Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Freezer posted:

Welp, this team where I picked Bijan first and Devante Adams second looks pretty hosed.

The lesson here is to never use early draft picks on rookies, veterans, RBs, or WRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

The lesson here is to never use early draft picks on rookies, veterans, RBs, or WRs

This is why the savvy move is to draft Kelce, who never ever disappoints. Especially when you lose by 0.4 points.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Personally I try to draft good players :smuggo:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I love this game, I hope your opponent is malding

Just need 2 points from Keenan Allen tonight thanks to Chase's bad night, but if there's one defense that can stop that it's the Jets D :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just need 30+ points from Keenan Allen tonight, no biggie.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Is Baltimore just gonna run the ball now? Is Lamar’s fantasy stock dropping? I know “don’t sit your studs” but I look at Lamar’s last two games vs. Sam Howell’s and it makes me wonder…

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The moment you sit your early draft pick stud you are immediately shunted into a parallel universe where they player has the best game of his life so I regret to say your choice on Jackson is doomed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

Is Baltimore just gonna run the ball now? Is Lamar’s fantasy stock dropping? I know “don’t sit your studs” but I look at Lamar’s last two games vs. Sam Howell’s and it makes me wonder…

He sure doesn’t seem to be targeting flowers much anymore

:negative:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Judgy Fucker posted:

I had Lamar last year and he did the same poo poo, not entirely sure why I took him again. He puts up a few 30-40 point games to give you confidence, then cranks out a stream of zero TD weeks to ruin you.

Going forward I’m probably benching him for Stroud to save myself the headache. If Lamar pops off for 40 again then whatever.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Guys it was a massive blowout. Gus Edwards scored more fantasy points than he had snaps. The only take away from this game on Baltimore's side is that they will absolutely roll over every NFC team they play.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ayudo posted:

Guys it was a massive blowout. Gus Edwards scored more fantasy points than he had snaps. The only take away from this game on Baltimore's side is that they will absolutely roll over every NFC team they play.

Plus it was a west coast team playing at 9AM local time thanks to DST ending, the outcome wasn’t exactly a surprise

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Tom Tucker posted:

The moment you sit your early draft pick stud you are immediately shunted into a parallel universe where they player has the best game of his life so I regret to say your choice on Jackson is doomed

The exception here is Bijan because of the coach.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Weird week, I feel like almost every TE besides Kelce had a touchdown this week

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bellmaker posted:

Weird week, I feel like almost every TE besides Kelce had a touchdown this week

I did not appreciate Cole loving Kmet get 2 against me this week.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anyone dropping Bass?

I dropped Bass for McAnus.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Trading Aiyuk for Joe Mixon since my RB's are bad (Jacobs and Javante Williams)

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I always like to do a look ahead to next week on Monday mornings and saw I have QBs on bye next week. I checked the FAs and was able to scoop up Goff and T-Law (!) who were dropped because of their byes to fill in. In yahoo leagues anyone on your bench is droppable and anyone on bye is a FA so you can sometimes find some fun pickups for next week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Just need 30+ points from Keenan Allen tonight, no biggie.

I need Keenan, Herbert, and Breece Hall to combine for less than 30 points. I am offering the richest sacrifices to the prime time clownball gods because you KNOW Jets/Chargers has the potential to be a complete unwatchable disaster. If Davante Adams wasn't looking like the worst first round pick that's still healthy I'd probably be good

(I'm gonna get rolled lol)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My team underperformed its projected value by over 40 points this week. :psyduck:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I felt really good after last week and then had disastrous weeks in all of my leagues this week. Really hope byes screw other people next week.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Personally I try to draft good players :smuggo:

shhhh don't share the big secrets right away!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Docjowles posted:

I just traded for Dak because I was tired of Lawrence having a very low ceiling. Looks good so far but of course I gave up Mattison for Dak and he has his second good game of the year :shepface:

Cam Akers tore his Achilles, so prepare for it to suddenly be Mattison SZN now that he has a good QB :shepface:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Cam Akers tore his Achilles, so prepare for it to suddenly be Mattison SZN now that he has a good QB :shepface:

lol. For better or worse (definitely worse up to this point) I have Mattison EVERYWHERE so if he does anything I'll still reap the benefit on other teams

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1721625720076603408?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

For anyone running Chase in their leagues

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

His exact quote was “I’m alive and that’s what matters” which uhhhh didn’t sound great

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

His exact quote was “I’m alive and that’s what matters” which uhhhh didn’t sound great

I've never seen them break out a sideline tens unit, but that was what they were treating him with.

I've had several pretty debilitating back injuries over the years, and it feels exactly like being a step away from dead.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Lol i traded mattison for waller to get out of TE hell and it backfired spectacularly

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Do I keep Engram or Kincaid as my TE moving forward? I picked up Kincaid last week and he seems solid?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Do I keep Engram or Kincaid as my TE moving forward? I picked up Kincaid last week and he seems solid?

I really like Kincaid. He seems very good, high draft capital, currently has a great role, has one of the best QBs in the league throwing to him. The wild card is that Dawson Knox is going to come back at point. He also hasn’t had his bye yet where obviously Engram just did.

That might tie break it in favor of Engram for me but it’s close.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Need the jets to be dogshit tonight

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like everyone acting like Mattison has more value because of Akers' injury than when he was the #1 back at the beginning of the year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I like everyone acting like Mattison has more value because of Akers' injury than when he was the #1 back at the beginning of the year.

Look those of us holding these extremely wet, heavy, smelly Mattison bags will take what sunshine we can get ok :colbert: He for sure still has the problem that he is bad. But at least he isn’t also losing half the snaps anymore. And with Cousins dead they seem likely to go run heavy and/or dump off more. Are there any more turbo washed vets for Minnesota to sign now that Lenny is off the board? Ronald Jones or something I guess.

I’m a little surprised to see everyone proclaiming Mostert’s demise. Like yeah it’s not ideal for him that Achane is coming back. Maybe he’s not going to be top 3 anymore but he’s not going to suddenly become an irrelevant turd. Also it is not at all out of the question that Achane immediately gets hurt again because he’s tiny. If someone wanted to give me Mostert for Pollard I would do that instantly

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Dango Bango posted:

Dobbs may honestly be better for Mattison in terms of RB dumpoffs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Dobbs may honestly be better for Mattison in terms of RB dumpoffs

Possibly. But not likely as long as Hock is healthy. Dobbs LOVES his TEs.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hock stock 📈

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I should probably drop Christian Watson for Jahan Dotson in PPR, right?

Dotson seems to be taking off and the whole Packers offense is terrible (I say that as a Packers fan). I won't be starting Watson except in the most extremely dire cases with dudes like Meyers, Higgins, Downs, Diontae Johnson ahead of him.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I should probably drop Christian Watson for Jahan Dotson in PPR, right?

Dotson seems to be taking off and the whole Packers offense is terrible (I say that as a Packers fan). I won't be starting Watson except in the most extremely dire cases with dudes like Meyers, Higgins, Downs, Diontae Johnson ahead of him.

I would 100% do that. Watson, and the entire Packers offense, have looked awful all year because Love is just not a good QB.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Gearman posted:

I would 100% do that. Watson, and the entire Packers offense, have looked awful all year because Love is just not a good QB.

Yup, I did it as soon as I posted.

I even drafted Dotson and dropped him after a couple of weeks. He's not someone I'll immediately start but it's better than someone grabbing him and using against me.

I'm starting Love in another league and I'm dropping him for Dobbs or really anyone else.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'm really thinking about dropping Bijan in my no bench league, Smith is a terrible head coach and refuses to use his good players anywhere near the end zone. I'm benching him in my normal leagues, hoping they fire him. Guess I'll see who is available Wednesday and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I'm really thinking about dropping Bijan in my no bench league, Smith is a terrible head coach and refuses to use his good players anywhere near the end zone. I'm benching him in my normal leagues, hoping they fire him. Guess I'll see who is available Wednesday and go from there.

I am hoping there is a turnaround if/when Smith gets fired.