Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard

You know what the first time AEW proved to me it was going to be special? The formation of the BCC.

I remember the build up to that I was like man that sounds like a really great idea but there's no way they'll do it. Because the last 30 years of wrestling taught me that something that sounds cool and is being built up won't happen for the HEAT or to swerve the audience. But then they just up and did it and it's still my favorite thing in AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

graph posted:

yeah she had zero ring rust and looked awesome

That was one of the best return matches I've ever seen. No ring rust, no confidence issues, she just went out there and kicked rear end.

Spuckuk

Being a bastard works

Hell Yeah Maria May. Shes been a lot of fun in Stardom, and any new entry to The Toni Stormiverse is great to see.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

A Fancy Hat posted:

That was one of the best return matches I've ever seen. No ring rust, no confidence issues, she just went out there and kicked rear end.

Made it even weirder when Alvarez said the match wasn't very good.

Quantum of Phallus

Alvarez typically doesn’t watch the tv shows and just reads recaps.

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

The extension on the leg lariat :allears:

Joey McChrist

A Fancy Hat posted:

i think reds definitely put in some work while she was rehabbing too. crisp and clean moves. that leg lariat! glad its time to stir it up again

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

Im gonna wad Alvarez up and stick on the underside of a desk.

The Mariah May segment was great.

ARMBAR A COP

Bunny being gone has reduced my hooting

Help my friends

Trying

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Help my friends

Hooting one out for the tribal chief :rip:

Maxwell Lord

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

I just hope it’s really a case of her wanting to move onto other things. And that she knows how appreciated she is.

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

She blew out her orbital so maybe she’s decided that’s good enough for her. IDK

The BBB debut still remains one of the most chaotic entertainment scenes provided in modern pro wrestling.

Reminds me of Roddy Piper’s wargames geeks he tried to get over. Except BBB got over for being interdimensional mercenaries.

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
In retrospect, Cody sure did have a lot of beatdowns by multiple, debuting people

Suplex Liberace

i love wrestling 101 tropes i cannot get enough of them!

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

Cody deserved everyone of them because he loved America too much

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
I got into wrestling in late 1998 due to the hype around Goldberg's winning streak, but quickly gravitated to the more exciting WCW Cruiserweight division: Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and Billy Kidman. I switched to WWF when they bought WCW and held on through the Attitude Era, which I mostly hated due to the prominence of Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, and Austin, who I have never liked. Then I drifted away from watching in 2005, after Eddie Guerrero died. I paid no attention to anything wrestling-related until the start of AEW. It rekindled my passion.

Honestly, it was the presence of The Librarian Leva Bates that initially caught my interest, even though she hardly ever got any matches. She was never the best wrestler, but she is beautiful, and I loved her gimmick (I am a librarian myself). She seemed like a cool lady, and I miss her. I also miss seeing all the midcarders, jobbers, and indie talents get featured on Dark and Dark Elevation. I preferred a lot of those matches to watching the stars on Dynamite. For a while, it seemed like the BCC/JAS show, and I was getting tired of all of them. Meanwhile, Sonny Kiss was awesome, and still is.

But I have become a huge fan of Orange Cassidy, Danhausen, the Lucha Bros, Top Flight, MJF, Dalton Castle, John Silver, Taya Valkyrie, Willow Nightingale, and especially Timeless Toni Storm. She is just the best, and I am loving everything she does, especially with the effortlessly hilarious RJ City. If a wrestler can be both talented AND funny, I'm going to mark out for them.

I am going to Full Gear in L.A. next week, which is going to be my first live AEW event. So psyched!

neoaxd

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I am going to Full Gear in L.A. next week, which is going to be my first live AEW event. So psyched!

hell yeah

Goblin Queen

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

I got into wrestling in late 1998 due to the hype around Goldberg's winning streak, but quickly gravitated to the more exciting WCW Cruiserweight division: Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and Billy Kidman. I switched to WWF when they bought WCW and held on through the Attitude Era, which I mostly hated due to the prominence of Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, and Austin, who I have never liked. Then I drifted away from watching in 2005, after Eddie Guerrero died. I paid no attention to anything wrestling-related until the start of AEW. It rekindled my passion.

Honestly, it was the presence of The Librarian Leva Bates that initially caught my interest, even though she hardly ever got any matches. She was never the best wrestler, but she is beautiful, and I loved her gimmick (I am a librarian myself). She seemed like a cool lady, and I miss her. I also miss seeing all the midcarders, jobbers, and indie talents get featured on Dark and Dark Elevation. I preferred a lot of those matches to watching the stars on Dynamite. For a while, it seemed like the BCC/JAS show, and I was getting tired of all of them. Meanwhile, Sonny Kiss was awesome, and still is.

But I have become a huge fan of Orange Cassidy, Danhausen, the Lucha Bros, Top Flight, MJF, Dalton Castle, John Silver, Taya Valkyrie, Willow Nightingale, and especially Timeless Toni Storm. She is just the best, and I am loving everything she does, especially with the effortlessly hilarious RJ City. If a wrestler can be both talented AND funny, I'm going to mark out for them.

Hope you have a great time Big Bad Voodoo Lou, Happy Wrestling!

Prokhor Zakharov

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

drat! having a big time ppv as your first live event is gonna be mindblowing

super macho dude

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Help my friends

You can take comfort in some preemptive hootin' for the fact that we'll get to watch yet another excellent AEW PPV next weekend and will definitely be hollerin' at the end of the main event

Big Bad Voodoo Lou

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

drat! having a big time ppv as your first live event is gonna be mindblowing

I went to an unremarkable WCW Monday Nitro back in 1999 and an NXT taping in Orlando in early 2020, just weeks before the pandemic lockdowns started. But those are my only live wrestling experiences prior to next weekend's PPV.

Shard

Pape ordered. Happy Pape week everyone!

On The Internet

Oh hell yeah! I'm traveling this week so doubly looking forward to getting home.

I'm so torn between Hanger and Swerve. I want them both to win

Suplex Liberace

swerve will win because hes very villainous and will do something truly evil to win.

Shard

JSmithOTI posted:

Oh hell yeah! I'm traveling this week so doubly looking forward to getting home.

I'm so torn between Hanger and Swerve. I want them both to win

I'm sorry hangman, but this is Swerve's house

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

I got the pape as part of the AEW+ package which is still the best way to get AEW. No commercials, the pip commentary is some of best comedy outside a NHRA dragstrip at 11pm.

Shard

I would have gotten that but by the time I started using Fite it wouldn't have saved me any money. If they offer it next year I'm totally buying it since I buy all the AEW papes anyway.

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

a e w - i like it

Big Coffin Hunter

I don't think the guy who broke into a baby's bedroom is going to win his match

On The Internet

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I don't think the guy who broke into a baby's bedroom is going to win his match

But what if the baby was cool with him winning?

Suplex Liberace

hes gonna snitsky that baby into the crowd to distract hangman!

Most Power Alex

JSmithOTI posted:

People say the Elite are boring because it's just the story of whether or not a group of grown men like each other or not. Well what if the Elite was a story about whether or not a group of grown men and their children like each other or not.

Goblin Queen

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

JSmithOTI posted:

Dave just said the Hangbaby is becoming a Mogul Ambassador after turning on their father this Saturday on the pape.

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

Big tron baby during the match:
Swerve daddy swerve

*does the nana dance*

ARMBAR A COP

I support babies wrestling

Most Power Alex
Everyone here support Paul Wight but right now we are talking about Hangman's infant son.

ChrisBTY

this glorious monument

I was going to attend my first major wrestling event on April 15th 2021.
The main was probably going to be Mox vs Hager so I kinda dodged a bullet on that one.

Shard

I'm ready for my weekly dose of dynamite

Jonny Nox

gently caress it, it’s getting posted everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Skee-entist

Jonny Nox posted:

gently caress it, it’s getting posted everywhere

Quoting it because it drat well should be in the AEW Mecca thread. This is the poo poo we hoot and holler over!