Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wouldnt say theres anything wrong with kafka + sw but she synergizes perfectly with seele and a lot of people own both those characters so it isn't super common to go the other way. tingyun has some considerations with kafka that adding more atk% and dmg% isn't as valuable as adding another source of damage but you're probably using kafka against something weak to electric and its a big investment to build up another dot char.

i would consider asta to be locked in kafka teams because of the ridiculous speed breakpoints you can hit with her, but the other slot is definitely up for debate. guinaifen and sanpo are both fine if you like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Little Gui Kafka is an epic team up

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I could probably get 28 stars (2 for the last two stages), but it would require I have both Luocha and Gepard on the second team to prevent people from dying and I can't be assed to do it again. Just Luocha is a roll of the dice, because all the bugs can get a bunch of back to back attacks against characters and end the run (which is what happened to me). First team went fine just because Fu Xuan negates the threat of the ape.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Swarm is a bitch. You really need very strong aoe to make any headway at all. One of those broken Destruction assholes, or Kafka or Quinque.

Kale
May 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Yanqing is a really bad autobattler.
for some freaking reason, he will spam basic attack instead of his skill

At this point Yanqing just kind of feels like the character to stand next to other characters like Jing Yuan, Kafka and Jingliu to make them look even cooler in comparison.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

At this point Yanqing just kind of feels like the character to stand next to other characters like Jing Yuan, Kafka and Jingliu to make them look even cooler in comparison.

yanqing:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088?lang=en

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Asta gives more speed, which means Kafka gets more turns to force dots to trigger. She also buffs party attack, which is what directly increases dot damage.

Tingyun gives Kafka a pile of attack, which again increases dot damage. She also gives Kafka energy via her Ult, which allows her to trigger dot damage more often. She's also lightning so you can use Planetary Rendezvous and the upcoming Penacony planar ornament set to boost other party member's Lightning damage (ie Kafka).

To follow up on this, if I were to build a team around Kafka, it would absolutely be Tingyun and Asta. Maybe Sampo over Asta, but it's tough to say. You're going to put out far more dps in a hypercarry comp than anything else.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just wanted to double check and confirm - swarm disaster isn’t something like and event that will go away, right? I’ve been going through times things since returning to the game and completed the SU mode on the event page, and Artherium Wars (which I loved - extremely fun for me). I saw that old events are still there so started Aurum Alley (awesome to see they keep old events available, but out of everything I wasn’t quite sure if Swarm is something I need to prioritize or if it’s something I can complete over time considering all of the things to collect there.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

rio posted:

I just wanted to double check and confirm - swarm disaster isn’t something like and event that will go away, right? I’ve been going through times things since returning to the game and completed the SU mode on the event page, and Artherium Wars (which I loved - extremely fun for me). I saw that old events are still there so started Aurum Alley (awesome to see they keep old events available, but out of everything I wasn’t quite sure if Swarm is something I need to prioritize or if it’s something I can complete over time considering all of the things to collect there.

Correct, swarm disaster is permanent content.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Swarm is permanent. The Infinity event isn't.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Great - thanks to you both. It’s been really fun going through the different SU modes so I’m glad I don’t have to rush it.

I’ve been using Elation a lot since getting topaz - the amount of damage she can output for me with those buffs is absurd.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

rio posted:

Great - thanks to you both. It’s been really fun going through the different SU modes so I’m glad I don’t have to rush it.

I’ve been using Elation a lot since getting topaz - the amount of damage she can output for me with those buffs is absurd.
Yeah, I'm slowly starting to think Topaz is actually underrated at this point, my Clara/Fu Xuan/Topaz/(Asta/Tingyun/Quinque/any warm body) team is demolishing content like nothing else

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Video Games posted:

The Swarm is a bitch. You really need very strong aoe to make any headway at all. One of those broken Destruction assholes, or Kafka or Quinque.

I disagree. :v:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

I disagree. :v:

How so? Seele is aoe, especially with all of those squishy bugs.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

who do i pair with gwen

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Reflecting on all of this now that I'm off the road:

1) Huh. Apparently there are actual reasons to build and use Asta now. She was a complete afterthought at launch, and I was not at all aware that her profile had improved.

2)

Bad Video Games posted:

Just to give an idea of how poo poo your characters can be built and still clear MoC:

Topaz - 3.4k HP, 2.1k atk, 930 def, 144 spd, 71/79 crit/dam

Quinque - 2.9k HP, 3.1k atk, 970 def, 106 spd, 83/84 crit/dam

Your Topaz is actually pretty close to mine -- 2800 HP, 1919 ATK, 1049 DEF, 126 SPD, 73/77 CR/CD, so I'm kind of on the right track there. Your Qingque, I cannot even begin to comprehend how one can get ATK _and_ CR that high simultaneously. She's not a character whose style I like so I haven't begun pushing her gear hard, but that's like 900+ ATK more than the highest character I have, period.

3) Double sustain does make sense for fragile teams, _except_ that MoC is all about killing hard and killing fast. It's a bad feeling finishing one side of a level and seeing that you have three cycles left to clear both on the other side to get any reward at all.

V-- Yes. My Kafka is my highest, at ~2200. A few others are in the ~2000 area.

delfin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 13, 2023

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
900 more, really? Actually that could be a good thing, for a lot of characters having super high ATK is actually not great. It's still more number, but their abilities and the like probably synergize with more CR/CD, or even Speed. Not everyone needs 3k ATK.

I have like 5 characters that live at 3K, they need better gearing but I can't get the poo poo I need to drop.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

delfin posted:

Reflecting on all of this now that I'm off the road:

1) Huh. Apparently there are actual reasons to build and use Asta now. She was a complete afterthought at launch, and I was not at all aware that her profile had improved.

2)

Your Topaz is actually pretty close to mine -- 2800 HP, 1919 ATK, 1049 DEF, 126 SPD, 73/77 CR/CD, so I'm kind of on the right track there. Your Qingque, I cannot even begin to comprehend how one can get ATK _and_ CR that high simultaneously. She's not a character whose style I like so I haven't begun pushing her gear hard, but that's like 900+ ATK more than the highest character I have, period.

3) Double sustain does make sense for fragile teams, _except_ that MoC is all about killing hard and killing fast. It's a bad feeling finishing one side of a level and seeing that you have three cycles left to clear both on the other side to get any reward at all.

Asta was always good, it's just that Tingyun is borderline broken and Bronya actually is. Asta's stock went up once people realized how good speed is, and her value only increased when Kafka released. Having a dps who doesn't need crit is really good.

My Quinque has such high attack and crit because she has attack boots instead of speed. Who needs to go fast when you hit like a truck?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My Kafka only has a little over 2k attack, but I haven't started building her yet. Definitely want her around 3 or 4 thousand. Might even try attack boots for her because of the team I'm putting her on.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My Topaz is 2523 ATK, 987 DEF, 135 SPD, 75% Crit Rate and 138.7% Crit Damage.

And believe it or not, I had every relic I needed on her already without doing any grinding.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 13, 2023

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i dont understand how you can have a kafka at 2200 attack if you're at lvl 12~ gold relics, unless you're deliberately trolling with not using attack main stats or something

please post your kafka sheet from rails-express

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

like if you're just baseline using attack main stat chest and rope then i feel like you should have ~2600 at the very least by minimum, here's mine with kinda troll substats since i couldn't be arsed to continue grinding for her

e: jeez looking at those relics now they really are insanely wack. can't wait to dump some poo poo into the new set later

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 13, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My Kafka is wearing a crit chest because I don't have anything better. I'm waiting on the new set as well.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’m really looking forward to the new followup relic set - Topaz being this good now, she’s going to really be impressive. However I’m kind of dreading it, because my two musket two fire set has some good substats (for me) and substat fishing will directly compete with building more units (I only recently hit equilibrium 5).

A 2/2 relic setup was much easier to build substats and getting this new one as a 4 piece will be pain. However it will be interesting to see if a subpar substat new set will actually give higher dps than this better substat 2/2 setup.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

A brief overview of my thoughts on the new sets.

FUA set is amazing, it's bis on every follow up character that isn't Clara and Herta.

DoT set is also bis on every dot character and if there are more dot applying support characters, it has the potential to be Quantum set 2.0.

The new SU sets however are...mediocre.

Glamoth/spd set is basically only good on Kafka, Sushang, and e2 Seele. Your ult has to REALLY do a lot of damage to be better than Rutilant, especially since 8% crit is actually pretty nice. However since my Kafka needs relics anyway and I want to build Sushang, I might actually be here anyway like a loving idiot.

Penaconey/support set is trash garbage. It's better than Vonwqac but that set is hyper specific and unless you're building for that hyperspecific situation, Keel/Fleet are just too loving strong.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Penacony owns, I'll take 10% damage over 10% cdmg any day

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Eimi posted:

FUA set is amazing, it's bis on every follow up character that isn't Clara and Herta.

Wait, not BiS for Clara? She does like 8 trillion follow up attacks for a truckload of damage, what the hell is beating a flat 20% more damage and 24% ATK?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mulva posted:

Wait, not BiS for Clara? She does like 8 trillion follow up attacks for a truckload of damage, what the hell is beating a flat 20% more damage and 24% ATK?

It's based off the number of hits dealt. Clara's FUA only does 1 hit without ult and 3 hits with ult. Physical set gets you more.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
FUA set owns for Clara. Just the 2 piece though.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

like if you're just baseline using attack main stat chest and rope then i feel like you should have ~2600 at the very least by minimum, here's mine with kinda troll substats since i couldn't be arsed to continue grinding for her

e: jeez looking at those relics now they really are insanely wack. can't wait to dump some poo poo into the new set later

For another point of comparison, have a laugh at my hot trash from before I started grinding for Topaz:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

never thought it would happen but it did.
ran out of tracks of destiny for my Clara

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm farming mats for the scaredy fox

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

I'm farming mats for the scaredy fox

Same. Though until the patch and the new ascension mat drops, that mostly consists of the endless trace grind.

Hopefully the event LC will be even half as good for Huohuo as Tutorial was for SW.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Huohuo doesn't use a new ascension mat you can farm her up right now

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is the new follow up set going to pull Jing Yuan up to be a little more competitive with the other second tier damage dealers or not really?

I know he's not as bad as people like to meme, but I skipped Seele for the big lightning mecha man at launch so I've always been a little sad how quickly his luster faded.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 13, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

It'll help him quite a bit because the lightning set is just straight half as good. I mean really, the new set is basically just double the lightning set's values for JY. 20% damage instead of 10% and anything more than a minimum 3-hit lightning lord attack gives him at least 30% attack for 3 turns, up to a maximum of 48% at 8 hits (so he doesn't need to pump LL to maximum every time for the full benefit on his skill/ult).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 13, 2023

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Does anyone actually know how the FuA set works in practice? The final sentence in the description about "removing" the effect on the next follow-up looks ominous to me. Sounds like it potentially toggles the attack buff on and off every other time, which would lead to like 50% downtime for Himeko, at least.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

darkgray posted:

Does anyone actually know how the FuA set works in practice? The final sentence in the description about "removing" the effect on the next follow-up looks ominous to me. Sounds like it potentially toggles the attack buff on and off every other time, which would lead to like 50% downtime for Himeko, at least.

You're being way too paranoid.

First followup happens. Each hit stacks 6% attack up to 48% max.
Whatever else happens. You keep the attack bonus where it is up to 3 of your turns so long as there are no further FUAs.
Second followup happens. Buff is removed, attack bonus is at 0%. Each hit stacks 6% attack up to 48% max.

The end. That's all it is.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Seems like Topaz's normal attack would remove it and replace it with a single-hit weaker buff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I wonder how it would interact with Kafka's Shock from her follow up though. Do you get the 48% ATK for the Shock application?

The DOT set is probably better regardless though so maybe the question is moot