Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'its just now they're getting called out' also feels like, selective memory, because i definitely remember saying his posts were weird even before he became a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats from the time he said it was okay to gently caress pokemon, a post that is supposed to be funny somehow

i don't want to be a guy that's like "actually goons can't handle talking or joking about sex" but at least this guy clearly can't handle it. put him on the Hedrigall Plan

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I really don't like Steiner

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vg probed him for two weeks... success story?

Ty games mods/admins :cheerdoge:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

reported

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think its just bad jokes and i dont feel like analyzing someone making a joke about pokefucking when you can find all sorts of those jokes online. its just GBS stuff that tends to ruin threads imo.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

he's cool.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

steiner ftw.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i have played every final fantasy game ever made and when i die i want to be buried in a coffin shaped like the buster sword

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Steiner spends the first half of a long game being the "stop having fun guys" guy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not like a prude. sex jokes can be funny. i have made several. i also dont think there should be a punishment for an unfunny joke so long as its just unfunny. its just theres a difference between unfunny and 'actually weird.' a good metric is to imagine yourself making it at a party. would someone say 'what the gently caress is wrong with you.' if they would dont make it. if you cant imagine yourself at a party you also shouldnt make sex jokes. i think this is a good barometer.

Jay Rust posted:

Steiner spends the first half of a long game being the "stop having fun guys" guy
hes inspector zenigata, hes funny

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think its just bad jokes and i dont feel like analyzing someone making a joke about pokefucking when you can find all sorts of those jokes online. its just GBS stuff that tends to ruin threads imo.

well this goes back years of everyone groaning when he jokes about loving pokemon, or how rock hard steiner is, or this gem about squid kids:

Mega64 posted:

They already did blood vs. cum. Granted, they tried to cover it up as ketchup vs. mayo, but they didn't fool anyone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

he becomes your sworn brother and comrade. i love him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

zidane kidnapped the princess and deserves to be executed for it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Very rude to Big Poppa Pump imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Steiner is the best bro, Freya is the best designed, Vivi is just the best

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
steiners got some of my favorite character growth in final fantasy alongside wakka

he's got my favorite pep talk during the punished zidane segment (no not that one, the other one) and his defiant declaration of friendship if you talk to him on the invincible is one of the cutest things in ff9

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the development of the cast in general is top shelf in 9 tbh i just wish amarant had more time in the oven and freya didnt become moral support after her story threads fall off

but they still have some great moments in optional dialogue if you chase them down for conversation enough

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the final fantasy megathreads

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Final Fantasys Megathread

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
final fantasy 9 is just final fantasy fine

now 8, that's a game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gr8

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I refuse to play any of them until Final Fantasy 18 comes out

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I had already probated mega64 when I posted in here too, though I probably went too light.

And again sorry about the thread title thing. I don't know those characters and didn't know it was a joke about an underage character. Wouldn't have put it there if I had, and thanks for pointing it out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

I like their scout mechs

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm waiting for all of the Final Fantasies to come out so I can play through them all at once like a season of Stranger Things.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Taking your onion knight from 1 all the way through to 16 is a fun idea but everyone gets stuck on 11 and 14 because they won't finish em.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Erg posted:

I thankfully don’t post in any threads that mega64 frequents but I only ever seem to hear about them in the context of they made a really gross and unfunny sexual joke about video games

Saying you won’t “let anyone post Like That going forward” sounds like reluctance to hit gross posts from yesterday more harshly than 6-12 hours because of some perception that it would be unfair to do more since people didn’t know that posting like that could get thumped harder.

I don’t think that’s right, tbh. People should have some sense of boundaries, and I think some of the posts in the last couple pages of that thread sail past “we need an explicit rule to tell people not to post like this”.

Idk if you already had other plans or whatever, and I wanted to say Games seems mostly drama free so gj all. Just a thought

Okay now I'm not phoneposting.

I just wanted to clarify that that is *not* what I meant at all. I just meant 'yuck ew we're going to be hitting this stuff, that's horrible' and didn't intend to exclude the recent posts from that.

On 'mods don't want to probate their friends', I wouldn't personally consider 'that person used to be a mod' when deciding which button to press, and I don't think VG would either. I went into the rap sheet, saw other probes for the same thing, and slapped a probation down, knowing VG would also take a look at it all while approving it, which it looks like he did. I'm sorry if it gave off some other impression.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mutata posted:

I'm waiting for all of the Final Fantasies to come out so I can play through them all at once like a season of Stranger Things.

Just play Stranger of Paradise or FFXIV which is like every Final Fantasy game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rename the Final Fantasy megathread to thank Dunkey for the year of the gamer. Its only right to be thankful in Thanksgaming.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leal posted:

Rename the Final Fantasy megathread to thank Dunkey for the year of the gamer. Its only right to be thankful in Thanksgaming.

dunkey disrespected final fantasy 7

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

He should perish from Knights of the Round.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Good

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it's only top 5. it's whatever

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Then why are there so many?!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

ff7 is win.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did the thread title fall off the final fantasty thread and somehow land in D&D USpol?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
this site has a sickness of the spirit

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm gonna go find an old priest and a young priest and get this sorted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I keep momentarily thinking ya'll mean Scott Steiner