Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

*very poorly-paid humans analyze pictures of trump and tag them accordingly

the three secret ingredients of AI today are copyright infringement, obscuring millions of human labor hours labeling things, and brute-force computing consuming vast amounts of energy and water

lol thats right, it's not even doing that. chatgpt is a search engine of search engines. truly ground breaking stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I've posted before that I know people in the SEO/digital marketing space who are wildly worried about poo poo like ChatGPT even as they helplessly embrace it with open arms. As bad as the search engine situation seems, differentiation is still hugely important for SEO techniques to work at all. Flooding the internet with undifferentiated, blurry jpgs of itself will eventually undermine pretty much the entire internet advertising ecosystem.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Still waiting for the AI bubble to bust here and the "loving Around--> Finding Out" cycle to complete on the things just recombinating copyrighted works and acting like they aren't violating the extremely stringent US copyright laws

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

To be fair, "you have to let me break the law as I see fit in order for innovation to happen" has been a successful tactic for a long time in this country.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

these are people making 75,000 to 112,500 before 26 if they are maxing out at 22,500 and that is 20-30% of their income.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

VitalSigns posted:

Turn the heat down once it gets back to boiling after you throw the pasta in.

you can also put a wooden spoon over the top and this will stop it from boiling over

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Why cook when I can :justpost:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

how are things boiling over if adults are cooking; adults are supposed to know you don’t really leave the kitchen unless something’s going to be on the burner or in the oven longer than 20 minutes

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

selec posted:

how are things boiling over if adults are cooking; adults are supposed to know you don’t really leave the kitchen unless something’s going to be on the burner or in the oven longer than 20 minutes

we all get caught up in :justpost: from time to time

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
in today's open floorplans you are technically always in the kitchen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama tweet: Work.

1.6m <3

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lmfao

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Fats posted:

I don't think we're sunk yet, but it was definitely a fun all-hands meeting :v:

I'm sorry this is happening to you folks, for whatever it's worth.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

you can also put a wooden spoon over the top and this will stop it from boiling over

also if your pasta is boiling over you filled your pot too much

your pasta noodles don't need to be completely submerged when you put them in, the submerged bottom will soften in like 20 seconds and then the rest of the sticks will fall in

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Paradoxish posted:

I've posted before that I know people in the SEO/digital marketing space who are wildly worried about poo poo like ChatGPT even as they helplessly embrace it with open arms. As bad as the search engine situation seems, differentiation is still hugely important for SEO techniques to work at all. Flooding the internet with undifferentiated, blurry jpgs of itself will eventually undermine pretty much the entire internet advertising ecosystem.

oh no, not the advertising ecosystem. what ever will we do without it.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Obama tweet: Work.

1.6m <3

1,600,000 is greater than 3, idiot

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1722935392356245820

Literally doing the "This War Will Destabilize The Entire Mideast Region And Set Off A Global Shockwave Of Anti-Americanism vs. No It Won’t" bit from The Onion.

ABC News getting the good ads.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

1. why aren't you blocking ads
2. that's a targeted ad to you, specifically

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I do not care about the pointless arms race of trying to block ads. Jokes on them that vibrator isn't going to do anything for me unless I shove it up my rear end.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

dont you just keep giving it prompts until you get something you like

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Preheating the oven isn't really a waste of time but boiling the water before you put the pasta in certainly is.

When should you put it in? When it's about to boil?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

Jokes on them that vibrator isn't going to do anything for me unless I shove it up my rear end.

that's a targeted ad to you, specifically

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

1. why aren't you blocking ads
2. that's a targeted ad to you, specifically

Lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I do not care about the pointless arms race of trying to block ads. Jokes on them that vibrator isn't going to do anything for me unless I shove it up my rear end.

The war ended, you lost.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I do not care about the pointless arms race of trying to block ads.
sicko poo poo

use firefox and ublock, for your health

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

One of my favorite Google Adsense experiences around 2006 was reading an article about football and brain damage and getting an ad at the bottom saying "Looking for brain damage in Pittsburgh?"

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

“no thanks we get it for free from living in Pittsburgh”

fun part is you can say this for any metro area in the world and it’s still true

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

saving anything for retirement is too much because the world is ending

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

selec posted:

What's the alternative here? Just let people be wrong on the internet?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

selec posted:

That's why instant pots are such a hit. Set and forget

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sicko poo poo

they seem pretty attached to nyetscape

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

they seem pretty attached to nyetscape

Netscape Browser was the first browser of the Netscape series to be based on Mozilla Firefox, as opposed to Netscape versions 6 and 7 which were based on Mozilla Application Suite

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1723002794901143764

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sicko poo poo

but without ads I don’t know what to consume. :shobon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

blood?

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1723092414380835202

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

since youtube routed the adblockers, has anyone noticed their ad algorithm runs ads at the most annoying times possible when you're anticipating a bunch of movement on the screen? i've been watching some bg3 streams, and ads always run the second a big spell just got cast. i thought i was going crazy until i watched some live action thing where someone jumped in the water, and the start of the splash kicked off an ad.

Rauros has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Nov 10, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

STRONG STABLE SAFE SECURE

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1723096021520015545
https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1723096294107799999

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Rauros posted:

since youtube routed the adblockers, has anyone noticed their ad algorithm runs ads at the most annoying times possible when you're anticipating a bunch of movement on the screen? i've been watching some bg3 streams, and ads always run the second a big spell just got cast. i thought i was going crazy until i watched some live action thing where someone jumped in the water, and the start of the splash kicked off an ad.

I've had zero issues with youtube using firefox and ublock. I never saw the nag screen or had videos not work :shrug:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rauros posted:

with ublock, you should purge cache and re-update the lists. it'll take care of youtubes anti-adblocker (for now). i do that once every couple of days. ublock is winning over youtube (for now) so if you do it right you should never see ads or the ad-blocker thingy

also turn off all the non ublock lists

e: assuming you are on FIrefox? If you are on chrome still, what in the loving christ are you still using Chrome for??? get off it NOW

Xaris has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Hahahaha blood