Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Big Mac posted:

Anyone have a gauge on $/lb of a Kirkland frozen turkey? There's a million turkey deals out there and I'm looking at getting at least two this year. One to eat for the holiday, and one to have for cheap poultry.
Do they have anything besides whole birds, also? I always lament that I can't get chicken quarters there, but I'm hopeful for turkey legs or breasts on bone.

I also want a run down on turkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was pleasantly surprised with Aldi's instant coffee. It was also like $1.79 or something ridiculously cheap.

Costco sells Chock Full o' Nuts, Aldi's should sell Aldeez Nuts

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Nice to see all 4 eeveelutions represented

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Sam's Club got rid of Eggo Waffles. They did it, the mad bastards finally leggo'd my Eggos, and now my life is in pieces. Does Costco have Eggos?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

All You Can Eat posted:

Sam's Club got rid of Eggo Waffles. They did it, the mad bastards finally leggo'd my Eggos, and now my life is in pieces. Does Costco have Eggos?

Yeah, my kids got sick of them

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
My kids wail for Eggos. They are hungry, but I can't break the news to them, the words won't leave my mouth and I choke on them. All I have are Eggon't

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
does costco have eggos... appalling that youd even have to ask

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

All You Can Eat posted:

I was just at costco and had a free sample of eggo. It was like a quarter of an eggo disc with kirksig maple syrup.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All You Can Eat posted:

Costco has nothing for you.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My kid is made of Eggos, string cheese and strawberries so I'm very thankful for Costco.

I still think about the knowing look I shared with a random mom, as she saw me pushing my kid around and put 2 packages of string cheese into my cart since apparently 50 cheeses isn't enough.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pro move for parking: near a cart thing. Who cares how far out you are if you're next to a cart thing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Mac posted:

The Costco parking lots are hampered by the quick turnover, combined with the general obsession with finding THE CLOSEST spot. I don't know why, but I do it too when I'm there. Every other grocery store, I just pick the first acceptable spot. Basically the amount of cars in each aisle is overwhelming when it'd be better if everyone just parked.

The day that I am too fat to walk from the opposite side of the parking lot to the entrance of costco is the day you put me in the grave. Ditto get whatever opens up first, the walk ain't gonna kill you.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Mustached Demon posted:

Pro move for parking: near a cart thing. Who cares how far out you are if you're next to a cart thing.

This is the one true way.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

God, those fuckin chocolate coconut almonds that are on sale are too good

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm gonna go to Costco tomorrow and buy some stuff and maybe do some Christmas shopping. Those $75 for $100 of gift cards packs are a real godsend this time of year.

E: went to the Aldi near me today and the instant coffee was like $3.79. Sucks but it's still cheaper than any other grocery store afaik.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

There’s a Costco grand opening near me tomorrow. Is that something worth going to? Do they usually have any special deals or anything?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

FishBowlRobot posted:

There’s a Costco grand opening near me tomorrow. Is that something worth going to? Do they usually have any special deals or anything?

$1.50 dogs

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

is topo chico even flavored

I had it once and just remember it being like mineral water

I saw flavored topo in Texas a couple years ago. Its owned by Coca Cola now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
One of my favorite restaurants in town started selling gift cards at Costco. $80 for $100 in gift card credit, but the kicker is that the restaurant charges a credit card fee for transactions which you skip if you use a gift card. So in reality this is a solid ~25% off if we add in the Costco rewards. I would have been losing money NOT buying one of these.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FishBowlRobot posted:

They handed out tiny Costco carts when the one by me opened up a year-ish ago.

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023
How do I stop buying stuff I don't need every time I go in for a hotdog and a chicken bake? I'm running out of money here

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Gawr Gooner posted:

How do I stop buying stuff I don't need every time I go in for a hotdog and a chicken bake? I'm running out of money here

What are some examples of stuff you don't need

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yesterday I saw a container of lemon bars that was $6 and I couldn't help myself.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gawr Gooner posted:

The only true way is to cancel your membership. And since that is not an option, you're going to have to do something else, like stop eating or giving away one of your children. Anything to keep costs down so you can continue to shop at Costco.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Gawr Gooner posted:

Yesterday I saw a container of lemon bars that was $6 and I couldn't help myself.

You need that

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023
Oh no

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah so I can buy them instead

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Gawr Gooner posted:

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying of obesity

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I stopped in to resupply on croissants, work candy, and gas, so I scoped out the turkey situation.
All fresh, no frozen options. $.99/lb for name brand non-organic. I can't remember what the organic brand was, but it was $3.49/lb.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mac posted:

I stopped in to resupply on croissants, work candy, and gas, so I scoped out the turkey situation.
All fresh, no frozen options. $.99/lb for name brand non-organic. I can't remember what the organic brand was, but it was $3.49/lb.

They should rename organic to moranic, because if you pay extra for that you need to get a brain, morans

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czjem5Tpyt9

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
costco is the closest thing we have to community

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

thathonkey posted:

Costco means community

And community means no deals left behind

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

They should rename organic to moranic, because if you pay extra for that you need to get a brain, morans

If "grass fed" for beef and "free range" for chicken certifications are included alongside the word organic then its fine to pay more. Can definitely taste the difference imo

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Would that one day congregants will not suffer the penance of Costco.com

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

thathonkey posted:

:vince:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

StormDrain posted:

Maybe go ask the Sam's club thread, loser.

lsculpt23
Aug 3, 2022

SirPablo posted:

As cool as church is, the most pathetic job is trying to sell water heaters to people walking out the door.

I was at the water filtration kiosk for eight months when I was 22. "Free home water tests." The turnover was insane. My manager and every other coworker aside from one quit before I did. Last day I clocked in from the store phone, went to the fast food restaurant in the parking lot and watched TV on my laptop for 6 hours, then called in to say I got no leads and was clocking out. If the salesman closed an $8500 sale based on a lead I generated it was worth a $50 commission to me. Insanity. The actual employees pity you.

lsculpt23 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If "grass fed" for beef and "free range" for chicken certifications are included alongside the word organic then its fine to pay more. Can definitely taste the difference imo

All these fuckers cheat, like for grass fed they put "grain [corn] finished" in fine print, and in the US "free range" until pretty recently was some self-reported honor system thing with no rules on how long or how much space. Now the FDA is allegedly examining it more closely, but who loving knows. The FDA let labels say "uncured no nitrites" when it's really "uncured? no, nitrites!" so yeah I don't trust them not to fail Americans again and again.