Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also who gave ryoshu a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Lt. Lizard posted:

Effie and Saude announcers. I repeat, :siren:Effie and Saude announcers!:siren:

:siren:Effie and Saude announcers!!!:siren:

I finally finished the RR2 after postponing it for a very long time. What a tedious and unfun piece of garbage, I hope I won't have to see the centipede ever again in my life T_T

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Looks like ProjMoon is getting a bit of their momentum back.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Effie and Saude announcers. I repeat, :siren:Effie and Saude announcers!:siren:

That and the Ryoshu ID has me wondering if we'll see them again. As implausible as it sounds maybe someone gave R Corp a call.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

microfolk posted:

:siren:Effie and Saude announcers!!!:siren:

I finally finished the RR2 after postponing it for a very long time. What a tedious and unfun piece of garbage, I hope I won't have to see the centipede ever again in my life T_T

Bad news about that.... They're adding a new tier of luxcavation, changing the abnormality you fight on the new tier. You're probably going to have to fight the centipede at least once more before skipping it every week.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Yeah, but it'll be Luxcavation difficulty, so the Centipede won't be *as* much of a pain.

I'll still skip it ASAP like I do with You Want To Get Beat? Hurting?, but still

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just in time for chapter 5's release!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
to clarify this event/assault had nothing to do with Limbus in and of itself, it was merely just brought up in regards to The Bigger Problem afterwards, right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was brought up as an example of how bad antifeminist sentiment has gotten yes, theres no actual relation to limbus

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
just wanted clarification, cool

Unrelated note, EGO theories:

We've seen Blind Obsession on Ishmael in the TGS demo for C5. It's Pride and WAW. I think that for Ryoshu it'll just be HE, though still Pride.

Effervescent Corruption definitely gives me Gluttony vibes, and in terms of a slot that would work for both Hong Lu and Rodion, HE seems like a safe bet-he's only got Dimension Shredder there, and she's only got 4MF.

Firstly, I checked a gut suspicion I had with the name "9:2" connected to Skin Prophecy and Skin Prophet, given what they're about. Revelations 9:2 is this, which is pretty fitting:

"When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss."

Anyway, in terms of slots and sins, Wrath, Lust, or Sloth could all work for the color scheme/Burn focus. Skin Prophecy was a TETH, and Faust getting a new TETH would work, but Sinclair already has two, one Wrath and one Lust already. So right now, TETH for Faust, HE for Sinclair is my prediction.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Junpei posted:

just wanted clarification, cool

Unrelated note, EGO theories:

We've seen Blind Obsession on Ishmael in the TGS demo for C5. It's Pride and WAW. I think that for Ryoshu it'll just be HE, though still Pride.

Effervescent Corruption definitely gives me Gluttony vibes, and in terms of a slot that would work for both Hong Lu and Rodion, HE seems like a safe bet-he's only got Dimension Shredder there, and she's only got 4MF.

Firstly, I checked a gut suspicion I had with the name "9:2" connected to Skin Prophecy and Skin Prophet, given what they're about. Revelations 9:2 is this, which is pretty fitting:

"When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss."

Anyway, in terms of slots and sins, Wrath, Lust, or Sloth could all work for the color scheme/Burn focus. Skin Prophecy was a TETH, and Faust getting a new TETH would work, but Sinclair already has two, one Wrath and one Lust already. So right now, TETH for Faust, HE for Sinclair is my prediction.

Gluttony is most likely correct for Effervescent Corruption, and I support more different sinners getting Gluttony EGO (only Sinclair, Outis, and Gregor have one at all right now).

Skin Prophet’s EGO Gift is the Lust-associated Fiery Down, though I’d love to see more people get Sloth EGO for similar reasons (as only Yi Sang, Meursault, and Gregor have one of those, and Legerdemain means Suddenly One Day might as well not exist).

Still, whatever the case it’s Faust’s first EGO of the affinity it ends up being.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm officially giving up on getting the 150 banner for Railway. I don't have that much time, it's looking to be a busy week for me, it's not fun to try, and it looks worse than the banner I already have.

I also broke open most of the shard boxes I have, so now I have everything except W Corp Yi Sang, Ryoshu's Red Eyes Open and Meursault's Regret EGO.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

So I have everything from the gacha but I still have a lot (1000+) of boxes...

I'm assuming it'd be better to use them up on Tier 4 upties before the season ends, rather than let them turn into thread? On the other hand I have a lot less thread than shards/shard boxes, so maybe it wouldn't be terrible for them to change over.

What's worthwhile for UT4, in general? I uptied a few of the things (Gripclair, Fluid Sac, RIshmael) people called must-haves when UT4 first came out, but I haven't needed the power boost so I've been hoarding resources.

Also, I have 160 Hong Lu and 160 Gregor shards, and 400 Outis shards, so advice on how to use those specifically would be great. I don't have any UT4s for those characters or their EGOs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Colin Mockery posted:

So I have everything from the gacha but I still have a lot (1000+) of boxes...

I'm assuming it'd be better to use them up on Tier 4 upties before the season ends, rather than let them turn into thread? On the other hand I have a lot less thread than shards/shard boxes, so maybe it wouldn't be terrible for them to change over.

What's worthwhile for UT4, in general? I uptied a few of the things (Gripclair, Fluid Sac, RIshmael) people called must-haves when UT4 first came out, but I haven't needed the power boost so I've been hoarding resources.

Also, I have 160 Hong Lu and 160 Gregor shards, and 400 Outis shards, so advice on how to use those specifically would be great. I don't have any UT4s for those characters or their EGOs.

Who called for UT4ing N Sinclair? he gets barely anything out of it

anyway good UT4 targets:

L Faust: Helps her S1/2 clashing and turns her into the best overall 00 ID in the game
R Heathcliff: +2 ammo is surprisingly good
W Don: Turbocharges her Charge gain and improves her S1/2 damage overall.
W Ryoshu: Just makes her gooder overall. P. much any of the IDs released post-UT4 update kinda need UT4 like this.
R Meursault: part of the "needs UT4 to properly function" gang.
Blade YI Sang: becomes a clash monster

EGO:

Ardor Blossom Star: becomes a 3-target EGO with a massive coin
Telepole: +30 charge in one move
Rime Shank: great damage + a ludicrous amount of Sinking.
Legerdemain: no longer needs to hit heads to paralyze things
Heathcliff AEDD: what if legerdemain was more of a hassle to get out and also a baseball bat. clashes better though
Red Eyes: 3 targets, niche use but it's come in handy more than once

Generally any good EGO that goes from 1-3 atk weight is a good investment.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 12, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Any tips for RR2 before the end? Waited til last minute and would like to get the Good Banner~

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The Good Banner involves constant resetting against bosses all of whom have some asinine stalling gimmick where they steal your time unless you spike them down with some perfectly lined up cheese just in time or in the exact right way. Spare yourself because not only was that poo poo tedious, but I've literally never had as much of an aggressively unfun time with a video game, and it takes ages too.

I still cannot comprehend what PM was thinking with this. Like, if you're making a marathon gimmick for the railway, at least commit to it and have the banners be about cycle count rather than DPS gambling like the last time. That way the event would've at least been merely boring instead of actively infuriating.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

MotU posted:

Any tips for RR2 before the end? Waited til last minute and would like to get the Good Banner~

Break poo poo and pour damage into broken slots mainly. Clash as much as you can because damage adds up, even chip damage.

Talisman, break arm, pass talismans to it, target broken arm.

Steam Transport Machine, break arm asap. The arm won't be a target, but it allows you to convert the poise the machine would have added onto itself into fragile. Stop just short of breaking the body so you have an extra turn to damage it because once it's recovered from being broken, it takes 1/2 damage from everything.

Fox is awful. Just break head, target head as much as you can, on the turn fox is guarding, kill every umbrella.

T Corp is trivial, but if you end the turn with an enemy between 24% and 6% of its hp, it gets a full hp heal. So uh, don't do that.

Fairy Lantern is just a DPS check. Break the fairy first turn, stagger the body second turn, try to break or kill it third turn if you can. If not, break the fairy and repeat.

Centipede, if you can do hp damage on the head the first turn while it's shielded, you add fragile and attack down next turn iirc. Otherwise, never ever lose a clash because that adds the stupid loving self charge bullshit onto itself. It is possible to kill the centipede without ever doing the post death shtick, I did it once. But at least aim to only have to do one turn post death. Target the head to pour on damage.

Fairy Gentleman is trivial too, break arm, pour in damage. When it teams up with the long leg fairy, the fight is still similar, you just have to do the same thing with long leg fairy's arm too. Both fairies have a specific skill that brings out their add-on. If you clash and win against those, the add on come out with less hp, which is incredibly helpful against long leg because it only defends and counter when the stalk is out.

Wayward Passenger is kind of annoying. It will always run away second turn and spawn four portals. Kill all of the portals next turn or the portals will give Passenger a buff when it comes back. Focus fire on one arm because if both arms are staggered, it runs away again.

Sign of Rose, break the body to reduce its max hp. Kill all of the roses asap because leaving them too long will insta kill sinners and the main body has protection while roses are alive.

Oh yeah, if you're serious about the good banner, check the resistances and weaknesses of the abnormalities too. Talisman and Steam Transport Machine wants blunt, Centipede's head wants blunt too. Otherwise you can get away with slash and pierce for everyone else iirc.

Aim for a roughly average of 5-6 turns per fight. Less is great. There are 28 fights and 150 turns to do it in.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 12, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Yinlock posted:

EGO:

Ardor Blossom Star: becomes a 3-target EGO with a massive coin
Telepole: +30 charge in one move
Rime Shank: great damage + a ludicrous amount of Sinking.
Legerdemain: no longer needs to hit heads to paralyze things
Heathcliff AEDD: what if legerdemain was more of a hassle to get out and also a baseball bat. clashes better though
Red Eyes: 3 targets, niche use but it's come in handy more than once

Generally any good EGO that goes from 1-3 atk weight is a good investment.
I like AEDD because 80% of the time, it's a Body Sack upgrade. For the teams I like, Body Sack is competing with like 8 other Ego for lust, and only Sinclair generates lust worth a drat, i.e. on a skill 2 that can actually clash and deal damage. Meanwhile the competition for gloom is much less fierce and both L Faust and W Don generate gloom on a solid skill 2. I have an easier time wrangling the gloom for an AEDD than I do the lust for a BS.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah my recommendation is if you haven’t started going for 150 is to skip it, all of the bosses are extremely aggravating if you’re going for time.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

For what it's worth, I had more fun with RR2 than RR1, mainly because they killed turn 1 restarts. Turns out wasting your time actually playing the game before you restart is more fun than wasting your time staring at a loading screen to check if you can make an attempt or not. Though part of that is likely because I did RR2 with a month and a half to spare, rather than the day before the banner closed.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 12, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Except you still have to do constant restarts? Now you just have to gently caress around for a turn or two to see if you need one, rather than being able to do so immediately.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The amount of restarts you did in a run should go on your banner right next to the number of turns, as a mark of shame. :colbert:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

In that case the turn count would be irrelevant since it would just be about who got lucky, though.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Theantero posted:

Except you still have to do constant restarts? Now you just have to gently caress around for a turn or two to see if you need one, rather than being able to do so immediately.
Restarting isn't the problem, the problem is spending the majority of my time playing RR not actually playing the game. I'll take loving around for 3 turns to see if the run is viable and actually getting to play the game for 3 turns over loading into the fight, seeing the run isn't viable, loading back out, and repeating just that and only that for 30 minutes. I do actually enjoy playing this game.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Let's just agree to disagree on that, then. Personally I think it's a Dick Move™ to design the fights in such a way where constant restarting is still a necessity, but merely implemented in such a way that wastes your actual IRL time as a human being pointlessly if you actually want to finish the content.

But really the issue is that RR2 is a badly designed trash fire in general.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The main issue with RR2 is that it was designed all around being an endurance gauntlet, where you go through more and more cycles until you get overwhelmed, yet for some insane reason they decided to consider 5 cycles to be a "full run" and push players for lowest turn count number inside those 5 cycles, which is like ????????????.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

RR2 loving sucks and it's hilarious how most of the battles there are designed to just waste your time in general. Steam Machine is one of the worst designs of the entire lot and Fox and Centipede are STILL WORSE.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this entire game is designed to waste your time, frankly id rather they be greedier with the gacha and more generous with character upgrade mats

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I spend less than an hour or two a week on this game (I do one mirror dungeon 2 run a week, and use skips to clear the daily missions most of the time but not every day) and have a couple of dozen uptie 4s.

Compare that to idk, Starrail giving you useless relics 99/100 times or Arknights giving you like 1/1000th of enough money to level a character for running the money map... I have no idea what you're talking about, honestly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well ive stopped playing both of those for months and been able to go back and get new units i got caught up. i go back to limbus and, lol

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Level 30 and Uptie 3 is good enough for all content in the game for most identities. You won't be the fastest but outside stuff like the final bull boss in MD2H you will be fine. Plus the new season is this Thursday and that's a huge injection of resources, alongside a higher yield luxcavation starting.

You do not need to uptie 4 every identity, or even most of them (I would say only R Ishmael actually needs UT4 rather than it being a nice thing to have) and the best identities are not really changing yet compared to other Gacha where usually the latest stuff beats the earliest stuff. Having functional units for the hardest content is a lot easier in Limbus than Honkai, as someone playing both.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3816298510995305486
-(probably)3* pirate Gregor and 2* SWAT Ryoshu are getting a banner
-fourth EXP and third thread stages for beating chapter 4, with a fifth EXP stage coming the 23rd
-clarification that you can still use shards to buy past pass IDs and EGOs, and using paid lunacy is just for the nutjobs
-shortcuts for PC
-camera fuckery during abno battles
-daily login mission is being replaced with a daily make a box mission
-the game is going to visually yell about new content

and the usual bug fixes that I never read.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

RandomReader posted:

-fourth EXP and third thread stages for beating chapter 4, with a fifth EXP stage coming the 23rd
-clarification that you can still use shards to buy past pass IDs and EGOs, and using paid lunacy is just for the nutjobs
-shortcuts for PC

No info on the new Mirror Dungeon yet? Anyone knows what happens if I run a MD2H in between the weekly reset and the server maintenance? Do the rewards stay spent?

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Am I reading this wrong or does the new Luxcavation info implies there will be at least 54 stages in the first part of the chapter? :stonklol:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean Canto IV was 54 stages, so.... :v:

EDIT: oh yeah, 54 only in the first part. That would be...
excessive.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

microfolk posted:

Am I reading this wrong or does the new Luxcavation info implies there will be at least 54 stages in the first part of the chapter? :stonklol:

The Luxcavation #4 are unlocked with Canto IV, not V.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Aumanor posted:

No info on the new Mirror Dungeon yet? Anyone knows what happens if I run a MD2H in between the weekly reset and the server maintenance? Do the rewards stay spent?

No new info, so we can assume that MD 3 isn't dropping with season 3. Didn't MD 2 take some time post new season to drop as well? Anyway, they aren't ripping up the Mirror Dungeon this update, so rewards should stay spent if you do a run between the weekly reset. From there it's just a question of whether you want the battle pass points to go to the season 2 pass or the season 3.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Found a really neat animated music video someone made for Bon Voyage hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laJ1EdNf_bA

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

PetraCore posted:

Neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

RandomReader posted:

-shortcuts for PC

Yeah, shortcut on PC too so that's nice.

PetraCore posted:

Really wonder what is up with Ishmael. Guess we'll have to see.