Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Shut up and take my money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Why are people in the U.S. ripping up posters asking for information about kidnapped people a continent away?

Why are people in the U.S*. putting up posters asking for information about kidnapped people a continent away ?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Because they rather not talk about all the dead Palestinians

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Because they rather not talk about all the dead Palestinians

They straight up don't care or are actively cheering on brown death, let's be fair

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1722128779378925827

One very unlucky graphic designer

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Actual lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Will you stand with the Pie DF and disavow Ham-mas

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't overeat on Ham-mas or you will get Fattah

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

This is offensive to everyone, right? I don't think the Jewish or Muslim people will be chowing down on pork come Jesus' birthday.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Bah hambag.

edit: I almost thought this was like that fake "no ham" policy that was from a comedy site but reported by Fox and Friends anyway until I read the bag.

V-Men fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 8, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

V-Men posted:

Bah hambag

I don't normally do this but: thread title

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

This is offensive to everyone, right? I don't think the Jewish or Muslim people will be chowing down on pork come Jesus' birthday.

No that's silly, only jackass fundamentalists are offended by the very idea of Christians celebrating Christmas or eating pork (well the pork might be offensive to vegetarians).

The "offence" here is just that "Ham-mas" looks like "Hamas". It's also dumb but in a different way.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Imagine being mad about a bag of ham while committing ethnic cleansing.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

poemdexter posted:

Imagine being mad about a bag of ham while committing ethnic cleansing.

The Australian Jewish Association is not committing ethnic cleansing.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Civilized Fishbot posted:

No that's silly, only jackass fundamentalists are offended by the very idea of Christians celebrating Christmas or eating pork (well the pork might be offensive to vegetarians).

The "offense" here is just that "Ham-mas" looks like "Hamas". It's also dumb but in a different way.

Totally, I get it. It's just funny that this doesn't "support" Hamas, even if it was trying to.

https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1721930275779698860

Y'know, for some reason, I assumed the Luftwaffe had been renamed. Not sure what they would have changed it to..

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 8, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's literally just German for Air Army but yeah I'd probably change it to something else too lol.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah I think it's literally Air Weapons. I'm sure they could call it the Flugkamfe or something if they really wanted to, though at this point it's so established that they won't of course

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

https://x.com/c_hoffmanni/status/1722308650193035531?s=46

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The Australian Jewish Association is not committing ethnic cleansing.

They support the IDF

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

where to start

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The tradition of the bar mitzvah didn’t start until the middle ages

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1722448898495483986

Hey, I love walking normally, comfortably in these shoes that have nothing in them.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1722448898495483986

Hey, I love walking normally, comfortably in these shoes that have nothing in them.

Going for the high heel pain sympathy vote. Drunk sorority girls gonna have it in the bag for him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I fisted him up the butt. But for money! (15$)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1722752120812622094

Oooh free money

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at one point i owned like 12,000 pritzkers

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

between biden's age and the big frictional costs related to the platform, i'm not sure it's worth picking up that spread. definitely not as good as getting the same spread that biden would be president after he won the election

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

between biden's age and the big frictional costs related to the platform, i'm not sure it's worth picking up that spread. definitely not as good as getting the same spread that biden would be president after he won the election

no but betting the full $850 allowed against newsom is solid

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Has either party ever not nominated the sitting president? I doubt it’s ever happened and it’s not happening now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not unless the incumbent declines to run, which I think is only LBJ. Or I guess everyone who stopped at two terms before the 22th amendment

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Murgos posted:

Has either party ever not nominated the sitting president? I doubt it’s ever happened and it’s not happening now.

Not that I recall in Modern politics but I think maybe in ye old US politics. Wasn't there one where the party didn't run a former president so they started another party or something?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Murgos posted:

Andrew Johnson. Can't think of any other.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/maggiekb1/status/1722325605914415336

We poo poo on this country a lot but recently we've had a pretty good streak of states trading horrible city hall rear end flags for absolute bangers and I hope it continues

MS and UT cannot be the, ah, flag bearers of great state ensigns

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It was supposed to be in god we thrust actually

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm a south carolina flag stan. it's like chill turkey

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/maggiekb1/status/1722325605914415336

We poo poo on this country a lot but recently we've had a pretty good streak of states trading horrible city hall rear end flags for absolute bangers and I hope it continues

MS and UT cannot be the, ah, flag bearers of great state ensigns

The Threatening Loon is an absolute banger and if they don’t pick it, then someplace in Canada should steal it and use it. Possibly even the whole country, maple leaf is getting a bit stale.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

That X (formerly Twitter) thread is maddeningly difficult to get any context. But it looks like they are discussing potential new flags for Minnesota. And that there is a gallery of submissions somewhere, but the fucklord poster never links to the site.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lake of Methane posted:

That X (formerly Twitter) thread is maddeningly difficult to get any context. But it looks like they are discussing potential new flags for Minnesota. And that there is a gallery of submissions somewhere, but the fucklord poster never links to the site.

The only way I found out anything at all about what they were talking about was doing a google image search. Minnesota is looking to redesign their State Seal and State Flag and submissions were open through the 30th of October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

The Kiwis really hosed up by not going with this one in the flag referendum a few years ago. Why keep the lame-rear end old flag that looks almost identical to the Aussie flag?