Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

credburn posted:

What I meant was, the quality of the other aspects of the game are worth enduring the ~ whatever flavor of this game I kinda loath. Teen whimsy. Twee? Is that it?

I would call it "Teen Soap Opera". I am asking at what point did you stop to gauge how much you have left and see if you can tolerate the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Phlegmish posted:

Alright, I found what the problem was. Apparently I had a game wishlisted that was no longer available on Steam, so it didn't show up. In my case it was Betrayer (which I don't remember wishlisting at all):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/243120/Betrayer/

I found out which game it was by following the instructions in this post:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/discussions/0/2860219962094793792/#c3216031607508358293

I wonder why it's no longer being sold, looks like it had decent reviews.

e: although not from critics, apparently

it looks like that game's developer just disappeared. Their website (still linked from the steam page!) seems to have been taken over by some SEO farm with articles on poo poo like "how to boost your fps in fortnite". Though weirdly enough the website still links to the official twitter which hasn't been touched since 2014. So probably taken down from the steam store since they didn't know where to send the money anymore?

However it looks like it's been free on GOG since at least july: https://www.gog.com/en/game/betrayer
so hey you can still play it, you just can't give the devs money for it

edit: lol, they even published an article on their website's blog saying "the company was bought by Some rear end in a top hat and we will now delist the game and pivot to clickbait"
they eventually deleted it but it's still visible on archive.org

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 7, 2023

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Countzer
May 27, 2022
The true police mystery is the human condition.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Man I'm just thinking of this scene from the Attack on Titan game

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

You'd think they would appreciate a disproportionate price to playtime ratio.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Leal posted:

Man I'm just thinking of this scene from the Attack on Titan game

I thought this was animetized Doc Mitchell at first.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

thought I was in the Terrible Games thread for a sec

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Attack on Princess posted:

You'd think they would appreciate a disproportionate price to playtime ratio.

:golfclap:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Mister Mosquito spiritual successor

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Mister Másquito.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Getting all huffy over the lack of game content where you are crapped out

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Upsidads posted:

Getting all huffy over the lack of game content where you are crapped out

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Enough about Nintendo games.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Roboquest just released its 1.0 patch and it's one of the biggest I've ever seen for an EA title, goddamn - 6 new weapons, 1 new class, 2 bosses, 15 enemies, compendium, rework/rebalance for most perks and weapons, overhauled cinematics with audio, etc. The game was already in a pretty good shape so can't wait to play the new patch

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Azran posted:

Roboquest just released its 1.0 patch and it's one of the biggest I've ever seen for an EA title, goddamn - 6 new weapons, 1 new class, 2 bosses, 15 enemies, compendium, rework/rebalance for most perks and weapons, overhauled cinematics with audio, etc. The game was already in a pretty good shape so can't wait to play the new patch

Yeah this rules, looking forward to getting back into it. I played it a good bit with a friend a few months ago but there was still a lot of very obvious "COMING SOON" type stuff in the world that made it feel real unfinished.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Azran posted:

I didn't realize it went 1.0. Was just playing a day or so ago. I'll have to jump back in!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol microids sucks so much

e: to clarify microids is the publisher, a lovely one, and it's clear they're forcing this to launch prematurely

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 7, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tired: making games
wired: making apology tweets

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Tintin looks about ten years old there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel a lil bad because that game is most likely by the Blacksad game team at Pendulo, and Blacksad ended up being a pretty decent telltale-style adaptation of the graphic novels

but if it's by the team at Pendulo that did Alfred Hitchcock (tm no apostrophe) Vertigo, then I dont feel that bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gort posted:

Tintin looks about ten years old there

tenten

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

followup to Night in the Woods cancelled

https://twitter.com/theglorysociety/status/1721935584006979771

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721936535434518951

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 7, 2023

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Well that loving bites.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Hwurmp posted:

tired: making games
wired: making apology tweets

Galaxy brain: making apology tweets for games that aren't released yet.

Was expecting a pre-emptive one from Bethesda for Starfield.

They should go ahead and tweet an apology for Elder Scrolls VI now.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gorilla Radio posted:

They should go ahead and tweet an apology for Elder Scrolls VI now.

Funnily enough they kind of did when the Starfield press was ramping up a bit ago. It’s not exactly an apology but they came out and said “Yeah we probably shouldn’t have announced TES6 a decade before it’s gonna come out, our bad.”

Which granted is probably as much of a response to people acting like absolute psychos about there being no news about announced games but, yeah, maybe that wasn’t a great call guys.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 7, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It was dumb to announce the teaser, but it's also dumb to go 12+ years and counting since the last installment to your tentpole franchise.

do Zoomers even know what TES is? Will they care when TES6 comes out? Mostly joking with that first question

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Humble Choice games are live.

WWE 2K23
Unpacking
Friends vs Friends
Hardspace: Shipbreaker
The Legend of Tianding
Souldiers
SCP: Secret Files
Prodeus

You also get a 50% coupon for WWE 2K23s season pass (which doesn't include Bad Bunny DLC) and a month sub for DC Ultimate

https://www.humblebundle.com/membership/home

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

fit em all up in there posted:

WWE 2K23
Unpacking
Friends vs Friends
The Legend of Tianding
Souldiers
Prodeus

You also get a 50% coupon for WWE 2K23s season pass (which doesn't include Bad Bunny DLC) and a month sub for DC Ultimate

It isn't a bad month if somehow you haven't played these. Personally, I played Hardspace, unpacking, and prodeus already. Tianding was on gamepass. I think it still is.

OgNar posted:

I came across this the other day, had like 3-4 games no longer available.

I liked betrayer. I thought it recently got added to gog or something for free if I remember correctly.

strategery fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 7, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it looks like that game's developer just disappeared. Their website (still linked from the steam page!) seems to have been taken over by some SEO farm with articles on poo poo like "how to boost your fps in fortnite". Though weirdly enough the website still links to the official twitter which hasn't been touched since 2014. So probably taken down from the steam store since they didn't know where to send the money anymore?

However it looks like it's been free on GOG since at least july: https://www.gog.com/en/game/betrayer
so hey you can still play it, you just can't give the devs money for it

edit: lol, they even published an article on their website's blog saying "the company was bought by Some rear end in a top hat and we will now delist the game and pivot to clickbait"
they eventually deleted it but it's still visible on archive.org

quote:

As you may have noticed, the game Betrayer has been delisted from Steam and other marketplaces. We plan on focusing on creating content on our blog moving foward.

Our plans for the future is to share our expertise in this industry and create guides on how to launch, market and develop a successful game.

Step one: Delist your game from Steam for no reason

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

fit em all up in there posted:

WWE 2K23
Unpacking
Friends vs Friends
The Legend of Tianding
Souldiers
Prodeus

Anyone else getting an error when trying to claim the games?

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I followed up Spiritfarer with Before Your Eyes and now I’m double sad! Time for a pew pew no thoughts game palette cleanser cause woof!

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yikes that looks like weak month.
I remember goons posting about how much they enjoyed the Shipbreaker early access, but reading the reviews something seems to have happened.
How were extensive, unskippable audio logs crowbared into a chill spaceship salvage sim? :psyduck:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That's not the worst part. Because addind a "podcast" into an already podcast friendly game would've been perfectly fitting.

The worst part is that those unscippable story sequences happen strictly outside of the gameplay for no reason.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shipbreaker is still an extremely good game that can get you into some really fun flow states and also a lot of very funny failure states and I can't recommend it highly enough if you think you'll like the base gameplay.

They just, made some really odd decisions about what that game should be in between the ship murdering.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

Jack Trades posted:

That's not the worst part. Because addind a "podcast" into an already podcast friendly game would've been perfectly fitting.

The worst part is that those unscippable story sequences happen strictly outside of the gameplay for no reason.

Eh they're only a couple of minutes long and aren't every session by a long shot and you can always do freeplay if you just want to podcast and strip ships. I'd say the bigger issue is the small number of ships, and AI cores are annoying to find.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Orv posted:

Shipbreaker is still an extremely good game that can get you into some really fun flow states and also a lot of very funny failure states and I can't recommend it highly enough if you think you'll like the base gameplay.

They just, made some really odd decisions about what that game should be in between the ship murdering.
The in between stuff didn't bother me, but I admit it was weird that you can't skip through the dialogue. I know it pissed people off though for being pro-union :rolleyes:

I loved the game, wish there was more. I played with mouse+keyboard, I think it would be a lot more difficult with a gamepad to make those deft cuts.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh no yeah to be clear the union and capitalism stuff is extremely on point, I just didn't think it really needed to be a story game.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
It's not like sitting through some long-rear end Kojima cutscenes or something, it's normal video game dialogue. The issue behind the mixed feelings is just that people expected more to be added throughout early access and really it was just like two ships and a couple extra interior variants. It really seems like the devs spent the vast majority of development time just wrangling with technical debt and fixing bugs and not really adding much on top on the skeleton they laid out.

It's a fine game and well worth playing, just expect to play through the campaign and be done with it in some 30 hours. It's not some minecraftesque infinite well of freeform gameplay a lot of folks expected it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

Step one: Delist your game from Steam for no reason

Right? Unless there's some overhead involved that I'm not aware of, having even a mildly popular game on Steam should be a nice source of passive income.

quote:

We’re excited to announce that Blackpowder Games is now acquired by John Ruth, an entrepreneur and developer with 15+ years experience building websites in the gaming & tech industry!

As you may have noticed, the game Betrayer has been delisted from Steam and other marketplaces. We plan on focusing on creating content on our blog moving foward.

:confused: