Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What does hypersonic mean, when we already have the term supersonic? I will assume it is to indicate it's just really really loud.

Putin is a real hypersonic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It would be interesting to look into how this shift in their politics came about.

great war on terror m8

and yeah also Putin being a nationalist fascist and also "christian" is (nowadays) a big part of it

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Super sonic means faster than the speed of sound.

Hyper sonic means 5x faster than the speed of sound

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eediot Jedi posted:

What's hydro sonic?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Five times the speed of sound in water.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

mobby_6kl posted:

What's hydro sonic?

Somehow this feels like the start of a song about a car.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

mobby_6kl posted:

What's hydro sonic?

My oc don't steal

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

no hyper sonic is when you get the powered up super emeralds

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Vlad has sent his latest creation to steal the chaos emeralds!! :chaostrump:

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Karate Bastard posted:

What does hypersonic mean, when we already have the term supersonic? I will assume it is to indicate it's just really really loud.

Something that maneuvers at speeds faster than mach 5. Merely going very fast doesn't make you hypersonic, by that measure the V-2 would qualify. The idea is that traditional weaponry has slow weapons that travel on paths that are hard to detect, and very fast weapons that travel on ballistic paths that are easy to detect. Hypersonic takes the best of both. The cost is that you need really staggering amount of go in your fuel tank, because you are suffering a lot more drag, and a lot more losses related to manouvering.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Megasonic is the sound Putin makes while eating poo poo as his plane goes down into a volcano

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lol it was pretty obvious it was Ukraine that blew up Nordstream because they were the ones who stood to universally benefit from it, yet there were people in this thread seriously saying putin blew up one of Russia's last remaining sources of significant influence with Europe himself which absolutely never made any sense whatsoever lmao

It also should have been a clear indicator it was a Ukrainian operation when the whole thing was loving dropped by the west after saber rattling about it being critical infrastructure and invoking article four discussions on security blah blah blah then the US and Norway send out boats to the site to investigate and loving dead rear end silence after lol

Come on, not everything is a conspiracy. The pipe was a legitimate military target the entire time and I'm not sure why anyone was ever acting like it wasn't. Europe had a Russian gas addiction that was preventing them from supporting Ukraine better so Ukraine removed that obstacle for them and forced them to go cold turkey on cheap fossil fuels from their common enemy and it was a good thing and actually they should do more of that and remove as much oil infrastructure as they can. And nationalize that gas pipeline going through Ukraine's territory.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

On the other hand, I SHIDDED AND FARDED AND CAME MY PANTS.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

ded posted:

please. get a foxhole.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would but there are no atheists in foxholes

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Pointing his stick at the grainy video of the surface of the water over the pipeline as the force of the explosion spills to the surface: "Jagga jagga" he calmly remarks.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Collapsing Farts posted:

There are videos of drones bombing several of the new high tech terminator tanks though :allears:

your mission is to collect Tiberium and avoid GDI patrols

Eediot Jedi posted:

To me it also means Just Jammin' Fresh And Def
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1bFMBd6V4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

mobby_6kl posted:

I would but there are no atheists in foxholes

Just athetits

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Russia's apparently playing stupid gently caress-gently caress games again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gne7beWy8fU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3fjoacL20

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Wargonzo is none too happy about the steady progress and defense being held by the Ukrainians across the Dnipro.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mobby_6kl posted:

What's hydro sonic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

It's basically marketing term that is getting more and more used by various MIC's to drive sales, we had supersonic, now hypersonic is en vogue, next we will have ultrasonic missiles.

google "sonic inflation" for more information.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

zone posted:

Wargonzo is none too happy about the steady progress and defense being held by the Ukrainians across the Dnipro.

"The M14 highway, which is a road"

This is the kind of inights only the vatniksphere can provide.

(it's probably a machine translation thing but still)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jaete posted:

great war on terror m8

and yeah also Putin being a nationalist fascist and also "christian" is (nowadays) a big part of it

Maybe, but Finland has never really been involved in the war on terror. Or really any war since World War II, since then we've just participated in UN peacekeeping missions. But of course, our local right wing idiots are nothing if not impressionable, so they're definitely getting influences from their American idols. Like I posted, it's wild to see them literally copy American republican and alt-right talking points and replacing "democrats" with "the Green Party" or whatever, or just not bothering to edit them in any way and insisting the democrats are operating a paedophile pizza ring in Finland, or some poo poo.

I'm sure the topic has been researched, and now I kinda want to look it up, because the shift is fascinating. It's probably not a surprise that in a left-leaning country that was under Soviet soft control for ~50 years, we've traditionally had a lot of right wingers. Until the skinhead movement really started picking up speed in the late 80s and early 90s, our right wingers were... well, literal nazis. The main guy, Pekka Siitoin, styled himself after Adolf Hitler up to and including making Hitler-style speeches from the balcony of his loving summer cottage, and calling himself the "Reichsführer of Finland".

Him and his moron followers were all self-avowed satanists and occultists who definitely didn't have time for traditional values or christian poo poo.

But of course they were also very much marginalized and a national joke, like real life versions of Spode's Black Shorts from the Jeeves and Wooster stories. The rise of racist, christian, traditional values right wing ideology is a fairly recent thing, and the main right wing rear end in a top hat party, "True Finns", was founded in 1995 (during the first big immigration/refugee waves into Finland, not at all coincidentally). Their leadership was heavily religious, which might play a large part in shifting the landscape over here. They're the real modern republican populist style party that opposes everything but doesn't actually propose any solutions besides limiting the rights of everyone who isn't them, and kicking out everyone with darker skin than milk. Sadly they are also a pretty big success, maintaining a steady number of seats in the parliament and getting ministerial positions in many governments. Populism sells :(

(Unsurprisingly many of their big names are also on the Russian payroll)

Like I said, interesting topic.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Nov 13, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The christo-fascists were (and, in a way, still are) the SMP.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Wow, a very literal 'the Hitler at home.'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Surprised they didn't post the one of him on the shitter.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gervasius posted:

It's basically marketing term that is getting more and more used by various MIC's to drive sales, we had supersonic, now hypersonic is en vogue, next we will have ultrasonic missiles.

google "sonic inflation" for more information.

Gervasius you rat

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Wow, actual Fittler.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

Just athetits
/
:mario:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The christo-fascists were (and, in a way, still are) the SMP.

Oh poo poo yeah. A rogue's gallery of assholes who jumped to the True Finns party in the mid 90s.

quote:

The party's last chairman and MP Raimo Vistbacka (the only one elected in 1995) was among the founders of the Finns Party and became that party's first MP and chairman. The Rural Party's last party secretary Timo Soini likewise became the Finns Party's first party secretary. With the Finns Party's electoral success in the 2011 election three former Rural Party MPs returned to the parliament as Finns Party MPs (Anssi Joutsenlahti, Lea Mäkipää, Pentti Kettunen).

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Him and his moron followers were all self-avowed satanists and occultists who definitely didn't have time for traditional values or christian poo poo.

This is the part that I actually find interesting; they went straight to anti-christian satanism and occultism, instead of trying something with the Finnish paganism. You'd think that the local ultra-nationalistic assholes would want to take Ukko, Väinämöinen, or other stuff from Kalevala or mentioned in Mythologia Fennica as their own, instead of just rambling something about Satan this and Satan that.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao wtf is Russia doing. The last few weeks have been complete car crash of failed assaults after failed assaults and repeating the same strategy hoping it works this time. So many dead and so much lost equipment. Maybe Ukraine could actually win a war of attrition if this keeps going on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tai posted:

lmao wtf is Russia doing. The last few weeks have been complete car crash of failed assaults after failed assaults and repeating the same strategy hoping it works this time. So many dead and so much lost equipment. Maybe Ukraine could actually win a war of attrition if this keeps going on.

They would if they could get some funding, but Congress keeps playing American stupid gently caress gently caress games with it’s budget.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Der Kyhe posted:

This is the part that I actually find interesting; they went straight to anti-christian satanism and occultism, instead of trying something with the Finnish paganism.

True. You barely hear anything from Finnish pagans these days in general though.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Der Kyhe posted:

This is the part that I actually find interesting; they went straight to anti-christian satanism and occultism, instead of trying something with the Finnish paganism. You'd think that the local ultra-nationalistic assholes would want to take Ukko, Väinämöinen, or other stuff from Kalevala or mentioned in Mythologia Fennica as their own, instead of just rambling something about Satan this and Satan that.

Yeah it seems that knowing one's own culture and history and language and so on requires a quantum of intellect, so... yeah

Instead, right wingers keep coming up with stuff like NRA Finland

edit to add: from Wikipedia -

"Yhdistyksen nettisivut sisältävät ampumaharrastukseen liittyvän tietouden lisäksi runsaasti erilaisia salaliittoteorioita sionistien ylivallasta, holokaustin valheellisuudesta, Bilderberg-ryhmästä ja rotujen sekoittumisesta. Lisäksi NRA muun muassa väittää amerikkalaisten hallitsevan Euroopan unionia juutalaisten suurpankkien kautta ja Yhdysvaltain aiheuttaneen Itä-Ukrainan sodan."

(auto-translate of above with deepl.com)

"The association's website contains a wealth of conspiracy theories about Zionist supremacy, the falsehood of the Holocaust, the Bilderberg Group and racial mixing, in addition to information about the shooting hobby. In addition, the NRA claims, among other things, that the Americans control the European Union through Jewish big banks and that the US caused the war in Eastern Ukraine."

:shuckyes:

jaete fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 13, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tai posted:

Russia is trading it's population for land, one square meter at a time. :commissar:

Putin is content with the equations.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Anyone have a rough ratio of Russian vs. Ukrainian gains currently? By the sounds of things it would appear that Russia is once again ahead, but what they're taking seems to be what Ukraine is willing to cede for massive piles of Russian dead. Ukraine on the other hand seems to be taking property that might be useful for future offensives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Blistex posted:

Anyone have a rough ratio of Russian vs. Ukrainian gains currently? By the sounds of things it would appear that Russia is once again ahead, but what they're taking seems to be what Ukraine is willing to cede for massive piles of Russian dead. Ukraine on the other hand seems to be taking property that might be useful for future offensives.

Terriotorial gains, Russia is up. Not really sure you can call it up though as it's a few square KM over the last month for an insane amount of tank/IFV losses. Probably been one of the worst 4 weeks for Russian losses since the start of the war.