Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I’m currently driving to work and it’s too cold for my tires to warm up.
Does thread have any advice? This is emergency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

Have you tried using tyre blankets?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ethanol posted:

Take the bus.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Are there support races for Vegas or is the only rubber on the track going to be from the F1 cars?

F3 is in Macau and I think they're streaming it for free? Everyone's favorite gamer driver Dan Ticktum is participating so be sure to follow his team radio for his opinion on "those people"...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ethanol posted:

don't drive at the limit of grip

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ethanol posted:

in winter i wake up an hour earlier than usual so i can plug the weather data into the sim and drive my commute there first.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

in winter i wake up an hour earlier than usual so i can plug the weather data into the sim and drive my commute there first.

Found Max's account.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

refleks posted:

F3 is in Macau and I think they're streaming it for free? Everyone's favorite gamer driver Dan Ticktum is participating so be sure to follow his team radio for his opinion on "those people"...

oh I forgot Ticktum was going back to F3, should be entertaining even though I can't stand the guy. Presumably he thinks he's going to win it?

Looks like it streams here later in the week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oo5tLHarqM

Furious George fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 13, 2023

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

How is a 24 year old driving in F3 and hasn't taken the hint yet

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

dan ticktum

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The other option is to not drive a race car for a living so I can’t exactly blame anyone for staying too long.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
Don't think many drivers, if any, are paid to be in F3 at any stage of their career. He's paying for this from wherever he get's his money from.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

There is a great story about this called the emperor's new clothes. It's what happens when your family is so rich you get hereditary brain worms

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Furious George posted:

oh I forgot Ticktum was going back to F3, should be entertaining even though I can't stand the guy. Presumably he thinks he's going to win it?

Huh, turns out he's won it twice before, I didn't know that. Or I probably did but I choose not to remember any of his successes. I want to know how this curtailed quote on his Wikipedia entry ends though

Wikipedia posted:

Ticktum became the third driver to win the race in consecutive years.[30] On his victory, the Brit stated that

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Thanks Ants posted:

Some people can't take the hint, in Moto2 there's a 33 year old. I've often wondered why there's no age limit.. if we had the budget, could we sign up quid for F3 or whatever the next step up is from karting?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

rpop posted:

Some people can't take the hint, in Moto2 there's a 33 year old. I've often wondered why there's no age limit.. if we had the budget, could we sign up quid for F3 or whatever the next step up is from karting?

I want to learn how to not be embarrassed from these people

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

rpop posted:

John McPhee in Moto3 was like the gold standard of "Why the gently caress is this guy still here its never gonna happen" and when he finally hit the age cap for moto3 he just parachuted into another junior series lmao.

This poo poo happens for a reason and I see it at the kart track. If you're paying out the money every year the people who are taking that money aren't gonna tell you "its never gonna happen" they're gonna take your money and start laughing behind your back at you.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's just a love of the sport

e: And spending money

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

I want to learn how to not be embarrassed from these people

Step 1: be born to wealth
Step 2: see step 1

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Life is so much easier if you have no morals, ability to feel embarrassment or empathy for others.

See also Trump, Elon Musk, and every billionaire ever.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

ethanol posted:

I would recommend moving to a desert. It's always hot, day or night.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

ja_raul posted:

I would recommend moving to a desert. It's always hot, day or night.

Until it is winter and then it is very cold overnight, as F1 is about to find out. Well not even close to the coldest it gets really.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

TheBacon posted:

Until it is winter and then it is very cold overnight, as F1 is about to find out. Well not even close to the coldest it gets really.

This is a good answer if you want to be wrong about deserts always being hot

(They are always hot)

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I think you’d find it difficult to get traction on any dessert, hot or cold.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Whoosh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari are going to send out Charles to be on fire ahead of Sainz to warm the track for him

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Chunderbucket posted:

This is a good answer if you want to be wrong about deserts always being hot

(They are always hot)

antarctica is a desert

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The Gobi Desert also gets pretty cold.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The sound the cars are gonna make as they fly into the wall straight out of the pits and their fresh blanketed tires that have much grip

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

ethanol posted:

We are checking

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Only two days until the Las Vegas GP opening ceremony, broadcast live on ESPN2!

quote:

All 20 participating F1 drivers will be in attendance, alongside iconic names in the music industry, including Andra Day, Bishop Briggs, J Balvin, Journey, Keith Urban, Steve Aoki, Swedish House Mafia, Thirty Seconds to Mars and will.i.am, plus appearances by Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

smackfu posted:

quote:

All 20 participating F1 drivers will be in attendance, alongside iconic names in the music industry, including Andra Day, Bishop Briggs, J Balvin, Journey, Keith Urban, Steve Aoki, Swedish House Mafia, Thirty Seconds to Mars and will.i.am, plus appearances by Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil.

It's time to restart above ground nuclear testing in Nevada. Let's begin this next weekend.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

smackfu posted:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i could only get my tires up to 29 psi this morning. so my cornering was extremally compromised. i put on tire blankets at work but i was stuck at 'traffic' (stoplight) for a few minutes and i lost all the heat. completely impossible to drive in this conditions

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

seroisuly you guys expect me to pass the elderly when it feels like the car is on ice skates. i mean honestly i dont kno wwhat he gently caress you want me to do guys

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I work from home and make bad posts all day, no idea what the grip was on the roads was this morning because I walked to the coffee shop and got breakfast

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/F1LasVegas/status/1724189992207925705

all the stars are here

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

I work from home and make bad posts all day, no idea what the grip was on the roads was this morning because I walked to the coffee shop and got breakfast

i cant tell this post from a f1 race because both put me to sleep

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

i cant tell this post from a f1 race because both put me to sleep

lights out and away you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
*Romain Grosjean slams into the wall, bursting into flames*
Gunther Steiner: loving hell. What is this, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing? He exploded, like -- loving -- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack. loving Mobile Suit SD Gundam.