Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I just found out yesterday they're privatizing libraries in some parts of the USA. sometimes in response to public libraries displaying/carrying books about not being straight. private public libraries, incredible concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
nationalize the private public libraries

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

mawarannahr posted:

I just found out yesterday they're privatizing libraries in some parts of the USA. sometimes in response to public libraries displaying/carrying books about not being straight. private public libraries, incredible concept.

I have kind of wondered what the point of all the book banning and poo poo is. People complaining don't read. Kids don't read. Why do they seem to care so much?

But if it's a wedge to close libraries or sell them off, I guess that has a logic to it.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

new billionaire just dropped

https://twitter.com/Tobin_Tweets/status/1725131021249606115

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

He's willfully incompetent, he knows what he's doing

I’ve seen how XPO functions internally, it’s a horror show and basically they hide any liability for their tremendous gently caress ups behind statutory liability limits and Bill of Lading terms that protect sub contracted carriers under statutory liability limits.

Here’s what I mean COGSA protects ocean carriers importing/exporting to the US. There is a per package limit for claims, $150 per package. generally package is interpreted as the whole container. so the ocean carriers liability is limited by law to $150 regardless of the gently caress up. They extend this to stevedores and sub contracting carriers via the specifics and terms of the Bill of Lading. That’s the hole XPO mostly hides in.

Now DeJoy has nothing to do with that hole, but how he shaped XPO has everything to do with all their fuckups.

He doesn’t know what he’s doing, but yeah it is willful. i think he truly thinks that’s the best way to run a logistics company and thus the postal system. but I would never grant the man any acknowledgment of competence, I have nothing but contempt for him.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

still love the chicken though

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

still love the chicken though

the sauce is doing all the work imo

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

Chad Sexington posted:

I have kind of wondered what the point of all the book banning and poo poo is. People complaining don't read. Kids don't read. Why do they seem to care so much?

But if it's a wedge to close libraries or sell them off, I guess that has a logic to it.

Kids read

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

He doesn’t know what he’s doing, but yeah it is willful. i think he truly thinks that’s the best way to run a logistics company and thus the postal system. but I would never grant the man any acknowledgment of competence, I have nothing but contempt for him.
:hmmno:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

wow, im sure glad we voted him out!

no, i will not be reading any replies to this post.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

the sauce is doing all the work imo

that sauce is good

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sabotage elections? Get to keep your job.

Elections uh, matter.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/MSN/status/1725219817878118512?s=20

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

good

gently caress dealerships

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Justin Tyme posted:

good

gently caress dealerships

you will still have to get the car at a dealership, also your car will now have alexa

quote:

The companies said the arrangement will allow customers to purchase a new car online and then either pick it up or have it delivered by their local dealership at a time that works best for them.

Prospective buyers will be able to search on Amazon’s website for available vehicles in their area by model, color, and features, and then complete the process using their chosen payment and financing options.
As part of the companies’ partnership, Hyundai will include Amazon’s Alexa technology in the brand’s cars beginning in 2025, the companies said.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

skooma512 posted:

Sabotage elections? Get to keep your job.

Elections uh, matter.

his whole career has been sabotaging logistics though removing necessary redundancies and removing necessary staffing resulting in systems that are unstable and fail regularly.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
One of the best things that can happen for this country is wiping out dealerships.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Glumwheels posted:

One of the best things that can happen for this country is wiping out dealerships.

Cars are incredible in that every aspect of their existence turns men into demons.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

his whole career has been sabotaging logistics though removing necessary redundancies and removing necessary staffing resulting in systems that are unstable and fail regularly.

ah he's a business major

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bar Crow posted:

Cars are incredible in that every aspect of their existence turns men into demons.

More the fact that dealership owners are overwhelmingly Republican, and make up the majority of their donor class.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1725199375130038276

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

ArmedZombie posted:

ah he's a business major

yeah exactly a BBA . and it’s not like he wasn’t loving over USPS before this. his first company was a no bid postal subcontractor, my understanding is they did logistics between postal sorting locations. he has a quarter century of loving with USPS before he’s even at XPO loving their poo poo up.

he’s all the worst of the American simplification of bastardizing of JIT as a person.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

they don’t know that retail prices are not connected to production costs in any way. love that phd economists missed the biggest change to the economy that we are easily decades into.

it used to be that a lot of goods really did have sales price determined by production costs. how did these dummies miss the change pushed by other economists they directly interact with?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

kia boyz steal my car from the whole foods that I ordered on prime

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bar Ran Dun posted:

they don’t know that retail prices are not connected to production costs in any way. love that phd economists missed the biggest change to the economy that we are easily decades into.

it used to be that a lot of goods really did have sales price determined by production costs. how did these dummies miss the change pushed by other economists they directly interact with?

but if production costs go down, the final price will also go down so they can undercut the competition, it says it all here in my economics textbook (which is a hard science)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

What competition lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1725220203053580585?t=vFfEu5BleT-RdiAG7dJjtA&s=19

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

That's the thing about cliffs, you don't know you're going over until you do.

Altimeter says we're ok, not plummeting at the moment, no plummeting is expected.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skooma512 posted:

What competition lol

the fierce competition between your local Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, and Lucky

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

ah I see someone besides Powell is bored and looking for a rush.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

woke : don’t look up
broke : don’t look down

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Scarabrae posted:

Just don't look

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Scarabrae posted:

this is why the wile e coyote movie was deleted

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

the fierce competition between your local Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, and Lucky

don't forget Kroger Harris Teeter!

https://twitter.com/newsobserver/status/1725076582111289838

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

anonumos posted:

Just don't look

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

fits my needs posted:

you will still have to get the car at a dealership, also your car will now have alexa

alexa, activate nitro boosters. good. alexa, activate flight mode. excellent. alexa, set flight parameters to manhattan

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

this goose is cooked!!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

having been grandfathered into free Prime, ya know, i gotta consider it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

That uh... is sure a way to phrase something completely innocuous.