Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
So, what's the rule for being legless? That is to say, "without a leg", rather than "being falling down drunk"...

I remember that in MechWarrior 2, the 'mech would hop to a standstill and then balance on one leg. But the later games had the 'mech stumble and drag the leg around at a crippled pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

painedforever posted:

So, what's the rule for being legless? That is to say, "without a leg", rather than "being falling down drunk"...

I remember that in MechWarrior 2, the 'mech would hop to a standstill and then balance on one leg. But the later games had the 'mech stumble and drag the leg around at a crippled pace.

there are rules for firing from down 1 leg that PTN alluded to in the flavor. unlike mw2, you cannot stand, and we're playing with an optional rule that makes 1 leg a mission kill, strictly by the rules you aren't eliminated until both are gone.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well.

It's reasonably unlikely to happen twice, considering.

:cripes:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So we can blame PoptartsNinja for the impending TPK then :v:

(has there ever been a full TPK in one of his threads?)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

kw0134 posted:

Several, I believe. Though Laager was probably the most spectacular.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Was that the one on the dropship in space where some BA just tore everyone to shreds?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Olothreutes posted:

Was that the one on the dropship in space where some BA just tore everyone to shreds?

Yeah. First appearance of Elementals.

Bloody Pom posted:

I don't think I'd count Laager, since the whole thing was framed as a doomed last stand and the objective was to take as many enemies down with you as possible.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

There was also the one where the players were defending a comstar base and ended up nuking the place at the end, taking everyone with them.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Scintilla posted:

I hoped I would be wrong about this. :sigh:

Not sure what to suggest. The Battlemaster has put itself in a position where getting accurate shots at its rear is very difficult. Focusing on just surviving the next turn might be the best play.

Yeah. the reason I'm conflicted/asked is because if I overheat, I for sure lose my ability to get behind it next turn when I go to a 4/6

Getting behind it IS a survivability move, sort of, since it limits the firepower it can bring around.

Edit: its a risky move(in that its short range), but if the mongoose wants to, you can get to 1521 by running straight ahead and turning at 1819 (mind the elevation change to 2 at 1620)

looking at the firing arcs: i'm at 1520, how much can the battlemaster bring to bear at me if it twists?

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 13, 2023

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You'd be in an arm arc.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

kw0134 posted:

First appearance of the Clans was the first one.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Defiance Industries posted:

First appearance of the Clans was the first one.

Is that the mission that introduced Steiner Rules dueling? I wouldn't count that as a failure just for sheer loving style.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
oh god the thread-long fallout from the Steiner Rules Dueling. What a way to trump the canonical "the way to beat the clans is to recognize they're incredibly stupid and you can double-dog dare them into doing whatever you want." I still love the Bethany Cochrane comic where she challenges somebody (Duke Lestrade?) to a Steiner Rules duel for all of the Commonwealth's secrets and then gets chased off by a Police Atlas dressed as old-timey British police with a club

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That was indeed Aldo Lestrade, the very prominent sideburns give him away

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Blackjack. Orders are in - i'm taking the back arc shot. Anyone else need to talk turns/help deciding?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Dragon’s Teeth 3-10

The blinding beam of a PPC flashed through the trees and missed Zawadi’s Blackjack by a meter. Its passing struck harsh highlights against the Mongoose’s back and legs, the shot passing so evenly spaced between them that Zawadi wasn’t sure if the BattleMaster had been trying to track Prodigal or had just overestimated how quickly she’d been moving.

The shot still forced her to jerk back on the control stick, her thoughts momentarily halting the Blackjack mid-step. Inertia kept the ‘Mech’s torso moving forward, but she didn’t take another step until she was near certain the Blackjack was about to overbalance and fall. The last thing she wanted to do was run directly into a PPC’s beam, whether it was on a long burn or otherwise.

The sudden stop threw off her aim, her lasers mostly struck trees or the ground rather than ravaging the BattleMaster’s open rear armor as she’d been intending. The dance was reaching a crescendo—the BattleMaster couldn’t evade them, they’d finish it sooner or later—but the longer it managed to drag out the fight the higher the likelihood that it would take another one of them out.

“Thanks for making some distance,” ‘Colonel’ Wendigo’s gravel road of a voice filled the comms. A ripple of explosions staggered the BattleMaster as a flight of LRMs struck its damaged front armor. The flight of LRMs probably shouldn’t have been too damaging, but either some shrapnel had found a gap or the impacts had knocked out something she, Ironhead, and Prodigal had already damaged. The BattleMaster swayed unsteadily, nearly falling in a way that was telling. Its gyro had been damaged. If it fell, it would all be over.

The BattleMaster kept its feet, its pilot compensating for the damage with an expert’s skill. Even as Rampart hoped the damaged gyro would hopefully still slow it down, the Hunchback’s autocannon caught the Colonel’s Banshee squarely in the back. The assault ‘Mech slumped forward and collapsed with an inevitable slowness. Either its primary power conduits had all been severed simultaneously, or the Hunchback’s shells had finally found its engine.

Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1522!
- Fires ER Large Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + [1] movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Small Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + [1] movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (4/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!

Blackjack (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1521!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 12, hit Left Leg: damage blocked by partial cover!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear Left Torso (0/8 armor, 14/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Flamer at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg: damage blocked by partial cover!

Hoplite (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1713!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon [Slug] at Hunchback (2 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (15/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunchback (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (0/20 armor remaining)!

ArchBanshee HammerMaster (Ally)
- Fires LRM-20 at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 7): rolled 9, with a cluster roll of 6: 12 missiles hit Left Leg (0/26 armor, 17/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (20/40 armor remaining (TAC!)), Head (2/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!))!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- - BattleMaster suffers a through-armor critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 5: lower. Rolled 1: gyro hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (18/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/24 armor, 11/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - - Rolled 3: upper. Rolled 5: Double Heat Sink destroyed!
- - - Rolled 3: upper. Rolled 2: Upper Arm Actuator hit!

Hunchback
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1916!
- Fires Autocannon/20 at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/7 armor, 16/30 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - ArchBanshee HammerMaster suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 5: lower. Rolled 2: engine hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 7, hit Rear Left Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (8/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - ArchBanshee HammerMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Automatic upper: Rolled 6: Medium Laser hit!
- Fires Small Laser at ArchBanshee HammerMaster (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso (13/30 armor remaining)! Crit!
- - ArchBanshee HammerMaster suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - - Rolled 5: lower. Rolled 3: engine hit!
- - - Rolled 2: upper: Rolled 3: engine destroyed!

BattleMaster
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1821!
- Fires ER PPC at ArchBanshee HammerMaster: target already destroyed!
- Fires ER PPC at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 partial cover + [0] secondary target = 8): rolled 6, missed!

Shooting End Phase
BattleMaster
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 Piloting + 3 gyro damage + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 7, succeeds!

Melee Phase
[n/a]

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Gains 20 heat, sinks [22]!

Blackjack (Player)
- Gains 23 heat, sinks [20]! Overheating!

Hoplite (Player)
- Gains 10 heat, sinks [18]!

- Gains 17 heat, sinks [21]!

Unknown Light BattleMech
- Gains 2 heat, sinks [14]!

Talos #1
- Gains 9 heat, sinks [12]!

Hunchback
- Gains 14 heat, sinks [15]!

BattleMaster
- Gains 32 heat, sinks [34]!

End Phase

Next Turn’s Movement Phase:
BattleMaster
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 piloting + 3 gyro damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture at least one Fake (Complete!)
- Defeat or drive off the Fake SLDF (3/5)

Secondary Objective
- Colonel Wendigo survives (Failed!)
- Recover the enemy BattleMaster with cockpit intact (0/1)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Bitter Cold: BattleMechs dissipate 2 additional heat per turn. Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Oofh. Rip frankenmech, but what an LRM shot.

Gyro damage is pretty big. How does shoving over an an enemy mech work? Left leg is bare, which is also big

now what?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Can the colonel still live through this? Or does an engine failure mean it’s going up in smoke and he’ll be dead by the time we finish the enemies and can cut him out of there?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
'Survives' isn't a literal lives or dies. It's a "his 'Mech survived the mission," which it didn't.

It's not a big deal, that was always going to be a difficult optional to complete. He lasted about as long as I expected him to, and weakened the OpForce about as much as I hoped he would.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's a fusion engine, it doesn't really burn up, it just fails and stops. The colonel still has to account for an uncontrolled fall, those are always nasty, and the cold outside now that he's lost all heating. Personally I'd bet on severely injured but alive, but he might well have died.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So for story purposes providing GoonLance wins he can presumed to have ejected or if his mech isn't exploding can be in the piloting module?

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ally Status:

No ejection mechanism makes it hard for him to punch out, I think.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Breadmaster posted:

No ejection mechanism makes it hard for him to punch out, I think.

Probably for the best honestly, the residual heat from his dead engine should keep the cockpit relatively warm for a short while.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

At least enough time to remove the coolant jacket and get some more clothes on.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Mongoose

I'm both impressed and annoyed at how durable this Battlemaster is. I mean, it makes sense we're a light mech and a medium trying to strike down an assault but like. drat.

I don't have any cool tips or tricks here. I just have to broadside him again. The only choice I have is to either do it from the relative safety of the woods or get in close so my Medium lasers can do work

I feel like at this point it might be worth taking the risk just to try and make sure the drat thing stays down in a reasonable timeframe

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Getting a few kicks against a busted gyro can't hurt either, but that hunchie is a problem.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Meanwhile that hunchback just keeps on trucking with those monster shots. But where is he going? Is this fleeing, or some kind of extremely weird attempt at flanking?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

que the scooby doo music with the hoplite

(i think they're gonna try to pincher the hoplite, the hunchie's just going north while the BM works its way south of the berm)

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 17, 2023

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

o7

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

RIP Frankenmech. You were too beautiful for this world

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

SIGSEGV posted:

At least enough time to remove the coolant jacket and get some more clothes on.

With a mech like that you just know that this Colonel goes to battle balls out.

For maximum heat dissipation.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Mongoose

I'm out of tricks and cleverness. I'm just gonna slide over to 1924 and pray that my lasers hit their mark. Hiding in the woods seemed like a great idea at the time but now I'm finding that my maneuverability really took a hit

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

glwgameplayer posted:

Mongoose

I'm out of tricks and cleverness. I'm just gonna slide over to 1924 and pray that my lasers hit their mark. Hiding in the woods seemed like a great idea at the time but now I'm finding that my maneuverability really took a hit
Why not 2024 to at least get partial cover and guard your legs?

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

Ardlen posted:

Why not 2024 to at least get partial cover and guard your legs?

Because I wasn't sure if I could move that far. As it turns out I can

Also, I was trying to do what other people suggested and take a longer route to take advantage of my maneuverability. But as it turns out that's not helpful when I'm in rough terrain

glwgameplayer fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 18, 2023

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

glwgameplayer posted:

Mongoose

I'm feeling similiar (sorry its taken me a while to muse over orders, its been A Week); i'm leaning towards 1617, but 1622 is an option and so is 1722.

All of them put me in full frontal firepower at short range from the battlemaster and I don't like it.

Its looking i might not get another chance to get behind it... unless I use the flamers to overheat it enough to get a move penalty.(meaning range 3, and basically 1722 as the option).

So, conflicted.

how do we bring this monster down?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Can't go wrong with shooting it more :v:

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022

TheParadigm posted:

I'm feeling similiar (sorry its taken me a while to muse over orders, its been A Week); i'm leaning towards 1617, but 1622 is an option and so is 1722.

All of them put me in full frontal firepower at short range from the battlemaster and I don't like it.

Its looking i might not get another chance to get behind it... unless I use the flamers to overheat it enough to get a move penalty.(meaning range 3, and basically 1722 as the option).

So, conflicted.

how do we bring this monster down?

There aren't really any good options. At best I think you could either dive into the woods for cover, or you could try and blast its left arm off/overheat it. Splitting up won't help because it's got the ability to split its attention perfectly, even if you hide for now it has the range advantage and you can't move all that much faster than it.

I'm just praying my lasers do something honestly

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Dragon’s Teeth 3-11

The BattleMaster fired before Rampart’s Blackjack could take more than a step. The left side of the Blackjack’s torso just evaporated, then tore away as the weight of its own arm finally snapped the few remaining frame members that hadn’t been melted by the Assault ‘Mech’s PPC. The Blackjack was tough enough, fortunately, but Rampart’s advance had been completely halted as she fought the prototype’s gyros. Her ‘Mech wobbled in place, rather than closing ground.

Prodigal charged, once again slipping her Mongoose into the BattleMaster’s rear arc. Her lasers continued to carve away at her colossal target; but she knew it wouldn’t be anywhere near enough. Maybe a concentrated strike could’ve finished it off, but with the need to keep the Mongoose moving as quickly as possible, she just didn’t have the kind of time she needed to focus her fire.

A ripple of detonations flowed over the BattleMaster’s surface, and its left arm drooped—the primary power conduit severed by one of Grandpa’s LB-X submunitions. Its big dome of a cockpit shattered; and then—nothing. The Assault ‘Mech fell still.

“… Sorry, Lieutenant. That was getting too dicey,” Grandpa apologized. “I know you wanted the BattleMaster’s computer intact, but I had to go for the headshot. We can still salvage it.”

Prodigal grimaced, but bit back an angry retort. Grandpa was right—that BattleMaster would be an asset, even if it wasn’t the evidentiary smoking gun she’d been hoping for. With the BattleMaster’s computer intact, they could’ve confirmed the identity of its pilot; its orders; and probably even recovered BattleRoms showing where it’d been and what it’d been up to. A ‘Mech that big had to belong—have belonged—to someone important. Someone that security teams on Epsilon Pegasus could’ve interrogated.

Her had been a pipe dream. That ‘Mech was too deadly to put down gently. She took a deep breath, “… Nice shot, Sergeant. We’ll deal with the fallout later, for now: let’s finish this fight.”

Movement Phase
Blackjack (Player)
- No Orders Received

Shooting Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + [1] movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 9, hit Rear Left Torso (6/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Small Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + [1] movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 10, hit Rear Left Torso (3/18 remaining)! Crit!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (12/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Leg: damage blocked by terrain!

Blackjack (Player)
- No Orders Received

Hoplite (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1713!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon [Cluster] at BattleMaster (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 5): rolled 9, with a cluster roll of 9: 8 submunitions hit Left Torso (16/28 armor remaining), Left Arm (10/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Arm (9/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (19/40 armor remaining), Head (1/9 armor remaining (Pilot Hit! TAC!)), Right Torso (17/28 armor remaining), Head (2/3 armor remaining (Pilot Hit! Crit!)), Left Arm (8/24 armor remaining (Crit!))!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - - Rolled 1: upper. Rolled 3: Lower Arm Actuator damaged!
- - - Rolled 2: upper. Rolled 1: Shoulder Actuator damaged!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 12, left arm blown off!
- - BattleMaster suffers a through-armor critical chance in Head: rolled 12, 3 critical hits sustained!
- - - Rolled 1: Life support hit!
- - - Rolled 3: Cockpit destroyed! ’Mech destroyed!
- - - Rolled 5: Sensors hit!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Head: rolled 6, no critical hits sustained!
- - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: critical hit transfers to Left Torso!
- - - BattleMaster suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!

Hunchback
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1912!
- Fires Autocannon/20 at Hoplite (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (0/18 armor, 8/13 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Hoplite suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Automatic upper. Rolled 1: heat sink destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Leg: damage blocked by terrain!
- Fires Small Laser at Hoplite (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 2, missed!

BattleMaster
- Torso twists to threaten hex 1921!
- Fires ER PPC at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): Rolled 7, hit Left Torso (0/11 structure remaining)! Left torso destroyed! Left arm blown off!
- - 8 damage transfers to Center Torso (4/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Torso (4/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 12, hit Center Torso (0/18 armor, 13/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Blackjack suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Blackjack (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): Rolled 9, hit Right Leg: damage blocked by terrain!

Shooting End Phase
Blackjack
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 Piloting + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Hoplite
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 Piloting + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Melee Phase
[n/a]

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Mongoose (Player)
- Gains 20 heat, sinks [22]!

Blackjack (Player)
- Gains 23 heat, sinks [20]! Overheating!

Hoplite (Player)
- Gains 10 heat, sinks [18]!

- Gains 17 heat, sinks [21]!

Unknown Light BattleMech
- Gains 2 heat, sinks [14]!

Talos #1
- Gains 9 heat, sinks [12]!

Hunchback
- Gains 14 heat, sinks [15]!

BattleMaster
- Gains 32 heat, sinks [34]!

End Phase

Next Turn’s Movement Phase:
BattleMaster
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 piloting + 3 gyro damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture at least one Fake (Complete!)
- Defeat or drive off the Fake SLDF (4/5)

Secondary Objective
- Colonel Wendigo survives (Failed!)
- Recover the enemy BattleMaster with cockpit intact (Failed!)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Bitter Cold: BattleMechs dissipate 2 additional heat per turn. Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
One submunition, one point of damage, took out life support, cockpit and sensors. Through armor. 'Nice shot' barely begins to cover it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
It would have been nice to get that intact cockpit, but under the circumstances I think Goonlance can consider that exchange an absolute win. A mostly intact Royal Battlemaster is one hell of a piece of salvage.