Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Speaking of, I wonder if they'll ever fix the actual ability description for the sanctionbot.
Like, I don't expect it to be perfect or entirely intuitive, but it's just wrong right now.

It only activates when you damage something with Skills and Ultimates. Qingque drawing tiles, Astas ult or healers/buffs don't trigger it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah, I've been doing MoC with a SW/QQ team and Welt team. Neither really care if the enemy is weak or not. I can't clear the current 10 for 3 stars because I just don't have the dps required, but I don't really care.

If you don't have the dps required then maybe that 20-32% more from being on element does matter...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

it doesn't matter if they're 'solved', they're just actively not good fights and blow whenever they show up

I just don't see them as unfun, personally. Just puzzles, really, though the Deer I'll grant is bad. It's just stats.

Eej posted:

If you don't have the dps required then maybe that 20-32% more from being on element does matter...

Except the roadblock for 10 for me was the Swarm, and all of my dps is on element even without Silver Wolf. It's just stats, and I didn't have the raw power needed to finish it in time.

I say was because I just got 3 stars on 10, giving me 30/30. This is only the second time for me, and last round was the broken rear end dissociation debuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, Topaz absolutely can hypercarry. Used her with Bronya and Yukong to take care of 10 side 1. gently caress the ape.

And when I say Welt doesn't care about hitting weakness, it has to do with his ult. He can lock the enemies down whether they're weak to Imaginary or not. It's definitely damage lost, but the team takes less damage because of it. It's only the enemies that are actively resistant to Imaginary or CC who are an issue.

Silver Wolf and Quinque obviously don't care about weakness because SW can just inject it.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 12, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
MoC9 hard stopped me because the Deer and the Middle Manager both counter my Kafka team hard. I only have one Clara team, game!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 hours!)

Yanqing is a really bad autobattler.
for some freaking reason, he will spam basic attack instead of his skill

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

GateOfD posted:

Yanqing is a really bad autobattler.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

10 did take me a few tries, and I had to play around with different teams. For some reason I thought it was Yukong in the winning run, but it was loving Clara. Good poo poo.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the ape is one of my favorites to fight. the deer is the only fight that has gotten on my nerves before, but it was just for MoC7 when that first came out and my characters were kinda weak still. now the deer is just kinda boring to fight.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Luocha pretty much nullifies the ape. He handles the spike damage without costing a turn or skill point and his ult clears the stacking damage buff to keep the ape from being able to one-shot anyone. Fu Xuan does pretty well too.

Meanwhile the stupid Aurumaton is just annoying as hell to fight with almost any team.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The Aurumaton is super easy for me imho, I just usually save my AoE ults for when he activate his ability and wipe out the fishes he spawn in one go and presto, he just provided you with his own built in def shred.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm still not even sure how sanction mode actually works but I have DHIL so I get to just brute force everything

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

The Aurumaton is super easy for me imho, I just usually save my AoE ults for when he activate his ability and wipe out the fishes he spawn in one go and presto, he just provided you with his own built in def shred.

I didn't say he was hard. Just annoying. You either have to micromanage him so you break him without triggering Dread or deal with having multiple characters Imprisoned. And I swear it has a custom aggro algorithm to always target the DPS characters instead of the tank.

acumen posted:

I'm still not even sure how sanction mode actually works but I have DHIL so I get to just brute force everything

Aurumaton adds a stack of Dread whenever it takes its turn or whenever it's damaged by a Skill or Ultimate. Non-damaging Skills (like DHIL or Tingyun) or Ultimates (like Bronya or Topaz) and basic attacks are fine. Once he hits 3 stacks of Dread, he immediately enters Sanction mode. If he entered Sanction mode on his own turn, he'll just summon the fish and stop. If he entered as a response to one of your characters pissing him off, he'll summon fish and then immediately gank somebody with a high chance to Imprison them. While in Sanction mode, he's unbreakable, and every turn he takes will be a weak attack followed by the big one that Imprisons. Once he's used the Imprisoning attack twice, he'll end Sanction mode.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
All right, help me retool my teams. I have one team that can clear Swarm IV, no teams that can clear MoC beyond stage 4, and I'll need three teams to clear Swarm V to finish off its achievements. If you look at this and wonder "Why THAT light cone?" it's because it's best available to me.

Who I'm using:
80 E0 Kafka, Good Night and Sleep Well, Thunder / Messenger / Space Station
80 E0 Blade, Something Irreplaceable, Longevous x4 / Salsotto
80 E1 Topaz, Cruising in the Stellar Sea, Firesmith / Musketeer / Salsotto
80 E0 Bailu, Time Waits for No One, Passerby / Messenger / Fleet

Yes, Kafka doesn't have any other DoTs to feed off of. That's a problem. But I need raw damage and I have no one else who can outdo either of them in those slots.

Bench, under development:
80 E0 Seele, Subscribe For More!, Genius x4 / Salsotto. Good at present but not great.
80 E5 Fireblazer, Day One, Knight x4 / Belobog. My only leveled shielder. Waiting for local currency to afford the last E.
71 E2 Pela, Resolution, Musketeer x4 / Pan-Cosmic. Current project and my only good Ice unit.
80 E3 Natasha, Post-Op, Messenger x4 / Keel. Getting there, fast, but fragile. My only other healer.
70 E5 Sushang, River Flows, Boxing x4 / Rutilant. Nowhere near the crit rate to trigger Rutilant.
70 E2 Luka, Resolution, Boxing x4 / Pan-Cosmic. WIP.
70 E2 Sampo, Eyes of the Prey, Eagle / Musketeer, Salsotto. Wind shear distributor.
70 E2 Guinaifen, Void, Firesmith x4 / Vonwacq. WIP.
70 E0 Yukong, Musketeer x4 / Fleet.
70 E2 Qingque, Genius x4 / Celestial.

Deep bench: March, Asta, Tingyun, Serval, Hook, Herta, vanilla Dan Heng, Arlan. Not untouched but in need of a lot more work.

Obviously, "keep leveling" and "keep building traces and relics and cone levels" is a no-brainer. But in terms of groupings, particularly when I'm staring at MoC levels where I absolutely need an Ice unit?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You're spreading yourself too thin. You never absolutely need an ice unit. You say investing more in relics is a no brainer, but if you can't beat moc4 at those levels then you desperately need to actually do that. Far, far before thinking about useless things like team comp or having an ice unit.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Clarste posted:

You're spreading yourself too thin. You never absolutely need an ice unit. You say investing more in relics is a no brainer, but if you can't beat moc4 at those levels then you desperately need to actually do that. Far, far before thinking about useless things like team comp or having an ice unit.

If the boss is weak to ice and its sidekicks are weak to ice and breaks are what make the difference between winning a fight or getting wiped, why would I not absolutely want my Pela on that team?

Fair enough, though. This is why I don't do Abyss in Genshin, either -- the difference between relics that are 80-90% good enough and 99% good enough is ungodly hours of grinding.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
It's hard to emphasize how much raw power is locked behind having good relics. It's a lot more than you probably realize.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

delfin posted:

If the boss is weak to ice and its sidekicks are weak to ice and breaks are what make the difference between winning a fight or getting wiped, why would I not absolutely want my Pela on that team?

Fair enough, though. This is why I don't do Abyss in Genshin, either -- the difference between relics that are 80-90% good enough and 99% good enough is ungodly hours of grinding.

Leveling a bunch of merely okay relics to 15 on your heavy hitters will make a big difference. Also level your skills

If you're not able to clear MoC4 at those levels something is seriously wrong.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 12, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

delfin posted:

All right, help me retool my teams. I have one team that can clear Swarm IV, no teams that can clear MoC beyond stage 4, and I'll need three teams to clear Swarm V to finish off its achievements. If you look at this and wonder "Why THAT light cone?" it's because it's best available to me.

Who I'm using:

Yes, Kafka doesn't have any other DoTs to feed off of. That's a problem. But I need raw damage and I have no one else who can outdo either of them in those slots.

80 E0 Seele, Subscribe For More!, Genius x4 / Salsotto. Good at present but not great.
80 E5 Fireblazer, Day One, Knight x4 / Belobog. My only leveled shielder. Waiting for local currency to afford the last E.
71 E2 Pela, Resolution, Musketeer x4 / Pan-Cosmic. Current project and my only good Ice unit.
80 E3 Natasha, Post-Op, Messenger x4 / Keel. Getting there, fast, but fragile. My only other healer.
70 E5 Sushang, River Flows, Boxing x4 / Rutilant. Nowhere near the crit rate to trigger Rutilant.
70 E2 Sampo, Eyes of the Prey, Eagle / Musketeer, Salsotto. Wind shear distributor.

Deep bench: March, Asta, Tingyun, Serval, Hook, Herta, vanilla Dan Heng, Arlan. Not untouched but in need of a lot more work.

Obviously, "keep leveling" and "keep building traces and relics and cone levels" is a no-brainer. But in terms of groupings, particularly when I'm staring at MoC levels where I absolutely need an Ice unit?

The only reason you're not clearing MoC4 with even just one leveled DPS on each team is that you're seriously underinvesting in either traces or relics

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

delfin posted:

What level are your relics? They should be bare minimum level 12, and 15 if possible. They don't have to be good relics-- I certainly don't have good relics for the most part because I hate grinding them-- but you need the stat boost even if it's random stats.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Danakir posted:

It's hard to emphasize how much raw power is locked behind having good relics. It's a lot more than you probably realize.

I think the priority is levels [Raw numbers and helps in calculations, difference in level between you and the mob can suck], LC [Raw numbers], Relics [Modifies those raw numbers], then Traces. There can be some exceptions here and there, some characters really want to stack some Traces as soon as possible, but by and large levels and LC are always priority 1, then get your relics up.

Also never game tired, I had roughly the same amount of crystals and starlight and dropped 300 starlight on tickets. Welp, guess I'm waiting longer to get that 5* LC!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tarezax posted:

If you're not able to clear MoC4 at those levels something is seriously wrong.

All right, thought process at work. I actually did limp though 4, so let's look at MoC5.

Second half is Kafka, and I don't have the Abundance resonance because it isn't SU. So I need a debuff clearer to survive, which means Natasha instead of Bailu. She and her sidekicks are weak to Wind, so Blade goes there.

First half is Senior Staff, which means AoE is a must and Fire and Ice are strongly recommended to take those buff points off the subs and keep from getting quickly overwhelmed. So I'm looking at Topaz for focused Fire damage on the boss, Pela for Def shred and AoE breaks, probably Guin for additional Fire AoE and Bailu since she can't be on team 2.

Two slots left on the second half. Kafka has to go somewhere just because she's leveled and geared, so Sampo joins her so Kafka has someone to feed off of.

That's Topaz / Pela / Guin / Bailu and Kafka / Blade / Sampo / Natasha. In practice, Senior Staff wipes me because both Guin and Pela need more leveling.

Genovera posted:

What level are your relics? They should be bare minimum level 12, and 15 if possible. They don't have to be good relics-- I certainly don't have good relics for the most part because I hate grinding them-- but you need the stat boost even if it's random stats.

Mostly 12s. I've been replacing purples with golds as I go along based on advice.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mulva posted:

I think the priority is levels [Raw numbers and helps in calculations, difference in level between you and the mob can suck], LC [Raw numbers], Relics [Modifies those raw numbers], then Traces. There can be some exceptions here and there, some characters really want to stack some Traces as soon as possible, but by and large levels and LC are always priority 1, then get your relics up.

Also never game tired, I had roughly the same amount of crystals and starlight and dropped 300 starlight on tickets. Welp, guess I'm waiting longer to get that 5* LC!

But getting everything to 90% is way more effective than getting one thing to 100%. IE: Being level 80 with level 3 relics is worse than being level 70 with level 15 relics.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

If you're not able to get past MoC4 with those teams, then either your relics aren't leveled or they aren't 80-90% good enough. Level 15 relics with the correct main stats and zero useful substats should be able to get you far past MoC4.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
imo the investment priority is

Character to 80
LC to 80
Traces to 6 (pre-purple rarity levels)
Relic main stats to 12-15
Traces to 9
Grind Relic substats

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Consider double sustain teams. Fireblazer is a great pick for the Senior Staff fight. March 7th has debuff clear for Kafka. Actually survive the fight before you start cutting defense for clear speed.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
I don't quite yet have a team to slot Topaz into besides a somewhat janky Topaz/Himeko/Kafka/Bailu thing, but I am getting joy from mash E/Q 'ing Numby onto and off of Topaz's head at the start of battles.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

delfin posted:

Who I'm using:

Looking at the enemy lineup in MoC 5 and your currently leveled units, I would suggest

Team 1: Topaz, Kafka, Guinaifen, Bailu
Team 2: Blade, Fireblazer, Natasha, Pela

These teams are not exactly the most synergistic, and Fireblazer has anti-synergy with Blade, but I assume that your Bailu can solo sustain but your Natasha can't, so one team needs Bailu and the other needs Natasha+Fireblazer. Despite Fireblazer not playing nice with Blade, the second set has Kafka as an enemy and Natasha is your only unit with a cleanse. Blade is there because they're wind weak and Pela is there to remove buffs from the Shapeshifter and his Mara summons.

Regarding Team 1, I included Guinaifen since she does fire dots and Kafka is on that team, but whichever remaining support is most built might be preferable. Kafka will do a follow-up each turn which helps Topaz, who is also a good element for the enemies.

I don't recommend these as long term teams or anything but I think it might be the best combo for your current units against that level.

Tarezax posted:

Consider double sustain teams. Fireblazer is a great pick for the Senior Staff fight. March 7th has debuff clear for Kafka. Actually survive the fight before you start cutting defense for clear speed.

Yeah if Bailu can't solo sustain then I would suggest building March more, and then for this MoC 5 the teams could be:

Team 1: Topaz, Kafka, Bailu, Fireblazer
Team 2: March, Blade, Natasha, Pela

Genovera fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 12, 2023

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah, relics are more important than traces honestly except for a handful of circumstances where maxing traces is important for the character. You need good relics that work with the character you're building or they'll struggle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delfin posted:

Who I'm using:

thats way too many random characters to have 'under development', youre probably spreading your resources too thin. just focus on building two teams. dont worry about matchups or weaknesses or anything. just build two teams really well. you'll be able to get deep into both swarm and MoC.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

delfin posted:

break means virtually nothing until like moc8+ i feel.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even at higher MoC levels, you can absolutely clear with off-element teams if they're built well. you dont even need the god-level artifacts, just decent ones.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Endorph posted:

thats way too many random characters to have 'under development', youre probably spreading your resources too thin. just focus on building two teams. dont worry about matchups or weaknesses or anything. just build two teams really well. you'll be able to get deep into both swarm and MoC.

this but also where is your tingyun, where is your asta? like honestly since you already have kafka, blade, topaz, and seele, literally every other dps unit you're trying to build right now should be completely backburnered in favor of boosting supports (on top of actually fully building out your dps). both of them would be premier super supports for the kafka side since they just turbo charge your attack and damage values. i'd honestly say either of them is more worth having guinaifen is a secondary dot unit

also just to clear things up you should post a full character sheet of your main dps units just so we can get a fuller overview of where you're falling behind
https://rails-express.com

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also also as a follow up to that andn what ppl have said about trace levels, if your kafka is not maxed lvl 10 ult trace at the very least minimum then you do not have a functional kafka

e: the thing about kafka tho is that she's going to get new bis gear and planars in the next update so might as well wait 2 days before you farm for her

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
What is the value of Asta or Tigyun over Silver Wolf as the support on a Kafka team? I admit Guinaifen would probably be a better sub-DPS for her over my current Sampo, but SW's been real comfy with her def shred and occasional max Break Effect entanglement.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Asta gives more speed, which means Kafka gets more turns to force dots to trigger. She also buffs party attack, which is what directly increases dot damage.

Tingyun gives Kafka a pile of attack, which again increases dot damage. She also gives Kafka energy via her Ult, which allows her to trigger dot damage more often. She's also lightning so you can use Planetary Rendezvous and the upcoming Penacony planar ornament set to boost other party member's Lightning damage (ie Kafka).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m slowly becoming convinced that Glacial Frost can’t roll speed substats. JL has been at 130 spd since I pulled her, I just want that breakpoint. I fear this will be the end of me.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Futaba Anzu posted:

this but also where is your tingyun, where is your asta? like honestly since you already have kafka, blade, topaz, and seele, literally every other dps unit you're trying to build right now should be completely backburnered in favor of boosting supports (on top of actually fully building out your dps). both of them would be premier super supports for the kafka side since they just turbo charge your attack and damage values. i'd honestly say either of them is more worth having guinaifen is a secondary dot unit

also just to clear things up you should post a full character sheet of your main dps units just so we can get a fuller overview of where you're falling behind
https://rails-express.com

Yeah I'd say pick two DPS, two offensive supports, and four defensive supports to invest in until you can survive MoC10. One of the defensive supports can be swapped for another offensive one if the team survives without them.

When I was progressing MoC I kinda made them into pairs. So you could have one pair of Kafka+Asta, one of Seele+Tingyun, one of Natasha+Fireblazer, and one of Bailu+Pela. Then for each stage pick which DPS gets which sustain.

Of course that requires building Asta and Tingyun, and while this would be a good idea it might be quicker to just invest more in the best combo that is already partway there and then prioritize the new supports as number 9 and 10 after you actually clear MoC.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just realized I can just give Guin Topaz's placeholder 2 Firesmith + 2 Musketeer once I grind out that new follow-up set for Topaz. Hooray for efficiency!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just to give an idea of how poo poo your characters can be built and still clear MoC:

Topaz - 3.4k HP, 2.1k atk, 930 def, 144 spd, 71/79 crit/dam

Bronya - 4.2k HP, 1.7k def, 137 spd, 152 crit dam, 44 eff res for Broken Keel

Quinque - 2.9k HP, 3.1k atk, 970 def, 106 spd, 83/84 crit/dam

Silver Wolf - 3.9k HP, 1.1k def, 138 spd, 143 break eff, 65 eff hit

Those are my top 2 DPS and supports that cleared MoC 10 this morning. They're not great, especially that crit rate and damage. Bronya helps, as well as Yukong and another 20-30 per team from Broken Keel. Welt gets up to about 100/200 crit/dam on the same team with Bronya and Yukong when their ults line up. He still only hits for about 80k or so because his ult modifiers suck.

Everyone's traces are at 8, Topaz's basic is maxed, and everyone has their A6 unlocked. No one is at 100%, but now that I'm able to clear MoC, I can just grind everyone out. Gear is also maxed or near to it.

You need to invest in your supports and sustain nearly as much as your dps. It doesn't matter how strong Blade is if he can't survive.

Also, I suggest you pull for Hanya. Or build Lynx if you have her because you have Blade. Your dps will skyrocket when you can drop Fireblazer and Natasha for a better sustain.

Huo Huo, not Hanya. You have great supports and poo poo sustain.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 13, 2023