Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, bbts shipped my hush superman but FedEx is playing keep away with it.

I opened my box from Walmart thinking they goofed up and sent me the wrong thing, because the box looked odd, turns out they gave me a free mole rat :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have to admit Black Widow was worth the money. She is a marvel of modern toy engineering to rival anything I have seen.

The articulation on this figure is really next-level. In particular there is this pelvis rocker joint that is pretty well hidden under her belt but allows some extreme poses. They did something kinda similar with the recent Spider-Man and Daredevil figures which are also great. You don't usually see these butterfly shoulder joints on female figures either, so that's cool. There's a lot of unique tooling to the character so they can't really reuse the buck, but I hope it's a sign of things to come in terms of the design. I'd love to see them remake Psylocke with this kind of articulation.

Also the accessories and the different head sculpts are all great. It's hard to imagine them doing this character any better!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Joytoy just revealed the first figure in their Hours Heresy line, and it's the goddamn Praetorian of Terra himself, the master of Inwit, Primarch of the VII Legion, Rogal Dorn!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still have not seen that Widow in Canada at all.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If any of the primarchs were going to have a bancho hair cut I would've assumed it would Jaghatai not Dorn.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I decided that I’m going to stop at the new Cartoon origins figures, for space and money.

But these. Well, I’ll need these.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1721937590754885736?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

I have an extra, but shipping will be pricey.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Just got the target Moon Knight in the mail.

I think this is the first time I ever successfully got a Target exclusive before.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

I never saw it in any of my Targets here in the states and am bummed I missed out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I have an extra, but shipping will be pricey.

Oh, really? I actually have a US PO Box I can use for that.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I decided that I’m going to stop at the new Cartoon origins figures, for space and money.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1721937590754885736?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

I guess there's not enough partying going on in Eternia so Michaelangelo didn't bother making the trip

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

I never saw it in any of my Targets here in the states and am bummed I missed out.

There were a ton here. The next day, all that white box stuff went clearance and they vanished.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Hilariously, Super7 TMNT Ultimates have been showing up at the UK equivalent of Ollie’s for £20 in the last couple of months.

B&M?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

As pointed out, no Mikey? Dumb.

Going to grab the Shredder and Krang for sure though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m assuming there’s some kind of plan for Mikey in a future wave, or god help us all he’s a store exclusive. There’s no way they don’t make him. That would be stupid.

Toy companies are never stupid so I’m confident.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yeah, that’s the one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Super7 TMNT figures are really neat but they're right at that price point where it makes you steer away from impulse buy territory. It's hard to justify $50 when you can find figures from NECA, for example, with much more going on for close to half the price. They also seem to go hog wild with odd choices for each wave.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neca is pretty much at that territory. They’re all 40 and the bigger ones are 60+

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For the GB fans:

https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Hell freezing over?

Winter GB movie?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Louisgod posted:

The Super7 TMNT figures are really neat but they're right at that price point where it makes you steer away from impulse buy territory. It's hard to justify $50 when you can find figures from NECA, for example, with much more going on for close to half the price. They also seem to go hog wild with odd choices for each wave.

I mean, they are also being discounted for the past year+ at places like Entertainment Earth and others down to ~$30 for newer waves.

This drop in price on BBTS going down to even $20 is insanity.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I mean, they are also being discounted for the past year+ at places like Entertainment Earth and others down to ~$30 for newer waves.

This drop in price on BBTS going down to even $20 is insanity.

That's fair, I mostly see them in specialty stores or Best Buy, where they're still $50+.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nice high-res preview of the Lilandra figure is out now:
https://twitter.com/MarvelousNews/status/1721957589909684396

Joe Fisto posted:

I consider myself lucky that I have no interest in any of those. I'm trying to stick to completing the vintage toy line with Origins and collecting New Eternia or She-Ra Masterverse figures. I have so many He-Men.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

Or if you want her, since it's domestic. Unsure of shipping cost to Canada.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Or if you want her, since it's domestic. Unsure of shipping cost to Canada.

Sure! Assuming Aphrodite passes, of course, as they should have first dibs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh if you need it, then go ahead.

I don't collect Legends, so it's not a big deal.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Hilariously, Super7 TMNT Ultimates have been showing up at the UK equivalent of Ollie’s for £20 in the last couple of months.

Where is this?

EDIT; Sorry, just seen above. Guess I'm going to B&M tomorrow.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

For anyone still looking for Black Widow, I got mine on eBay for under $30 shipped, after utterly missing the boat on the inevitable discount at Target. You might not be able to get it for $8 but it’s not too hard to find at MSRP. And, as I said, worth the money!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Friendship with Super7 ended; new best friend SH MONSTERARTS

Found 2004 Godzilla at a Value Village. I absolutely had to get it. Millenium Zilla is my favorite so this was a no-brainer.

I am absolutely blown away about how great this fig is. The likeness is incredible. The articulation is insaaaane! zilla’s tail alone has more articulation than most of my figs. He also feels really solid and tough too. None of the joints felt all that fragile.

Now I’m getting itchy to get more of the SH Monsterarts line :homebrew: the big issue… I really want Mechagodzilla Kiryu as the counterpart to my Millenium Zilla and uh… he’s real expensive :shepspends: Kiryu is also my all time favorite Kaiju so may have to plonk down the money to get him eventually… OOF.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Kiryu is such a great design

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I finally opened brown owlbear and drat, he's way cooler than white owlbear. I was thinking it was just going to be a repaint but no, it has a unique and awesome head sculpt, plus the paint deco overall is a lot fancier and more detailed. I mean, it kinda makes sense for the snowy owl color scheme that it would be white with a few speckles, but the overall presence is not as impressive as the brown version.

Would I have bought both versions, knowing this?

Absolutely. Without hesitation. You can never have too many owlbears!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's a double D&D post!

Finally assembled the rest of this motley gang of belligerent youths, and I really like what they did with the packaging:

I'm sure you could find a better picture than mine. Some of my boxes are a little beat up since they were scrounged from Target clearance sections and then got piled in a corner waiting for their friends to arrive. I ended buying wave 2 off BBTS after waiting too long for a good deal that wasn't forthcoming. One day Amazon dropped the price on two of the figures, and while I waited for the third to drop, those two sold out. So I finally said gently caress it and threw them in with a flat rate BBTS box.

I didn't want to open any of these until I had the full set assembled. Partly so I could get this group photo in the boxes before tearing into them. Mostly because every D&D player knows you never split the party! I'll probably unbox them this weekend and try to get a group photo.

I've wanted these toys since I was like 7 years old, so having them is pretty cool.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I finally opened brown owlbear and drat, he's way cooler than white owlbear. I was thinking it was just going to be a repaint but no, it has a unique and awesome head sculpt, plus the paint deco overall is a lot fancier and more detailed. I mean, it kinda makes sense for the snowy owl color scheme that it would be white with a few speckles, but the overall presence is not as impressive as the brown version.

If you rotate the neck piece so the "back" painted bit becomes the front (and vice versa) you get a better range of motion, and the paint aps line up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Great find on the FigureArts! They are some of my most favorite figures - solid builds (for the most part - Destroyah fell from my shelf and I had to bin it :( ). I have G-Minus1 coming soon and hoping to plop down for Jet Jaguar as it's been previewed. That'll be the crown jewel of my G collection - easily.

Plus I can't afford the 30CM pieces altho I am mighty tempted too just do it, haha.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I keep eyeballing these for a sale/clearance...

Also, unrelated, but hell yes!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Morvenn Vahl is so cool. But I do worry that thing will definitely need a stand.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The McFarlane Batman & Robin movie wave is up on BBTS for pre-order. I'm a sucker for older Batman movie figures.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Series=19740&Brand=2149&o=1

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m getting that Mr Freeze wave BUT Ivy is way out of scale. I like a tall lady, but she’s as tall as Freeze.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Preordered the entire wave on Amazon. CHILL!

EDIT:
It'll be the first BAF I've done from buying all the figures vice just buying the parts or the completed figure. Arnie so bad its good.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 8, 2023

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Morvenn Vahl is so cool. But I do worry that thing will definitely need a stand.

The Paragon Warsuit has a bunch of diecast / weighted parts, and is solid as a rock. I'm expecting the same here. Hopefully they don't cut costs there. AFAIK, they've only gotten better from an engineering standpoint. I do know paint has suffered a bit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The Last Call posted:

For the GB fans:

https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Hell freezing over?

Winter GB movie?

New movie!

https://x.com/jasonreitman/status/1722283443814273075?s=46&t=rg4yO9Htx2FBoZvnyslcOg