Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Saying one of the teams in the Super Bowl didn't expect to win sure is a hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gonz posted:

Herbert deserves so much better.

Herbert with something resembling a defense has probably already played in and won a Super Bowl, already.

Good game, man. The possibility still exists that Staley could get shitcanned after this game.
He knew what to expect and signed an extension. Can't feel bad for him any longer.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Feel bad for me instead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Both teams were in the literal championship game but it still wasn't an actual championship game for them" is an all-timer of a sentence, haters and fans alike must agree. You will miss this level of thinking when it's gone

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kawalimus posted:

That game was completely meaningless for both teams aside from the undefeated regular season thing. Glorified exhibition. And it was like 38-35. Don't even pretend like that was something people saw coming in the actual championship game. The Giants were 12-point underdogs. Very few saw them winning the game

And either way my point stands--it happened because their front dominated.

Giants played their hearts out in week 17 and got jobbed by Mike Carey whom I will never forgive for his phantom DPIs to set up Randy Moss's TD record. They were all working their asses off all game.

Then they got Mike Carey again in the Super Bowl whom I assuming was trying to let Eli die leading to the helmet catch because he hates the Giants and would throw his hat on the ground and stomp on it whenever they scored

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Chris James 2 posted:

"Both teams were in the literal championship game but it still wasn't an actual championship game for them" is an all-timer of a sentence, haters and fans alike must agree. You will miss this level of thinking when it's gone

I meant the last regular season game that the other poster mentioned not the SB itself. Two different games.

But either way I wasn't talking about the Patriots and the Giants I was talking about why spending on the secondary is a waste of money if you don't have the defensive line sorted. And the Ravens don't. So now all these great secondary players like Humphrey and Hamilton are wasted.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i imagine kawalimus' posts like that video of the guy yelling at the street trumpet player

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Feel bad for me instead
This. Ross can't escape.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Feel bad for me instead

You had your way out during the team's move and we reminded you of it frequently. Nobody would have blamed you

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is belichick even a HoF coach? he's a known cheater who sucked as HC both pre-Brady and post-Brady and all his staff who got HC jobs all sucked. maybe he just sucks?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i for one am stunned to hear that Bustin Herbert lost another close game. this only happens most of the time

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kawalimus posted:

I meant the last regular season game that the other poster mentioned not the SB itself. Two different games.

so the Giants learnt absolutely nothing from that regular season game? No wonder pretty much everyone ignores you

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Is Herbert the new Tony Romo?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Dear Lions thank you for winning today and giving me one less thing to be anxious about tonight and into tomorrow. Need to keep that two-game lead on MIN.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

And yea idk what to do about Glenn. The defense looks great sometimes and then you get weeks like this and the Seattle game.

I've posted in the NFCN thread a couple of times about how the Lions' defensive players elevate Glenn's scheme and I stand by that take. Especially it Hutch was playing gimpy which a couple of people were theorizing in the GDT.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

so the Giants learnt absolutely nothing from that regular season game? No wonder pretty much everyone ignores you

That game doesn't have a drat thing to do with what I was saying!! And no idea to know if they learned anything. But football is mainly checkers as opposed to chess. It's about dominance more than strategy. And when you're dominating up front you are going to win most of the time. Today the Ravens got dominated up front so they lost. Last week we dominated up front so we won. And that's how it is.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

pmchem posted:

is belichick even a HoF coach? he's a known cheater who sucked as HC both pre-Brady and post-Brady and all his staff who got HC jobs all sucked. maybe he just sucks?

Bill is a HoF coach (hall of frauds)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pmchem posted:

He was a HoF coach after the first Patriots super bowl. His 5 safety blanket against the Bill's K-Gun offense was evolutionary for NFL defenses. He regularly fields top 15 defenses with a variety of players and schemes. He's also a constant developer of new ideas on defense as in he's pretty much the only guy who still lines up in single high safety and does well.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I just do not have it in me to watch either the Jets or the Raiders in prime time yet again. Godspeed you sickos.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kawalimus posted:

That game doesn't have a drat thing to do with what I was saying!! And no idea to know if they learned anything. But football is mainly checkers as opposed to chess. It's about dominance more than strategy. And when you're dominating up front you are going to win most of the time. Today the Ravens got dominated up front so they lost. Last week we dominated up front so we won. And that's how it is.

"They stopped the vaunted Patriots somehow". So you are really saying that the Giants playing the Patriots a month before had absolutely no bearing on "stopping the vaunted Patriots"? You really do deserve the rep you have

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's saying that checkers is a game of dominance and I happen to agree

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WTF was that Zach

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

"They stopped the vaunted Patriots somehow". So you are really saying that the Giants playing the Patriots a month before had absolutely no bearing on "stopping the vaunted Patriots"? You really do deserve the rep you have

I don't know!!! Maybe!!! But it wouldn't have happened without the play of the front line which was the most important element.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns! Eating all the crab cakes in Baltimore!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My god, if the Cleveland loving Browns are what makes kwalimus jump off a bridge while birding, what a loving world. Harbaugh is now like 26-7 against the Browns now.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

epic bacon posted:

i for one am stunned to hear that Bustin Herbert lost another close game. this only happens most of the time

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's now the 3rd best qb in the league

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The people complaining about Kawalimus are, as always, far more tedious and obnoxious than any post that man has ever made.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The people complaining about Kawalimus are, as always, far more tedious and obnoxious than any post that man has ever made.

+1

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's almost time to start endlessly exploring playoff scenarios.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wilderthanmild posted:

Not until the playoff machine is active

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kawalimus posted:

I don't know!!! Maybe!!! But it wouldn't have happened without the play of the front line which was the most important element.

Part of the reason that front line did so well in the Super Bowl was they (And every other unit on the Giants) played in the last regular season game. The Giants had nothing on the line other than potentially spoiling the Patriots season (New York was already locked in to the 5th Seed), so they went out their pretty loose and just went toe to toe with the Patriots, who definitely were playing both for the 16-0 regular season and other statistical marks. Both teams went all out, it absolutely wasn't "glorified exhibition" as you called it. Pretty much everyone on the Giants noted them nearly beating the Patriots then was a huge confidence boost, showing they could match a team being labeled as arguably the greatest ever. Plus, IIRC Strahan and Tuck claimed they picked up a number of the Patriots offensive signals from that game, which were still being used when they rematched in the Super Bowl.

In other words, Eli Manning owns, gently caress the Patriots and gently caress Tom Brady.

Also gently caress the Cowboys.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

e: wrong thread

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Not until the playoff machine is active

I think they did it week 11 last year?

The NY Times thing is kinda neat, but it's geared towards looking at individual teams if you wanna play with scenarios: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

thank god the people complaining about the people complaining about Kawalimus are here to help reduce the tedium

this post adding even more tedium with another layer of recursive complaint may be uncalled for, but thankfully there is an exciting Sunday Night Football competition happening to keep everyone entertained in spite of this thread

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
My proposal is we just give the Ravens their own Aftermath thread every week so Kawa and his various hangers on who love the gimmick of constantly doom posting about a HC who’s had 2 losing seasons in 15 years can really lean into the cargo cult and the rest of us can talk about literally any other games.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I honestly don’t get the problem with Kawa, he’s not that much more negative than most posters.

Like read a GDT and try and tell who is winning based on the posters reactions. You will never be right

This is 100% true, I can see people talking about how incredibly poo poo their team looks and then I'll go check the actual scores and they're up by three and a field goal.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

wilderthanmild posted:

With the expanded playoffs it's less fun. It feels like any team that is better than like, the bears, is capable of getting a spot until the last week or two

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

My proposal is we just give the Ravens their own Aftermath thread every week so Kawa and his various hangers on who love the gimmick of constantly doom posting about a HC who’s had 2 losing seasons in 15 years can really lean into the cargo cult and the rest of us can talk about literally any other games.

Keep them quarantined in the AFC North thread.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I've thought this same idea in the past. He's normally 40% of the aftermath thread anyway. Make it Aftermath: Ravens edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

do u guys actually want to see a lot of ravens posting cause that is not actually happening right now