Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Honeysuckle Platycodon extract".

I presume this means honeysuckle and platycodon.

It's some herbal bullshit. So it may or may not work on your pigeon, or you or whatever.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platycodon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Question is just how dedicated are you to capturing pigeons and feeding them mystery substances in the name of science.

Not good science, mind.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

gently caress! :argh:
Turns out it was seated in the charger enough for the light to turn on, but not enough to do any charging. :blush: That'll teach me to do anything, really, immediately after I wake up.

As penance, here's the cable. It really is pretty good, as cables go.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPxdt6k

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 3, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You could have checked more carefully before disrupting our beautiful thread you FONKEN fool!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Ordered new Lightning ends for magnetic cable…and they don’t work with the cable. Guess I’m just gonna trash it all.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Did you try flipping the connector in the phone? I originally thought that as a joke but they might have only wired up one side of the pins to save $0.00031/ea

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Did mix up the 1 dot type and 4 rings type connectors

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

^^^ poo poo, didn’t know that was a thing. Might be it. I’ll have to screw with it some more. I’m pretty sure I bought the fancy ones with more connectors or something. They don’t sit down into the cable end very well, maybe that’s enough to mess it all up. Honestly they’ve become more of a hassle than I expected, but that’s because I don’t use them on literally everything so I can always just magnet right up on any cord. The end itself always got stuck in my phone case, and that’s how the original got lost.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I do remember at least one listing for those magnetic cables warning that you might have to flip the connector in your device to make Lightning work. Give it a shot!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

^^^ poo poo, didn’t know that was a thing. Might be it.

Please please please don't try to plug it in unless you're sure about the number of pins and also that the heads are from the same manufacturer as the cables. There isn't a universal standard for the magnetic connector pinouts, and you really don't want the wrong pd voltage on the wrong pins

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

XYZAB posted:

Link please.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005884943145.html

Good luck for the race, I hope this gives your "pigeons" the boost they need ;)

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Please please please don't try to plug it in unless you're sure about the number of pins and also that the heads are from the same manufacturer as the cables. There isn't a universal standard for the magnetic connector pinouts, and you really don't want the wrong pd voltage on the wrong pins

This is lightning, honestly I’ll need to sit down and inspect more carefully. Fortunately it did not zap when tried offhand the other day. It was an offhand last ditch try, who’da thunk?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

By popular demand posted:

Question is just how dedicated are you to capturing pigeons and feeding them mystery substances in the name of science.

Not good science, mind.

are you telling me some people here dont already have captive pigeons?? what do you people do with your lives

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mx. posted:

are you telling me some people here dont already have captive pigeons?? what do you people do with your lives

Calm down there Mr Tyson

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mx. posted:

Unsuccessful tey to catch pigeons, mostly

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Uh....huh?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So it senses your surroundings and vibrates just loud enough to not be heard!

Isn't science wonderful?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

So is it saying I should or shouldn't use this in a library?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

So is it saying I should or shouldn't use this in a library?

Shouldn't, you'll get shushed

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Anal toy shouldn't make any noise, just get some 10db anal lube.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

my anal toy is so loud i have to use two smaller ones in each ear to drown out the noise

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Jel Shaker posted:

my anal toy is so loud i have to use two smaller ones in each ear to drown out the noise

dildo cancellation technology.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Advanced Dildonics is really doing some cutting edge work and penetrating all sorts of new frontiers.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

You need to get the buttplug with the balanced XLR connection to defeat the noise

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is that 40db inside or out? Layers of colon, viscera, bone, muscles and fat can do a pretty good job deadening sounds. My parents never even knew when I got a Back Talkin' The Rock figure stuck up there and he was yelling the whole time about how I can't hurt the people's arm

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

finally, my rear end is quiet

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Can you tune it to see about achieving harmonic vibration frequency?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I wonder what the equivalent of HRTF is for a buttplug, to let you simulate sounds coming from different places around you.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

i actually used one of these to sonically disrupt my colon and cure my constipation!

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Pretty ironic that it's shaped like a Bishop.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

hark posted:

i actually used one of these to sonically disrupt my colon and cure my constipation!

The Poop Chuter 5000!

Cheech Marinade posted:

Pretty ironic that it's shaped like a Bishop.

Very French (French Canadian?) eh?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

r u ready to WALK posted:

You need to get the buttplug with the balanced XLR connection to defeat the noise

You jest but apparently XLR is not an uncommon connector for dildos for attaching to reciprocating machines.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

:thejoke:

we had several pages of dildo to xlr to pneumatic adapter to sawzall discussion at some point in this thread :v:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol ordered xlr cables today and was thinking about that exact discussion

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Someone had to have invented a reciprocating gently caress machine by now, stop this misuse of powertools!

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Someone had to have invented a reciprocating gently caress machine by now, stop this misuse of powertools!

I remember seeing a sawzall with a dildo on it like 15 years ago, at least.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

There are reciprocating gently caress machines now, they just standardized on using some powertool parts and xlr connectors

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

hark posted:

I remember seeing a sawzall with a dildo on it like 15 years ago, at least.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/northwestern-university-p_n_830423/amp

Could you add noise canceling functionality to a Butt plug? Like, to stifle the noise of farts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There was actually a device in the Victorian era that captured a ladies flatus into a small balloon thereby also giving the impression of a bigger posterior!
:distonk: