Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

I'll say it. I don't like the color scheme of the LE. The front shell looks great, I just don't like the red.
Black and red is a bit out of date. At least it's not RGB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Heran Bago posted:

Black and red is a bit out of date. At least it's not RGB.

Yeah that would be much worse. My pc is a boring black box and I like it that way. :colbert:

I've been going down the rabbit hole trying to decide on the screen (etched vs not) and still not sure. My old deck was not and I didn't mind it too much but haven't seen the etched in person before. I don't play much outside the house so I'm not sure it's that big of a difference either way. What are most people going for and why?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My PC is a race car. :smug:

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
I think they said the accents on the Limited Edition are bright orange, but maybe it appears red to some people.

I assumed it’s a callback to Half-Life + The Orange Box.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

vogonity posted:

I think they said the accents on the Limited Edition are bright orange, but maybe it appears red to some people.

I assumed it’s a callback to Half-Life + The Orange Box.
This has bothered me a lot "that's clearly Orange not red" but it might just be the lightning in a lot of the pictures. I could see red orange though

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

My PC is a race car. :smug:

My PC is in a big bed with...wait no.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Really wish I could see the limited in person. I want that clear but bright accents, idk.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

minusX posted:

This has bothered me a lot "that's clearly Orange not red" but it might just be the lightning in a lot of the pictures. I could see red orange though

I feel like it's probably intended to be the same as or very similar to the orange highlights they're using all over the page. It's definitely on the cooler side of the orange spectrum.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am NOT buying this today.

Is what I keep telling myself.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Only two or so hours until the sale goes up, in front of my computer with no cases to run, $600 in my steam wallet, I'm ready.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

random question and I'm away from my deck so I don't have a good way of fiddling and finding stuff:

Is there a way to mirror (probably via BT) the video output of the deck on a TV? Doesn't have to look amazing, just good enough. Basically I can squirt youtube from my phone to the living room TV and want to know if I could do something analogous with game output from my deck.

Idea being I'm on the couch doing the deck thing, and the video is also going to the TV.

If I were using my desktop for this I'd probably just figure something out with discord or OBS but I'm hoping there's something easy internal to Steam that I can hit up from game mode. Looking at doing this on the deck because it will be a social environment where having my face shoved in my desktop won't work great.

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 16, 2023

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Cyrano4747 posted:

random question and I'm away from my deck so I don't have a good way of fiddling and finding stuff:

Is there a way to mirror (probably via BT) the video output of the deck on a TV? Doesn't have to look amazing, just good enough. Basically I can squirt youtube from my phone to the living room TV and want to know if I could do something analogous with game output from my deck.

Idea being I'm on the couch doing the deck thing, and the video is also going to the TV.

If I were using my desktop for this I'd probably just figure something out with discord or OBS but I'm hoping there's something easy internal to Steam that I can hit up from game mode. Looking at doing this on the deck because it will be a social environment where having my face shoved in my desktop won't work great.

If your TV has access to the Steam Link app you should be able to remote play targeting the Deck.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm doing this via sunshine/moonlight streaming on all my devices, but if you want to do this via your built in TV software, then yeah Steam Link app on your TVs software store.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I am fully in on the 1TB OLED version. I am not doing the Limited Edition. It looks cool but i can't help but think the bright joystick bases will be distracting. I am ready to make financial mistakes!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm going to do the Responsible Adult Thing™ and set aside half of the cost this month, and half of the cost from next month's paycheck to buy the 512GB OLED.

That way I'm not blowing half my paycheck in one go, even if I'm planning to sell my LCD deck to recoup some of the cost.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I uninstalled the Steam App but when I reinstalled it it didn’t ask for a recovery code or text me or anything. It’s not prompting me to log in on purchase any more, though.

Whoever “updated the add authenticator flow” last week did a fuckie.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am tempted to get an OLED to replace my current Dreck but I think I can wait until the initial rush dies down then comfortably get it. That said, no guarantees that I wouldn't try anyway :v:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
you think they'll ever move away from their dumb proprietary 5-digit-instead-of-6, their app on phone only OTP approach? i'd love to throw better 2FA on my account but it's a real pain to pull their secret key as it stands

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

God I hope so but if they haven’t yet…

Mind you Meta only just started dropping their proprietary code generator thing recently, and they’ve actually supported TOTP for years.

That said, Valve was one of the first services I encountered to use 2FA widely, so that’s to their credit.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m on an airplane trying to WiFi me an OLED.

Either way, I do think I decided on the 512. Better screen and the same space on my current deck. Good with that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rolo posted:

I’m on an airplane trying to WiFi me an OLED.

Either way, I do think I decided on the 512. Better screen and the same space on my current deck. Good with that.

Same and GL with the plane wifi

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Gonna try for the LE and if it sells out before I can get it then I’ll get the 512

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Subjunctive posted:

I uninstalled the Steam App but when I reinstalled it it didn’t ask for a recovery code or text me or anything. It’s not prompting me to log in on purchase any more, though.

Whoever “updated the add authenticator flow” last week did a fuckie.
When I reinstalled it did ask for a code and I got worried but it was able to text me one instead.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Unlucky7 posted:

I am tempted to get an OLED to replace my current Dreck but I think I can wait until the initial rush dies down then comfortably get it. That said, no guarantees that I wouldn't try anyway :v:

I think I'm resolved so that if I can get the LE (which I think looks sick) I will get that, otherwise I may wait for a while for whenever there's a small sale on the 512 or maybe even wait for the Deck 2

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Annath posted:

I'm going to do the Responsible Adult Thing™ and set aside half of the cost this month, and half of the cost from next month's paycheck to buy the 512GB OLED.

That way I'm not blowing half my paycheck in one go, even if I'm planning to sell my LCD deck to recoup some of the cost.

Glad there is someone else doing this (although the OLED Deck will be my first) as the FOMO was killing me a bit. Solidarity fellow Reasonable Grown-up.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Lightningproof posted:

Glad there is someone else doing this (although the OLED Deck will be my first) as the FOMO was killing me a bit. Solidarity fellow Reasonable Grown-up.

I'm doing it to, we are cool to be doing it this way!

We are cool

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’ll buy the LE if it’s available. Otherwise I’ll wait.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Nvm it's up

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

3-5 business day delivery?? Aw man!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

This item requires you to join a wait list before you can purchase.

the gently caress?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Suburban Dad posted:

This item requires you to join a wait list before you can purchase.

the gently caress?

And no indication of where to join such a list?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yeah I don't get it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Setec_Astronomy posted:

And no indication of where to join such a list?

Yeah, it’s in my cart but no ability to purchase or join a waitlist.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sitting in my cart but the purchase says something went wrong. Ah well.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Servers are clobbered at the moment.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
seems like the shipping information screen is broken for everybody. im doing my part to keep the servers down on their knees by mashing "Continue" as fast as possible

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

loving knew it, loving knew they'd gently caress it up again

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hellmo.gif in the checkout process rn

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Jordan7hm posted:

Sitting in my cart but the purchase says something went wrong. Ah well.

Same. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

secret volcano lair posted:

loving knew it, loving knew they'd gently caress it up again