Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Turdfuzz posted:

i have some jewish ancestory (1/8th jewish princess) but i have no desire to go to israel and promote apartheid
it's weird as gently caress to me

Sure, but imagine you're a horny teenager with a 'Thirst Traps of the IDF' pinup calendar on your wall and you know you're gonna get laid if you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Setec_Astronomy posted:

everyone please be careful to distinguish between active duty concentration camp guards and former concentration camp guards

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Turdfuzz posted:

i have some jewish ancestory (1/8th jewish princess) but i have no desire to go to israel and promote apartheid
it's weird as gently caress to me

would you instead be willing to go to Israel so they can enslave you and force you to pick fruit?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

No poo poo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al! posted:

i wonder if Birthright trips are effectively dead until further notice

birthright? it's dead wrong!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i hope the Israeli's won't force the Palestinians out of Gaza with bombs but there's very little reason to think they won't
they will either bomb the Palestinians out of existence or bomb them enough so they leave and go into other countries
both are genocide
this poo poo sucks

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al! posted:

i wonder if Birthright trips are effectively dead until further notice

nah, they'll just get repurposed from propaganda trips to a couple weeks slave labor for some dipshit settlers

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

In the report you linked before, it sounded like the people who went "the problem with Lebanon was that our tier 1 high speed low-drag operators simply weren't technologically advanced enough" won the internal doctrine war post-2006.

Makes sense that they did, "we need to start sending lots of soldiers onfoot and screen for tanks" is probably a nonstarter for a country as casualty-averse as Israel.

There was some reporting from IDF grunts complaining about the insane jargon that their commanders were using during Lebanon. So instead of "take that hill" it was "conduct a multi-dimensional maneuver to envelop, seize and control the designated point of interest".

military doctrine powered by the huffed farts of postmodern architectural theorists smdh

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Turdfuzz posted:

i hope the Israeli's won't force the Palestinians out of Gaza with bombs but there's very little reason to think they won't
they will either bomb the Palestinians out of existence or bomb them enough so they leave and go into other countries
both are genocide
this poo poo sucks

I think the new hope on the Israeli side now is rather than just immediately bombing/starving/cleansing Gaza outright they can work with the US to go back to slowly squeeze it of life it after a ceasefire.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

crepeface posted:

birthright? it's dead wrong!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

israel got themselves in waaaaaaay too deep this time and fundamentally something is going to change one way or the other

A lot of things will have had a lot of different impacts on different people.

For me the eyebrow raiser was the publicly aired nuclear threat by a certain heritage minister. Like okay. Fine. If that's what you really want to be then that's what you'll be moving forwards.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
workshopping a joke about antinatalism, but for birthright. gimme a minute here

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

has anyone said birthwrong yet

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.politico.eu/article/belgiums-pm-says-israels-actions-in-gaza-are-no-longer-proportionate/

Belgian PM calls Israel’s actions in Gaza ‘no longer proportionate’
BY CLAUDIA CHIAPPA
NOVEMBER 6, 2023 8:29 PM CET
3 MINUTES READ

Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo said on Monday that “what we have seen today in Gaza is no longer proportional,” slamming Israel’s recent strikes on refugee camps.

Since Hamas’ October 7 attack on Israel — which killed 1,400 people — the country has launched ongoing retaliatory strikes in the densely populated Gaza Strip, killing more than 10,000 Palestinians including thousands of children, according to Hamas-controlled health authorities.

While De Croo said he has condemned Hamas’ attack and supported Israel’s right to defend itself, recent retaliatory attacks have been excessive.

“Bombing an entire refugee camp with the intention of taking out one terrorist, I don’t think you can say that is proportional,” De Croo said on Monday. “It is a bridge too far. And also unbridled violence in the West Bank, you have to be careful.”

Israeli airstrikes hit two refugee camps in the central Gaza Strip on Sunday. The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza said at least 40 people died and dozens were wounded in the strike on the Al Maghazi camp.

De Croo said that while it is “perfectly logical” to “seek a solution” to Hamas, the question is “how the solution should be found,” according to Belgian news sites. He added that political dialogue is what will lead to a solution to the conflict.

On Monday, Belgian Environment Minister Zakia Khattabi, a member of the Ecolo green party, came under fire after refusing to call Hamas a “terrorist organization” in an interview with LN24. The U.S. and the EU have designated Hamas as a terrorist organization due to its armed resistance and violence against Israel, which occupies the Palestinian territories including Hamas-governed Gaza.

“Hamas is constantly carrying out attacks. But I don’t use the term ‘terrorist’ because it has a legal meaning that I don’t know,” she reportedly said.

The comments were strongly criticized across Belgium’s political parties. Michael Freilich, an MP for the Flemish nationalists, said they were “untenable, in violation of EU regulations, and also dangerous.”

Georges-Louis Bouchez, head of the Francophone liberal MR party, said Khattabi’s words cast doubt on Belgium’s position, and called for De Croo to intervene.

After the backlash, Khattabi said on X, formerly Twitter, that she “unequivocally condemned the acts of 7/10 as a terrorist attack” and that she “was not sure of the legal classification” when she made the comments.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Ardennes posted:

I think the new hope on the Israeli side now is rather than just immediately bombing/starving/cleansing Gaza outright they can work with the US to go back to slowly squeeze it of life it after a ceasefire.

very inspirational

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frosted Flake posted:

If my account vanishes it's because either my wife or employer discovered it.

Same.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"No longer" proportionate. When was it ever proportionate?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
netanyahu is leopold ii

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

WAIT they killed 1400 soldiers on the oct7 attack?!

Did the loving Hamas have all loving mini guns and poo poo because that's almost how many us soldiers died at Normandy

Like saving private Ryan but the Germans have mobile turrets and they are also Hamas?

What kind of loving meat grinder was that?!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Shyrka posted:

Sure, but imagine you're a horny teenager with a 'Thirst Traps of the IDF' pinup calendar on your wall and you know you're gonna get laid if you go.

Bro if you want to get laid doing farm labour, Cuban field trips are both ideologically pure and 100% successful.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Spaced God posted:

has anyone said birthwrong yet

Somebody said "Birthright of a Nation". I thought that was very clever.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

when they thought they could control the messaging and not commit hegemonic suicide

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

Did the loving Hamas have all loving mini guns and poo poo because that's almost how many us soldiers died at Normandy

Like saving private Ryan but the Germans have mobile turrets and they are also Hamas?

I thought it was around 1200 reported at the time. All the reaction teams were wiped out, high speed low drag operators wiped out to the last man, etc.

Whether Hamas were super soldiers or the IDF was revealed to be an emperor no clothes paper tiger magnetically drawn to ambush sites i don't know. Wasn't there.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Okay I know why there is no screening for armored vehicles.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Crazypoops posted:

A shitload of IDF shot each other, probably.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Multiple instances were reported at the time but I imagine we won't ever know to what extent.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I know I don't want to see the footage so could someone show me a clip from a movie that might illustrate this as a close approximation

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

BearsBearsBears posted:

Somebody said "Birthright of a Nation". I thought that was very clever.

birthReich

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

loving opening scene from saving private Ryan but there's no Germans shooting and every soldier is shooting themselves in the dick or fragging each other into a pile in the sea

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Crazypoops posted:

no not everyone killed was a soldier, just a lot of them, perhaps even half or more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theater scene of inglorious bastards but the bastards are also nazis

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

Hamas caught the IDF gooning, very sad case,.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

trucutru posted:

Hamas caught the IDF gooning, very sad case,.

The fire was a little too friendly

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Cum and bullets flying everywhere

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The more we learn about October 7th, it becomes more apparent just how cataclysmic a humiliation the IDF endured. This many military deaths in a single day to Hamas, whose militants aren't even a proper army. Hamas almost certainly killed more IDF soldiers in one day than Israel has killed actual combatants in the month since.

Netanyahu and the Israeli government probably knew about this immediately in the aftermath which is what has prompted this month-long meltdown.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Is_Not_Brian/status/1722061541241934223

https://twitter.com/FasIteMaledicti/status/1722062231293366678

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

theater scene of inglorious bastards but the bastards are also nazis

Recreate the scene by trapping Netanyahu and his cronies in there. Have Shoshanna played by a Palestinian woman.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PT6A posted:

Bro if you want to get laid doing farm labour, Cuban field trips are both ideologically pure and 100% successful.

Is that legal for Americans?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It was proportionate and remains proportionate. There just happens to be new disagreement on the proportion of dead Gazan children to dead IDF soldiers that is acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Brave hamas fighters come out of their tunnel to challenge the IDF