Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

sock it to me! posted:

I dream of the day I can buy a bucket of 300 mg funny bears at costco

For real. The tiny super expensive dispensary packages are a not-insignificant line item in my monthly fun budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
you guys were right the fitcrunch bars gently caress.

Also the topo chico sparkling water cans make a great alternative to soda or beer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

metachronos posted:

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

metachronos posted:

Also the topo chico sparkling water cans make a great alternative to soda or beer.

best thing I can say about fitcrunch bars is they taste like real food, which is not a statement usually associated with protein bars

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

pentyne posted:

best thing I can say about fitcrunch bars is they taste like real food, which is not a statement usually associated with protein bars

Yeah it tastes like a slightly healthy candy bar IMO

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I tried a couple of MET-Rx protein/meal replacement bars from a gas station and they were actually pretty good, which is not something I used to think I could say about protein bars. Finally something I can eat for lunch when I have zero energy or appetite that's quick and easy AND has protein and carbs and actual nutrients like a real meal AND doesn't taste like rear end!

(Does Costco sell MET-Rx bars? My town doesn't have a Costco; the nearest one is like a 2 hour drive from me.)

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 11, 2023

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

metachronos posted:

The topo chico water is really good, but it's pretty expensive so I probably won't be buying it again. Actually I think my Costco stopped carrying it anyway. I'm good with buying waterloo for half the price of topo chico. And Costco rotates in different varieties of waterloo so I never get bored of the same flavors.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Renegret posted:

Tried the Costco brand pulled pork from the prepared food isle. I went in with low expectations but I figured it couldn't be that bad.

Nope, it somehow went far below my already low expectations. If you told me it was the reject scraps off of a breakfast ham production line I'd believe you. The only way I could salvage it was by covering it in bbq sauce to hide its taste.

I'm gonna feed it to my FIL and throw the rest in the trash

The carnitas are better. They're not soaked in fake smoke flavor and salt for a week prior to packaging.

Tricks to heat them up in a pan to get crispies and jazz it up with the 505 or something.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

We also like the Topo Chico sparkling water - definitely better than most fruit juice flavored carbonated drinks - we like it as much as Spindrift.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Costco is great for crab boil. Creamer potatoes and an 8 pack of sweet corn and two packages of $22.99/lb king creb and half a bag of U-15 shrimp. Andouille came from Sprouts though they’ve got a great spicy andouille.

I use this for spices, really good mix imo

https://www.thespruceeats.com/crab-boil-spice-mix-recipe-1809303

Forgot to take pics though sorry.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
knowing bwbd, they probably used like, four times the amount of water or butter than they were supposed to.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh no there's too much water in my boil, and butter on my seafood oh no

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is topo chico even flavored

I had it once and just remember it being like mineral water

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco now has flavored Topo in cans, as well as the original in bottles. They probably also have Topo Hard Seltzer in with the beer too

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh no there's too much water in my boil, and butter on my seafood oh no

yes. It is.... UNSALTED.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mustached Demon posted:

The carnitas are better. They're not soaked in fake smoke flavor and salt for a week prior to packaging.

Tricks to heat them up in a pan to get crispies and jazz it up with the 505 or something.

I also switched to buying the Del Real carnitas but it was mainly because it comes in two smaller pouches instead of a single 2lb pouch (I was always too lazy to portion it before freezing it). Maybe the pulled pork got worse, I dunno, but I used to like it. I also don’t eat that much meat so maybe my palette isn’t particularly refined and it was good enough for me.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Alan Smithee posted:

is topo chico even flavored

I had it once and just remember it being like mineral water

It's flavored with the minerals of the earth, friend.

I really like it but it's pricy. It's an S tier mixer though because it's insanely carbonated. Like the most carbonated drink I've ever had. As a result you can use it as a mixer and keep the overall carbonation super high.

Overall though I love drinking a tallboy Topo slowly during a super long zoom meeting. Anything to dull the boredom.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

My only real exposure to Costco is in Hawaii and Arizona where you can buy booze and in Hawaii you can even get cigarettes

Costco used to have a pretty large, fully caged area where you could buy bulk cartons of cigarettes. This was a long time ago- my mom started taking me to Costco when I was super young, and I remember the old ladies running through with nothing more than like 5 cartons of smokes. Those ladies ruled.

Costco wasn't always a place where you needed a 100k+ income to shop effectively. Back in the Before Times, when normal people could afford groceries and treats, there were tons of regular rear end people there, mostly going there to buy staples.

Anyways, Hawaii Costco is great for other reasons- for one, you can buy pairs of Rainbow sandles at a really good price at the Maui Costco. Then you have the macadamia treats and all the squid and other dried seafood snacks :jerky: Of course, that whole area that we visited is now burned down, so that's... dope...

I had a ridiculously huge crush on this girl when I was in elementary school, and somehow I literally saw her and said hi in the Honalulu Costco when I was like 15 and we were about to board a plane to one of the smaller islands. The church provides I guess. That was Lost levels of serendipitously meeting someone randomly.

Taima fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 11, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Taima posted:

Like the most carbonated drink I've ever had. As a result you can use it as a mixer and keep the overall carbonation super high.

Just do what I do and buy the carbonating yourself. Guaranteed to have the spiciest bubbles and you can flavor it yourself too

Taima posted:

Costco wasn't always a place where you needed a 100k+ income to shop effectively. Back in the Before Times, when normal people could afford groceries and treats, there were tons of regular rear end people there, mostly going there to buy staples.

And I guess this is a Hawaii thing because even though Costco doesn't have the grimy filth layers that Sam's Club has -- or the miasma of sadness -- it's just as affordable and cheaper than any other grocery store around

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

knowing bwbd, they probably used like, four times the amount of water or butter than they were supposed to.

I put the potatoes, corn including cob, water, butter, shrimp, andouille, and crab into my Costco Blendtec and turn it into a slurry and then sip it through a straw.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Can you return to a physical store items bought online that are not carried in that store? I'm specifically thinking about clothes, if it matters.

Follow up question: What are the best men's lounge pants, both warm and not? I've heard good things about the Kirkland ones being Vuori knockoffs, so I'll try those at least. Looking for comfy all day work from home pants.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Soul Dentist posted:

And I guess this is a Hawaii thing because even though Costco doesn't have the grimy filth layers that Sam's Club has -- or the miasma of sadness -- it's just as affordable and cheaper than any other grocery store around

The median income of a given Costco shopper is ~$128,000 a year

It was just nice to see a more varied mix of people in Costco back when food prices meant a bunch of shoppers weren't locked out. That's all I was getting at. The church should be a safe place for all its congregants.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

one of those videos where a white guy pours the boil out and every piece of food is as nude and pale as the day it was born

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

metachronos posted:

Literally just now realized the protein bars I ate for lunch today and yesterday were both FitCrunch bars, and yes, they do indeed gently caress.

That fat content, though... 20g per bar :chloe:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Corb3t posted:

We also like the Topo Chico sparkling water - definitely better than most fruit juice flavored carbonated drinks - we like it as much as Spindrift.

I’m really liking the blue monkey but it’s not saving you any calories over soda, that’s for drat sure

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

incogneato posted:

Can you return to a physical store items bought online that are not carried in that store? I'm specifically thinking about clothes, if it matters.

Follow up question: What are the best men's lounge pants, both warm and not? I've heard good things about the Kirkland ones being Vuori knockoffs, so I'll try those at least. Looking for comfy all day work from home pants.

you can return any online purchase at a store yes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

incogneato posted:

It depends on the store, but most stores nowadays will take it back as long as there's something on it they can scan, yes.

The employees may not like dealing with it after that, and they probably won't have anywhere to put it if their location doesn't stock that specific SKU, but they'll take it back.

EDIT: Just saw you said "online". That depends more on the store policy. Some places will take it back, others will make you ship it back, and some places will make you get approval to return it and THEN ship it back. Check the store's online return policy if you can.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 11, 2023

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Soul Dentist posted:

Just do what I do and buy the carbonating yourself. Guaranteed to have the spiciest bubbles and you can flavor it yourself too

I recommend! My spouse created a 5-gallon kegerator (with tap!) strictly for sparkling water. It is amazing and I like it better than Topo Chico. It cost <$250 altogether for the setup since we got the minifridge secondhand.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Saturday afternoon run - cursed.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

yes. It is.... UNSALTED.

Yikes

Don't even joke like that I can't take it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Not a fan of the Sukhi Tikka masala. It's missing something flavor-wise and the chicken is oddly fatty.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

The topo chico water is really good, but it's pretty expensive so I probably won't be buying it again. Actually I think my Costco stopped carrying it anyway. I'm good with buying waterloo for half the price of topo chico. And Costco rotates in different varieties of waterloo so I never get bored of the same flavors.

I didn't know they made nonalcoholic versions of Topo Chico, I've only ever seen it as a better version of Truly.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

SirPablo posted:

Saturday afternoon run - cursed.

I went today right after opening and it wasn’t any better, forgot it’s a holiday weekend

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

binge crotching posted:

I didn't know they made nonalcoholic versions of Topo Chico, I've only ever seen it as a better version of Truly.

:psyop::psyop:

Lookit this fella's never had homemade ranch water

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I didn't know they made alcoholic versions of topo chico, I thought it was just fancy mineral water.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

used to be the opposite of fancy mineral water. way too mean a bite.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Very important Costco-related news: My wife and I adopted a dog last week. We finally settled on a name - say hi to Kirk!

It's short for Kirkland Signature 1/4 Pound PLUS All Beef Hot Dog and 20oz Soda (With Refill) for $1.50

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Kirk is very cute. Have you considered getting a dog bed from Costco

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Extremely cool dog, what kind of breed is that?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

heisenberg posted:

Very important Costco-related news: My wife and I adopted a dog last week. We finally settled on a name - say hi to Kirk!

It's short for Kirkland Signature 1/4 Pound PLUS All Beef Hot Dog and 20oz Soda (With Refill) for $1.50

Get that good boy a hotdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nice! Yesterday was New Dog Bed Day at Costco for Beatrice:

Bea is 100lbs and five feet long tip to tail