Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

An Apple A Gay posted:

dosing tussin

interesting new toop :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

An Apple A Gay posted:

M5 are you gonna see the napoleon movie in theaters

there's a non-zero chance but I am so deeply and bitterly cynical I'm not sure how it will work out

The Depardieu "Napoleon" from like 20 years ago was OK, there was a lot of real stuff. Depardieu himself is (was?) a huge Bonapartist.

The old "Danton" movie he did like 20 years before that was also good. Mostly.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

we could be bats

exactly

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
if it's playing at the local "comfy" theater we can go together to an early show and there will literally be nobody else in the theater so we can snigger and cast aspersions. There's a scene with Napoleon leading a cavalry charge which definitely did not ever happen.

He was quite brave however and at battles like Arcole he was pretty much a target.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

he's still alive Depardieu

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I have two shelves worth of Napoleonic history books within arm's reach while I am here in my posting station.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

we could be bats

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Is_It_Like_to_Be_a_Bat%3F

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

there's a hardcover campaigns of Napoleon I have that's got several fold out maps

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

he's pretty good. Over time he seemed to get larger, like The Hulk.

Was he in that Les Mis movie? Or was that somebody else? The recent one, not the musical.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

An Apple A Gay posted:

he's still got time to bid us a Depar-adieu

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

there's a hardcover campaigns of Napoleon I have that's got several fold out maps

I either have that now or have had it in the past. Is it the one by the dude at West Point? It's fantastic. It's pretty big right?

The only complaint I have is that it's missing several interesting battles that did not involve Napoleon personally, like in the Peninsular War. That makes perfect sense of course but still, it'd have been nice.

e: if you get me the author + title I would appreciate it

emfive has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Nov 7, 2023

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I can post a pretty solid bibliography if people are interested, which I'm sure goes without saying here in the Trunk thread

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yeah its over 1000 pages pretty cool I like maps

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Trump putting on the They Live glasses but they only show local real estate values at a 1500% markup

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

I know I had that, very beautiful maps, in fact I had it recently (well, in 2015) before me and A Gin Palace went to Waterloo.

weird part of the world.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

euphronius posted:

there are many reasons to object but two here are probably at play:
1. interrupt the flow of the other attorney, waste their time and frustrate them
2. preserve issues for appeal
3. appear to your client that you are working hard for him

4. Dune
5. Trump

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

bebop esq posted:

he's still got time to bid us a Depar-adieu

where's Filthy Hans

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

like I said, if you could post the author + full title I would be very appreciative, possibly including forum chrystal energy

e: oh wait do you mean David Chandler's Campaigns of Napoleon? Yea that's right here next to me.

The book Swords Around a Throne is extremely good too if you like disappearing into the past.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Although only SSBNs carry nukes 100% of the time, every single sub, including the small fast attack subs, are capable of carrying and firing a nuke, if loaded with one!

turtle sandbox is right

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you ever discover what it's like to be a bat, please tell us

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

love the little "thats my waltine" look

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

An Apple A Gay posted:

The book I was thinking about is Esposito's Military History and Atlas of Napoleonic Wars which currently goes for $125 on Amazon, I don't think it cost that much when I bought it.

e: yea I still have it, it's right here also. I'm just blind.

emfive has issued a correction as of 02:26 on Nov 7, 2023

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

western philosophers rediscovering ancient knowledge

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

emfive posted:

huge Bonapartist

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

maybe i should try everquest

i am bad and bounce off every mmo though

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Spaced God posted:

maybe i should try everquest

i am bad and bounce off every mmo though

play FFXIV with me and a bunch of other goons

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

the milk machine posted:

4. Dune
5. Trump

trump: did somebody say dune?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

why would you play an mmo when you could just play yakuza

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Consummate Professional posted:

play FFXIV with me and a bunch of other goons

i got to like,,,, the first big city in ff14 and was like "wow this is cool" and then closed the game and never reopened it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pretty dag good day in Trump!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

of course, hes rich and hes gonna be president again in a year

good, i cant wait to see it

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Americans are really stupid but that poll is something else.

If Trump is found guilty the poll shifts to Biden so people are mad and probably not voting that way next year regardless.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Lol eat poo poo ny jets

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

people are saying that Trump was wearing a diaper in court

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

4. Dune
5. Trump

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mistermojo posted:

people are saying that Trump was wearing a diaper in court

I have also heard many people are saying this more and more

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

*got lost in the Waterloo wikipedia*

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Americans are really stupid but that poll is something else.

think of the sort of people who answer the phone whenever it rings and also agree to take a survey from whatever random rear end in a top hat is on the other end

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

never trust polls or the poll plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

case dismissed