Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lib and let die posted:

it's nothing personal, but that guy is the face of fortnite, and i hate his face

glad ur enjoying it tho

I watched a bit of his stream and him and the guys he was playing with kept getting stuffed so they increasingly freaked out. It was a little amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I feel like this is already a Yakuza side story.

i think he gives some hentai magazines to a little kid not knowing what's in them

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

workshopping a joke that combines kazuma kiryu and kramer's quest for hentai

She's a squirter!!! A squirter!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kiryu's friends mickey, sacamano bob, and RDF

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the fight in the Murder Tribunal in Baldur's Gate 3 was absolutely brutal, first thing that's taken me like a dozen tries to beat. I ended up getting lucky and Karlach inflicted Paralyze on Sarevok which allowed me to Crit him like 4 times in a row with Shadowheart spells and my pallie's DIVINE SMITE otherwise that self-heal mechanic WITH all the other buffs he has? Brutal.

IIRC his girlfriends buff him while they're alive, but he gets passive buffs from them when you kill them, so I used a high-level Polymorph spell to target all of them and keep them out of action without actually killing them, then Hold Person'd the boss so he held still while I hit him with large swords. You gotta figure out exactly what the fight's gimmick is so you know the exact way to cheese it. Took me a few tries while I worked out my system.

wanna hear something funny?

you can avoid fighting the knights altogether if you just close the doors on your way in. after you kill Sarevok, they're all just dead outside the door.

This part I didn't know lol. I ended up just fighting them separately before going in so they couldn't join

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There's a big fight near the end of Act Two when you storm Moonrise with the Harpers where two groups of enemies are separated by a big set of doors. And half my strategy in that fight was just having someone near the door so they could keep shutting it and prevent any ranged spells or arrows from being cast

flashback to that one fight scene from Get Out

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

IIRC his girlfriends buff him while they're alive, but he gets passive buffs from them when you kill them, so I used a high-level Polymorph spell to target all of them and keep them out of action without actually killing them, then Hold Person'd the boss so he held still while I hit him with large swords. You gotta figure out exactly what the fight's gimmick is so you know the exact way to cheese it. Took me a few tries while I worked out my system.

Yeah, my strat going into it the last time was to take out the two ladies who gave the Armor and Haste buff I think? but leave the one who gave him the "I can heal myself with every attack buff" and that's when I got lucky with the Paralysis

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1722292747481063550

a beta Starfield build now has DLSS and frame generation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1722292747481063550

a beta Starfield build now has DLSS and frame generation

oh did they fix the issue where half the games systems are unfinished too?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ungrateful gamers!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

oh did they fix the issue where half the games systems are unfinished too?

I don't think they've released the Creation Kit for Starfield yet, no

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

no no, no glitch fixes but look *space ship gets four frames into generation before exploding and failing the main quest*

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

picked up the Stronghold re-release yesterday. Played the poo poo out of that game when i was a wee lad and its incredibly nostalgic to hear the same cheesy voice lines again

game looks gorgeous too, love the art style of all the maps

this will be like the third or fourth time i've owned the stronghold games. they are ok, but idk why i keep on buying the same ones

e: love da spike traps, spike traps all the way

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm the guy guarding the cheese wheel podium

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm the guy guarding the cheese wheel podium

thank you for your service

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

smarxist posted:

thank you for your service

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

*knocking crossbow* nuh-uh inglar, everyone gets one

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Fixed issues where some NPC could be seen not wearing clothes.

NOO

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://kotaku.com/night-woods-revenant-hill-canceled-2017-indie-goty-1850999850

Scott Benson got sick and can't proceed with his next game :(

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol not what I was expecting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2lRYj5a4ng

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

kissing my shapely goomba

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

that's... an interesting decision

is that like the original murder dude who moved his spirit into Chucky's body or w/e?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Sounds like they got Brad Dourif to do the voice so they might as well throw in the Gemini Killer while they're at it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah, which is probably the only way they could keep the Meat Hook mechanic with Chucky and have it not look totally ridiculous. Tbh pretty good workaround. I never got into Dead By Daylight but I respect that they made a new type of multiplayer game that was popular that every major horror IP tried to copy them.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

smarxist posted:

that's... an interesting decision

is that like the original murder dude who moved his spirit into Chucky's body or w/e?

yes that's charles lee ray

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

this will be like the third or fourth time i've owned the stronghold games. they are ok, but idk why i keep on buying the same ones

e: love da spike traps, spike traps all the way

spike traps are great but im quite fond of the flaming tar traps myself

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Although Chucky would be significantly more terrifying if he had the same proportions of a doll but was the size of a full grown man

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

drat, that sucks. Night in the Woods owned, really captured what it feels like to be from a town in the middle of america that has nothing going for it anymore.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I've never actually played dead by daylight (the community is supposed to be terrible and the theme is a bit too macabre for my taste) but I enjoy reading the lore stuff on the wiki

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Although Chucky would be significantly more terrifying if he had the same proportions of a doll but was the size of a full grown man

the wiki says he's the only killer you play in third person because he's so short, lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
there’s so many other directions they could have gone

- as stated above, human-sized Chucky with Chucky-sized proportions
- Chucky pogos around on a big knife
- doll totem pole with Chucky and Bride of Chucky, complete with trench coat
- duo cameo with Leprechaun, of Leprechaun fame

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Sounds like they got Brad Dourif to do the voice so they might as well throw in the Gemini Killer while they're at it.

ah, yes. his greatest role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhLTYNKUbo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if they had balls, they would just keep Chucky small but make you play a child survivor lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my Y0 progression has basically been at a standstill between club czar, real estate royale, and whooping Emiri's rear end

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Anyone whose takeaway from the game is that it depicts an "evil communist dystopia" is a liberal. A true communist would just let all that subtext bounce off their brain and focus on the tragedy of this society getting corrupted by anti-materialist reality.

the true communist would learn from Signalis that communists hate art and then hate Signalis afterwards for being art.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

yes that's charles lee ray
yeah and it's not much of a stretch for them to say it's The Entity (DbD's big, overarching evil that brought the killers together) juicing CLR's spirit powers a little to make it work in-universe. Looks like a good solution.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the guy who wrote jurassic world is writing the legend of zelda movie so chris pratt link is basically confirmed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I've never actually played dead by daylight (the community is supposed to be terrible and the theme is a bit too macabre for my taste) but I enjoy reading the lore stuff on the wiki

i found the actual game to be like a super boring version of an old half life mod. the hunted?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Schmoe Cwead posted:

the guy who wrote jurassic world is writing the legend of zelda movie so chris pratt link is basically confirmed

lol it really is going to be the excuuuuuuuse me princess version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
homeboy did produce Into the Spidey Verse so maybe we'll get lucky