Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Zwille posted:

Das Konzept Race gibt’s im deutschen nicht, ergo kein Rassismus. QED

are you saying there are no Rennen in Germany?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Auf der Autobahn herrscht Krieg

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Tempolimit is a verfassungsfeindliche Kennzeichen of the Hamas Terrorists now, Anzeige ist raus.

A good thing we have Liberalen in Deutschland, theye'll make sure our values will be defended!

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik...n-10769047.html

I like Greta's new look

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 13, 2023

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger! Nooooooooooooooo°°°°

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
It's so nice to see that even unruly teenagers like the taz can grow up to become a staatstragendes Newspaper

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
In Germany, we call this Die Grünen

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/deutschland/innenpolitik/id_100280390/ricarda-lang-ueber-greta-thunberg-absolut-unanstaendig-.html

quote:

"Greta Thunberg missbraucht an dieser Stelle das absolut notwendige und richtige Anliegen des Klimaschutzes für eine einseitige Position zum Israel-Palästina-Konflikt", sagte Lang auf einer Pressekonferenz. "Sie hat sich als Gesicht der Klimabewegung durch diese Aussagen diskreditiert."

Die Grünen-Chefin kritisierte, Thunberg benenne die Täter nicht, verurteile "die absoluten Gräueltaten der Hamas" nicht und wische das Existenzrecht Israels beiseite. Man könne fast sagen, dass sie damit Täter und Opfer vertausche. "Ich muss sagen, ich finde diese Äußerungen nicht nur bedrückend, sondern absolut unanständig."

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Spice World War II posted:

It's so nice to see that even unruly teenagers like the taz can grow up to become a staatstragendes Newspaper

You know someone, somewhere was sitting on that headline for the better part of a decade, just waiting.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Die Grünen-Chefin kritisierte, Thunberg benenne die Täter nicht, verurteile "die absoluten Gräueltaten der Hamas" nicht und wische das Existenzrecht Israels beiseite.

loving lmao

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goddamn, this demon cracker nation is rotten to the core

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

nawilo_420 posted:

Die Grünen-Chefin kritisierte, Thunberg benenne die Täter nicht, verurteile "die absoluten Gräueltaten der Hamas" nicht und wische das Existenzrecht Israels beiseite.

loving lmao

Excuse me, mods, do you really think the red hamas triangle is an acceptable avatar just because it is rotated by 90°, especially in this thread of Erinnerungskultur

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Drone posted:

You know someone, somewhere was sitting on that headline for the better part of a decade, just waiting.

they probably have a wiki or something where its like

📁 $person
L📁 Nachruf
L📁 puns for when they screw up
L📁 puns for when they kill it

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Zwille posted:

they probably have a wiki or something where its like

📁 $person
L📁 Nachruf
L📁 puns for when they screw up
L📁 puns for when they kill it

ngl if I could just make this my profession I would do it in a heartbeat :dadjoke:

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I'm sorry to say this but die Punzreplik Deutschland has to be immediately be put under UN mandatory administration because clearly trusting Germans with their own state was a mistake

https://twitter.com/zeitonline/status/1724020546336064000

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm sorry to say this but die Punzreplik Deutschland has to be immediately be put under UN mandatory administration because clearly trusting Germans with their own state was a mistake

https://twitter.com/zeitonline/status/1724020546336064000

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I still can't decide whether all the brains broke due to Covid isolation or whether we simply reached critical broke-brain mass and Covid was at the same time purely by coincidence.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mano posted:

are you saying there are no Rennen in Germany?

Well, there's one that races and wars

https://www.german-racewars.com/

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, there's one that races and wars

https://www.german-racewars.com/

Thüringen, of course.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Hopper posted:

I still can't decide whether all the brains broke due to Covid isolation or whether we simply reached critical broke-brain mass and Covid was at the same time purely by coincidence.
No brains broke at all. It’s simply that the mainstream consensus (not just in Germany) is at a fundamentally different spot from the opinions of a number of people in this thread.

Case in point: Habeck's appeal against anti-Semitism viewed more than 42 million times (translated via DeepL):

quote:

Federal Economics Minister Robert Habeck was celebrated across party lines for his speech on the Hamas massacre and anti-Semitism in Germany. His office has now published details of the video's reach.

For observers, the video is one of the most important critical contributions to the growing anti-Semitism in Germany to date, and for the author himself a kind of liberation after months of political crisis: Robert Habeck has reached millions of people with his clearly pro-Israeli position on the Hamas terror attack.

As Habeck's Federal Ministry of Economics has now announced, the video has recorded more than 42 million views as of last Sunday (November 12). The figures apparently relate to views on various platforms and social media.

The video has been commented on more than 43,000 times, as the Ministry of Economic Affairs announced in response to an inquiry from the Düsseldorf newspaper "Rheinische Post".

On the platform X (formerly Twitter) alone, the German version of the video received eleven million views, while a version uploaded shortly afterwards with subtitles in English, Hebrew and Arabic received a further 17 million views. The speech was also published on Facebook and YouTube.

Habeck criticized anti-Semitism "in parts of the political left"

In the video from early November, Habeck expressed concern about growing anti-Semitism in Germany in light of the Middle East conflict. In addition to anti-Semitism among Islamists and right-wing extremists, he was also concerned about anti-Semitism "in parts of the political left", said the Economics Minister.

This is "unfortunately also the case with young activists". Habeck also called on Muslims living in Germany and their associations to "clearly distance themselves from anti-Semitism".

Praise from the opposition

Representatives of Israel and Jewish life in Germany subsequently praised Habeck. Israel's ambassador to Germany, Ron Prosor, told the "Tagesspiegel" newspaper: "Thank you for the right words at the right time." Shlomo Bistritzky, regional rabbi in Hamburg, wrote on X (formerly Twitter): "Thank you again, dear Minister Habeck, we will stay here in Germany."

There was also support from the opposition. The deputy chairwoman of the CDU, Karin Prien, wrote on X: "A strong, necessary appearance." And even the "Bild" newspaper, which had massively criticized Habeck for his policies on the energy transition and his heating law, praised the minister and called the speech "historic".

Improved poll ratings for Habeck

Habeck has improved his approval ratings among the population since the summer. In the ZDF "Politbarometer" published last Friday, Defense Minister Boris Pistorius (SPD) was in the lead. He is followed by CSU leader Markus Söder and Habeck, who has made a significant leap forward in the ranking according to ZDF.
Reading only this thread you would have gotten the impression that it was a terrible speech hated and criticized all over, when the opposite is the case.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Not sure the mainstream consensus outside of media handwringing cares a lot about how much anti-semitism is in leftwing politics? Also getting praise from Bild should be a red flag lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Getting praise from the Israeli ambassador, the CDU and BILD, leftishly.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The other thing is that there are no important news for anybody included there.

Everybody who cares about what happens in Palestine knows about what is happening there since the 80s and knows about German politicians dumb opinions about Israel since the 80s.
There are also a lot of people who don't care, and will continue to not care.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

So in our Altstadt, we have Kopfsteine with the names of the Jewish townspeople that were deported under Adolf. My boomer mom reported proudly how she and some friends polished those Kopfsteine up, so you could “eat off of them”.

When you value tombstones for white people that have been dead almost a century more than the lives of brown children in the present.

And to top it off, we’re just eingebürgert and my great grandfather died in Auschwitz. So there’s zero virtue-signaling, it’s racism all the way down.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

DTurtle posted:

No brains broke at all. It’s simply that the mainstream consensus (not just in Germany) is at a fundamentally different spot from the opinions of a number of people in this thread.

the "mainstream consensus" outside of germany is absolutely not much different from the opinions in this thread lol. there was a protest in london with at least 300.000 (!) people marching in support of the "opinions" in this thread. and that's just one example.

it is really only in germany that the brains are broken on this scale, and it is fascinating to see that every single leftist (party) in the whole world is calling for israel to stop murdering children for a minute... except for in germany, where the left blindly supports Israel. im still waiting for the german "left" to have a bit of perspective and arrive at a "are we the baddies?" moment, but im not holding much hope. maybe getting the unwavering support of Bild and the CDU will make them question some things, but i doubt it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

what's up my hamfis

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

nawilo_420 posted:

the "mainstream consensus" outside of germany is absolutely not much different from the opinions in this thread lol. there was a protest in london with at least 300.000 (!) people marching in support of the "opinions" in this thread. and that's just one example.

it is really only in germany that the brains are broken on this scale, and it is fascinating to see that every single leftist (party) in the whole world is calling for israel to stop murdering children for a minute... except for in germany, where the left blindly supports Israel. im still waiting for the german "left" to have a bit of perspective and arrive at a "are we the baddies?" moment, but im not holding much hope. maybe getting the unwavering support of Bild and the CDU will make them question some things, but i doubt it.

Don't worry, our foremost living philosopher and social theorist (no, not Richard David Precht) has released a statement. This should somewhat balance our lopsided german discourse!

https://www.normativeorders.net/2023/grundsatze-der-solidaritat/

Oh no, oh no no no...

Worry not, we are still #1 in cancelling horrible anti-semitism!

https://twitter.com/tracyfuad/status/1724326451464266218?s=20

A rightfully upset German citizen has posted the proof in the thread, look at this horrible antisemitism!

https://twitter.com/diesjenesdas/status/1724367890420285844?s=20

It is just sad that some jino's will go to the length of giving interviews to Feindsender like the guardian about it

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/13/germany-jewish-criticise-israel-tv-debate

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Think there was what looked like a brief liberal intermezzo under Schröder and Merkel due vor allem to the export boom and Merkel's Mitte strat and now we're basically back in the atmosphere of the Asylkompromiss 1993. If 2015 happened today they'd def break out the Knüppel

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Währenddessen

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Grünen. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Währenddessen

Oha! Is this Spice World War II's Twitter-account?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Libluini posted:

Oha! Is this Spice World War II's Twitter-account?

As we all know, every accusation is a confession!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's mine actually, glad you like it

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
In other news, at least Die Grünen are free to implement climate policy in this Ampelcoalition so that we can hold the 2°, because surely the FDP would never sabotage anything and the SPD would never verrat anything

https://www.noz.de/lebenswelten/bauen-eigentum/artikel/exklusiv-ampel-foerder-holzpellet-heizung-genauso-wie-waermepumpe-45923211

Oh well, at least once all of the old growth forests in Eastern Europe have been pelleted we won't have any problems with dead environmental protectors there anymore!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Look, we can either let nature burn those forests itself, with absolute no benefit to humans or, heavens forbid, unseren Wohlstand, or we can burn it ourselves to keep poor old oma gisela warm and snug in her 150sqm house. Do you know how much it costs to heat that to 23 degrees?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

It is just sad that some jino's will go to the length of giving interviews to Feindsender like the guardian about it

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/13/germany-jewish-criticise-israel-tv-debate

Now that you mention Deborah Feldman: everyone should watch this heartbreaking and incredible moving clip of her addressing (on Markus Lanz lol) Habeck's hypocrisy when it comes to Jews and Germany's discourse around the conflict:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzLoxdwMq1d/?igshid=Y2NkYjk0MDhjYg==

For those of you who don't know her, she is the (Jewish American) author of Unorthodox who is now living in Berlin.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Hi Germany thread I am visiting the Heimat after a couple years of self imposed US exile and I'm noticing no one here is wearing any masks. Did y'all eradicate COVID already or what is going on?

After catching up on the thread I'm going to try not to get into any political discussions with the family because whew it's sure looking political here these days.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Vanadium posted:

Hi Germany thread I am visiting the Heimat after a couple years of self imposed US exile and I'm noticing no one here is wearing any masks. Did y'all eradicate COVID already or what is going on?

After catching up on the thread I'm going to try not to get into any political discussions with the family because whew it's sure looking political here these days.

Covid is over, haven’t you heard??

Doctors/hospitals will ask you to wear a mask when you show signs of covid, but everywhere else it is pretty much “Eigenverantwortung” and that works exactly as well as you have witnessed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Vanadium posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Ever since Omicron became became prevalent and didn't really do a lot. In the summer there were barely any cases at all. Now there are some cases this fall. My sister and mother were mildly hit this year, but the numbers are only like 10% of what they were last year and there hasn't been a harsh spike in a while.
An hour ago, I was at the hospital and covid isn't a huge issue anymore.
It might show up again at some point, but it honestly feels like all the natural and artificial vaccination had a significant impact.

Personally, I feel really safe nowadays. Getting knocked out by a disease for a week would suck, but it's not may worst fear by far.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 15, 2023

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Not sure about Germany, but down here numbers have been on a slow but relentless march upwards since July, basically.

Same for Hospital numbers:

The general idea seems to be that we'll just face tank the next wave. The new vaccines are available and free, but there seems to be very little push to get people to take it and finding a Hausartzt who even carries them was a bit of a pain.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 15, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I actually checked the RKI yesterday, and it was 40/60 nu-SARS and Rhinovirus in their surveillance data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

For better or worse, most people (self included) are content to play the odds at this point. I wore an N95 any time I was out in public for the early variants but the dominant ones now don't seem to be as much to worry about, looking at stats, and from what I hear anecdotally within my social circle. Omicron got me early on following its appearance and it was one bad day and a week of feeling meh. Not really something I'm going to worry about more than regular old flu or the myriad other respiratory things going around this time of year. I'll certainly get any new rounds of vaccines available, but that's about it unless some nasty new mutation shows up.