Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

notaspy posted:

Pandafam is now official instead of being a collation of convenience?

I think Starfleet Commander was just a little salty and rage updated sov.space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

salartarium posted:

I think Starfleet Commander was just a little salty and rage updated sov.space

at that point just add init back to imperium

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

I mean functionally they both are

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Well done Jay

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021

the new thread name

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ynglaur posted:

Did any of the Delta squad bans get lifted? I'm not talking about the ones for people burning the neighborhood around them as they flung poo poo everywhere. I'm talking about the ones where someone posted, "Hey, maybe Mittens shouldn't be Dear Leader right now until we figure out how to deal with abusive behavior like this."

in order for any of the poorly documented delta bans (quite a few of them only say "delta schismatic" as a reason) to be reversed the individual has to have a personal conversation with ashermerk.

as most of delta has said gently caress eve and gently caress that, no. the bans have not been lifted.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'll just stick to BARVE's services then. Most of the important stuff i.e. cap doctrines will get carried over to our wiki anyway

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

1dq1 keep got its pods wrecked. Discuss.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

not all the pods as Jay did it just before downtime so most of them were saved. All the market orders were nuked though

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

not all the pods as Jay did it just before downtime so most of them were saved. All the market orders were nuked though

How does this work? Isn't it a binary either all Cloning Services are removed or none are?

E: and how much is a full set of +5s now?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

jay amazing-ish

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Boatswain posted:

How does this work? Isn't it a binary either all Cloning Services are removed or none are?

E: and how much is a full set of +5s now?

the number of clones in 1DQ was so big that the game simply couldn't delete them all before downtime

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Why did they destroy the clones?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

you'd have to ask Jay

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

you'd have to ask Jay

Who is Jay?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ded posted:

in order for any of the poorly documented delta bans (quite a few of them only say "delta schismatic" as a reason) to be reversed the individual has to have a personal conversation with ashermerk.

as most of delta has said gently caress eve and gently caress that, no. the bans have not been lifted.

So basically, "We hosed up on the the ban side but come be an adult and we can probably sort things out amicably?"

I'm not in Delta, btw. I'm really just trying to see if the leadership culture actually changed for the better. I hadn't realized our organization was willing to ignore that kind of behavior. I don't expect my video games to be free of drama or all lilies and sunshine, but I want to know: is it better, or at least getting better?

Thanks for the direct answers so far everyone.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

former FC, supercap FC, maybe did other things but was high up in the command chain

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Ynglaur posted:

So basically, "We hosed up on the the ban side but come be an adult and we can probably sort things out amicably?".

That’s the claimed posture. Whether you believe it is kind of a Rorschach test; if anyone’s actually taken the offer they haven’t posted a trip report.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

So basically, "We hosed up on the the ban side but come be an adult and we can probably sort things out amicably?"

I'm not in Delta, btw. I'm really just trying to see if the leadership culture actually changed for the better. I hadn't realized our organization was willing to ignore that kind of behavior. I don't expect my video games to be free of drama or all lilies and sunshine, but I want to know: is it better, or at least getting better?

Thanks for the direct answers so far everyone.

I ain't doing it. Like I said, BARVE can relay the important stuff but I won't be going on any coalition tantrums/joint ops

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is 7 days of free Omega with expansion if anyone is feeling nostalgic. I signed up for a random Gallente newbie FW group a week or so ago and it has been pretty fun, or at least 10x better than awful nullsec stuff

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

lovely tuna snatch posted:

1dq1 keep got its pods wrecked. Discuss.

Darius JOHNSON sends his regards

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Why would Delta Sqad do this

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Eyud posted:

Why would Delta Sqad do this

It appears that Jay Amazingness has gone fuckgoons and stolen stuff on his way out.

He also pulled the modules and rigs in the Imperial Palace. Luckily it was so close to downtime that it seems like 70% of clones were not destroyed. We think the most recent clones installed were the ones that got hit first. He got money from various wallets but not our main savings accounts. Some BPOs were stolen, some caps and other hangars.
As to how this could happen? I've known Jay for a decade, I consider him a good friend. We have talked a lot, we talked today. We discuss lots of things outside of Eve. He recently came back to Eve and I gave him director roles because I trust him, I would say he's the person I trust the most in Eve. I don't know why it's happened. There is a small chance he was hacked which I'm holding on to, but more likely he just decided to do this. I hope he's ok. If he wanted to make his mark on Eve I guess here it is. Personally I'm very hurt. There's not much more to it. As an alliance and coalition it's not going to affect us but I'm going to feel it for a long time.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sickening posted:

It appears that Jay Amazingness has gone fuckgoons and stolen stuff on his way out.

He also pulled the modules and rigs in the Imperial Palace. Luckily it was so close to downtime that it seems like 70% of clones were not destroyed. We think the most recent clones installed were the ones that got hit first. He got money from various wallets but not our main savings accounts. Some BPOs were stolen, some caps and other hangars.
As to how this could happen? I've known Jay for a decade, I consider him a good friend. We have talked a lot, we talked today. We discuss lots of things outside of Eve. He recently came back to Eve and I gave him director roles because I trust him, I would say he's the person I trust the most in Eve. I don't know why it's happened. There is a small chance he was hacked which I'm holding on to, but more likely he just decided to do this. I hope he's ok. If he wanted to make his mark on Eve I guess here it is. Personally I'm very hurt. There's not much more to it. As an alliance and coalition it's not going to affect us but I'm going to feel it for a long time.

would you say it feels...sickening?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6LKfi9DUCs

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Well, I chose a helluva time to rejoin the thread...

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Awesome

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
the people cry out for helldump and they people's cries shant be ignored...

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Sickening posted:

Luckily it was so close to downtime that it seems like 70% of clones were not destroyed. We think the most recent clones installed were the ones that got hit first.

so this genius seems to have hosed over mostly people completely unrelated (B2 ppl that arrived at 1dq yesterday) to whatever idiotic justification he had.

great job :bravo:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Did he ever post why? Like, is it vengeance for Mittens or some other reason?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Ynglaur posted:

So I basically soft-quit a year or so ago after the logs with Mittens calling a harassment victim "Amber Heard" came out. I'm sure there are many dramatic ways to answer these questions, but if anyone itt would answer them simply and directly I'd appreciate it.
  • Is the game in an okay-ish state? When I left it was sub-20K daily logins and dropping quickly.
  • Who's the CEO of GSF now? Last I heard Asher took over from Mittens, which seemed like a great way to burn out a genuinely good human being and leader (and FC).
  • Did any of the Delta squad bans get lifted? I'm not talking about the ones for people burning the neighborhood around them as they flung poo poo everywhere. I'm talking about the ones where someone posted, "Hey, maybe Mittens shouldn't be Dear Leader right now until we figure out how to deal with abusive behavior like this."

Thanks.

Delta Sqad activists remain blacklisted. For some reason, I along with Baculus and Dirk are considered the three ringleaders.

E: Considering that my expectation of the ~~conversation~~ with Merk to be focused around the assumption that I Did A Bad Thing by continuing to post on goonfleet dotte cum until my access to it was revoked, why would I reach out to kiss the ring? It's not my fault their auth system failed to yank my access to the site when I pulled all the spacemens I knew for sure I had registered.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 14, 2023

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hell yeah jay

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Mr Amazingness sir you owe me four mindlinks, I will give you 48 hours to create the contract before I contact the authorities

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The server not deleting all the clones sure seems like a bug, I hope he petitions it

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
nice meltdown

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The server not deleting all the clones sure seems like a bug, I hope he petitions it

Hard to tell what’s a bug and what’s a feature of Tidi and other load balancing. I’m writing down that most recent clones go first if it ever becomes relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Das Butterbrot posted:

so this genius seems to have hosed over mostly people completely unrelated (B2 ppl that arrived at 1dq yesterday) to whatever idiotic justification he had.

great job :bravo:

:qq: