Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am howling for the wolves this year. If only my league pass didn't black them out.

A good VPN will fix that but good. Plus I got League Pass free with my 10-game ticket pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
2024: Probably no transcendent stars at the top, I kinda think there's some really solid guys though that teams trying to build around something already might appreciate.

Most of the draft is a giant question mark.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Caruso... you are a Warrior

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Free Caruso with purchase of a large Montenegrin

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

My hot take is that teams are just making too many loving trades trying to make a big swing. Just draft some good young players and develop them, teams are trying to “one weird trick” their way to a title.

I mean this is easier to say when your team has the best and arguably most consistent player in the league and mostly did it this way. But Denver wouldn't be where they are without the Gordon trade, for example.

Or like Cleveland, they were a decent team with a lot of upcoming young talent, but they took a huge jump by trading for Mitchell.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Papercut posted:

I mean this is easier to say when your team has the best and arguably most consistent player in the league and mostly did it this way. But Denver wouldn't be where they are without the Gordon trade, for example.

Or like Cleveland, they were a decent team with a lot of upcoming young talent, but they took a huge jump by trading for Mitchell.

I’m not saying “never make a trade,” that’s silly. But yeah I think Denver’s way of building a team just works better. But it’s also how OKC is building among others

Edit: basically look at the Melo trade, don’t be the team trading for Melo. I guess it recently worked for the Lakers with AD??

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

I’m not saying “never make a trade,” that’s silly. But yeah I think Denver’s way of building a team just works better. But it’s also how OKC is building among others

Edit: basically look at the Melo trade, don’t be the team trading for Melo. I guess it recently worked for the Lakers with AD??

The Bucks traded for Jrue Holiday and Raptors traded for Kawhi.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Shout out to dort for being the first person to say I'm going to be better with my shot selection and following through

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

maruhkati posted:

A good VPN will fix that but good. Plus I got League Pass free with my 10-game ticket pack.

Is league pass not as aggressive at cancelling you if they detect VPNs? I know the MLB.TV app was super aggro about that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skrill.exe posted:

If your dunk is cool enough it should overrule any offensive foul. Par exemple~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJwRlDFQNq8

I'm still mad that this was called a charge not only on the floor but upheld on review when it was challenged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDRm8DOVHEU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
jokic mvp babey

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Somewhere there is a universe where Lonzo is healthy and the bulls complete that singular vision.

They still never advance past the 2nd round but it is still a thing that happens.

hahaha yes i want to die

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ex post facho posted:

jokic mvp babey

He'll deserve it but they'll give out another pity mvp this year, probably to Luka.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is league pass not as aggressive at cancelling you if they detect VPNs? I know the MLB.TV app was super aggro about that.

Haven't had a problem so far, though it may be worth looking into this from someone other than a rando at Something Awful Dot Com before taking any kind of risk.

I'm sure as poo poo not giving any money to Bally, though.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Philadelphia cocky meter is through the roof for early season basketball

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Salvor_Hardin posted:

There's a 7-day free trial that you can test the VPN out on. I did it on my phone today with VPN on and it worked normally.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Astounding sequence. No notes.

https://twitter.com/nicktharula/status/1722422592085045280?t=3L92CI15kDg0divwaZhE7g&s=19

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Strawberry Panda posted:

There's a 7-day free trial that you can test the VPN out on. I did it on my phone today with VPN on and it worked normally.

I already have the full pass + no ads so I'm not trying to gently caress that up. Watching wolves games on a lovely pirate stream is a small price to pay I suppose.

maruhkati posted:

Haven't had a problem so far, though it may be worth looking into this from someone other than a rando at Something Awful Dot Com before taking any kind of risk.

I'm sure as poo poo not giving any money to Bally, though.

Yeah paying more was never an option.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when will ayton attempt his fourth free throw

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Strawberry Panda posted:

Windscribe didn’t work a few years ago when I tried it

Easier to just buy an IPTV service

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Kings look lost due to a key injury, a player who is an important spark in their offense and a stalwart defender of the paint. Yes, they desperately need Trey Lyles to heal up and get back on rhe court.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Harrison Barnes used up every ounce of basketball ability he has for this season and unleashed it in the first game. Now he's a spent husk, wandering the court looking

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

maruhkati posted:

Yes, we can all agree that NAZ REID.

He should revive Reading Rainbow and rename it Naz Reads

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

"That's coming my way! Unbelievable." Is as good announcing as that's bad basketball.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

maruhkati posted:

I mean, you never know with the draft. They said the 2020 draft was gonna be bad, too. Meanwhile they said the top of the 2014 draft was gonna be transcendent, and the best guy from that class got drafted during a Taco Bell commercial.

Are you from the U.P.? I don't follow college hockey. Is NMU any good this year?

I'm not, but my dad's side of the family all live up there. The only college sport I follow is football, except for basketball during the tournament.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
https://www.nba.com/watch/video/early-offense-with-multiple-ball-handlers

Nice clip from the Dunker Spot guys with Mike Malone.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

surf rock posted:

basketball during the tournament.

for a second i thought you meant the nba in season tournament. imagine if someone was actually excited for that.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Herro probably going to be out for a bit with an ankle injury which is a shame since he’s had a decent start to the year. He might be a confirmed talent vampire though because Lowry and Jaquez Jr had their best games of the season in his absence.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Yeah, I watched it earlier. I hope this is popular enough that NBA keeps producing it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The good vibes Sixers 😁

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Looking at Chet's stats through his first 8 games lol

72% TS% (5th in the nba)
55.6% 3pt% (3rd in the nba)
2.5 blocks per a game (2nd in the nba)

Couldn't ask for a better start can't wait to see how he handles his first big road trip

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Chet's jumper looks really good, too, smoother than Wemby's.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

https://x.com/ATLHawks/status/1722630139765494099?s=20

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Eight triples last night for Guero Allen. King of the valley

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/StephNoh/status/1722471031070208042?s=20

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

The good vibes Sixers 😁

friendship ball is alive and well in philadelphia

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1722640590041461182

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hell yeah.

I hope this works, this is the most infuriating thing about NBA coverage.

Like it's so loving reductive of the poo poo that's happening on the court.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Does not bode well for the Suns that they need a 26 point performance from Grayson Allen to beat the Bulls by 1 in overtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

good content