Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gradenko_2000 posted:

Israel has been trying the "Hamas is ISIS" line since the first week after 10/7

it makes zero sense if you know anything about these respective groups, but it's basically going off the Western image of ISIS as "these dudes are so brutal that they behead anyone they want" and then saying Hamas is even worse than that.

Its just code for Crazy brown muslamics that they used in the same way for al qaeda and taliban

Its a stance that belies that they want no nuance in analysis or examination of statements and facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvQn7ZzGWQ

just look at the look of defeat, sadness and despair of Benny 'Droopy' Gantz, he loving knows he's loving cooked.

self-awareness is a hell of a curse for these people

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Al-Saqr posted:

His body language is full of shame and disgrace, and he wipes his nose several times in a lowly manner. ⁧‫

Lmao get em

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Palestinian Islamic Jihad CAPTURED an israeli SkyLark drone

====

Al-Quds Brigades: We shot down an Israeli “Skylark” drone and took control of it

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1724748237985239225?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

palestines gonna loving win

Elbit systems? more like Al-Bitch systems!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That's just his Shooting & Crying gland acting up

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

quote:

8m ago (11:20 GMT)

‘No sanctuary’ for Hamas: Gantz

Israel’s war cabinet minister Benny Gantz says Israel will hunt down Hamas leaders “in Gaza and around the world”.

“There will be no sanctuary cities, no sanctuary houses. We will go wherever we need to in order to eradicate [Hamas] above and below ground. In Gaza and around the world,” he said.

“We will reach the heads of government just as we reached the centers of government,” the former defence minister added.

they are just gonna assassinate some palestinians overseas and say they killed a buncha hamas leaders arent they

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

It's comforting to think there's a doctor claw out there you can actually take down to win the struggle when you're a colonial troop. It's not that you are oppressing a people and this can only end with your retreat or death. No, it's the devilish plans of some villain. The US has been trotting out supposed grand leader of this or the mastermind of that for 20+ years of the GWoT and somehow there's always another.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

It’s amazing how durable the myth of the ultimate enemy stronghold has been in American military misadventures

The us was obsessed with the concept of a north Vietnamese bamboo pentagon over the Cambodian border

Of course there is the famous original osamas mountain fortress

Now the Israelis are doing the worst poo poo imaginable because they are under the impression that guerilla fighters need some kind of centralized analogue to an imperialist war room

Idiot brain thinking

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Sorry but having been reading this thread after getting exhausted with D&D dipshits what is "burgerposting"

e: gotcha, thanks for the answers!

Criminal Minded has issued a correction as of 12:54 on Nov 15, 2023

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Criminal Minded posted:

Sorry but having been reading this thread after getting exhausted with D&D dipshits what is "burgerposting"

Politics focused specifically on the US and what the people in the US are doing and how they're feeling, with minimal relation to the conflict

Think like "oh, Genocide Joe's approval rating has dropped 5%!" stuff. That goes in the Succ thread. If it's more along the lines of "US State Department says that the blood of Palestinian children makes for great moisturizer" then that goes here

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Criminal Minded posted:

4. No hamburger brained posting. This is tough to define but some examples would be: chat about nukes, invading Iran, chuds, trump, doing a draft, or other stuff that focuses more on american electoral junk than the ongoing plight of the Palestinian people. Anything that looks like burger people imagining ways the suffering of palestine will affect them personally will be annihilated.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Marenghi posted:

https://x.com/IBJIYONGI/status/1724413302002856035?s=20

An IDF soldier who was killed while attending the desert rave, wasn't allowed to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.
The upside to this is that the Israeli government plans to expedite conversions for those serving in the IDF. Service will guarantee Jewishness.

iof soldiers don’t deserve to be buried in any cemetery at all, leave their charred remains in the streets

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Criminal Minded posted:

Chinatown posted:

The US had 20+ years refining every possible logistic and tactical/logistic network for two wars that were on the other side of the globe. Along with an unparalleled military-industrial complex and spending.

gently caress teh DOD but they have the experience and money to actually know how to do combined arms operations, AND supply their forces on the other side of the world.

Russia just invaded Ukraine with basically a mob that they called an army and they forgot food, and fuel, and morale, and basically everything else other than flesh to get shredded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Comrade Koba posted:

iof soldiers don’t deserve to be buried in any cemetery at all, leave their charred remains in the streets

this would be a public health threat and the Israelis have hosed up Palestine enough already

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Koba posted:

that's unsanitary, foibe were invented for a reason

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
code:
https://twitter.com/oldmantelegram/status/1724574915485995372

quote:

quote:

Why does the IDF have a sperm retrieval unit instead of just making sure that each IDF soldier explodes into a cup before they leave training? Like wouldn’t that save money in the long run

You're not going to like the real answer. The real answer is because [...] they need to orgasm as they die if they're going to transmit their soul into a recepticle

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Marenghi posted:

An IDF soldier who was killed while attending the desert rave, wasn't allowed to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.
The upside to this is that the Israeli government plans to expedite conversions for those serving in the IDF. Service will guarantee Jewishness.

Good. Incomplete conversion to Judaism = still Orthodox, God be praised.

These loving Russians and Boers that go to Israel for free real estate are really something. That they're willing to become Jews for it, idk doesn't seem great.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Nov 15, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
I've been unable to find the source for this (supposedly recent) image but it's pissing me the gently caress off so I'm posting it anyways:

zionism.jpg

Seriously there's so much wrong here what the gently caress :psyboom:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

I've been unable to find the source for this (supposedly recent) image but it's pissing me the gently caress off so I'm posting it anyways:

zionism.jpg

Seriously there's so much wrong here what the gently caress :psyboom:

I'm not familiar with what's going on can you explain?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

First of all, the soldier is pointing a goddamn combat knife at a Torah scroll.
Second, I belive he's trying to emulate a Yad ("hand"), this little metal finger used by rabbis when reading from scrolls to avoid touching them directly, because they're sacred.

But this guy is just touching it anyways!

Also, though I couldn't confirm it, this picture is supposedly of soldiers taking a prayer break inside Gaza. You don't bring a Torah scroll to a loving combat zone!

"And if you will make Me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone; for if you lift up your tool upon it, you will have profaned it."

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 13:29 on Nov 15, 2023

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Reading aloud passages from the torah, but instead of tracing along with your finger it's a knife because you're a manly idf soldier or something, maybe?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

First of all, the soldier is pointing a goddamn combat knife at a Torah scroll.
Second, I belive he's trying to emulate a Yad ("hand"), this little metal finger used by rabbis when reading from scrolls to avoid touching them directly, because they're sacred.

But this guy is just touching it anyways!

Also, though I couldn't confirm it, this picture is supposedly of soldiers taking a prayer break inside Gaza. You don't bring a Torah scroll to a loving combat zone!

huh I never knew you werent allowed to touch torah scrolls, also the word for hand 'Yad' is the exact same word in arabic too, interesting!

is scroll touching like the Quran where you have to respect the book/scroll itself and handle with care?

Also do you think I can make some money by painting those miniature hands on commission like I paint warhammer minis? lol.

I should call up some jewish friends in america and investigate this....

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Welcome to the club :(

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

getting real self conscious about the way i wipe mynose

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

huh I never knew you werent allowed to touch torah scrolls, also the word for hand 'Yad' is the exact same word in arabic too, interesting!

is scroll touching like the Quran where you have to respect the book/scroll itself and handle with care?

Also do you think I can make some money by painting those miniature hands on commission like I paint warhammer minis? lol.

I should call up some jewish friends in america and investigate this....

Hebrew and Arabic are both semitic languages, they probably have a bunch of similarities. That is, the ORIGINAL Hebrew language present in the Torah, not the new Hebrew words created during the language's revival by zionists because they were weird and wanted to replace Yiddish and RETVRN to being Israelite warriors or some nerd poo poo like that. The new Hebrew vocabulary instead draws heavily from European languages.

And yeah, you're meant to treat the scrolls with care. You only touch the wooden things and cover up the scroll itself when not reading and keep it in a special closet in the synagogue.

E: to clarify, Hebrew never stopped existing in Jewish communities, it was just reserved for prayers and reading scripture. Zionists revived it as an everyday language and added a ton of new words to make this possible.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Nov 15, 2023

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if israel kills thousands of people in a hospital at least a couple of them are statistically likely to be hamas therefore this conduct is permissible

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I'm at the hamaspital but bin laden isn't here. What the hell

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

double nine posted:

so are they doing that thing the americans did in Vietnam where they assume there's a single Pentagon-esque command center that can be destroyed to knock out the entire military logistics of Hamas?

cause that's monumentally stupid. And hilariously plausible

plus they dont even have a way to deal with the tunnels anyway.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

double nine posted:

so are they doing that thing the americans did in Vietnam where they assume there's a single Pentagon-esque command center that can be destroyed to knock out the entire military logistics of Hamas?

It really feels like the IDFs propaganda strategy is a Nigerian prince scam.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Marenghi posted:

would be much easier if they do what the mormons do and baptize the dead

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Where do they go from here? Hospital to hospital? Just roaming around and killing as many civilians as possible before their state collapses?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Honky Mao posted:

Where do they go from here? Hospital to hospital? Just roaming around and killing as many civilians as possible before their state collapses?

yeah much in the same as ss squads were killing any germans they could find in the last days of the war

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Im the neutral protester

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

double nine posted:

from James William Gibson's "Technowar in Vietnam"

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

eh, neuromancer was better

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The intention of this operation is to leave as much of Gaza in ruins as possible, refuse to allow them to rebuild, and give the population the "choice" to either live in a 24/7 humanitarian crisis or be forcibly resettled. They will try to argue that Egypt, Jordan, et al are the real bad guys for not taking in refugees. The hospital is a photo op, giving them an opportunity to claim they eliminated a super double secret Hamas fortress and say "job well done" before getting the gently caress out. They want none of this smoke - they haven't the stomach or even the military capability for a ground occupation.

The only question is whether the liberals make the Surprised Pikachu face when it becomes impossible for even the most credulous idiot to act like this isn't happening, or if they'll just try to change the subject to, I dunno, Ukraine or some poo poo.

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 14:31 on Nov 15, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

I like how the last page rambles off about McCain and I can just finish the sentences in my head.

"He was known as the "Big Red Arrow Man" because his maps invariably..."

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

maruhkati posted:

The intention of this operation is to leave as much of Gaza in ruins as possible, refuse to allow them to rebuild, and give the population the "choice" to either live in a 24/7 humanitarian crisis or be forcibly resettled. They will try to argue that Egypt, Jordan, et al are the real bad guys for not taking in refugees. The hospital is a photo op, giving them an opportunity to claim they eliminated a super double secret Hamas fortress and say "job well done" before getting the gently caress out. They want none of this smoke - they haven't the stomach or even the military capability for a ground occupation.

The only question is whether the liberals make the Surprised Pikachu face when it becomes impossible for even the most credulous idiot to act like this isn't happening, or if they'll just try to change the subject to, I dunno, Ukraine or some poo poo.

they will change the subject liberals are worthless creatures

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/fox5dc/status/1724635065852801528

the silver line runs directly from dulles to where the march was lmao. how loving lazy were the 600 that walking the 5 extra minutes to the metro station was out of the question

The type of people who wpuld go to this rally would never use public transportation because they think the cities are like the Death Wish movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

israelis planting the flag of 'victory' over dead incubator babies

https://x.com/khaberni/status/1724766569312452835?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

they have failed every military and political objective they had and like the dickless coward nazis they are they think planting a flag over dead babies won them anything.

loving cowards. america and israel are loving nazi cowards.