Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

`Nemesis posted:

a bicycle does not fit in the bed of the cybertruck

Pretty normal way to put a bicycle in a pickup bed anyway. Needs a tailgate mat is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Pretty normal way to put a bicycle in a pickup bed anyway. Needs a tailgate mat is all.

Because no trucks are regular cabs anymore.

Lack of tailgate mat is cursed because that is a carbon frame on a lg-diswasher-thick-piece-of-stainless

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

cursedshitbox posted:

Lack of tailgate mat is cursed because that is a carbon frame on a lg-diswasher-thick-piece-of-stainless

you know that the corner on the tailgate isn't gonna be beveled properly either, just sharp as poo poo on that carbon frame

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sagebrush posted:

it's okay, the whole roof is glass

just like you want on a pickup

And super low in the back, much to the consternation of rear seat passengers with heads.

opengl posted:

It also won't fit in the bed of any of the other 4 door pickups with tiny beds running around (most of them)

Most 4-door pickups have 6’ beds. Maverick and Santa Cruz, Explorer Sport Trac, et al excepted.

Edit: those are less Pickups more like utes, I guess.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

Nah it’s because with a tailgate pad it’s a much nicer way of carrying around a bike than tossing it in the bed even if the bed is big enough.

But yeah good god no pad on that is making my teeth itch.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Darchangel posted:

And super low in the back, much to the consternation of rear seat passengers with heads.

You won’t care. :tesla:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Doesn't the y have the back seats that will absolutely break your neck in a collision because of a bar there? Like the thing is only able to fit small children and anyone else is basically stuffed in and liable to die

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

You guys misunderstand. Cybertruck is not intended to be an actual truck. It's a lifestyle statement. Only the truly hip can understand and appreciate it.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
work is for poors

buy my ape

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Steve French posted:

Nah it’s because with a tailgate pad it’s a much nicer way of carrying around a bike than tossing it in the bed even if the bed is big enough.

But yeah good god no pad on that is making my teeth itch.

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy with how many people are clowning on that pic. Bicycles aren't very compatible with beds no matter what, they are awkward shaped through and through, hanging the wheel over the back is very convenient.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

work is for poors

buy my ape

I can't appreciate the cybertruck anymore because I got my eyes cooked by antimicrobial UV lamps

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s still a little funny that a midsize car with a hatch can fit a bike, and these trucks can’t.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

work is for poors

buy my ape

Can I use multiple slurp juices on that ape

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Doesn't the y have the back seats that will absolutely break your neck in a collision because of a bar there? Like the thing is only able to fit small children and anyone else is basically stuffed in and liable to die
Adults absolutely cannot sit in the third row safely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff9IxcQKaJU&t=105s

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I would not put children in any vehicle which has electrically actuated door latches which may become inoperable in an emergency, so is there anyone who can sit safely in the third row?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

I would not put children in any vehicle which has electrically actuated door latches which may become inoperable in an emergency, so is there anyone who can sit safely in the third row?

If you define "safely" as "maximizing desired survival outcome" then maybe people you don't like?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Little people maybe.

They’d avoid decapitation, but the door situation still isn’t great.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Hey the SUV thing they made had a situation where the back doors open at random so I think we are being very unfair to Elon & co.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Jonny Nox posted:

Hey the SUV thing they made had a situation where the back doors open at random so I think we are being very unfair to Elon & co.

Anticipating the need for a quick exit.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
small innovators sit in the back

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

small innovators sit in the back

lord I'm bouta innovate all over this drat car.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
The cybertruck looks like something someone built in their shed (constantly changing their minds about the design) over the last 15 years, infuriating their wife and spending way too much money on it leading to the inevitable divorce.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 18, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

MrOnBicycle posted:

The cybertruck look like something someone built in their shed (constantly changing their minds about the design) over the last 15 years, infuriating their wife and spending way too much money on it leading to the inevitable divorce.

So it's boer Binky then?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MrOnBicycle posted:

The cybertruck look like something someone built in their shed (constantly changing their minds about the design) over the last 15 years, infuriating their wife and spending way too much money on it leading to the inevitable divorce.

And remarriage, and redivorce

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/kpme...2d836409705#t=0

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren: AISS 2023: This Wednesday 11/22 is the last day to sign up! :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Did you catch a joke probation, make a super embarrassing post complaining about it, and need some holiday cheer to get you back in the shitposting spirit?

Then sign up for Automotive Insanity's Secret Santa! Some goon will send you a random assortment of items, mostly some broken car parts, and there is an option for penis-emblazonment. I have enjoyed it so much over the years that I volunteered to pick up the mantle from slothrop and organize it for 2023. So come on down and spread the holiday cheeks cheer!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

People that willingly do that on public roads need to have their drivers license table away forever.
That said, I could see why a bucks-down person would risk it. Tow services are some predatory motherfuckers.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Darchangel posted:

People that willingly do that on public roads need to have their drivers license table away forever.
That said, I could see why a bucks-down person would risk it. Tow services are some predatory motherfuckers.

Counterpoint, the USAA-contracted tow company once tried to convince me to drive my FiST 10 miles to the mechanic after getting into a head-on collision. (It was in a parking lot and not bad, but gently caress if I was driving my car after that. The mechanic was horrified that they pressured me to drive it.)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/frk3...fef9a7715ab#t=0

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

^^^^^^^
Goddammit!!!
I need CLOSURE!!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Oh that makes me feel nice

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
And nothing of value was lost.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren: AISS 2023: LAST CHANCE, PROCRASTINATORS! :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Bp at some stations has the pumps switched, everywhere else it's green for diesel, seen a few bps where gasoline was green and black was diesel, all on the same pump. Almost hosed my wife's car up because of it before but caught it because the nozzle is bigger.

When I drove interfacility ambulance we had that every few months from new hires or tired people. Some of our squads were diesel, others were gas. Really easy to gently caress up after a long shift and from someone dead tired or brand new.

I think there's some sort of EU standard where gasoline is green handle, diesel is black, E85 is usually blue. When leaded gas still existed it had a red handle.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Cached Money posted:

I think there's some sort of EU standard where gasoline is green handle, diesel is black, E85 is usually blue. When leaded gas still existed it had a red handle.

Yup that's how it is in Europe. Was quite surprised to hear that it's opposites in the US.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I will make it my life's mission to find the red handles. My valve seats crave it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I will make it my life's mission to find the red handles. My valve seats crave it.

If you just mean the red plastic covering over the gas pump noozles, come to Canada and find a Petro Canada station.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
There's avgas...

Years ago at a tuning shop job we had a couple of guys get accessport maps for 100LL because they could just fill up on base.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

jamal posted:

There's avgas...

Years ago at a tuning shop job we had a couple of guys get accessport maps for 100LL because they could just fill up on base.

i had a class mate of mine give me a free tank of "gas" from his dad's fuel drums damned near 30 years ago now and it turned out to be leaded avgas that my 240DL did not know how to deal with. the thing sputtered and puttered through the whole tank and then i had to replace the plugs afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

jamal posted:

There's avgas...

Avgas doesn't actually atomize as well as mogas, so you really do need to be tuned for it. You can't just throw it in and expect to go fast because it has a lower vapor pressure to prevent fuel lines vapor locking at 30k+ feet.