Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Docjowles posted:

Agreed I would be looking for a top 10 WR. Hock is actually ahead of Kelce in total points, although he hasn’t had his bye yet so it’s not exactly fair. But goes to show the kind of year he is having. Whatever return you think you could get for Kelce should be the ballpark for Hock.

Sheesh I did not realize how well Hock was doing, who is your other TE??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Docjowles posted:

This is just fantasy.txt pretty much, for better and worse. Guys who tick every possible box for having a smash season like Pollard are terrible. Someone like Puka who is a 5th round pick on a Rams team nobody expected to be very good is like the WR2 overall for the first half of the season. The book on CMC had always been that he's awesome but will eventually kill you when he gets injured, now he's on his second season in a row of totally breaking fantasy. Meanwhile you should draft receivers at the top of the first because RBs always get injured. Whoops JJ is on IR, turns out anyone can get hurt. Nobody knows anything.

TE is always a loving wasteland unless you draft one of the top 2-3 guys, I wouldn't worry about that. Plenty of playoff teams are going to be starting some goober they got off waivers.

Even if you do everything right you can run into D'Onta Foreman the week he scores 40 points out of nowhere or Joe Mixon's 5 TD game last year and get smoked. Losing every week with the second highest score is part of the "fun" :v:

This is a good week in my league for this. The 2, 3, and 4 guys have already lost and the guy in 1st is projected to lose depending on how tonight goes. The guy in 2nd to last place, who has the smallest points scored this season just put up 145 points, the best of the week. Luckily for me, I'm in 5th and so everyone in front of me is set to lose and I'm going to slide into 4th, which is important because we only have 4 playoff spots. Plenty more weeks to go yet.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Guy in a PPR league texted me that he "really wants Mark Andrews and is willing to over pay" and then offered Deebo and Logan Thomas. Deebo would be replacing Gabe Davis in my lineup. This would probably be an increase in consistency but feels like a net wash at best.

Any thoughts on me countering with Andrews and Puka for say Deebo, Jonathan Taylor, Logan Thomas? See how serious he is about "overpaying" lol. He's ahead of me in the standings so I am not inclined to do him any favors. Also losing Andrews is terrifying since the best guy on waivers is like Hunter Henry or Conklin.

I am scared Puka is not himself the rest of the way with an injured or absent Stafford

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 14, 2023

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
As an Olave owner in both my leagues I'm hoping for Jameis Winston to start next week

Carr targeted him 0 times in the first half. Ridiculous. Jameis comes in and immediately throws him a highlight reel td.

I mean yeah, Jameis played like dogshit after that of course. But at least he throws it downfield!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I need Carr to stick around and continue to feed Kamara and Taysom thanks and g*d bless

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Made so many mistakes this week. Dropped Noah Brown for Khalil Shakir. Kept James Conner in IR and flexed Mattison. Ended up losing by 1.2.

I deserve this loss. Tinkered with my own team too much.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Pretty much tied in my main league. Need Kincaid to outscore Courtland Sutton. Feels like that could very easily go either way

They scored almost the exact same and I won by 1.18 :stare:

Absolute chaos this week as things fall just right for like half the league to be tied at 5-5 with some outliers above and below. I am right there in the muck and doubt I make the playoffs but it’s even less likely that I eat the last place punishment so that’s a load off. Neither is mathematically impossible yet :pseudo:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I am expecting there to be a stat correction on the Bills' fumble crediting it to Allen instead of Cook

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Definitely had a chance to win tonight but Diggs did nothing. Ah well my second time this season losing with the second most points to the high scorer. That's fantasy baby.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jingleheimer posted:

I started the season off 4-0, then JJ got hurt, and now I'm 6-4. I really could have used him this week. Hell, I'd probably be 8-2 right now if Adams wasn't being wasted on the Raiders. It's been really hard not to make a panic trade, but it's dynasty, and I don't want to make my team worse for the future to win a few weeks now. Next week I'm playing the guy who's tanking, so I'm hoping JJ takes another week off because I won't need him to win.

I’d want to make sure I was getting good value, but moving Adams in dynasty wouldn’t be a terrible move. He’s still got the talent and marquee name but he is 30 and on a team that’s not using him to his fullest.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

DeepDickPizza posted:

I’d want to make sure I was getting good value, but moving Adams in dynasty wouldn’t be a terrible move. He’s still got the talent and marquee name but he is 30 and on a team that’s not using him to his fullest.

I'm making a run for it this year, so as annoying as it is to have Adams this year, I won't be trading him. I was toying with the idea of trading Garrett Wilson for a downgrade at WR and a decent RB, but I didn't like the value that was being offered to me. I'm just going to try making a less exciting trade for middling but still usable players like Courtland Sutton. My starting lineup is good enough that I just need a little more depth to get through bye weeks and weather any injuries that might happen.

The most annoying thing about that league is that out of 12 teams, only one of them doesn't have a shot at the playoffs. So there aren't many people willing to sell off their good players just yet.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Not looking forward to playing Josh Allen against the Jets this week 🙃

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

summary on who the heck Ty Chandler is and why he's being projected as an RB1 savior in Minnesota please

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Starting Howell after trading away Lamar was a good move! Too bad McLaurin was bad. Is Howell just gonna spread the ball around? Will probably go back to starting Puka since Stafford is back, so McLaurin can ride the pine this week.

Hoping Achane comes back and returns to cheat code status this week.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
They literally have no one left.

Mattison is in concussion protocol, Akers is on IR, that offense is humming under Josh Dobbs and his only competition is recently-signed Myles Gaskin and some other no name.

Could be a great one-week rental until Mattison returns, could earn himself a starting job this week, could get TDs vultured by Dobbs, could could could…

He’ll get a big workload but he hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire behind lovely Mattison to begin with so count on him for high RB2ish numbers I guess?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

AnacondaHL posted:

summary on who the heck Ty Chandler is and why he's being projected as an RB1 savior in Minnesota please

Next guy up, had some nice runs last week. Not going to be a savior on his own, but MN run game could (COULD) be more effective as defenses worry about Dobbs running.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

Starting Howell after trading away Lamar was a good move! Too bad McLaurin was bad. Is Howell just gonna spread the ball around? Will probably go back to starting Puka since Stafford is back, so McLaurin can ride the pine this week.

Hoping Achane comes back and returns to cheat code status this week.

McLaurin usually gets 6-10 targets a game. He's usually #1 or #2 in targets for WAS. So Howell spreads it around a little, but McLaurin has a pretty decent floor because he will always get looks. He'll likely never have some breakout day where he puts up 20+ points, but in 0.5 PPR, he's put up over 10 points 4 times, and one other time he was at 9.8, so essentially half the time he's hit at least 10. I consider him a decent flex start, especially if he has a good matchup.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Currently in a dog fight for top spot in my 0.5 PPR, 6 pt TD league and i'm wondering if I need to upgrade my QB position from Goff/Murray.

The other 2 teams i'm fighting have Hurts and Mahomes (guy just traded for him) and the Burrow manager sent me a message saying he's available. Is Burrow enough of an upgrade over Goff/Murray to make it worth sending a (likely) 2024 1st round pick? He seems to have a pretty brutal playoff schedule, but also seems to be finding his legs in fantasy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goff has a pretty easy schedule ahead of him, but I think the main thing nerfing his output is Detroit’s run game. I’m curious how the Chicago game will go, and knowing that Monty has been waiting for those games all year I almost wonder if I should start Stroud v Arizona over him while Monty and Gibbs reenact the wrecking ball music video on live tv

Burrow appears to have a bunch higher floor than Goff now that he’s back to full health, but he’s up against the Ravens next, and I don’t have a great feeling about that matchup compared to his last three or four

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

As noted above Detroit has a soft schedule coming up, might be a good defense to grab this week

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

AnacondaHL posted:

Younger guy, apparently wasn’t given as much opportunity as Mattison for some pass pro / trust reasons, but now Vikings have no choice.

As someone who’s watched every Vikings game this year, Mattison has looked terrible. No burst, missing every hole, poor vision, many dropped passes, fumbles.

Chandler at the very least showed a lot more burst and ability to hit a hole than Mattison has this year. Vikings still very much want to have a run game.

If we get JJ back, you’d have to assume the running game opens up with JJ getting open, Addison stretching the field, hock beating up on LBs, and Dobbs extending plays/threatening big runs.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Any of these guys worth dropping for Dowdle in case Pollard loses his RB1 role? Putting Bye in () if they haven't had it yet. Half PPR 3WR. Bold will start.

QB: Goff
RBs: Jones, R White, Conner (14), Mattison (13), Ford, T Spears, K Mitchell (13)
WRs: Lamb, Kupp, Evans, Q Johnston, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid (13), Waller (IR slot)

I've also watched every Vikings game and Mattison has been bad, but he's also frequently hit in the backfield. The line seems good at pass protection, but not run blocking. I thought maybe try for Chandler instead of Dowdle, but running just doesn't seem to be going well in MN.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 14, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

Any of these guys worth dropping for Dowdle in case Pollard loses his RB1 role? Putting Bye in () if they haven't had it yet. Half PPR 3WR. Bold will start.

RBs: Jones, R White, Conner (14), Mattison (13), Ford, T Spears, K Mitchell (13)

I've also watched every Vikings game and Mattison has been bad, but he's also frequently hit in the backfield. The line seems good at pass protection, but not run blocking. I thought maybe try for Chandler instead of Dowdle, but running just doesn't seem to be going well in MN.

I would say you could see what you could trade Kupp for, and if Carr is back I’m not sure how Shaheed will do. He doesn’t seem to be doing much of anything lately, though

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Thoughts on trading away Swift for Gibbs in Half-PPR?

I view it as a floor-for-ceiling trade. Gibbs is in a timeshare in a high-octane running-oriented offense. I think Swift might be too (with Hurts, who I also have). Rankings seem to drastically prefer Swift but I wonder if they just haven't updated recently enough. Ultimately I think Gibbs is a lot more likely to rattle off big weeks.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gibbs definitely has the easier schedule, if anything

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would say you could see what you could trade Kupp for, and if Carr is back I’m not sure how Shaheed will do. He doesn’t seem to be doing much of anything lately, though

I don't think I'd have a WR3 if I traded Kupp. If I traded him for a top RB I'd have an excess of them so I could try to trade one of the lesser ones for a WR3 I guess?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

I think Shaheed is fine to drop, when are you ever going to play him over those other guys? Alternatively you could drop Waller and put Mattison in IR since the Giants are now a total tire fire and even if he comes back he probably won’t do poo poo.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Our IR doesn't allow for Out. Waller would be gone if he was actually taking up a spot. I forgot to mention it's also a Keeper league, so there is some speculation going on.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Due to having 4 players on bye this week, I need a waiver wire pickup to plug in at WR. Who’s my best option out of this sad lot?

Brandon Cooks @ CAR
Curtis Samuel vs NYG
Odell Beckham vs CIN
Khalil Shakur vs NYJ
Rondale Moore @ HOU
Jonathan Mingo vs DAL

0.5 ppr

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

RCarr posted:

Due to having 4 players on bye this week, I need a waiver wire pickup to plug in at WR. Who’s my best option out of this sad lot?

Brandon Cooks @ CAR
Curtis Samuel vs NYG
Odell Beckham vs CIN
Khalil Shakur vs NYJ
Rondale Moore @ HOU
Jonathan Mingo vs DAL

0.5 ppr

I'd probably start Cooks (high-powered offense, run game not as strong this year, Carolina is trash tier) but I couldn't fault you for Samuel (good fit for Bieniemy's offense, NYG are terrible) or OBJ either.

Mingo = still a developmental rookie
Moore = nope
Shakir = gadget WR. not startable

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Cooks is probably the best option, though Carolina's defence is actually really good against WRs

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

Cooks is probably the best option, though Carolina's defence is actually really good against WRs

I think it's because their run defense is pretty bad, so why pass, but the Giants have the same problem. I think it's a coin flip between Cooks and Samuel, but I'd lean Cooks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Agreed, give me all pieces of the Cowboys passing attack I can get. As you said, it SHOULD have been a huge spot for Pollard last week and he scored 5 in PPR. I wouldn't worry about low passing volume vs Carolina, this seems to be what they want to do now. Which is surprising but I'll take it.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

KingKapalone posted:

Totally true, don’t think chandler is like a league winner or something, but could be worth a shot if you need an RB2 or flex spot with byes and injuries or something.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So I'm 6-4 in the league I care about despite having Pollard and Henry as my RBs. Very weird going from most points against last year to least this year but I'll take what I can get.

I'm not sitting Pollard as the matchup is once again frustratingly good but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What are the prospects for DJ Moore? Is Justin Fields coming back soon?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Watson done for, so what?

Let me just check the wire in my single QB 14 team league:

Oh...oh no.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Goondolences. Maybe you can swing a cheap trade to That Guy who is sitting on Josh Allen and 3 other QBs “just in case”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Everyone in my league made fun of my SO when she drafted 4 QBs but no one is laughing now that they are bereft of options for their broken starters and she’s laughing sitting at the top of the pile tied for first (with me).