Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mullen back to state would be funny kinda but also a good hire and I think it would work again. Turns out that was the right place for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Go noles

FSU is cool

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just spitballing, what about Nick Rolovich to Boise? Could make for some spicy Wazzu-Boise games in the PAC-Mountain Conference

Aenobarbus
Nov 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Just spitballing, what about Nick Rolovich to Boise? Could make for some spicy Wazzu-Boise games in the PAC-Mountain Conference

Someone needs to explain the thought process behind this firing. Who do they think Boise is going to get? They're not expecting Kellen Moore to come home are they?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Note the location:

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1724504155358990590

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hahaha oh poo poo. He might be a pretty good fit there. Conway to Starkville baybeeeeee

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Aenobarbus posted:

Someone needs to explain the thought process behind this firing. Who do they think Boise is going to get? They're not expecting Kellen Moore to come home are they?

avalos isn't doing great (relative to the past 20 years) and boise firmly thinks of themselves as MWC royalty, it's not a mystery

they'd like kellen moore but both sides know that he can take that job whenever he wants to and he's busy living his nfl dream; they're mostly trying to get a head start because they're at the very least competing with sdsu and probably nevada as well

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

szd said boise might rehire harsin which is such a bummer; they should try and hire brennan marion instead

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I didn't know Lynchburg even had a Mellow Mushroom. I'm surprised someone from Liberty would show up to such a sinful place.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Komet posted:

I didn't know Lynchburg even had a Mellow Mushroom. I'm surprised someone from Liberty would show up to such a sinful place.

You know they hold the football players to more relaxed standards. They even let them hang out with black people.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1724503491408732509

The rumors were inevitable

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

That's not a rumor at all, that's someone just asking him about it.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Starting a Dabo to A&M rumor on the basis of nothing at all.

E: besides it being funny

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Chieves posted:

this fit is way better than it has any right to be, which is why it's going to happen

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I've been trying to will this since the start of the season. Join me my brothers in our Dabo to College station spirit bomb.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/1724564675919016285

Chip, retire bitch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chip Kelly to SDSU who says no

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've been trying to will this since the start of the season. Join me my brothers in our Dabo to College station spirit bomb.

This has Monkey Paw written all over it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like Chip Kelly was really bad nearly the whole time at everything but recruiting. That team had some crazy talent at least that managed to win some games.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Would Chip ever join up with Brian?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Would Chip ever join up with Brian?

I feel like Chip would either retire or head to analyst life. Though let's go with the comedy option and he's the new OC for the Pats after Belichick gets real desperate to make a change.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Would Chip Kelly be a good OC somewhere or is he just dialing it in at this point?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Rick posted:

I feel like Chip Kelly was really bad nearly the whole time at everything but recruiting. That team had some crazy talent at least that managed to win some games.

I don’t think of Chip as a particularly good recruiter in recent times. UCLA got a lot of portal talent. I guess that’s also recruiting, technically.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don’t think of Chip as a particularly good recruiter in recent times. UCLA got a lot of portal talent. I guess that’s also recruiting, technically.

Yeah like I'm honestly probably giving him credit for just doing the bare minimum of getting the recruits that UCLA gets for being UCLA and he might be a little below that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was for some reason under the impression that Chip Kelly always hated recruiting and just had good assistants and/or Nike bagmen on staff at Oregon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Chieves posted:

Starting a Dabo Jim Harbaugh to A&M rumor on the basis of nothing at all.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
All criticisms of Gus aside, I do absolutely love that he's so entrenched in Orlando that I don't even feel worried whenever a job like Arkansas opens. We really lucked into that one after losing a really talented coach and then another coach to bigger schools with bigger budgets. The extra big 12 money will probably help but you really get the impression that Gus is just here to have fun and leave the stress of big booster schools behind him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Does UCLA have a full sized practice field?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I was for some reason under the impression that Chip Kelly always hated recruiting and just had good assistants and/or Nike bagmen on staff at Oregon.

yeah, that was definitely the reputation he had at the time, liked coaching/strategizing/etc. a lot but didn't have as much patience/interest in recruiting or gladhanding boosters as an "ideal" college coach would

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Does UCLA have a full sized practice field?

No they bus to the playboy mansion

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Chieves posted:

The funniest version of this is them doing the exact same thing as last time and having it go the same way or worse.

There’s a big name, natty-winning coach who has stumbled just a little of late and is catching some heat. Say, maybe with a sufficiently ludicrous contract A&M could actually lure him away from those ingrates and offer him a fresh start with all the resources in the world... Fire up the engraving machine, fellas, we’re gonna need another blank national title plaque!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Thermos H Christ posted:

The funniest version of this is them doing the exact same thing as last time and having it go the same way or worse.

There’s a big name, natty-winning coach who has stumbled just a little of late and is catching some heat. Say, maybe with a sufficiently ludicrous contract A&M could actually lure him away from those ingrates and offer him a fresh start with all the resources in the world... Fire up the engraving machine, fellas, we’re gonna need another blank national title plaque!

Staking out outside Dabo's house looking for a Christmas tree by the curb

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

When Chip was with the Eagles, he had a presser where he talked about how much he hates recruiting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Interim tag is off. David Braun is the head coach at Northwestern.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Seems like a smart move for NW. He might not be a long-term coach, but anyone who can right that ship and show incremental improvement deserves at least a few years to prove what he can do. Initially, Northwestern seemed like it might win one or two games.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Given the absolute loving mess he inherited it's hard to imagine the team playing better.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

And he’s probably cheap while they get their new stadium built too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m too lazy to look it up, but wasn’t Fitzgerald and interim guy initially too? Was he the one who took over when Randy Walker got sick and died?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I’m too lazy to look it up, but wasn’t Fitzgerald and interim guy initially too? Was he the one who took over when Randy Walker got sick and died?

Yes. He was LB coach and recruiting coordinator at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

R.D. Mangles posted:

Interim tag is off. David Braun is the head coach at Northwestern.

He was far and away the better coach last Saturday and the guy on the other side is making like 8 million...so hopefully he used that to get himself a decent contract.