Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nothus posted:

There will be blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmVzk5PHlP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Loki is very easily the best MCU thing and it just finished yesterday.

That's because they nailed the time travel bullshit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

too bad D+ is like 20$ a month

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

euphronius posted:

too bad D+ is like 20$ a month

Where da movies at

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

anime was right posted:

disney you can let a property sit for a little while and do somethign different.

You're seriously underestimating the cowardice and greed of leadership in "creative" industries.

Companies like Disney are wildly risk averse and will pour money into these properties until the well is completely dry because new properties are scary and drastically harder to commodify. If your new property doesn't make Avengers money then you're just some loving idiot who should have greenlit another Marvel movie instead.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

You're seriously underestimating the cowardice and greed of leadership in "creative" industries.

Companies like Disney are wildly risk averse

Which is exactly why the "capitalism == innovation" argument is so laughably stupid.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

well and for Disney especially the films are an engine for the rest of the business. there is a huge apparatus of parks, cruises, merchandise, and tertiary licensing.

even mediocre movies keeps the turns on the already existing rides going and the cruise rooms booked.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Yeah, and Disney is extremely adept at keeping these properties alive. There are tons of little kids today who can sing along to Disney movies released in the 80s and 90s. Disney doesn't let go of anything, which is why Marvel and Star Wars TV shows and movies will now be with us forever.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bar Ran Dun posted:

well and for Disney especially the films are an engine for the rest of the business. there is a huge apparatus of parks, cruises, merchandise, and tertiary licensing.

even mediocre movies keeps the turns on the already existing rides going and the cruise rooms booked.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they are less but way more stable I think

idk I’m not a ceo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

quote:

We have recently calculated the annual interest on your security deposit for the period from November 1, 2022, through October 31, 2023. A credit, based of $18.00 on a 0.7% interest rate, has been applied to your ledger.

landlords just blatantly skimming off the top

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

helps when you own espn and abc

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

webcams for christ posted:

2. that's a targeted ad to you, specifically

more normalization BULLSHIT
it’s targeted to their ip, if I’m up late looking for things that vibrate and go inside me, that shouldn’t in any way mean that I want to see an ad for that tomorrow morning while my kid might be browsing the computer instead of me and COMPUTER ENGINEERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART AND MAKE BIG BUCKS AND CANT FORSEE A SIMPLE SITUATION LIKE THAT GO gently caress YOURSELF FELLAAAAS

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Mad Wack posted:

you can also put a wooden spoon over the top and this will stop it from boiling over

dip your nose into the foam. the grease will counteract the chemical expansion, and it is a fun party trick for Italians and 21 year olds

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i am harry posted:

more normalization BULLSHIT
it’s targeted to their ip, if I’m up late looking for things that vibrate and go inside me, that shouldn’t in any way mean that I want to see an ad for that tomorrow morning while my kid might be browsing the computer instead of me and COMPUTER ENGINEERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART AND MAKE BIG BUCKS AND CANT FORSEE A SIMPLE SITUATION LIKE THAT GO gently caress YOURSELF FELLAAAAS

You alright?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Twerk from Home posted:

Where da movies at

Tubi Tubi Tubi

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
vox otoro is good but im a chutoro man myself.

still jealous tho

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

You alright?

something about how tiny of a thing it is, how simple it is to see and fix…im not expecting the destruction of israel or anything here just don’t advertise dining room tables a week after we bought our forever dining room table!!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’ve already found my forever dildo, google, you motherfuckers!! why can’t you just advertise the cheapest wholesale cooking ingredients vendors what the gently caress

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It used to be that the parks had original attractions and themed areas not associated with the films. But of course this is late stage capitalism and every theme park has to be packed to the gills with IP and every original attraction ripped out to be a movie tie-in to keep pumping merchandise sales

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

anime was right posted:

disney you can let a property sit for a little while and do somethign different.

I was going to make a joke about how the actors they need to drag out for adequate nostalgia bait are perishable, but then I remembered that they can just make a CGI him regardless.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
loling at goon children getting followed around the internet by dads buttplugs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Surprised Disney haven't made a Tiki Room movie where a Hawaiian guy inherits his grandparents' run down business and discovers it's magic and all the statuary and fake birds come to life and sing.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

90sgamer posted:

It used to be that the parks had original attractions and themed areas not associated with the films. But of course this is late stage capitalism and every theme park has to be packed to the gills with IP and every original attraction ripped out to be a movie tie-in to keep pumping merchandise sales

did they shut down it's a small world?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

surprisingly, not yet. i've actually genuinely been shocked they've kept that around along with the tiki room. tiki room kicks rear end, just out of nostalgia and it was my grandpa's favorite thing there when the first and only time we went together in like 1993. but it'll definitely be branded some marvel or moana 2 thingy at some point

e: i havent been in several years tho, like 2017-18? last time i went even before the genie lightning turbo pay2win auction queue pass-plus apps and subscriptions, it was kinda dire. all the 'upgraded' IP-tie-in poo poo was just really bad and lame. the new pirates-movie tie-in stuff sucks, they ruined spacemountain making it star wars themed and making it too bright with stupid star wars lines, the 2000 leagues under the sea is gone and replaced with something much dumber, the haunted mansion movie tie-in stuff looks like rear end. shant be going again until we have kids.

at least you could still eat at like peter pans pizza for like <$15 to share for 2 people, and get a decent french onion soup for $7. i thought food was reasonable relative to standard california-pricing

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:10 on Nov 11, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lilo and Stitch is pretty much the Tiki Room movie.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Shear Modulus posted:

It’s there but they added tons of references to movie and tv characters from both Disney and Pixar. It’s now more about spotting the references rt\ather than being about world peace.

Xaris posted:

surprisingly, not yet. i've actually genuinely been shocked they've kept that around along with the tiki room. tiki room kicks rear end, just out of nostalgia and it was my grandpa's favorite thing there when the first and only time we went together in like 1993. but it'll definitely be branded some marvel or moana 2 thingy at some point

e: i havent been in several years tho, like 2017-18? last time i went even before the genie lightning turbo pay2win auction queue pass-plus apps and subscriptions, it was kinda dire. all the 'upgraded' IP-tie-in poo poo was just really bad and lame. the new pirates-movie tie-in stuff sucks, they ruined spacemountain making it star wars themed and making it too bright with stupid star wars lines, the 2000 leagues under the sea is gone and replaced with something much dumber, the haunted mansion movie tie-in stuff looks like rear end. shant be going again until we have kids.

at least you could still eat at like peter pans pizza for like <$15 to share for 2 people, and get a decent french onion soup for $7. i thought food was reasonable relative to standard california-pricing

In Florida from like 2000-2011 the tiki room was redone as tiki room “under new management” featuring zazu and iago and they made a bunch of meta jokes about how dumb the original tiki room was. It eventually caught fire and burned down.

In California (Disneyland) they were planning to either bring over the Florida version with iago and zazu or do a lilo and stich redo but then 9/11 happened and Disney used it as an excuse to cut spending at the parks for half a decade. There was also a plan to replace it with a restaurant but that concept received a lot of pushback.

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

Canned Sunshine posted:

Chrome loving sucks. I'd even rather use Edge all the time than Chrome.

Yeah I use Edge pretty frequently.

My Firefox is pretty tightened up and restricted with customization and blocking so buying tickets or accessing government forms & services is a nightmare of shits broken.

if a site ain't working i just open it in edge and it sually works

worse thing about edge is turning off the bs but that takes 15 mins on initial setup

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

90sgamer posted:

It’s there but they added tons of references to movie and tv characters from both Disney and Pixar. It’s now more about spotting the references rt\ather than being about world peace.

In Florida from like 2000-2011 the tiki room was redone as tiki room “under new management” featuring zazu and iago and they made a bunch of meta jokes about how dumb the original tiki room was. It eventually caught fire and burned down.
drat that sucks rear end. rip

glad the CA one wasn't ruined yet

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/jasonhickel/status/1723295950280528173

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I just learned something terrible.

If you're on Windows hit ctrl + shift + alt + windows key + L

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

Someone should be killed for this

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

it does have micro$hit spyware and in-UI ads, but you can turn them off it until an update brings them back and you have to do it again.

heads up edge reports all urls run through it to bing, which will then crawl and cache them. found that out when we bing dorked our application's domain and found some user-specific endpoints someone forgot to add an auth check to.

bing has a "webmasters" tool to take down those cached results but it's a pain in the rear end

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

is pepsi ok posted:

What the Fuckkkkkkkkkk

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

is pepsi ok posted:

ok but how did you find this

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ok but how did you find this

Saw it on a meme

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
it did nothing
      • [list]
      • [list]
      • [list]
      • actually it did this when i tried it again while replying
[/list]
[/list]
[/list]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They also changed Pirates of the Caribbean and the Norwegian pavilion ride at EPCOT, right?

Oh and the traumatizing Alien Encounter ride in Tomorrowland.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lol makes a lot of sense, a lot of people around here have identified 2010 as around the time things really stopped getting better in any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol makes a lot of sense, a lot of people around here have identified 2010 as around the time things really stopped getting better in any way

Probably didn't really help that the media were treating obamacare as The Final And Ultimate Triumph of Progress, beyond which it's impossible for things to get any better because they're already as good as they are ever going to get.