Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have Josh Allen, Javon Williams, and the BUF def going.

He has Diggs and Kincaid.

I am down by 10 pts.

I don't even know what to root for. I have no idea how this plays out in my favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Having AJ Brown and Tyreek on bye this week absolutely made me overtinker my team and now I’m kicking myself. Had Noah Brown slotted in then dropped him. Now I’m 20 points down against a 2-7 team with Javonte and Shakir vs his McLaughlin.

Those 20 Noah Brown points sure would be nice!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bumhead posted:

Holding Gibbs is the closest thing to a smart play I've made in what's otherwise been a really poo poo fantasy season.

It was a frustrating start, but I think Gibbs was always going to hit some sort of breakout as this "weapon" the team have talked about.

Famous last words of course but I don't think we're going back to a situation where Monty just hoovers up the RB touches now. The touches, usage and production is there now in both the run and pass game for Gibbs. I feel pretty decent about starting him ROS.

Yup, I am currently scheming up a trade for Gibbs now lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It’s insane to see gibbs and Monty having so many points while on the same team

Monty would be the perfect RB to try and add to my "probably win-now" dynasty squad that is desperate for an RB2, except my RB1 is already Gibbs heh

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Need 20 .5 PPR points from Diggs to survive the guillotine tonight. Which is tough, but doable. He's done it 3 times so far this season. Mandrews and Henry really killing me this week

dxt fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 13, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Poque posted:

Monty would be the perfect RB to try and add to my "probably win-now" dynasty squad that is desperate for an RB2, except my RB1 is already Gibbs heh

I’m thinking about seeing if the Gibbs owner would be interested in Stroud + Jacobs for him, but tbh this league doesn’t seem to trade and I’m not sure that’s even a good trade for him since it’s a 1qb league and he has Dobbs and Carr

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Feeling pretty good about my trade of Mattison and Christian Watson for Dak 2 games in. I was actually trying to swing a bigger trade with him for Lamar but he wouldn’t budge and we “settled” for Dak. If Achane comes out hot again this team actually has some chance to be feisty down the stretch.

My receivers are still rear end though which is a major problem in PPR. Puka please become good again.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Just on its face, i don't really understand how my team is 4-6. Granted it's my first time playing fantasy and JJ was out for six weeks, but that really shouldnt have hosed me as hard as it appears it might have considering i have

- Goff/Stroud, where Stroud gave me incredible value on Goff's bye week and then generally scores less than him otherwise

- Puka/Waddle/Flowers/Jamo/Jefferson for WRs
-- jamo has been a bust so far, but Puka has helped in JJ's absense. Waddle and Flowers are generally getting WR2/3 numbers at like 9-12pts/game in half ppr. I've had Jakobi to help fill in since Puka/Waddle had byes, but he doesnt really do anything

- Monty/Kamara/Jacobs
-- Jacobs has largely been a bust, and based on yesterday's game the QB can largely throw the ball, so they're not as entirely reliant on him as they were

- TE land has sucked. I drafted Kmet/schultz and then ended up dropping them and suffering through Hunter/Musgrave/Thomas before picking up Taysom and Kmet again

- Started out with Moody for my kicker, but after he missed that one FG or PAT or whatever i dropped him and managed to pick up Hopkins, who has been fantastic at getting me 9-22pts/game

- DST i've been streaming to a degree, but mostly relying on the Lions and the last two weeks used the Raiders to pretty decent affect

:shrug: what can ya do

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I'm only 5-5 despite being PointsFor leader, and could have been 3-7 had DOnta Foreman and CeeDee not saved my past two weeks.

i.e. thankful I could not watch the afternoon games because p sure I would have had a heart attack lol

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Im going to be 6-4 with most points for. I've got JJ and Kyren W. hopefully coming back soon so my team should be pretty good.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Just on its face, i don't really understand how my team is 4-6. Granted it's my first time playing fantasy and JJ was out for six weeks, but that really shouldnt have hosed me as hard as it appears it might have considering i have

- Goff/Stroud, where Stroud gave me incredible value on Goff's bye week and then generally scores less than him otherwise

- Puka/Waddle/Flowers/Jamo/Jefferson for WRs
-- jamo has been a bust so far, but Puka has helped in JJ's absense. Waddle and Flowers are generally getting WR2/3 numbers at like 9-12pts/game in half ppr. I've had Jakobi to help fill in since Puka/Waddle had byes, but he doesnt really do anything

- Monty/Kamara/Jacobs
-- Jacobs has largely been a bust, and based on yesterday's game the QB can largely throw the ball, so they're not as entirely reliant on him as they were

- TE land has sucked. I drafted Kmet/schultz and then ended up dropping them and suffering through Hunter/Musgrave/Thomas before picking up Taysom and Kmet again

- Started out with Moody for my kicker, but after he missed that one FG or PAT or whatever i dropped him and managed to pick up Hopkins, who has been fantastic at getting me 9-22pts/game

- DST i've been streaming to a degree, but mostly relying on the Lions and the last two weeks used the Raiders to pretty decent affect

This is just fantasy.txt pretty much, for better and worse. Guys who tick every possible box for having a smash season like Pollard are terrible. Someone like Puka who is a 5th round pick on a Rams team nobody expected to be very good is like the WR2 overall for the first half of the season. The book on CMC had always been that he's awesome but will eventually kill you when he gets injured, now he's on his second season in a row of totally breaking fantasy. Meanwhile you should draft receivers at the top of the first because RBs always get injured. Whoops JJ is on IR, turns out anyone can get hurt. Nobody knows anything.

TE is always a loving wasteland unless you draft one of the top 2-3 guys, I wouldn't worry about that. Plenty of playoff teams are going to be starting some goober they got off waivers.

Even if you do everything right you can run into D'Onta Foreman the week he scores 40 points out of nowhere or Joe Mixon's 5 TD game last year and get smoked. Losing every week with the second highest score is part of the "fun" :v:

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah, there's a ton of variance in fantasy most of which you just have no control over. We switched our league to a double win format (top 6 and vs. opponent) and it definitely feels more "fair", but you still have to be more lucky than good.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Down by 20 in full PPR with Diggs and Kincaid vs Gabe Davis. Should be a close one unless Davis goes off.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I got killed by Dak Prescott so another L for me

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I have Keenan Allen 😍
He has Herbie :sigh:

Between my 2 leagues, I got 0 from Trevor (Geno’s 33 on the bench) and 6 from Levis. Good grief.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Down by 20 in full PPR with Diggs and Kincaid vs Gabe Davis. Should be a close one unless Davis goes off.

Gabe is going off because Surtain is just one man

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gabe is going off because Surtain is just one man

This is okay as long as Kincaid goes off too then. But yes I assume Diggs may have a rough night.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I started the season off 4-0, then JJ got hurt, and now I'm 6-4. I really could have used him this week. Hell, I'd probably be 8-2 right now if Adams wasn't being wasted on the Raiders. It's been really hard not to make a panic trade, but it's dynasty, and I don't want to make my team worse for the future to win a few weeks now. Next week I'm playing the guy who's tanking, so I'm hoping JJ takes another week off because I won't need him to win.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

This is okay as long as Kincaid goes off too then. But yes I assume Diggs may have a rough night.

Yeah I need a strong Kincaid night :respek:

Garrett Wilson got me enough last night that I no longer need Gabe Davis but if he wants to go off too, hell, I can always use more points for in that league

Bills fans in the AFCE thread are talking as if their entire defense is dead so could be a shootout. Or another comical Bills faceplant. Which does not thrill me since I need Sutton to stay quiet. Run heavy gameplan pls, Payton

Pablo Bluth posted:

Not looking forward to tonight. Will probably be without both starting LBs, both the original starting CBs from wk1, CB4, the best starting DT, and a starting S. It's just as well Beane managed to get a replacement CB, it'll be a great game for Douglas to make his mark.

And who the gently caress knows what offence will show up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
In my worst league I decided to tank two weeks ago and traded away three "stud" players for future picks and a couple of players and since then have gone 2-0 and scored more points than any other weeks. Thank you guy who gave me Tank Dell and a 4th rounder for DK Metcalf.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

morningdrew posted:

I got killed by Dak Prescott so another L for me

Killed by Dak in one league and sat him in the other...

In the league against Dak I can still win if Allen2Diggs+Javonte Williams outscores Sutton by 50.

Nov 6, 2002

What WR would you want in exchange for Hock?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What WR would you want in exchange for Hock?

I get wanting to sell high but he might be a top-5 option with Dobbs

Probably Lockett/McLaurin if you have a buyer, dunno

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

In my worst league I decided to tank two weeks ago and traded away three "stud" players for future picks and a couple of players and since then have gone 2-0 and scored more points than any other weeks. Thank you guy who gave me Tank Dell and a 4th rounder for DK Metcalf.

I literally was suspecting you were one of my friends while reading this post until I saw your players. He did the same thing, sold off high value assets for draft picks in an effort to throw in the towel and has since put up back to back weeks as one of the highest scoring teams.

Fantasy is wild.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked up Noah Brown and Keaton Mitchell on a lark and gently caress if I'm not thinking of starting them next week

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bellmaker posted:

I get wanting to sell high but he might be a top-5 option with Dobbs

Probably Lockett/McLaurin if you have a buyer, dunno

I would aim far higher than that. Like Waddle or someone similar.

But I have been told that I am a pain to trade with.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

I picked up Noah Brown and Keaton Mitchell on a lark and gently caress if I'm not thinking of starting them next week

I think I’m going to see if I can nick Mitchell and start him over Jacobs against MIA

And honestly I have half a mind to start Stroud over Goff, even though Goff is at home against Da Bears lol

Nov 6, 2002

coronaball posted:

I would aim far higher than that. Like Waddle or someone similar.

But I have been told that I am a pain to trade with.

Waddle was actually the floor I was considering. Lockett or McLaurin seem way too low given Hock's recent production.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If some dingus came to me with Hock for my Waddle my phone would break from clicking the accept button too hard

Waddle has had 4 double digit point games so far and he’s had one 20+pt game

Hocks weekly numbers are good enough to drop him in the flex spot over waddle and have the same or better results, especially if The Pocket Scientist is checking down to hock when slinging to JJ frequently

Nov 6, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If some dingus came to me with Hock for my Waddle my phone would break from clicking the accept button too hard

Waddle has had 4 double digit point games so far and he’s had one 20+pt game

Hocks weekly numbers are good enough to drop him in the flex spot over waddle and have the same or better results, especially if The Pocket Scientist is checking down to hock when slinging to JJ frequently

What would you think of Mike Evans for Hock?

In a league with three WR slots and I'm trying to fill at least one of them with someone with a pulse. I have Trey McBride on the bench so there's a passable replacement for Hock.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 13, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I was gonna say if someone offered me Hock for McLaurin the force with which I mashed accept would create a black hole lol

I drafted a lot of Commanders across my leagues which I feel like wasn’t a terrible process. The offense is putting up points. The problem is Bienemy is doing his Chiefs thing where they throw to 9 different guys every game. So the aggregate stats are decent but no individual guy gets there. Terry and Dotson are good! What are we doing giving meaningful target share to Dyami Brown and Byron Pringle

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

In a league with three WR slots and I'm trying to fill at least one of them with someone with a pulse. I have Trey McBride on the bench so there's a passable replacement for Hock.

That’s probably pretty fair, he has a pretty high floor but is relatively inconsistent. Might be a harder sell though

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'd be going Sun God or higher for Hock. Seriously he's going to outscore most WRs in any given week. Dobbs LOVES his TEs and always dumps off to them. Hock as 12 and 15 targets the last two weeks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I'd be going Sun God or higher for Hock. Seriously he's going to outscore most WRs in any given week. Dobbs LOVES his TEs and always dumps off to them. Hock as 12 and 15 targets the last two weeks.

Agreed I would be looking for a top 10 WR. Hock is actually ahead of Kelce in total points, although he hasn’t had his bye yet so it’s not exactly fair. But goes to show the kind of year he is having. Whatever return you think you could get for Kelce should be the ballpark for Hock.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

If TE is a mandatory slot, trading Hock for anything other than elite talent is dumb. The positional advantage he provides is huge. I'd rather try trading McBride for a guy with breakout potential down the stretch. Or pair McBride and a lesser receiver/running back for an upgrade at one of those positions.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

So, what we saying on Joshua Dobbs?

My QB situation has been a bit of a mess but I snagged Murray a few weeks ago. I’ve been offered Dobbs as part of another trade.

Dobbs has put up good numbers already, has running potential, is playing in a spicier and more competitive team with a better receiving corps, and has the WR1 on the way back from injury. Am I overthinking it? I take that trade, right?

Nov 6, 2002

Yes. Especially when you look at the Vikings schedule down the stretch.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bumhead posted:

My QB situation has been a bit of a mess but I snagged Murray a few weeks ago. I’ve been offered Dobbs as part of another trade.

Dobbs has put up good numbers already, has running potential, is playing in a spicier and more competitive team with a better receiving corps, and has the WR1 on the way back from injury. Am I overthinking it? I take that trade, right?

It depends on the trade. If you have Murray, I dont see you starting Dobbs over him.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Sataere posted:

It depends on the trade. If you have Murray, I dont see you starting Dobbs over him.

The rest of the trade is extremely low energy, it’s neither here nor there. The reason to accept it or not would be if I think Dobbs is an upgrade on Murray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bumhead posted:

You should state the whole trade since it all matters. But Dobbs is against all odds pretty appealing. In part this is because the middle class of QBs has been deleted. Rodgers dead, Cousins dead, Richardson dead, TLaw bad, both Jones bad, Watson bad, Geno bad, Love bad, Fields dead and maybe also bad……. the bottom fell out of QB this year. Quietly competent play seems pretty drat good right now if you had one of those guys.

All that said Kyler will probably continue to improve as he knocks off the rust. And he is a fantastic runner IF he is healthy and the coaches will allow him to do it, which is a question for sure. Kyler is the better player but Dobbs has the better situation and is having a career year. So place your bet on whichever you prefer I guess.