big Dick posts in this thread.

The Trumps have no place in Costco.

PBUC

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

PBUC

Neither do the abominations created by BWBD but here we are.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kuros posted:

Neither do the abominations created by BWBD but here we are.

I know in my heart that BWBD seared his meats after the sous vide.

Please god...

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

PBUC

It's bizarre they would have any political books like that, it violates one of the Kirkland Prime Directives

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/839

quote:

When you visit a Costco warehouse, we want you to feel welcome. And, after gathering much feedback, we have found that the majority of our members appreciate the fact that our atmosphere is devoid of politics—so we strive to keep it that way.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zero VGS posted:

It's bizarre they would have any political books like that, it violates one of the Kirkland Prime Directives

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/839

It wasn't just a book, it was a signing event with Stank (Chode?) there.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco $1.50 dog and $5 rotisserie chicken is proletariat as gently caress.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
stank and or chode was just there to buy his book in bulk like all things you do at costco

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

SirPablo posted:

Costco $1.50 dog and $5 rotisserie chicken is proletariat as gently caress.

For now. CEO gone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

w00tmonger posted:

For now. CEO gone

new ceo must immediately pledge fealty to $1.50 or lower or we riot

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You can get a 5 pack of guillotines at the business center.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Has anyone ever gotten closets through Costco? I have no idea even where to start on a custom closet.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Start with building a universe. Then work your way to the storage dimensions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
As cool as church is, the most pathetic job is trying to sell water heaters to people walking out the door.