Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Disaster Report: Jimmy Olson sounds like a kick rear end game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DCeased Rising

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_BBiFfZy4

I don't see much different from the reveal a few months ago?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Azubah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_BBiFfZy4

I don't see much different from the reveal a few months ago?

The one thing I noted is that enemies looked a lot squishier, more like standard shooter enemies than GaaS enemies. That was actually one of the big complaints about the first trailer so they may have indeed just revamped enemy health.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The important question is: Are enemies still Batman-infused?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Looks like they're still doing season pass nonsense for this game. I want to look forward to it because I think the traversal and the shooting looks like it could be fun, but I would rather not bother with a single-player game that's constantly trying to nickle-and-dime me.

I was really hoping that they were using the extra time after the delay to rip the Games as a Service stuff out of the game. No such luck, it seems. :sigh:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Battle pass token seems ominous

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I worry that the selling point of the game is "you can't get these skins in Fortnite!"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Battle pass token seems ominous

I think it just means the deluxe edition comes with the first season’s season pass

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Buy now and get No Colors

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Lobok posted:

I worry that the selling point of the game is "you can't get these skins in Fortnite!"

You can get 2 of those characters in fortnite

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mr Hootington posted:

You can get 2 of those characters in fortnite

But the specific costumes? King Shark wearing a Superman outfit and... well, that's the only one that stands out.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Endless Mike posted:

The important question is: Are enemies still Batman-infused?

You know, I've been looking at "Batman-infused" for so long, but never really thought about it.

But something that might actually be interesting to explore would be if there were legions of also-rans, fanatical devotees of these heroes who would willingly throw themselves into the thresher "For the greater good". An army of Batmen, dressed up in dollar store costumes and hockey pads. A river of racers in red body suits on rollerblades. A convention center of cosplayers, equipped with slinging tiaras and braceleted backhands. But still everyday people. Sure, the heroes would never actually put civilians directly in harm's way. But under the influence of mind control, who can say what would be truly off the table.

The devs have come out and said "There are no civilians. Brainiac has either killed them, or corrupted them into his soldiers." Well, fine, but have you no flair? If I can't tell the drone under Batman's watch from the drone assisting the Flash visually, then there may as well be no distinction, and the Batman infusion is meaningless. Why bother giving any kind of flavor at all?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

omg chael crash posted:

I think it just means the deluxe edition comes with the first season’s season pass

Probably, but nonetheless the term "1 BattlePass Token*" is very scary

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

You know, I've been looking at "Batman-infused" for so long, but never really thought about it.

But something that might actually be interesting to explore would be if there were legions of also-rans, fanatical devotees of these heroes who would willingly throw themselves into the thresher "For the greater good". An army of Batmen, dressed up in dollar store costumes and hockey pads. A river of racers in red body suits on rollerblades. A convention center of cosplayers, equipped with slinging tiaras and braceleted backhands. But still everyday people. Sure, the heroes would never actually put civilians directly in harm's way. But under the influence of mind control, who can say what would be truly off the table.

The devs have come out and said "There are no civilians. Brainiac has either killed them, or corrupted them into his soldiers." Well, fine, but have you no flair? If I can't tell the drone under Batman's watch from the drone assisting the Flash visually, then there may as well be no distinction, and the Batman infusion is meaningless. Why bother giving any kind of flavor at all?

Am I just ignoring a game genre all about it or are there just not many games about AI infighting?* Would be great to see Batman-infused enemies fighting off Brainac enemies and you can actually jump into the fray to pick a side and not immediately get targeted by every single enemy.

*I mean besides like Civilization or an RTS that has more than two factions in a mission.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
At the very least Spider-man games have it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah still looks like poo poo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah, at a certain point they all have criminals fighting some PMC that's been allowed to take over the city so that the NYPD isn't portrayed as being bad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's so story-reliant that I kinda feel like it doesn't exactly hit what I'm looking for for some reason.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bethesda games do it sometimes

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

CzarChasm posted:

Ah, Gotham City Imposters.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

RareAcumen posted:

It's so story-reliant that I kinda feel like it doesn't exactly hit what I'm looking for for some reason.

When you arrive at the random crimes you can hit up sometimes the other Spider-man is there and assists you. Sometimes he'll be there first, sometimes he shows up after (in my experience anyways) it was a pretty cool addition, even if the "team specials" are a little out of alignment sometimes hah

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

When you arrive at the random crimes you can hit up sometimes the other Spider-man is there and assists you. Sometimes he'll be there first, sometimes he shows up after (in my experience anyways) it was a pretty cool addition, even if the "team specials" are a little out of alignment sometimes hah

And after Miles/Peter or the others that show up randomly Wraith and Harry, pre-Venom there's an interaction with them after the fight. With Spider-Mans they do the pointing Spider-Man meme

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Comfortador posted:

That's cool, I was mostly thinking like hostile factions starting fights independent of you. I briefly tried out Monster Hunter World and dropped it but randomly the monsters would just fight each other and that was cool, and you can also hack and make machines do the same. Stuff like that along with two patrolling groups happening to cross paths and start fighting is more what I'm looking for.

(I've only played the first Spider-Man and Miles Morales so that's what I'm basing it on) The fights in here aren't especially interesting since they're just shooting at each other and nobody ever makes any progress.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Picked up Midnight Suns for 20 bucks and enjoying it so far. Not completely sold on the combat systems yet, but I went fishing with Blade and learned about his Alaskan vacation so I'm onboard for the rest of it.

The DLCs aren't on sale, which sucks because I wouldn't mind grabbing Storm and Venom but that would cost more than the actual game. Are the DLCs actually worth 15 bucks a pop? I kinda doubt it because the descriptions sound like it's just a character with some skins and a bonus mission.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crowetron posted:

Picked up Midnight Suns for 20 bucks and enjoying it so far. Not completely sold on the combat systems yet, but I went fishing with Blade and learned about his Alaskan vacation so I'm onboard for the rest of it.

The DLCs aren't on sale, which sucks because I wouldn't mind grabbing Storm and Venom but that would cost more than the actual game. Are the DLCs actually worth 15 bucks a pop? I kinda doubt it because the descriptions sound like it's just a character with some skins and a bonus mission.

3 missions each plus an epilogue mission when you're done all the dlc stuff. I'd say worth it if you're enjoying the main game, the new characters are all pretty fun to play

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Enemy VS Enemy fights in game are generally kind of lame, with a few exceptions, like in Monster Hunter, where it's loving awesome

The fact that it's so awesome but generally so poorly executed makes me wonder if it's incredibly hard on a technical level

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Opopanax posted:

3 missions each plus an epilogue mission when you're done all the dlc stuff. I'd say worth it if you're enjoying the main game, the new characters are all pretty fun to play

The only one I'd wait on maybe is Deadpool and not because it's not funny because that mileage varies but more I think his card set is very fiddly.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess arkane is making a blade game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

blade in Paris, no less

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Still a ways off but could be cool, even if it’s unfortunate for Arkane to announce another vampire game the same year as Redfall. Third-person confirmed

https://youtu.be/basLDO2bj2k?si=5OeWdhk4yi3EiDaP

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dishonored but you're Blade sounds pretty damned good to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay we have Green Lantern in a AAA game. Even as a villain, we should really be able to incorporate his fantastic powers in a unique wayGIVE HIM A GUUUUUUUUUN

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay we have Green Lantern in a AAA game. Even as a villain, we should really be able to incorporate his fantastic powers in a unique wayGIVE HIM A GUUUUUUUUUN

To be slightly fair it's John Stewart who the loving comics have made The Gun Guy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

To be slightly fair it's John Stewart who the loving comics have made The Gun Guy.

and to be a little fair to the comics, it's the DCAU that is a little responsible for that change since they brought in his military background and eliminated his architect background, and (due to budget restrictions) only did the most basic rear end constructs with his ring.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

With Bethesda publishing the Blade game, I wonder how high the chances are of Microsoft making it Xbox only. :v:

I want to pick up an Xbox eventually anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much for me but still wondering if Marvel will force them to make it PS5 too or if they'll let them have their own Marvel game like Sony has Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Series X was 25% off recently but I skipped it as there ain’t any exclusives I care about on it yet. A Blade game, and Senua’s Saga finally coming out, would certainly change my mind, I wanna gently caress up some uphill ice skaters.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It probably will be console exclusive to Xbox, whole reason they bought all these studios. However don't forget it'll almost assuredly be on Gamepass so it'll be on PC on that as well and you can stream it too if they continue supporting that and you have a decent internet connection.

I was disappointed the rumors they were making/revealing Dishonored 3 weren't true, that was obvious as the trailer started and then through it I was like "is this Blade?". I'll play their first 3rd person game about Blade set in Paris though for sure.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

John specifically. They had him have that sniper duel with that Yellow Lantern way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently the Blade game started development after the acquisition, so it's probably at least 3 years off. That's probably why they didn't announce platforms, but it'd be funny if Disney only gave them the license if they make it multiplat.