Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
please import the taliban to help the palestinians

https://twitter.com/paykhar/status/1724169959692001527?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, even if aid is let in, the Israelis are only going to use it to cycle forces in and out, fortify their existing positions and the push forward.

If anything one of reasons they are even talking about it is probably because they want crew to go out and start retrieving all that armor laying around.

Yeah, this is the great satan we are talking about. Assuming even the tiniest of modicum of good faith before anything got done is ahistorical and frankly completely r-worded

it would also let off a lot of pressure from the international protests and would allow the media coverage to move on. Basically I have very very mixed feelings right now

VomitOnLino has issued a correction as of 08:01 on Nov 14, 2023

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

PawParole posted:

I’ve never understood why the Israeli government doesn’t lift the blockade in exchange for the rockets stopping. I mean I know the reason why (they’re fascists and the cruelty is the point) but it seems so loving stupid to me.

they're convinced that if they lift the blockade hamas will simply fire more rockets. the idea that the other side would act in good faith is alien to them because they themselves have never acted in good faith

(well, there's been scattershot attempts at good faith, but those people got assassinated by the allies of the people currently in power. so)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

PawParole posted:

I’ve never understood why the Israeli government doesn’t lift the blockade in exchange for the rockets stopping. I mean I know the reason why (they’re fascists and the cruelty is the point) but it seems so loving stupid to me.

the rockets don't actually cause much damage at all but they do help impose a siege/wartime mentality for Israelis

I almost think they'd prefer to keep the rockets coming, the Israeli government is already extremely unpopular and their "mandate" for this slaughter is rapidly eroding (except in the US Congress and news media)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Vox Nihili posted:

the rockets don't actually cause much damage at all but they do help impose a siege/wartime mentality for Israelis

I almost think they'd prefer to keep the rockets coming, the Israeli government is already extremely unpopular and their "mandate" for this slaughter is rapidly eroding (except in the US Congress and news media)

also the european governments and media

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah I think the most rocket damage we've seen has been from dodgy iron dome interceptors doing the twirly swirly into the ground and/or Israeli buildings.

I can only imagine what was said internally when that happened.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

And if Netanyahu goes, what then? Peace?

The rockets at least keep pressure up on the Israelis by taking the war to them. It is also clear that some dual passport holders are leaving town, which is only putting pressure on the economy.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

ungulateman posted:

they're convinced that if they lift the blockade hamas will simply fire more rockets. the idea that the other side would act in good faith is alien to them because they themselves have never acted in good faith

(well, there's been scattershot attempts at good faith, but those people got assassinated by the allies of the people currently in power. so)

Yup. Fascists and capitalists tend to think that everybody is a disingenuous snake like them.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol I'm glad the replies mention it: where are the potholes and trash?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i say swears online posted:

two thirds of the reason why Islamists like the MB do well in elections whenever they're allowed to is because they're good public administrators and civil service people. it's not just the slogans. they are always typically engineers, doctors, etc.

It's why arab dictators dont allow elections because literally anyone else can do their jobs a million times better than they can.

who do you trust to fix your potholes, an inbred illiterate pig fucker like Mohammad bin Zayed, a military thug like Sisi, or a muslim brotherhood islamist middle manager who graduated with a PHD in civil engineering?

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:22 on Nov 14, 2023

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Radical islamists

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israeli finance minister with yet another genius idea:-

==========

"Smotrich: Voluntary immigration of the people of Gaza is the solution

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich considered that the voluntary migration of Gaza Arabs to countries around the world is the correct humanitarian solution."

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%83%D8%AB%D9%81

How about you go back to your eastern european shithole bog instead you nazi animal?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

==========

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich considered that the voluntary migration of Gaza Arabs to countries around the world is the correct humanitarian solution."

"please ethnically cleanse yourselves"

"correct humanitarian solution" I'm gonna have an aneurysm

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Al-Saqr posted:

==========

How about you go back to your eastern european shithole bog instead you nazi animal?

At the risk of repeating myself but this is the backdrop on which you should see this accursed "ceasefire" ... they have not moved an inch from their lovely plan to ethnically cleanse Gaza.
This literally tells you all you need to know about how this would go down and who would benefit, if they actually do it...

The concerns of the west are:
- We are running out of bombs and equipment, our lovely nazi cops are getting killed and it's making Israelis antsy
- The genocide looks bad and people around the world are starting to get noisy about it
- The propaganda machine is already turned to 11 and it's not helping... much

If you see it like this then a ceasefire quickly deflates all three of these while effectively doing nothing for the subjugated Palestinians. In a way the reason they even stuck out so long is because the current western leadership has exactly zero political astuteness being completely unable to "read the room" and have their loving pig-heads stuck up far, far up their own arse.

VomitOnLino has issued a correction as of 08:38 on Nov 14, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

==========

Cool let's send every immigrant from every country back to where they came from for the past hundred years, we'll include their descendents.

I imagine that should be pretty easy and simple.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

i say swears online posted:

agreed. this remake of skitchin seems a little bare boned

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Radical islamists

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actual civil war within Israel doesn't seem unlikely from the looks of it, and it'll also be the funniest thing if Israel declares war on literally everyone around them including themselves.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actual civil war within Israel doesn't seem unlikely from the looks of it, and it'll also be the funniest thing if Israel declares war on literally everyone around them including themselves.

Some type of soft coup is a lot more possible than a civil war, but otherwise, I think the US is really trying to get them not to respond to Hezbollah which is putting internal pressure on the government.

It isn’t for humanitarian reasons, the US just doesn’t have faith Israel can fight a two front war.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

How long would a ceasefire have to hold for Gaza's civilian infrastructure to recover? What will happen with the refugees in the meantime? God loving dammnit

If things don't change radically I doubt Israel will allow the required materials and equipment in Gaza so years.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

DancingShade posted:

Israel would never have lost all those tanks if they had just invested in large human piloted Japanese robots. Maybe that can be the next mic grift.

Yes the major problem with having multiple crew members in a vehicle is that you can’t generate an AT field.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Islamists also often run the only social services in plenty of broken places. They are the ones finding homes for orphans, checking in on grandmas, pitching in to help civil projects get finished, helping families who are starving, etc. When things are bad because of war/disaster/etc you read so much of NGO/international aid shifting around priorities and suddenly they are gone. Western friendly secular types may bail when they have the chance at a job at the World Bank or whatever. Meanwhile the Islamists stay around doing the tedious work without much outside help and ten years later when there's an insurgency no poo poo all the locals help them. Basic Maoist stuff.

Religion has lots of good and bad aspects, but there is plenty of times when the only charity around is being run from a church or mosque.

You certainly see that with the Palestinians where Hamas did the work to earn the votes they received. When zionists/shitheads say "they voted for Hamas!" to explain why it's okay to bomb all Palestinians of course they fail to mention (or are too dumb to know) why Hamas got the votes in the first place.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySlippers posted:

Islamists also often run the only social services in plenty of broken places. They are the ones finding homes for orphans, checking in on grandmas, pitching in to help civil projects get finished, helping families who are starving, etc. When things are bad because of war/disaster/etc you read so much of NGO/international aid shifting around priorities and suddenly they are gone. Western friendly secular types may bail when they have the chance at a job at the World Bank or whatever. Meanwhile the Islamists stay around doing the tedious work without much outside help and ten years later when there's an insurgency no poo poo all the locals help them. Basic Maoist stuff.

Religion has lots of good and bad aspects, but there is plenty of times when the only charity around is being run from a church or mosque.

You certainly see that with the Palestinians where Hamas did the work to earn the votes they received. When zionists/shitheads say "they voted for Hamas!" to explain why it's okay to bomb all Palestinians of course they fail to mention (or are too dumb to know) why Hamas got the votes in the first place.

Hamas ftw

- Sara Roy's "Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza"

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
A couple of days old now but still a good listen, roughly 2h of Norman and Aaron Mate speaking about the I/P conflict:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MCJajUbzXo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

its so awesome that the wall street journal are now giving opinion columns to nazi ethnic cleansers

https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1724342425802739853?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

again, america and its allies are the nazis.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

salartarium posted:

Yes the major problem with having multiple crew members in a vehicle is that you can’t generate an AT field.

How about a large robot sized riot shield carried in one arm, the other has a large robot sized autocannon. It's very important that its a large rifle that needs to be manually reloaded with both robot hands, not have some sort of handy autoloader.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also if this is true it means that there are still over 800,000 people in north gaza

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1724341333245210656?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

also if this is true it means that there are still over 800,000 people in north gaza

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1724341333245210656?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Or 800k dead in the bombardment.

Spin will be that oh wow it turns out only 50k people lives in all of Gaza before October 2023. Huh.

(don't grind your teeth, you know I'm just pointing out the spin doctoring in the future if the worst happens)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
There is still life in Gaza city, Israel has been obliterating mostly the outskirts of the city, not the heart of it. It is also why they are so apprehensive about plunging deeper into it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1724343009498591486

The Idf is laying siege to another Hospital, a scant two blocks away from the Al shifa complex.
There are more than 100 sick and injured trapped inside.

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

==========

Иди и Смотрич

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DancingShade posted:

Or 800k dead in the bombardment.

No but a reminder that the health ministry may he severely undercounting deaths and injuries due to a policy of only reporting confirmed cases that arrive at the hospitals.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

====

Sergeant Roy Marom, a class leader in the 906th Battalion, and Major Raz, a fighter in the 6863rd Battalion, 12th Brigade... were killed by resistance fighters in northern Gaza!

https://x.com/turkishalhoub/status/1724352721082352083?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

====

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FuzzySlippers posted:

It's very hard to explain this kinda thing because most modern liberals have absolutely no concept of the social contract or just actually building things in general. That Hamas actually functions as a government and wins loyalty by doing things is alien to them and some strange terrorist trick, when society is supposed to be individualised and atomised and loyalty based on supposed moral superiority without any actual action.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
lol Major Razz

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Radical islamists

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng/status/1724343645300474226

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamas ftw

I appreciate book club posters. That was interesting especially how they worked to stabilize the community and heal any breaches from the inevitable problem of collaborators. Colonial forces love to exploit those divisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

You can tell which """news""" reported by Israeli outlets is intended for propoganda because channel 12 suddenly decides to tweet about it in English rather than Hebrew. It's a pattern I've noticed.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1723748849829679303?t=Xx906o2jDYH-uJL7tOPLmg&s=19

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hamas ftw

Definitely gonna check out this book, thank you