Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

more dogs please (canine, hot, or otherwise)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Nice! Yesterday was New Dog Bed Day at Costco for Beatrice:

Bea is 100lbs and five feet long tip to tail

i just got that same bed for my dog (90lb lab). he loves it and there's plenty of room for one of the other pets to join him but i kind of underestimated how big it would be. thing is enormous

anyway pretty great deal for $50. PBUC

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It was $40 here and it's the only one I've seen she really fits on. I also bought this one at Costco:

And it's just for curling up on at best

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Extremely cool dog, what kind of breed is that?

Rough-coat Collie

w00tmonger posted:

Get that good boy a hotdog

I'll make a point to next trip I make to church

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Kirk is very cute. Have you considered getting a dog bed from Costco

We have a few Costco dog beds around the house already from previous dogs not named after Costco products

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Costco dog beds are the best.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice really only uses them under duress

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Looks like thread favorite Rao's is going on sale.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
folks i have a confession

i cheated on costco and got a sam's club pass

they have the cheapest price you can buy Nerds Clusters at

is there anything else there that's good value cuz i just bought a bunch of bags and left

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Alan Smithee posted:

is there anything else there that's good value cuz i just bought a bunch of bags and left

Maybe go ask the Sam's club thread, loser.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Alan Smithee posted:

mods???

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

:fuckoff:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Their TP can be better than Costco's depending on your region and is usually a pretty good value. They put paper goods on instant savings pretty often.

In my area Costco doesn't sell cherry tomatoes on the vine, but Sam's Club sells Sunset Flavor Bombs, which are delicious.

I like Sam's Club's chocolate muffins more than Costco's, but Costco has the superior blueberry muffin.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

thanks for the tip

i promise to only buy nerds clusters and maybe chocolate TP

wait

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Good Costco Gods someone lock the thread before the blasphemy spreads and we have to do a purging fire crusade.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

and yet bird gets to post his regurgitations unreproached

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hm... I sense some heresy afoot

You know what this means :cop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqreRufrkxM

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Alan Smithee posted:

and yet bird gets to post his regurgitations unreproached

Food crimes are not on the same level as heresy. Not yet based on what has been posted so far.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

It is with a Costco membership!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
costco is not normal
:getin:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Who the gently caress spends 1:20 there?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SirPablo posted:

First timers and people who are unaware of the vast selection on offer.

Hell, I go regularly and unless I'm on an absolute mission, I'll gently caress around and see what new or seasonal stuff they have on offer.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SirPablo posted:

free

samples

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Free samples are not worth the time and aggravation.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I am very mad the sample carts arent relegated to weekends only anymore. God drat it I came at 7 45pm on a Tuesday to get in and get the gently caress out, move out of my way.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
That dude almost certainly went on a weekend too. That would easily take 80 minutes if it’s your first trip

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Had these last night, pretty good. They are bagged with the juices and seasoning so you just need to sous vide them for a half hour or you can nuke them.

I put it with some mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts and it was a hearty meal. I saved a bit of the meat for a second meal.

Each shank is pretty large, so it feeds two easily. Or you could split up the meat into four meals with sides.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Alan Smithee posted:

yeah the store brand TP and paper towels are better, like others have said.

the premade mac and cheese and stuffed salmon are better than the costco ones if you're interested in those.

around here, Sam's prices on produce are way better than Costco's, so you might want to consider comparing. those 3-packs of seedless cucumbers, for instance, are usually $3-4 at Sam's, but I've never seen them for less than $5 at Costco.

in general, there's more soda and beverage options at sam's, and more selection in the health and beauty stuff. plus a hundred million kinds of snacks.

and don't forget to use Scan and Go in the app, it's a loving genius thing

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Kuros posted:

Had these last night, pretty good. They are bagged with the juices and seasoning so you just need to sous vide them for a half hour or you can nuke them.

I put it with some mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts and it was a hearty meal. I saved a bit of the meat for a second meal.

Each shank is pretty large, so it feeds two easily. Or you could split up the meat into four meals with sides.

drat this looks good

ill try to find it next visit if i remember

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

copped a bunch of these frozen french onion soups on sale at the ‘co and a microwave with a broiler in the top all in the same weekend, and i gotta say i don’t know how i considered what i was doing before this to be “living”

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yeah the store brand TP and paper towels are better, like others have said.

the premade mac and cheese and stuffed salmon are better than the costco ones if you're interested in those.

around here, Sam's prices on produce are way better than Costco's, so you might want to consider comparing. those 3-packs of seedless cucumbers, for instance, are usually $3-4 at Sam's, but I've never seen them for less than $5 at Costco.

in general, there's more soda and beverage options at sam's, and more selection in the health and beauty stuff. plus a hundred million kinds of snacks.

and don't forget to use Scan and Go in the app, it's a loving genius thing

the biggest convenience for Sams Club is that they have massive loving parking lots

I don't know who does the urban planning for Costco locations but literally every one I've been to has a parking lot that is way too small.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tried those bibigo pho soup dumplings. Not that great. I don't think that kind of soup really works that well for these

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

pentyne posted:

the biggest convenience for Sams Club is that they have massive loving parking lots

I don't know who does the urban planning for Costco locations but literally every one I've been to has a parking lot that is way too small.

yeah that also helps too. between the parking and scan and go, I can get in and out with a couple things in like 10 minutes, less if all I need is a rotisserie chicken or something. it's beautiful.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

The Costco parking lots are hampered by the quick turnover, combined with the general obsession with finding THE CLOSEST spot. I don't know why, but I do it too when I'm there. Every other grocery store, I just pick the first acceptable spot. Basically the amount of cars in each aisle is overwhelming when it'd be better if everyone just parked.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

pentyne posted:

Add in curbside as an absolute time saver for me. Also their website/app actually having the genius idea of, idk, letting you know something is in stock at your warehouse.

gently caress the Waltons overall but Costco's e-commerce could learning something from Sam's.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

SirPablo posted:

The people who run into their family friends or neighbors or other acquaintances who spend a half hour blocking the aisles with their carts talking and catching up. The worst of this is seen at lunch time on Sundays with the church crowd.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Big Mac posted:

The Costco parking lots are hampered by the quick turnover, combined with the general obsession with finding THE CLOSEST spot. I don't know why, but I do it too when I'm there. Every other grocery store, I just pick the first acceptable spot. Basically the amount of cars in each aisle is overwhelming when it'd be better if everyone just parked.

My parking strat is the same as at the bar. Go ugly early.

Sam's club chat should be banable.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Anyone have a gauge on $/lb of a Kirkland frozen turkey? There's a million turkey deals out there and I'm looking at getting at least two this year. One to eat for the holiday, and one to have for cheap poultry.
Do they have anything besides whole birds, also? I always lament that I can't get chicken quarters there, but I'm hopeful for turkey legs or breasts on bone.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Honestly the wildest reason I was keeping a Sams Club membership for years after finally getting a Costco membership was their Members Mark Instant Coffee, genuinely the best instant coffee you can find and better then most drip brewed coffee will turn out unless you are really taking the extra steps for a perfect brew. Then I switched to their decaf when I needed to cut back on caffeine.

Maybe 2021/22 Costco finally started carrying a Kirkland brand instant coffee, but they only sell regular and no decaf. No idea why.

Also, probably based on some kind of market research, Sam's Club will sell Prime Steaks in packs of 2 while Costco sells in packs of 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was pleasantly surprised with Aldi's instant coffee. It was also like $1.79 or something ridiculously cheap.