Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I don't know where NOAH found this Gman guy, & why he started doing commentary for them, but god drat he is really bad.

On the other hand, all the guys on the floor clearing out the VIP section so that Dragon Bane can be launched into the stratosphere by his brother on an assisted tope con giro in this Alpha Wolf & Dragon Bane vs Ninja Mack & Alejandro GHC Jr Tag match was very cool. The setup was a bit goofy to get everyone in place & cleared out but gently caress, sometimes looking cool is enough

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Finally got around to the 1st of the AJPW Sapporo double header & with 2 matches to go this show has been real solid. Ayabe vs Yoshitatsu was all you could ask for from a Yoshutatsu match in TYOOL 2023, ZSJ vs Sato & Inoue was real good, Tamura vs T-Hawk was tasty, and the 6 man with Kento, the Yumas, Honda, Ishikawa & Suwama, good too obviously. Only whiff was the match with the local guys and the perennial AJPW opening guys.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not happy to see Cyrus again because Cyrus fuckin sucks but otherwise very happy with the lineups for both of All Japan's tournaments, although was hoping Omori would go back to the perm to fit in with Nakajima's curly hair

e: lol can't even do a group photo without a brawl breaking out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/ssm_yokosuka046/status/1723615287281623445?s=20

Konomama Ichikawa took a beating

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1723728807134171477

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1723699253204123677

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 12, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yoshitatsu is 46?!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He has been Tanahashi's greatest rival for nearly 20 years now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sometimes the sicko in me wants to see the world where Tanahashi goes to WWE instead o Tatsu to see just how bad Tatsu would do trying to save NJPW from Inoki-ism

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

He has been Tanahashi's greatest rival for nearly 20 years now

And Nakamura's, too:

quote:

–Goto was part of the same 2002 Dojo class as Shinsuke Nakamura and Ryusuke Taguchi. Yoshitatsu was in that class as well, along with since retired Hiroshi Nagao and Akiya Anzawa. Quite a notable class; what are your thoughts on the group?

Tanahashi: Nakamura definitely had something special, but Taguchi took to the training best. He was just a machine, no matter what was asked of him he was able to handle every single drill without slowing down at all. He and Goto had a great sense for the business. Even though Nakamura got the super rookie treatment, it was still with the recognition that Taguchi and Goto were super capable. Nagao never really got the hang of moving in the ring right. He was an ex volleyball player, tall, great vertical leap though. So when they all came in, it really did seem they had some phenomenal talent at the ready. Yoshitatsu, eh, maybe not (laughs).

–What were they like as individuals?

Tanahashi: Taguchi really had his guard up I think. I couldn’t figure out what was underneath with him at all, what he was really like. When they first came in, I was the Dojo leader so they were interesting to watch. I remember Yoshitatsu really saw Nakamura as a rival and had it in for him, but he wasn’t on Nakamura’s radar in the slightest (laughs)

–I would imagine Taguchi’s role was to ease that tension.

Tanahashi: Yeah, I think you’re right. He was smart even back then in ’02, he handled everybody well. Especially Yoshitatsu; he realised the key to putting him in a good mood was praise. Yoshitatsu had so much self confidence, regardless of whether he had actually achieved anything or not (laughs). I think that was something that really got to Nakamura. But in the end Yoshitatsu managed to wrestle in WWE, Nakamura’s there now, so even though they didn’t like one another, they both got to the biggest company in the world.

From https://www.njpw1972.com/92996. This guy.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i always forget he was in that dojo class drat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

All the time keeping the faith that it was going to be Kzy time and instead he wins the Brave Gate again :(

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

All the time keeping the faith that it was going to be Kzy time and instead he wins the Brave Gate again :(

Don't worry He drop's it back to Ishin like two days later

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I posted about this in the MOTYCs thread but if you find yourself missing classic DG multiman sprints, D'courage vs Natural Vibes 8-man from last week's Korakuen is one of the best they've had in a long time.

https://vk.com/video-4499945_456251904?t=2h1m5s

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1724011273774592056

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

NOAH turned into HUSTLE so gradually, I didn't even notice.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Deathlove posted:

NOAH turned into HUSTLE so gradually, I didn't even notice.

Can't wait to see Generalissimo Takada again!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Numero6 posted:

Can't wait to see Generalissimo Takada again!
This but unironically.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I just finished Ultimate Party and man, would've enjoyed the main a lot more without the last five minutes. The kickouts became Ciampa/Gargano levels of ridiculous near the end and it really bummed me out to see Ueno win, he's great but I love Chris and thought his reign had a lot of life left in it. Still a terrific match, just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Highlight of the show was obviously Hiromu/Hirata, one of the best comedy matches ever.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's fair, although for me the kickouts would have only crossed over into negatives in Chris had still won after Ueno kicked out of the Praying Mantis bomb as well as the variation, if Chris had just hit his finisher again and won after three tries I would have thought it was a poor ending. It was a relief for me to see Ueno win, though he's my least favourte member of 37KAMIINA he was in real danger of hitting the Goto tier of getting put in big matches but you never expect him to win so glad they pulled the trigger on him, and now Chris is established as a main event talent with Schadenfreude International behind him I wouldn't be shocked to see him win the belt again before he finishes up.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh man, set my alarm to watch Tag League and just saw it's a pretaped show :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is a pretty sweet lineup, i'm even keen to see how Daichi Hashimoto deals with having to team with Dieno

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1724749710689226845

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ueno had hit "this guy is the guy who always loses" mode to me so if he'd lost to Brookes it would have just buried him so deep into that territory that it would have cemented him in my head as the guy who could never get it done. The match with Brookes was so good that despite wanting Brookes to win, I absolutely lost my mind when Ueno FINALLY did it, and the follow-up promo and post-credits sequence did a remarkable job of selling me on the idea that this guy had finally made it to the top tier. Ultimate Party was a fantastic show, 5 hours long and I was still completely engaged in the main event.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1724543704424501395

LFG

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Takeshita is cool but is he cool enough to take a Muscular Bomb?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Spot the point in this week's schedule where I got bored typing out team names! (It was when I noticed New Japan had 4 tag league shows, 3 of them live)

It's a fairly quiet week, Wrestle Universe mostly forgets it can do livestreaming while the much smaller All Japan manages to stream all their shows this week, which seems odd. New Japan open their Heavyweight Tag League as well as debut a couple of new rookies on their first 2 nights, though you may want to turn up 30 minutes before the listed start time if you want to see them. Gatoh Move is using an Australian called Mitch Ryder, who is not the guy who used to show up for Chikara & IWA Mid South, because that one is apparently dead now. GM also have a "proper venue" show with a Best Bros vs CDK match that should whip, and All Japan are continuing their double whammy of their Junior League & their Heavyweight Tag League. Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai vs Zennichi Shin Jidai on Sunday & Eruption vs Suzuki & Suwama on Thursday should booth whip. Thursday is the last National Holiday of the year so there's quite a few shows that day, & Friday has a NOAH show with a GHC Jr HW title match that doesn't feature HAYATA! Oh, talking of HAYATA, he's actually tagging with Kiyomiya & Oiwa in New Japan on Sunday but fortunately that isn't making NJPW World.

18/10/2023, Saturday

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

DDT Rojo Pro Wrestling in Naraha
Tenjinmisaki Sports Park, Naraha
Falls Count Anywhere: 37KAMIINA (MAO & Toi Kojima) vs Kazuma Sumi & Yukio Naya vs Kazusada Higuchi & Makoto Oishi
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 341
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Antonio Honda & Tokiko Kirihara vs Hajime & TAMURA
Miya Yotsuba & Mochi Natsumi vs Nonoka Seto & Sayaka Obihiro
KOJIO vs Mitch Ryder
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) & Dr Gore vs CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) & Sayaka
Maybe live? If not, they'll upload it later

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Stardom Gold Rush 2023
EDION Arena, Osaka
Prelim Battle Royal: Fukigen Death vs Lady C vs Maika vs Mega Bayne vs Mina Shirakawa vs Miyu Amasaki vs Yuna Mizumori
Moneyball Contest 1st Round: Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Ruaka)
Moneyball Contest 1st Round: God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Konami) & HANAKO vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Mayu Iwatani)
High Speed Title: Mei Seira(c) vs Momoka Hanazono
AZM vs Starlight Kid vs Suzu Suzuki
UWF Rules: Aliss Ink vs Syuri
Moneyball Contest Final
Wonder of Stardom Title: MIRAI(c) vs Saori Anou
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point, live on PPV

4:30pm JST/6:30pm AEDT/7:30am GMT/2:30am EST/11:30pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 32
Agematsu Community Centre, Agematsu
Taishi Ozawa vs Yu Owada
Alejandro, Ninja Mack & Terry Yaki vs Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane & Extreme Tiger
Kai Fujimura vs Ryohei Oiwa
Hajime Ohara & Manabu Soya vs Kenoh & Super Crazy
Daiki Inaba, El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Junta Miyawaki, Masa Kitamiya & Shuji Kondo vs GLG (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris, LJ Cleary, Tadasuke & YO-HEY)
Eita, HAYATA & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Stinger (Daga, LEONA & Yoshinari Ogawa)

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.65
Nishitetsu Hall, Fukuoka
Kaz Hayashi, Minoru Tanaka & Yu Iizuka vs Yan's Family (Issei Onitsuka, Takanori Ito & Yusuke Kodama)
Check Shimatani vs Jun Tonsho
BGI (Keiichi Sato & Kotaro Suzuki) vs JD Lee & Tetsuya Izuchi
Diamond Egoist (Aoi & MICHIKO) vs Itsuki Aoki & Unagi Sayaka
BGI (Hartley Jackson & Kaito Ishida) vs Soma Watanabe & Yuya Susumu
BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal, Hayato Tamura & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs Stronghearts (El Lindaman, Junjie & T-Hawk)
G-INFINITY Titles: Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)(c) vs BULK Orchestra (KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Quiet Storm
Almost certainly live on their Youtube, but otherwise uploaded later in the week

Also shows from Marvelous, Ice Ribbon, Dragongate, Michinoku Pro, Wave, Actwres girlZ, Ehime Pro & ZERO1

19/10/2023, Sunday

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/11:30pm EST/8:30pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro The Mountain Top 2023
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Next Generation Tournament Semi-Final: HIMAWARI vs Shino Suzuki
Next Generation Tournament Semi-Final: Toga vs Wakana Uehera
Free WiFi (Hikari Noa & Nao Kakuta) vs Runa Okubo & Yuki Kamifuku
Haru Kazashiro, Hyper Misao & Mahiro Kiryu vs Pom Harajuku, Raku & Yuki Aino
Arisu Endo, Suzume & Yuki Arai vs Juria Nagano, Kaya Toribami & Moka Miyamoto
Hakuchumu (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi) vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)
International Princess Title: Max The Impaler(c) vs Shoko Nakajima

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 3
Nagoya Congress Centre, Nagoya
Junior Battle of Glory: Rising HAYATO vs Ryo Inoue
Real World Tag League: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa
Black Menso-re, Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Yoshitatsu vs Hokuto Omori, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Naoki Tanizaki
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Junior Battle of Glory: Atsuki Aoyagi vs Dan Tamura
Real World Tag League: Cyrus & Ryan Davidson vs Hideki Suzuki & Suwama
Real World Tag League: Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Live on AJPW TV

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

DDT Get Alive In Osaka
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Kazuma Sumi & Yuni vs Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku
Danshoku Dieno & Ilusion vs Sanshiro Takagi & Tsutenkakka
Akito & Rukiya vs DAMNATION TA (KANON & MJ Paul)
Daisuke Sasaki vs Takeshi Masada
Hardcore Match: Bodyguard, Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi vs Great Koji, Great Nita & HARASHIMA
DDT Universal Title: MAO(c) vs Demus
Chris Brookes, Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Ueno vs Kazuki Hirata, Tetsuya Endo & Yukio Naya

Also shows from BJW, Tenryu Project, Marvelous, Dragongate, Secret Base, Doutonbori Pro, 2AW, Ryukyu Pro, YMZ & Hot Chouchou

20/10/2023, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

New Japan World Tag League Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Prelim: Oskar Leube vs Shoma Kato
Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs DOUKI & TAKA Michinoku
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata vs Bad Luck Fale, Gedo, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori
BUSHI, Yota Tsuji & X vs SANADA, Taichi & Yuya Uemura
El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado vs Hirooki Goto, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League A Block: Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League A Block: EVIL & Yujiro vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
World Tag League A Block: Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Ren Narita & Shota Umino
Live on NJPW World

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/6am EST/2am PST

Gatoh Move RIVALS
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, TOKYO
Antonio Honda & Sayaka Obihiro vs Hagane Shinno & Kaori Yoneyama
Hiragi Kurumi & Sayaka Obihiro vs SAKI & Yuko Sakurai
Choun Shiryu, HARASHIMA & TAMURA vs Dr Gore, hajime & Munetatsu Nakamura
Makoto vs Sayaka
Asia Dream Tag Team Titles: Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga)(c) vs CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi)
Uploaded later to Youtube

21/10/2023, Tuesday

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 4
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Junior Battle of Glory: Naruki Doi vs Ryo Inoue
Junior Battle of Glory: Fuminori Abe vs Koji Iwamoto
Junior Battle of Glory: Dan Tamura vs Hikaru Sato
Junior Battle of Glory: Atsuki Aoyagi vs Rising HAYATO
Real World Tag League: Cyrus & Ryan Davison vs Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima
Real World Tag League: Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Real World Tag League: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs Hideki Suzuki & Suwama
Real World Tag League: Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana vs Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai
Live on AJPW TV

New Japan World Tag League Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Prelim: Katsuya Murashima vs Yuto Nakashima
Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs Oskar Leube & Tomoaki Honma
Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Oleg Boltin & Ryohei Oiwa
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs Master Wato, Ren Narita, Shota Umino & Tiger Mask
Dick Togo, EVIL & Yujiro vs Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza
World Tag League B Block: Taichi & Yuya Uemura vs Yota Tsuji & X
World Tag League B Block: El Phantasmo & Hikuleo vs Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
Live on NJPW World

22/11/2023, Wednesday

Shows from Dragongate & YMZ

23/11/2023, Thursday, Labour Thanksgiving Day

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom In Nagoya
Nagoya Conference Centre, Nagoya
Card TBA
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

Tokyo Joshi Pro TJPW Will Impress You
Tsurumi Fruit & Vegetable Market, Yokohama
Antonio Honda vs Super Sasadango Machine vs Yumehito Imanari
Demonio vs Rika Tatsumi
Pom Harajuku vs Shoko Nakajima
Hikari Noa, Miyu Yamashita & Yuki Aino vs Hyper Misao, Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

DDT Dramatic Dream Tour In Miyagi
Yume Messe West Building Hall, Sendai
KANON vs Kazuma Sumi
Jun Akiyama & Yusuke Okada vs Kazusada Higuchi & Rukiya
Daisuke Sasaki & Demus vs Yuni & Yuya Koroku
Aizawa No.1, Kazuki Hirata & Sanshiro Takagi vs Danshoku Dieno, HARASHIMA & Makoto Oishi
MJ Paul vs Tetsuya Endo
37KAMIINA (MAO, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Akito, Chris Brookes & Yukio Naya

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 4
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Junior Battle of Glory: Atsuki Aoyagi vs Ryo Inoue
Junior Battle of Glory: Fuminori Abe vs Rising HAYATO
Junior Battle of Glory: Hikaru Sato vs Koji Iwamoto
Black Menso-re, Dan Tamura & Takao Omori vs Cyrus, Hiroshi Yamato & Ryan Davidson
Real World Tag League: Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Real World Tag League: Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Real World Tag League: Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa vs Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai
Real World Tag League: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Hideki Suzuki & Suwama
Live on AJPW TV

Dragongate The Gate of Victory Night 11
Kumamoto-Jo Hall, Kumamoto
Kagetora, Punch Tominaga & YAMATO vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & Strong Machine J)
Jason Lee vs Yuki Yoshioka
Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & U-T) vs Z-Brats (Shun Skywalker & Yoshiki Kato)
D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta) vs Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura)
HYO & Luis Mante vs Z-Brats (ISHIN & KAI)
Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Live on Dragongate Network

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

Ganbare Pro Elevator to the Gallows
Takashimadaira Kumin Centre, Tokyo
Riara & YuuRI vs SAKI & Yoshiko Hasegawa
Banny Oikawa, Dan The Dad & Tyson Maeguchi vs HARUKAZE, Shinichiro Tominaga & Soma Takao
Trans-Am Hiroshi vs Yumehito Imanari
Ken Ohka & Mizuki Watase vs KumaDoi (Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi)
Spirit of Ganbare World Tag Team Titles: Shuichiro Katsumura & Takuya Wada(c) vs Keisuke Ishii & Munetatsu Nakamura
Spirit of Ganbare World Openweight Title: Isami Kodaka(c) vs Shota
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe, but may be live on Youtube so worth checking the GanPro channel

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.66
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Check Shimatani & KAZMA SAKAMOTO vs Issei Onitsuka & Yusuke Kodama
Jun Tosho vs Yuya Susumu
Galeno del Mal & Ryuichi Kawakami vs Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka
LIDET UWF Title #1 Contenders Tournament Semi-Final: Soma Watanabe vs Yu Iizuka
LIDET UWF Title #1 Contenders Tournament Semi-Final: Takanori Ito vs Tetsuya Izuchi
Hayato Tamura vs Masato Kamino
BGI (Hartley Jackson, Kaito Ishida, Keiichi Sato & Kotaro Suzuki) vs El Lindaman, JD Lee, Junjie & T-Hawk
Almost certainly live on their Youtube, but otherwise uploaded later in the week

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

New Japan World Tag League Night 3
Yokohama Budokan, Yokohama
Prelim: Shoma Kato vs Yuto Nakashima
Atlantis Jr, Soberano Jr & Tiger Mask vs Bad Luck Fale, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori
BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Yota Tsuji & X vs Master Wato, Minoru Suzuki, Tomoaki Honma & Yuji Nagata
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer & Oskar Leube vs Hirooki Goto, Oleg Boltin & YOSHI-HASHI
DOUKI, Taichi & Yuya Uemura vs El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado
World Tag League A Block: Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
World Tag League A Block: Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Ren Narita & Shota Umino
World Tag League A Block: EVIL & Yujiro vs Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
Live on NJPW World

ALso shows from Osaka Pro, Ice Ribbon, Basara, Zero1, JWP, JTO, BJW, Oz Academy, 2AW & Kyushu Pro

24/11/2023, Friday

New Japan World Tag League Night 4
Aimesse Yamanashi, Kofu
Prelim: Katsuya Murashima vs Oskar Leube
Bishop Kaun, Toa Liona & Yuto Nakashima vs Master Wato, Ren Narita & Shota Umino
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOH
BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi vs EVIL, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro
Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza
World Tag League B Block: Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata vs Yota Tsuji & X
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League B Block: El Phantasmo & Hikuleo vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
Uploaded later to NJPW World, maybe. The new NJPW World site doesn't have a schedule page & only lists shows broadcast live, doesn't mention things filmed & uploaded later. Cool, thanks NJPW

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Junta Miyawaki & Taishi Ozawa vs Kai Fujimura & Yu Owada
Alejandro, Hajime Ohara, Ninja Mack & Terry Yaki vs Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane, Extreme Tiger & Super Crazy
Go Shiozaki, Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura vs REAL (Saxon Huxley, Shuhei Taniguchi & Timothy Thatcher)
Eita & HAYATA vs LEONA & Yoshinari Ogawa
Atsushi Kotoge, Hi69, Naomichi Marufuji & Titus Alexander vs Jake Lee, LJ Cleary, Tadasuke & YO-HEY
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Kenoh & Stallion Rogers vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Manabu Soya & Ryohei Oiwa
GHC Tag Team Titles: Anthony Greene & Jack Morris(c) vs Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Daga(c) vs Shuji Kondo
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Dragongate, Diana & Marvelous

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Was very surprised when Mitch Ryder showed up in GanPro earlier this year, especially when cagematch linked to the profile of the dead guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ, Wrestle Universe, who hurt you? :gonk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ, Wrestle Universe, who hurt you? :gonk:

It's pretty poor. Like, I get it when It's a show in butt-gently caress, nowhere prefecture some of the venues just don't have the infrastructure but when you've got a double header in the same venue, a venue in Osaka that is probably the most used live streamed wrestling venue in the country outwith Tokyo?

Cyberfight are part of a huge company, All Japan are an indie, you shouldn't be getting outrun by them on streaming video

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Surely it's because they're busy updating their whole setup with multiple 4k cameras and full time english commentary for every show and promotion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

everwake posted:

Surely it's because they're busy updating their whole setup with multiple 4k cameras and full time english commentary for every show and promotion.

Careful what you wish for before you get NOAH's Gman commentating on DDT & TJPW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Careful what you wish for before you get NOAH's Gman commentating on DDT & TJPW

It's annoying, GMan was completely inoffensive as the English ring announcer but stick him on the commetary desk and he sucks poo poo. Sounds like he's putting on some weird affectation the whole time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Finally gotten around to Aoyagi vs Nakajima. Got Nak is such a smarmy motherfucking psycho. Just this great moment early on when Yuma is laying on the floor, young boy Inoue is checking on him and Nak looks down at him and you just see Inoue wince. Because this is not a man you want noticing you

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

spoilers for the All Japan show happening right now

Okatani pinning Ishikawa with Saki Akai's finisher made me tear up a bit, them boys are all thet's left of Eruption

e: lol I didn't realise the following match was a six man so when Tanizaki came out with Omori I thought for a second Nakajima had got his hair straightened to be more like his partner

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 19, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I love All Japan

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:lol:

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1726565842106900714

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Never change, DDT.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm finally going to watch good old(er) matches and I had a quick Q. If I go through and watch the Cagematch "Career Highlights" of, say, Kenta Kobashi, would that be a good strategy? It seems a lot easier to find specific matches on YouTube or wherever than full shows. I kind of want to go somewhat chronologically. I'd be looking at Kobashi, Muto, Kawada, Misawa, Liger, Nagata, Hashimoto, Sasaki, Shiozaki, and Akiyama (and any others you may suggest).

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cagematch is a great reference, yeah. Kings road is so boring though watch dragon gate instead. Just kidding about the first half of that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

I'm finally going to watch good old(er) matches and I had a quick Q. If I go through and watch the Cagematch "Career Highlights" of, say, Kenta Kobashi, would that be a good strategy? It seems a lot easier to find specific matches on YouTube or wherever than full shows. I kind of want to go somewhat chronologically. I'd be looking at Kobashi, Muto, Kawada, Misawa, Liger, Nagata, Hashimoto, Sasaki, Shiozaki, and Akiyama (and any others you may suggest).

Yeah, because of how a lot of the stuff is available to us, from All Japan Classics TV shows it'd often just be matches. Like the very first episode that aired had a 1991 tag title match with Hansen & Williams (the Miracle Violence Connection baby!) against Misawa & Kawada, then a 1979 match with Abdullah & The Sheik vs Wahoo & Jules Strongbow/Frank Hill, then back to 1989 for a British Bulldogs vs Can-Am Express match, & then back to the '50s for some Lou Thesz vs Rikidozan matches from All Japan's forerunner, the JWA. So generally because that stuff hasn't been ripped from 5th generation VHS tapes it's easier to find as individual matches than as full shows.

And yeah, I might add Satoshi Kojima to that list, & I'd also suggest KENTA because if you've only seen his current New Japan work then you haven't really seen KENTA! But generally yes, the Career Highlights seems as good a starting point as any.

And yeah, maybe at some point you want to see some of the other "flavours" of the Japanese wrestling, be it your early deathmatch stuff like FMW & IWA-J or the junior heavyweight stuff from Michninoku Pro, Toryumon, Dragongate or Osaka Pro, or the various shootstyle groups that were all varying shades of "pro-wrestling", from the very serious Rings & Pancrase (which both ended up becoming legit MMA promotions eventually) to stuff like Battlarts, UWF-I, Kingdom, the other UWFs, PWFG. There's so many different things. But at the same time there's no point overwhelming yourself, & just because a match was a classic in 1997 doesn't mean you have to seek it out. I mean, the Kaientai DX vs Michinoku Pro multiman tags are really rad in my book but at the same time you can see what the Dragongate guys have taken that formula & just made it faster & more impressive.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Just watch jumbo vs misawa June 8 1990 and call me in the morning