Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

tokin opposition posted:

Gee I wonder why voting rates keep going down, better meet hitler in the middle, again

Turnout has been on an upward trend over the last 40+ years. The 2020 election was the highest turnout presidential election in over 100 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Mr. blue wave gave a lovely example. However;

People who think Dems and Biden are exactly as far to the right as current day GOP have brainworms (so the "same on all but one issue" thing is him giving the tankie types too much credit to begin with)

I hate Biden too but we can't really stage an armed revolution and declare the end of capitalism and Israeli apartheid right now. So we have to play the hand we're dealt.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm not here to tell you who to vote for, but you're mistaken, people do not have to play the hand they're dealt :shrug:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Playing 5 card draw and refusing to change any card in my lovely hand for decorum reasons.

The Democrat candidate doesn't have to be Biden, and I think it's a good idea to tell them earlier than later that people don't want to vote for him.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

emSparkly posted:

Mr. blue wave gave a lovely example. However;

People who think Dems and Biden are exactly as far to the right as current day GOP have brainworms (so the "same on all but one issue" thing is him giving the tankie types too much credit to begin with)

I hate Biden too but we can't really stage an armed revolution and declare the end of capitalism and Israeli apartheid right now. So we have to play the hand we're dealt.

people have been telling me to vote for the lesser evil my entire adult life and things keep getting worse, both for me and those I love. will not be voting for a rabid genocide supporter and racist :)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

tokin opposition posted:

people have been telling me to vote for the lesser evil my entire adult life and things keep getting worse, both for me and those I love. will not be voting for a rabid genocide supporter and racist :)

The more I see poo poo like this, the more I see how naïve we were to expect any other outcome in 2016.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Honestly, it's a pretty difficult place to be in. We have no real access to the levers of power, and no easily identifiable way to push things in a direction that is away from genocide, astonishingly racist laws, and crony capitalism.

If we don't vote for Biden, things could get much worse in the short and long term. If we do vote for Biden, things get incrementally worse in the short and long term, and it feeds into the system, which perpetuates it.

Biden and Trump presidencies have very similar, if not actually identical, effects on what ends up happening in our world. Yes, Biden is likely slightly better, but you're still actively voting for the genocide, hellcapitalism, and crime bill guy, and while I will likely hold my nose and vote, I don't have any issue with people who won't or can't because of it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

:hai:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

More and more it looks like the dems are the political equivalent of a heat sink; only there to soak up and dissipate the people’s anger (and votes).

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1723797358704533634

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

wash bucket posted:

More and more it looks like the dems are the political equivalent of a heat sink; only there to soak up and dissipate the people’s anger (and votes).

You forgot constantly begging old people for money! (and in traitor Bernie's case, young people)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

you know i've wanted more irl friends to hang out with but "host a pretend music festival for nazis" was not on my ideas board

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

another chud who stands funny

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

SpacePig posted:

Playing 5 card draw and refusing to change any card in my lovely hand for decorum reasons.

The Democrat candidate doesn't have to be Biden, and I think it's a good idea to tell them earlier than later that people don't want to vote for him.

Sure in a few years when we can primary someone else. But right now? No, he's who we're going to be stuck with. We tried Bernie, and it was made very clear they'd rather cheat and kill and ruin everything than run a progressive who people like.

So no, we're stuck like this. For a very long time. Our opinions don't matter. That's reality, not decorum.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

People love making poo poo up.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It feels like WAP has been living in their heads for a lot longer than it was actually relevant musically

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm now imagining Michael Madsen doing the Cry Baby dance in front of a bloodied man tied to a chair, and I am losing my mind.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Violet_Sky posted:

I mean idk I could do with a new cut of Reservoir Dogs that at least doesn't have a scene solely dedicated to Tarantino slut shaming Madonna. The rest of the movie is pretty good.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/comaccomacco/status/1694277431568310425?s=46

da incesty

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm not here to tell you who to vote for, but you're mistaken, people do not have to play the hand they're dealt :shrug:

The only way to win is to refuse to play

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I am, of course, referring to Dark Souls

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

creepy doll rear end looking twins, i support the island boys simply because Satan appears to be against them

oldpainless posted:

The only way to win is to refuse to play

only suckers play a rigged game, agreed

Felonious_Monk
Oct 26, 2008

oldpainless posted:

I am, of course, referring to Dark Souls

We win elections by leveling ADP and dodge rolling through the fascists :hai:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

I'd watch it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But only if they got Steven Wright again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm sorry if this is basically cheating but this Veteran's Day tweet from the POTUS is not getting the reception that was probably intended

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1723468898668822864

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
It goes without saying but Trump was cooking

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

mycot posted:

I'm sorry if this is basically cheating but this Veteran's Day tweet from the POTUS is not getting the reception that was probably intended

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1723468898668822864

Joe Biden looooooooves John McCain 186,901 – 210,296 violent civilian deaths times as much as trump.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m a single-issue voter.

The issue is that the candidate must have been born since 1950.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

It will never cease to amaze me how many people follow a man who calls himself "cat turd"

How the gently caress do you take anything he says seriously

That is certainly a series of icons after that display name

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

tokin opposition posted:

creepy doll rear end looking twins, i support the island boys simply because Satan appears to be against them

I can’t hate on the Voros Twins; their positivity is just that infectious.

Also, unlike the Island Boys, they don’t kiss each other.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

:lol: From the Island Boys wikipedia article:

Wikipedia posted:

In January 2022, the twins made a commissioned video through Cameo, a platform that allows celebrities to be paid to make custom videos for fans. The video was reposted on TikTok by a Texas-based army recruiter named Orlando Tamez, and shows the brothers saying, "Big shoutout to Staff Sergeant Tamez, you're changing lives, giving you $50K...Giving out bonuses? Paid vacation? And free college, no money." The video was reposted again onto the website Reddit in a subreddit called r/Army. The video sparked controversy and resulted in a representative for the US Army Recruiting Command making the following statement to NBC: "The Island Boys Cameo was not reviewed, authorized, nor paid for by US Army Recruiting Command as an official marketing tool. We are investigating the situation and requiring the individual recruiter to remove the TikTok account, as it is not authorized for official use at this time."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

It will never cease to amaze me how many people follow a man who calls himself "cat turd"

lol there were a couple dozen people willing to hang out with the guy that openly has a fart fetish

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

kazil posted:

the guy that openly has a fart fetish

Sounds like 80% of goons on these forums.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

credburn posted:

Sounds like 80% of goons on these forums.

nice to meet you, 80% of goons on these forums

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

emSparkly posted:

Sure in a few years when we can primary someone else. But right now? No, he's who we're going to be stuck with. We tried Bernie, and it was made very clear they'd rather cheat and kill and ruin everything than run a progressive who people like.

So no, we're stuck like this. For a very long time. Our opinions don't matter. That's reality, not decorum.

The other part of that reality is that people who feel let down just aren't going to vote. No amount of explaining how it's better that we vote for lovely candidate x instead of shittier candidate y is going to rally them to the polls. Even if the dems get some kind of demographic lock and are essentially guaranteed to win the presidential election for the next hundred years, they're going to lose sooner or later so long as they keep doing what they've been doing because people are just going to stop seeing the point in bothering to vote for them. Voting for dems just starts to feel like self-harm after a while

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Authenticity. He's not some ivory tower liberal driving his Prius to the weekly DEI wokeness struggle session. He's a snarky older divorced middle class white guy living in the middle of nowhere. Do you have any idea just how many terminally online goobers feel seen by a guy like that?

He doesn't try to be the smartest person in the room, but rather the most sensible. People with this perceived kind of "street smarts" can make audiences feel engaged without making them feel dumb in the process.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If you weren't in the know I feel like the only take away from that flyer is that it's some weird furry poo poo.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Panfilo posted:

Authenticity. He's not some ivory tower liberal driving his Prius to the weekly DEI wokeness struggle session. He's a snarky older divorced middle class white guy living in the middle of nowhere. Do you have any idea just how many terminally online goobers feel seen by a guy like that?

He doesn't try to be the smartest person in the room, but rather the most sensible. People with this perceived kind of "street smarts" can make audiences feel engaged without making them feel dumb in the process.

His name is Cat. Turd.

Cat.

Turd.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lol at calling of his culture war bullshit "sensible"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

lol at calling of his culture war bullshit "sensible"

OP clearly meant "sensible" in the eyes of catturd's audience