Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

whats your opinion on when people pull into the less traveled/plowed and snow covered passing lane and immediately lose traction and cant pass you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tbh i do a lot of passing at 60 mph+ when i have my snows on my tacoma in 4x4 hi its unstoppable but ive had a few slushy areas where i questioned my decisions

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if any of you uyse this opporutnity to say 4x4 doesnt help you stop i will literally drone strike you

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

if any of you uyse this opporutnity to say 4x4 doesnt help you stop i will literally drone strike you

drone strike helps you stop way better than 4x4

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

drone strike helps you stop way better than 4x4

i got stuck on a icy hill last year at a switchback right at the top and i forgot to try the diff lock before I winched out and later i remembered and got really mad at myself.there was a solid 10 minutes where i was telling my passenger lets see if crawl control can do it and it didnt work

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

it helps but how much loving help do you need going 60mph lmao. are you one of those people that NEEDs some big rear end engine to go 65mph as well?

also re the passing lane thing: I'm comfortable using it but you just gotta be gentle and read the conditions not just slam into that lane and floor the gas. I see a lot of dipshits get impatient and swerve over into that thing which is where you get hosed if the conditions are worse than you are expecting but to each their own I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

it helps but how much loving help do you need going 60mph lmao. are you one of those people that NEEDs some big rear end engine to go 65mph as well?

also re the passing lane thing: I'm comfortable using it but you just gotta be gentle and read the conditions not just slam into that lane and floor the gas. I see a lot of dipshits get impatient and swerve over into that thing which is where you get hosed if the conditions are worse than you are expecting but to each their own I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️
well i would prefer to go slower but these idiots will go 60 when its ok to pass and 30 in a bad section when i would just be able to keep going at 50. you see. mother fucker !! im really gentle on the throttle. when i lose traction i gain it back everytime. im a born god

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the dipshits going 75mph in a straight line then slamming the brakes to go 15 through a slight bend in the road are a pretty loving special breed and are almost always some fat dipshit in an american SUV/Truck that takes a good 5-10 minutes to psychologically break them into realising that they need to let my dinky rear end Corolla loving pass

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If you aren't comfortable taking a slight bend in the road at anywhere near a normal speed in the snow even with some 80K SUV that might be a slight tip off that your rear end ain't built for winter driving and you should call an uber.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I just drive slow all the time now bc I'm old and I don't care anymore

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I mind my own business on the road and avoid playing mind games with people

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Formula 1 :hfive: Cricket : Discussing the weather as much as the sport

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

if you're not playing mind games with the dodge ram tailgating you to the point they pull out their gun are you even living

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

if you're not playing mind games with the dodge ram tailgating you to the point they pull out their gun are you even living

I think so, yes

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

What’s also really bad are the brodozers with thousands of dollars thrown into their suspension who come to a dead stop and tip toe over a small, graded change in pavement height.

I understand I’m likely an outlier with most drivers everywhere in that I have an idea how slow and fast bump and rebound work since I can take my 86 over such a transition at the posted speed limit with no issues whatsoever.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 12, 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

If I wanted to get somewhere without engaging in high risk psychological warfare with people I've never met before then I'd just take the loving bus lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

If I wanted to get somewhere without engaging in high risk psychological warfare with people I've never met before then I'd just take the loving bus lol

Bro what buses are you taking

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

whats your opinion on when people pull into the less traveled/plowed and snow covered passing lane and immediately lose traction and cant pass you

It's the passing car's responsibility pass safely OP

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

It gives you better traction under acceleration, it does gently caress all under any other situation, you're actually part of the problem if you think otherwise. Four DRIVEN wheels, if they aren't driving it doesn't do poo poo for cunting fucks sake 😶‍🌫️

E: you may be doing a bit in which case ignore this post

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I don’t know about brodozer a but the SUVs slowing for any turn is because the few “luxury” SUVs I’ve driven are so loving soft in whatever “comfort” suspension mode that you feel like you’re going to loving tip over if you put anything through the loving car. It probably doesn’t help that you’re two stories in the sky.

I maintain that the Porsche Cayenne is the most dangerous car on the road at any time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I don’t know about brodozer a but the SUVs slowing for any turn is because the few “luxury” SUVs I’ve driven are so loving soft in whatever “comfort” suspension mode that you feel like you’re going to loving tip over if you put anything through the loving car. It probably doesn’t help that you’re two stories in the sky.

I maintain that the Porsche Cayenne is the most dangerous car on the road at any time.

Nah, loving EVs with regenerative braking where the brake lights don't come on are a menace. Get hosed off to Mars with Elon you shitbirds.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Is that this, “one pedal driving” I keep hearing about?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Wait are you joking, the regenerative braking doesn’t turn on the lights???

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Theophany posted:

It gives you better traction under acceleration, it does gently caress all under any other situation, you're actually part of the problem if you think otherwise. Four DRIVEN wheels, if they aren't driving it doesn't do poo poo for cunting fucks sake 😶‍🌫️

E: you may be doing a bit in which case ignore this post

you dont have to be accelerating for it to help. you can keep driving a constant speed and it will help keep you stable. it also will keep better traction while turning. hint: turning is acceleration but i have a feeling you didnt mean it like that. you probably suck rear end at driving and slam your brakes into a icy corner and then loduly complain the 4x4 didnt help you loving moron

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I once had the very rare experience of a Haldex differential sending power to the rear wheels.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ethanol posted:

tbh i do a lot of passing at 60 mph+ when i have my snows on my tacoma in 4x4 hi its unstoppable but ive had a few slushy areas where i questioned my decisions

Hope you dont tip over that piece of poo poo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Anyone else not going to participate in a mass casualty event by staying at home and watching this crap on an illegal stream in their underwear instead of paying one thousand dollars plus air fair, lodging, food and bev to get nailed in the head by a "chud" with an "assault weapon" that has been "illegally converted to a class IV destructive device" :cheers:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

I once had the very rare experience of a Haldex differential sending power to the rear wheels.

that poo poo sucks. i had a old crv that would only send power if the wheel was completely broken traction. like the wheel has to be turning 100% faster than the rest. That's more of a lability than a helpful feature because you should have already been off the throttle. subaru got it right but their cars all fall apart. p sure honda changed their cars since my crv and arent as bad anymore

hifi posted:

Hope you dont tip over that piece of poo poo
ok i won't because it's not a jeep dumbass

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

you dont have to be accelerating for it to help. you can keep driving a constant speed and it will help keep you stable. it also will keep better traction while turning. hint: turning is acceleration but i have a feeling you didnt mean it like that. you probably suck rear end at driving and slam your brakes into a icy corner and then loduly complain the 4x4 didnt help you loving moron

Again I have to circle back to do you need this while doing 60mph? Maybe I'm just built different but I've always been fine driving some dinky rear end FWD car through the snow with studded winter tires and it's never felt like I was in any sort of danger of spinning out or losing complete control of the car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Like I get it. Having nice things are cool. But just admit you want a nice thing instead of trying to justify it to everyone else lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im not putting studded tires on my cars because its also dry a lot. youre driving that clickety clack around all the time? do you live in ice road alaska where it makes sense? i mean it's fine you drive some lovely corolla you dont have to justify it to me. i can drive any car in the winter. any car. i drove a miata for years in ice. but dont tell me 4x4 doesnt give you superior traction cause you want to feel better

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Again I have to circle back to do you need this while doing 60mph? Maybe I'm just built different but I've always been fine driving some dinky rear end FWD car through the snow with studded winter tires and it's never felt like I was in any sort of danger of spinning out or losing complete control of the car.

As a resident of phoenix it is imperative that you are driving 60 mph if not more. I dont know what snow is.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Motherfucker I'm driving a 20 year old corolla and by the time you turn on the fan and play some music you can't even hear it. Is your SUV a Lada Niva that you drive in complete silence like a sociopath or something?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can't stand a slight clicking sound, better buy a $60K SUV that doesn't even fix the issue of not having those tires. No wonder the american economy is hosed lmao

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yeah funny you bark about the economy meanwhile you go around destroying public roads with your diamond carbide crusted tires you swine .

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

not to mention that poo poo is only good in certain conditions with a surface the tips can grab into. next to worthless in fresh snow

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Click clack

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

Click clack

God, it’s the weekend, we need some actual F1 news to get us to the spectacle (derogatory) we expect next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Click clack