Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
LOLing at their fear of a national ID coupled with their demands for voter ID laws. Whoa whoa whoa….. yeah you should need an ID to vote, but not if it isn’t a giant hurdle to *certain* people!

Almost like voter ID laws are a paper thinly veiled attempt at voter suppression. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tony Phillips posted:

LOLing at their fear of a national ID coupled with their demands for voter ID laws. Whoa whoa whoa….. yeah you should need an ID to vote, but not if it isn’t a giant hurdle to *certain* people!

Almost like voter ID laws are a paper thinly veiled attempt at voter suppression. Weird.

At least the evangelicals are consistent with their paranoia. They opposed state IDs, national IDs, bar code scanning technology at stores, and social security numbers because they were all the mark of the beast.

Then, 20 years later, they released that something else was ACTUALLLY the mark of the beast and the previous things were fine.

The libertarian/generic Republican has some weird idea where the state government should know everything about you to verify your identity and issue an ID because it is critically important that the state verify who can vote and who is a citizen. However, the federal government should never issue you an ID and it should be basically impossible for anyone outside of your state to verify who you are unless you give them the password to your federal pension account and the one piece of info they need to commit huge amounts of identity theft. The reason for this policy preference is... ?????

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Presumably the dmvs have some access to medical records, because there are conditions that make you unable to drive. Like they surely don’t take it on the honour system that aren’t a seizure risk?

I see this making freepers upset because half of them are approaching the age where we really should consider revoking their drivers licenses, if we were sane.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Presumably the dmvs have some access to medical records, because there are conditions that make you unable to drive. Like they surely don’t take it on the honour system that aren’t a seizure risk?

I see this making freepers upset because half of them are approaching the age where we really should consider revoking their drivers licenses, if we were sane.

They actually do take it on the honor system in most places. Generally, the DMV doesn't do anything with regards to things like having a seizure risk at all.

In some states, your doctor is required to report it to the DMV. If you can go 12 months without a seizure or have some surgery that fixes whatever was causing your inability to drive, then your doctor can write a note and you can get the hold lifted.

But, that still involves having the doctor report it to them. They don't have access to your medical records and they will never know or test you if you don't tell them and your doctor doesn't report it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The libertarian/generic Republican has some weird idea where the state government should know everything about you to verify your identity and issue an ID because it is critically important that the state verify who can vote and who is a citizen. However, the federal government should never issue you an ID and it should be basically impossible for anyone outside of your state to verify who you are unless you give them the password to your federal pension account and the one piece of info they need to commit huge amounts of identity theft. The reason for this policy preference is... ?????

It's not really that deep. Social Security numbers have existed since they were a child so it's just the way things are, a federal ID is a new government thing so it's bad.

Very few people are true believer Ruby Ridge types who are willing to sacrifice their standard of living to actually interact with government as little as possible, for most "rugged individualism" is an aesthetic. Resisting big government is easy when all I have to do is heroically vote for a guy in a cowboy hat who will obstruct everything in government. I could also resist social security numbers and refuse to use mine for anything or tell it to anyone for any reason, but then I couldn't get a loan for a $60k lifted pickup truck to show everyone what a rugged individualist I am, nor could I get the job at the real estate agency to drive it to.

It depends how you sell it also. They hear about federal ID from right wing radio hosts who are screaming it's the first step to rounding up all conservative Christians. But if Trump is president, it's great, in fact the government should know everything about you with no limits on what it can do with this information because they're hoping Trump will round up all the bad people.

The imaginary camps FEMA was secretly building to be Dachau for white Christians? It's a good thing we have them now because when Trump is president we'll need somewhere to put all the Muslims and Mexican immigrants.

Likewise a military coup, canceling elections, suspending the bill of rights, arresting people without due process, a secret police spying on Americans for politically unreliable opinions, etc, all good if it's Trump.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The title was later updated to "Loyalty [Zot!]".
Loyalty

quote:

Is it OK to have your sole loyalty belong to America?

Or does loyalty to America depend on subservience to another country? IOW, subservience which requires total lack of criticism, total agreement, to avoid malignant name calling?
1 posted on 11/14/2023, 1:25:29 AM by Gratia
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gratia

Christian first. Alabamian second. American third.

6 posted on 11/14/2023, 1:30:48 AM by Tell It Right (1st Thessalonians 5:21 -- Put everything to the test, hold fast to that which is true.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Tell It Right

Or to put it another way...

God. Family. Country.

8 posted on 11/13/2023 5:33:40 PM PST by Responsibility2nd (A truth that’s told with bad intent, Beats all the lies you can invent ~ Wm. Blake)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

Let's say America was taken over by Marxists. Would you be loyal?

Let's say America's official religion was declared as Islam. Would you be loyal?

Let's say America's official language was declared to be Spanish. Would you be loyal?

Let's say Biden demanded on penalty of death that all Americans hand over their arms, possessions, and money over to FEDGOV and get injected with some death serum invented by Bill Gates to comply with "the New Economy".

WOULD YOU BE LOYAL?
9 posted on 11/13/2023 5:37:45 PM PST by Roman_War_Criminal (Jesus + Something = Nothing ; Jesus + Nothing = Everything )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Roman_War_Criminal

“Let’s say America...”

Those are good questions!

The answer for me is that I WILL be loyal until the day I die to America properly defined: namely, the Constitutional Republic created by our Judeo-Christian founding fathers. My loyalty is sealed by the oath I took to defend that America; that oath has no expiration date.

All of your hypothetical “Let’s say America...” descriptions are PERVERSIONS of the real America properly defined, and staying loyal to the real America would necessitate that I fight against your hypothetical perverse pseudo-Americas — spiritually, politically, and by physical force if it comes to that.

FRegards and GOD Bless America

36 posted on 11/13/2023 6:40:49 PM PST by Nervous Tick ("First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people...": ISLAM is the problem!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

I’m loyal to the Judeo-Christian America that recognizes Israel as an important ally and a source of blessing from God when we help it. If we stop helping it, then we are bringing a curse from God upon ourselves as per the Holy Scriptures.

If America throws away everything that makes it America, there will be no America to be loyal to.

It’s the sticks and stones you have to watch out for, not the name-calling.

13 posted on 11/13/2023 5:54:08 PM PST by skr (Righteousness exalteth a nation: sin is a reproach to any people. - Proverbs 14:34)

quote:

To: skr

“I’m loyal to the Judeo-Christian America”

There is no such thing as Judeo-Christian. This absurd phrase is brainwashing.

Jesus was the Son of God, sent to save us, crucified and resurrected. That is Christian.

Anyone who does not believe that cannot be attached to Christianity in any respect, even if it feels good and sounds virtuous. Maybe it protects from name calling.

20 posted on 11/13/2023 6:12:03 PM PST by Gratia
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Lazamataz

“It is okay to ALSO favor decent treatment of Israel and to shield her from muslims and their atrocities.”

Answer yourself. Is there any shortage of criticism of muslim atrocities, criticism deservedly so?

Is it OK to favor decent treatment of MAGA people and white people?

Just for example, is it OK to be white? Will you say so?

Examine your conscience. How is decency and name calling apportioned in there?

16 posted on 11/13/2023 6:01:48 PM PST by Gratia
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

“How many people self-censor, not even permitting themselves to consider any issue, to avoid name calling?”

Only a wuss begrudges civilized people for lining up wit Israel with assistance against this barbaric atrocity. It’s right there in the Bible. Jesus told the Parable of the Good Samaritan. They were the despised enemies of the Jews. Listeners would have expected a Jew to be the hero of Jesus’ story, they would have been shocked to hear that it was a Samaritan.
So what kinda smug person would walk on by? You some kinda Levite?

It has nothing wit being a good American. It has to do with being a decent person. If you ride over the hill and see a sheepherder getting lynched, you gonna be like John Wayne in Big Jake and help the poor SOB even though it’s not your interest?
Don’t be Levite or Priest and cross the road and leave that robbery victim laying there.

30 posted on 11/13/2023 6:25:34 PM PST by DesertRhino (Dogs are called man's best friend. Moslems hate dogs. Add it up..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

quote:

I have sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

I have sworn no such oath to any other Earthly power.

I am loyal to God first.

I do not approve of dual citizenship; were I eligible for such, I would not take advantage of it.

40 posted on 11/14/2023, 2:45:53 AM by NorthMountain (... the right of the peopIe to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed)

quote:

To: af_vet_1981

“Ah, you just want permission to be an antisemite and pretend you are saved. No sale.”

The addiction to name calling is fundamental. A substitute to actually thinking.

People like those on FR are under attack every day by this type of approach to interaction.

Some people are allowed to be themselves, and others are not. In America, we call names against those who dare to be who they are.

The astonishing thing is how brainwashed people are. Virtue signaling, not thought.

44 posted on 11/13/2023 6:53:22 PM PST by Gratia
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies ]

quote:

we call names against those who dare to be who they are.

Do you mean men who pretend to be women and women who pretend to be men, or men who love men and women who love women ? There is a name for that.

In this case, it is naming someone for who she chooses to be. The attack on Israel was so horrific, so evil, that only one with a seared conscience could choose to be deceived and write the things you write. You don't have to be antisemitic. It is a spiritual pandemic but there is a cure. Every soul is being tested.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
48 posted on 11/13/2023 7:02:52 PM PST by af_vet_1981 ( The bus came by and I got on, That's when it all began)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

This is my home.I have ancestral roots through my Mojave bloodlines. I have worn the uniforlm, swore an unending oath, and have put my butt on the line for my country.
I have seen other countries and other forms of government.
There is no competition. My country is and has been from the onset, the only form of government that has stood for individual self-governence. No other form of government allows such an idea to exist.

Loyalty to one’s country does not mean blind obedience. Every political action converning the country should ne asked, “Will the country benefit from this?”, AND NOT, :what will i get out of this?”

Lastly, from times ancient, there was the admonishment:
“Honor the gods, love your country, love your woman.”
There may be those among y’all, that might “have a problem” with any part of that statement. That is o.k.! That is you, and you are not me.

I am a ‘rabid Americs”, first, last, and always!

50 posted on 11/14/2023, 3:05:06 AM by Terry L Smith

quote:

America is an ideal, not a government.
I am a loyal American.

59 posted on 11/13/2023 7:20:50 PM PST by JustaTech (My mind is the weapon. Everything else is tools.)

quote:

To: JustaTech

My wife and I made a delivery to our local VA hospital. There were a lot of vehicles with the bumper sticker that said, “I love my country, but I fear my government”.

61 posted on 11/13/2023 7:23:14 PM PST by Texas resident (Biden=Obama=Jarrett=Soros)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies ]

quote:

Most Jews are WHITE/Caucasians; though some Jews are BLACK/Negroid, and NO, I am NOT talking about the crazy blacks who claim to be "the real Jews", nor anything like that!

The LAWS OF MOSES/the Ten Commandments are believed in by Jews and Christians, but NOT those belonging to either Islamic sect.

There are also Messianic Jews, who believe that Jesus was/is the Messiah and practice their religion MORE as Jesus did, than any Christian ever has.

Your uneducated claims, vis-a-vis Islam prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you neither know nor understand ANYTHING at all about that religion and the people who follow it.

You are nothing but an attentionwhore and narcissist, who believes that you are more intelligent and far better than anyone else on this forum. The complete opposite of that supposition is true and though you are now getting a lot of attention/negative energy fuel, the rest of us now know exactly who and what you are and condemn and revile you for it.

The dead Israelis are still dead.

The raped women and girls were raped, the babies and children were killed and some tortured, the stories and pictures are from body cams worn BY the Pali TERRORISTS and are NOT "false/propaganda" at all!

Lots of Americans have duel citizenship, to European countries. But YOU don't question THEIR "loyalty". WHY?

No matter WHAT nor HOW you "see" yourself, you are NOT "MAGA" at all and NOT a "GOOD" American either!
68 posted on 11/14/2023, 3:33:35 AM by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Nervous Tick

The name calling and stupid insults are a significant reason for the stark decline of our country.

Racist, whatever-phobe, anti-semite, all contributions to decline. We are being taught to hate, and freely accept to seem virtuous.

Pathetic that a country other than America is held blameless, with the threat of cancellation.

81 posted on 11/13/2023 8:09:35 PM PST by Gratia
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies ]

quote:

Is it possible that YOU are THIS uneducated and unaware of the fact that name calling and anti-this and that have been part of American history from Colonial days onwards?

Prior to radio, television, movies, cable, streaming, the internet, telephones, cell phone, there were phamphlets, posters, newspapers, town criers, letters,whispering campaigns, and face to face nastiness of ALL kinds!

Jefferson and Adams had a decades long feud and Jefferson was one of THE nastiest, vile, underhanded name caller and propaganda spread on American has EVER seen!

American WASPS weren't all that keen on the Germans here, nor were colonists and early Americans great re the Indians; though for many with good reason.

The North V. the South? That's also as old as the hills.

And with each wave of newcommers, name calling, terrible cartoons in newspapers, and yes, attacks were here too. As was political corruption!

Racism too!

Ditto religious bigotry; even within Protestant sects against each other!

And during WW I, there was rabid bigotry against certain Americans ONLY due to their last names and boycotts of their businesses, though these American citizens had been AMERICANS and professed NO allegiance to any other other nation!
86 posted on 11/13/2023 8:26:29 PM PST by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies ]
At this point the OP is banned, so freepers take some time to perform their ritual post-zot gloating.

quote:

To: Allegra; Jane Long

He was a REAL BOZO and a full blown anti-Semite, as well as a 9/11 denier!

104 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:15:11 AM by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 101 | View Replies]

quote:

He IGNORED all of MY factual, historical comments.

WHY?

Because he couldn't refute me, nor play against what I posted.
98 posted on 11/14/2023, 4:55:04 AM by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Allegra
I don't remember him, so looked up his postings.

He doesn't believe that Bin Laden had ANYTHING at all to do with 9/11, nor that Muslims crashed those three planes.HE BELIEVES THAT OUR GOVERNMENT DID IT, and/or some mysterious cabal...probably JEWS!

He does NOT believe that Hamas did ANYTHING at all to Israel and those who live/d there. He claimed that it's all "propaganda".
109 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:34:14 AM by nopardons
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 106 | View Replies]

One freeper isn't even loyal to America at all and pledges loyalty to an economic system that has crippled the country in oh so many ways.

quote:

Your question made me think of the free traitors who called themselves capitalist Christian patriots, but who supported sending our manufacturing, technology, and money to a communist country that oppresses the church.

Now they're building up their infrastructure and military with our money while we have to raise the debt ceiling just to pay the interest on our loans.

We chose cheap labor over our own children and Vets, and now our kids are in debt for training for tech jobs that are being outsourced and we have a homeless Vet problem.

And after all of that, where are those cheaper prices the free traitors promised us?

If that's what your post is about, then yes we should have been loyal to our country. If we had been, then we wouldn't be facing all of the problems we have now.
119 posted on 11/14/2023, 12:07:30 PM by TwelveOfTwenty (Will whoever keeps asking if this country can get any more insane please stop?)

quote:

God. Family.
Capitalism.

I have no loyalty to a location. We use to have all three in America. Now... It is a tool of oppression for demons and satanic marxists. However it is still the best place in the world and I will do what I can to keep the rotten corpse upright. But I fear it is gone. Too many marxists
, too many America hating bureaucrats, and too many illegal invaders.

124 posted on 11/14/2023, 1:12:44 PM by Organic Panic (Democrats. Memories as short as Joe Biden's eyes)

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
News Analysis: Mike Johnson just did the same thing that cost Kevin McCarthy his job

quote:

To: NoLibZone
LA Times really sucks.

Speaker Johnson will not be like McCarty.

2 posted on 11/14/2023, 10:55:59 PM by Texas Fossil (Texas is not about where you were born, but a Free State of Heart, Mind and Attitude.)

quote:

Johnson came into his position with very little time left to accomplish anything in this matter. So he gets one pass from me on this. No more.

5 posted on 11/14/2023, 10:59:01 PM by Revel

quote:

To: All
I hear People magazine is naming Speaker Johnson "The Sexiest Man Alive."

He is kinda cute-looking.

23 posted on 11/15/2023, 12:19:08 AM by Liz (Women have tremendous power — their femininity, because men can't do without it. Sidney Sheldon)

quote:

Kevin McCarthy dragged the process to the point where there was no time left to do anything other than a CR. Mike Johnson inherited the situation that Kevin McCarthy purposely created. But Mike should have allowed the Government to be shut down. He did not do the right thing, as far as I am concerned.

25 posted on 11/15/2023, 12:56:21 AM by Robert DeLong

quote:

Our new Speaker has a tremendous redeeming quality; he’s MAGA, and endorsed Trump.
He’s the only toe-hold on power that we have right now, but it’s a big one.
I’m willing to be patient.
Speaker Johnson walked into a buzz saw when he became Speaker, and is now the fulcrum with which we can move mountains.
I’m all for being patient and letting the man get his feet under him, it’s going to be a long and titanic struggle, and he’s deserving of our support.
He’s in my prayers daily.

28 posted on 11/15/2023, 2:09:20 AM by Thapsus_epiphany (Socialism is a prison, Communism is a death camp )

quote:

Meet the new boss. I’d vote to take him out.

We’d vote to get you zotted.

quote:

To: Revel
Johnson came into his position with very little time left to accomplish anything in this matter.

Agreed. The time for a government shutdown is not when you can be blamed 100% for it. Get back no normal order and wait for Schumer to cause the shutdown.

We must stop shooting ourselves in the foot out of spite and anger.

EC

35 posted on 11/15/2023, 8:04:56 AM by Ex-Con777

And a bonus one from another thread that's just ::psyduck::

quote:

To: Mariner
Since revenue bills can only originate in the house, what happens if they take their ball and go home?
With this Democrat government, I could care less if it totally dies for a year.

I’ll still get my social security. The only constitutional authorized standing military we have is the navy, so everybody else can go home, I;m sure it is good enough to defend the USA as we have millions of armed citizens.

Chew on that you Democrat rear end**les!

7 posted on 11/15/2023, 12:12:02 AM by rellic

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
freep: I could care less if it totally dies for a year. I’ll still get my social security.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oof the freeper version of Obama 99th-dimensional chess / The Manchin Cycle / It's Only Been X Days Give Biden A Chance is hitting pretty close to home.

No he's still going to do what we want, he must just have a secret plan. And he has to clean up after The Former Guy, you'll see.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Sarcastr0 posted:

News Analysis: Mike Johnson just did the same thing that cost Kevin McCarthy his job
To: All
I hear People magazine is naming Speaker Johnson "The Sexiest Man Alive."

He is kinda cute-looking.

23 posted on 11/15/2023, 12:19:08 AM by Liz (Women have tremendous power — their femininity, because men can't do without it. Sidney Sheldon)
Something about that evangelical religious extremism stirs this freeper's loins.

The U.S. is warming 60% faster than the world is, National Climate Assessment says: ‘We are not prepared for what’s coming’

quote:

To: The_Media_never_lie

BS. Global weather changes are just that - GLOBAL.

Canada and Mexico must be affected the same - if not there’s only two conclusions:

The study is bs.

We’re under attack.

6 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:18:17 PM by Skywise

quote:

It sounds like on the USA has ‘a fever’ not the earth.

Perhaps we should follow India’s and China’s policy towards C02 to reduce our ‘climate change’ to their levels.

8 posted on 11/14/2023 9:19:00 AM PST by posterchild

quote:

To: posterchild
Perhaps we should follow India’s and China’s policy towards C02 to reduce our ‘climate change’ to their levels.

Yep, this “study” clearly proves that to reduce our “carbon footprint” we need to build more coal-fired power plants, just like China. Obviously, solar panels and windmills make warming worse.
52 posted on 11/14/2023 9:51:44 AM PST by noiseman (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

Send back the illegals and we will cool off just fine.

19 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:26:04 PM by madison10 (He watching over Israel slumbers not, nor sleeps.)

quote:

To: 1of10

NOAA predicted a normal hurricane season for ‘23 which never materialized, then revised downward and STILL got it wrong.

41 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:41:02 PM by chiller (Davey Crockett said: "Be sure you're right. Then go ahead'. I'll go ahead.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

quote:

Might help if they would cut out the geo-engineering. They are painting grids in the skies with chemicals.

55 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:53:25 PM by dforest

quote:

i agree

fight global warming

deport all illegals now

64 posted on 11/14/2023, 6:11:35 PM by joshua c (to disrupt the system, we must disrupt our lives, cut the cable tv)

quote:

What is coming is an increase in arable land, substantial crop improvements, lower energy costs, increased pleasant climes, milder winters,and another few decades of staving off an ice age which would destroy all culture.

84 posted on 11/14/2023, 11:08:16 PM by Lou Foxwell (It takes a uniquely Marxist mind to deny Trump's call to patriotism.)

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
With the election of a new speaker of the house, a government shutdown averted, and Trump facing legal trouble, the biggest recent thread on Freep is...

Historic All-Female Space Walk Crew Accidentally Drops Tool Bag Into Orbit

quote:

To: Rummyfan
They probably threw them away not knowing their worth.

3 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:06:04 PM by Jonty30 (It turns out that I did not buy my cell phone for all the calls I might be missing at home.)

quote:

I guess these women need a Bag Man.
(or a tranbagman?)
Anyway, don’t send a woman to do a man’s job.

12 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:09:03 PM by Honest Nigerian

quote:

Its not like there are a lot of extra spare tools on the ISS, to lose.

They are downplaying how badly they did because they are female astronauts. If men did this badly it’d be described much differently and it would jeopardize their careers.

15 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:11:56 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; not averse to Going Bronson.)

quote:

To: Diana in Wisconsin
The bag wasn’t ‘errant’ UNTIL the ditz lost it. And, the bag didn’t BREAK FREE. She LOST IT!

21 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:14:38 PM by Gaffer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]
Someone posts a picture of the astronaut in question

quote:

To: FarCenter
She should stick to something she’s good at like brushing her teeth instead of space travel

29 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:22:33 PM by NWFree (Sigma male 🤪)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

Another female makes a mess of it.

49 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:44:50 PM by grobdriver (The CDC can KMA!)

quote:

To: Bullish
That’s one heck of an Adam’s apple.

+Man Hands

50 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:45:01 PM by sonova (No money? You're free to go.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

Another “Hysterical Moment in American Female History”.

65 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:59:50 PM by FlingWingFlyer ('Build Back Better' is a Bidenskyyyyyyism for 'we gotta get rid of all dem white peoples'.)

quote:

It’s not like they gave her real tools.

84 posted on 11/14/2023, 8:35:09 PM by Niteranger68 (If you don't vote, you are part of the rigging.)

quote:

To: TexasGator
A fraud if ever there was one

90 posted on 11/14/2023, 8:50:34 PM by NWFree (Sigma male 🤪)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies]

quote:

Diversity is our strength.

122 posted on 11/15/2023, 8:37:27 AM by Albion Wilde (Either ‘the Deep State destroys America, or we destroy the Deep State.’ --Donald Trump)

But the best thread is when someone points out the woman who supposedly dropped the toolbag is incredibly accomplished

quote:

To: llevrok
“I’d not let them hold a flash light for me when I’m working on my car.”

MIT graduate, SuperCobra test pilot, 150 combat missions.

You would be honored to hold her flashlight.

34 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:26:21 PM by TexasGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]
Which then leads to...

quote:

Comment #60 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #67 Removed by Moderator

quote:

[Comment #69 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #71 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #72 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #74 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #79 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #81 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #83 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #97 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Comment #104 Removed by Moderator

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
:catstare: how bad does the misogyny have to be to get that many comments removed?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I like that they can't decide if she's incompetent because she's a woman or incompetent because she's "really" a man.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Ravenfood posted:

:catstare: how bad does the misogyny have to be to get that many comments removed?

In context it just looks like a slapfight between TexasGator and NWFree. Being a genocidal racist maniac is fine but insulting other freepers is not tolerated by the mods.

quote:

To: NWFree

If you want to discuss posted subject matter I welcome it but stop posting off-color insults to me.

77 posted on 11/15/2023, 3:15:35 AM by TexasGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 74 | View Replies]

quote:

Stop posting any color insults to me I’m color blind

Now go cry to mommie Caleb

80 posted on 11/15/2023, 3:26:57 AM by NWFree (Sigma male 🤪)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies]

quote:

How many space walks have you made?

None - then shut up you have no right to speak.

Isn’t that cute the way that works?!

89 posted on 11/15/2023, 3:48:03 AM by NWFree (Sigma male 🤪)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies]

quote:

Four trolling insults after being told to knock it off.

91 posted on 11/15/2023, 3:54:11 AM by TexasGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 90 | View Replies]

quote:

Knock it off!

112 posted on 11/15/2023, 7:05:07 AM by Admin Moderator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 97 | View Replies]

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Scratch Monkey posted:

freep: I could care less if it totally dies for a year. I’ll still get my social security.

This really is Freep in a nutshell.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

kik2dagroin posted:

What is coming is an increase in arable land, substantial crop improvements, lower energy costs, increased pleasant climes, milder winters,and another few decades of staving off an ice age which would destroy all culture.

God dammit this one irritates the gently caress out of me. No it does not you pig ignorant sister-fucker. Taking a place and making it hotter does not automatically make the land arable, far, far less the amount that is required for current human food consumption. Best current guess is that maybe, a solid MAYBE, after centuries (there's debate amount the number but high single digits is not unusual) of uninterrupted biological activity the soil in a newly-warmed area could be used for farm land like we currently use and abuse it.

Maybe.

Next this mouth breathing troglodyte is going to shoot of his dumb god drat mouth about more CO2 in the air means better plants growing because I R S-M-R-T AND KNOW THE SCIENCE WORDS.

Stupid fucker.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
California’s Death Valley: famous for producing 80% of US produce

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
BTW you can actually see the toolset with an average telescope.

Just type your location into here:

https://www.space.com/how-to-track-the-international-space-station

And look up at the coordinates five minutes ahead of schedule

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Presto posted:

This really is Freep in a nutshell.

Get your government hands off my Medicare!

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

FReep: Knock it off!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

BS. Global weather changes are just that - GLOBAL.

Canada and Mexico must be affected the same - if not there’s only two conclusions:

The study is bs.

We’re under attack.

6 posted on 11/14/2023, 5:18:17 PM by Skywise

To be fair to Freep, it looks like they are half right. The article is sort of making the headline sexier than the actual report says.

The report technically says that by 2100 the U.S. is predicted to have an average temperature rise that is 60% higher than the predicted average country in 2100. A big chunk of this is because of Alaska. Canada is also projected to have an average temperature rise that is above the global average in 2100 as well, according to the report.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 16, 2023

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
:freep: They're coming for our lovely website! :tfrxmas:
THE FCC JUST VOTED TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE INTERNET

FCC posted:

WASHINGTON, November 15, 2023—The Federal Communications Commission has adopted final rules to prevent digital discrimination of access to broadband services based on income level, race, ethnicity, color, religion, or national origin. Under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the FCC is required to adopt rules to ensure that all Americans have equal access to reliable, high-speed broadband services without discrimination based on the characteristics listed in the statute.
[T]hese rules target business practices and policies that impede equal access to broadband without adequate justification. The rules focus on the very real problem of outcome, such as when decisions untainted by discriminatory intent nevertheless cause different communities to receive different access to broadband services.
In November 2021, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law was signed into law, including the first broadband access anti-discrimination provisions of the digital age, requiring the FCC to adopt rules by November 15, 2023 to “prevent” and identify necessary steps to “eliminate” digital discrimination.
https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-398477A1.pdf

quote:

To: Aquamarine

Lets hope that someone sue them for exceeding their authority, and that they get slapped down. We need to return to the constitutional fact that only congress can make federal laws.

3 posted on 11/16/2023, 8:42:49 PM by Revel

quote:

Making Internet access a right.

6 posted on 11/16/2023 12:45:26 PM PST by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

quote:

And white dudes like me have to pay for it?

10 posted on 11/16/2023 12:47:43 PM PST by EEGator

quote:

Or their favorite word: “Bringing equity to the net”.

“There’s too many conservative websites! It’s not equitable, therefore Freerepublic is banned”

53 posted on 11/16/2023 2:32:36 PM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free, the USA will never have equal justice under the law)

quote:

To: 1Old Pro

It’s time for another American Revolution.

15 posted on 11/16/2023, 8:51:02 PM by No name given (Anonymous is who you’ll know me as )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

If it gets too crappy, you stop paying for it and leave. This was always a luxury.

21 posted on 11/16/2023, 9:00:10 PM by Luke21

quote:

Here’s hoping when they go after Elon Musk, he will sue, sue sue.

33 posted on 11/16/2023, 9:27:59 PM by Flaming Conservative ((Pray without ceasing)

This post is in big red text.

quote:

NUKE THE UTTERLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL FCC!!!!
35 posted on 11/16/2023, 9:31:34 PM by Jim W N (MAGA by restoring the Gospel of the Grace of Christ (Jude 3) and our Free Constitutional Republic!)

quote:

So, what's the shelf-life of Free Republic?

Do we make it past 4 of July 2024?
43 posted on 11/16/2023, 10:09:06 PM by G Larry (It is RACIST to impose SLAVE WAGES on LEGAL Immigrants by importing Cheap ILLEGAL Labor!)

quote:

To: Tench_Coxe
Just in time for 2024.

I guess using the FBI, IRS and DOJ against conservative Americans wasn't enough. Maybe 51 'intelligence' thugs can sign a letter saying 'shutting down conservative speech is necessary for our nation's security'... (meaning the security of white liberal elite power freaks)
58 posted on 11/16/2023, 10:51:18 PM by GOPJ (When white liberal 'elites' say we must 'save democracy' they mean 'save white liberal elite power'.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

The FCC will review consumer complaints of digital discrimination of access through an improved consumer complaint portal

Excellent lets flood said portal with 10s of thousands of examples of conservatives being discriminated against.
61 posted on 11/16/2023, 11:00:41 PM by usurper (AI was born with a birth defect.)

quote:

Since trans are 0.01% of the population, if they aren't generating 50% of YouTube videos then they are being discriminated against.

The only thing to do is to shutdown all of the "rightwing" YouTube channels so the content creation is equal.
63 posted on 11/16/2023, 11:07:31 PM by who_would_fardels_bear (What is left around which to circle the wagons?)

quote:

China does this same thing.
Odd coincidence that our “President” is on the CCP payroll.
Ministry of Disinformation and all that.

72 posted on 11/16/2023, 11:46:30 PM by Texas resident (Biden=Obama=Jarrett=Soros)

quote:

To: Lockbox
This move by the FCC to regulate the internet is likely caused by the smaller firms providing vigorous competition to Big Tech. Google, Facebook, and other large tech firms have been censoring content for several years now. However, competitors such as Rumble and other independent platforms have been attracting those driven out by the large firms censorship. Conservatism, Inc is tolerated by the monopolist firms as comtrolled opposition, but the successors to Rush Limbaugh are outgunned by the unacceptable types so that Joe Rogan, Alex Jones, and Tucker Carlson have audiences far larger than Sean Hannity or Ben Shapiro. Big Pharma must be displeased at the proliferation of alternate medicine and the increased skepticism toward mainstream medicine such as the COVID shots. Companies like Budweiser, Target, and Disney are more vulnerable to conservative boycotts then they were 5 years ago, at a time before the monopolistic tech firms silenced conservative critics.

As a result, the Biden regime is going toward censorship through the brute force of the FCC.
81 posted on 11/17/2023, 12:36:42 AM by Wallace T.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

quote:

Great!, so when I move to my dream off the grid hideaway in the remotest part of Montana or Wyoming, the FCC will force one of the ISPs to run fiber all the way out to me? That’s awesome. And I’d better have the same multi-gig speeds and low latency as those city dwellers who have the best service, otherwise it’s discrimination. And my bill had better be no more than they’re charging those city dwellers as well, or….you know…discrimination.

On second thought, I just checked my melanin level and realized that it’s probably too low to qualify for this “non-discriminatory” plan.
78 posted on 11/17/2023, 12:15:22 AM by noiseman (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.)

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
All of them talking like the mass arrests happen tomorrow like the FBI hasn't been watching their online activity for more than a decade

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I think the JimRob posts of “STOP SAYING poo poo THAT GETS ME SECRET SERVICE VISITS” are my most favorite there of all. Aside from their weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when something remotely good happens.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
« Great!, so when I move to my dream off the grid hideaway in the remotest part of Montana or Wyoming, the FCC will force one of the ISPs to run fiber all the way out to me? That’s awesome. »

Wouldn’t this be oppressive government tyranny if you’re deliberately going off grid?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

kik2dagroin posted:

:freep: They're coming for our lovely website! :tfrxmas:

This post is in big red text.

Jesus Christ. If anything, this FCC move would seem to help them more than anything but, no, I guess it's another Soros funded move to shut down free speech when it's actually the opposite.

Also, LOL at the guy going "the internet was always a luxury anyway so just don't pay for it", as if you can do anything or function as a member of society without it. Reminds me of when FOX would rail against FLAT SCREEN TV's (when those were the only TV's one could buy) and poor people having MICROWAVES and REFRIGERATORS! Or OBAMAPHONES taht were actually introduced under Bush I believe. Or Reagan.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I think the JimRob posts of “STOP SAYING poo poo THAT GETS ME SECRET SERVICE VISITS” are my most favorite there of all. Aside from their weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when something remotely good happens.

Coupled with WE NEED TO START A REVOLUTION AND KILL PEOPLE but gently caress, man, tone it down a little with the message board comments, would ya? What, are ya tryin to get me in trouble?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 17, 2023

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Lots of the standard “time for a new 1776 someone should do something not me though I got the diabetes”

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Or OBAMAPHONES taht were actually introduced under Bush I believe. Or Reagan.
Both, actually. The Lifeline program to provide phone service to low-income households was created in 1985, and during the GWB admin it was expanded to provide cellular service. Now it includes cellular data as well.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Searching freep for the usage of the word "vermin" over the last few days...
First batch of migrants arrives in Brooklyn, disgusted, ready to leave

quote:

To: 1of10
What the hell do these ignorant new yorkers think this invasion of illegal aliens has been doing to border states?

The highly educated vermin inhabiting cities in he USA know so little about the rest of the country or about Islam, they don't know what they don't know.

Every non Muslim should read a true copy to understand what we are facing.

Don't bother with any printed translation since the 1950s or so. They have been altered to make Islam look like a "religion of peace".

IMHO, the best translation is for free here:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16955
This is a link to a free book on Gutenberg.org, three translations by 3 Imams of the Holy Quran side by side.
8 posted on 11/13/2023, 11:52:57 AM by Mogger

Behar: Support for Trump Is ‘About Racism and Taxes,’ Retaining Power

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27
That is when you start talking about people as vermin. That means that you have dehumanized them and the next step is extermination.

Projection.
8 posted on 11/14/2023, 7:05:53 PM by E. Pluribus Unum (The worst thing about censorship is █████ ██ ████ ████████ █ ███████ ████. FJB.)

Meacham: Trump Is Using the Hate Language of the ‘Third Reich’

quote:

“we pledge to you that we will root out the communists, marxists, fascists, and radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country. That lie, steal, and cheat on elections.”

Reason 1001 why I will vote for Trump.

What is best in life? Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

34 posted on 11/13/2023, 6:36:45 PM by DeplorablePaul

Behind the Curtain: Trump allies pre-screen loyalists for unprecedented power grab

quote:

To: Duke C.

Good. Trump was surrounded by establishment traitors during his first admin. It will be good if he can hit the ground running. There are a lot of vermin to exterminate in the DC swamp.

5 posted on 11/14/2023, 2:18:38 PM by DeplorablePaul

Steve Bannon Makes Explosive Prediction, Stuns Anti-Trump Reporters – WATCH

quote:

To: Red Badger

I’ll support Conservatives that want to go scorched earth. I’m not terribly interested in anyone else.

2 posted on 11/13/2023, 8:41:52 PM by ClearCase_guy

quote:

To: ClearCase_guy

Same here. I can’t stand DC GOP vermin.

7 posted on 11/13/2023, 8:53:30 PM by hardspunned (Former DC GOP globalist stooge)

US House votes to pause impeachment of Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas

quote:

To: Coronal

Pussies. Vermin the new RINO.

21 posted on 11/14/2023, 1:44:29 AM by ConservativeInPA (Rebuild the Temple.)

Man Stabs 4 Women at Louisiana Tech Campus – University Claims “Random Act of Violence”

quote:

To: llevrok

"Reading the linked article - four white women stabbed
by one black man.

Hate crime? (rhetorically)

Revenge against the white women that want nothing
to do with the vermin.
16 posted on 11/14/2023, 11:18:02 PM by chief lee runamok (Anti Socialist Flâneur@Large)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

US lawmakers horrified by video of Hamas atrocities: It's like visiting Auschwitz

quote:

To: rlmorel

I shake my head at people who “cannot watch” such videos. I always think about how those victims would react to someone saying it’s too hard to watch, or unsuitable to watch.

Imagine that happened to you or yours, I would want the whole world to know the truth about the vermin that did it. I would be revolted at those who deliberately avoid knowing.

44 posted on 11/15/2023, 12:08:08 AM by DesertRhino (Dogs are called man's best friend. Moslems hate dogs. Add it up..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Gunman who shot dead his mom, brother and hero Austin SWAT officer was also on the FBI's TERROR watchlist

quote:

To: Paladin2

Is there ONE PERSON here who is at all surprised by this, FBI is the most useless SCUM on the planet!! OH BUT is was so important for our side to vote to give these VERMIN a brand new complex LARGER than the Pentagon!! I am SO DONE with ALL scum republicans ALL OF THEM!!

13 posted on 11/15/2023, 8:43:12 AM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

Biden: Trump’s ‘vermin’ remark echoes language used in Nazi Germany

quote:

To: Skywise

I’d say that Vermin is accurate.

14 posted on 11/15/2023, 2:19:26 PM by G. W. McLintock

quote:

But when we hear various leftists calling for the elimination of all Republicans, there is nothing Nazi-like about that at all, is there?

Since leftists quote everything out of context, we really don’t know from Biden’s remark what the “vermin” Trump was talking about are, do we?

Here is a more contextual quote: Trump delivered remarks to supporters in New Hampshire in which he pledged that, if reelected, he would “root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country,” and warning of the “threat from within.”

Unlike the communists, Marxists, fascists, and radical left who are more and more openly calling for the eradication of their opponents, I did not see Trump urging to kill them all.

Biden’s remark sounds a lot like Nazi propaganda to me. The Nazis did not just wake up one day and decide to round up all the Jews. They waged a campaign of character assassination for years, while they blamed Jews for everything that was wrong with German society. Only after they created an atmosphere of hate did they actually start to go after them. This is what our leftists are doing today, building an atmosphere of hate so that they can feel justified in killing large numbers of people.

22 posted on 11/15/2023, 2:29:09 PM by exDemMom (Dr. exDemMom, infectious disease and vaccines research specialist.)

quote:

Oh Lordy not the “Trump is just like Hitler “ routine again

Dems are vermin

23 posted on 11/15/2023, 2:31:51 PM by Nifster ( I see puppy dogs in the clouds )

quote:

Rutabaga and DemoKKKrats are vermin.

33 posted on 11/15/2023, 2:55:04 PM by LS

quote:

Well, they ARE VERMIN, and, they deserve the comeuppance they are going to get in 2025!

38 posted on 11/15/2023, 3:13:29 PM by Taxman ((SAVE AMERICA! VOTE REPUBLICAN IN 2024! SAVE AMERICA!))

quote:

Biden & Party = Vermin In America

A danger to one and all

40 posted on 11/15/2023, 3:29:30 PM by Vaduz (....)

quote:

The Biden crime family itself is a great example of VERMIN.

41 posted on 11/15/2023 7:32:42 AM PST by alstewartfan ("She looks like she's 19 years old, sitting there like a lady with her legs crossed." Creepy Joe)

quote:

Except it’s the vermin, not Trump, who are the Jew-haters.

46 posted on 11/15/2023, 4:14:06 PM by marron

Colorado hiker Rich Moore's Jack Russell, Finney, survived off chipmunks and insects while guarding his body for nearly 3 months in mountains

quote:

To: CivilWarBrewing

I would expect nothing less from a Jack. Amazing little dogs. Brave as a lion, stone cold killers of vermin. Most are very sweet and cuddly. Always up for an adventure.

24 posted on 11/16/2023, 1:54:14 AM by Himyar (Comes A Stillness/ God Bless Robert E. Lee)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: yesthatjallen

I’ve had three JRs over the years. Every one of them would do the same for me I’m sure. They are born vermin hunter killers by nature.

57 posted on 11/16/2023, 4:59:33 AM by strongbow

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Elon Musk is accused of promoting anti-Semitism

quote:

To: Angelino97
Totally support Israel in this war. But yes, American secular Jews have been massively in support of the BLM, SPLC, Antifa cabal. That is just a fact. It has been since the weather underground days and heavy Jewish participation in 1930s-50s American communism.

However, that fact has nothing I can see to do with Israel or observant religious Jews, and what is going on over there. Nothing but a jackass would give the finger to Israel in this fight because you oppose Hollywood and US secular political Jews like Schumer.

In fact, US citizen absentee voting among Jewish Americans living in Israel is the exact opposite of the voting pattern of US secular coastal Jews. Massively Republican.

Elon isn’t wrong. And he is free to safely speak his mind because he is the wealthiest man on earth. Also, before rushing to attack him, I would suggest he has interactions, experiences, and contacts that we cannot imagine.

9 posted on 11/16/2023, 12:18:43 AM by DesertRhino (Dogs are called man's best friend. Moslems hate dogs. Add it up..)

quote:

To: Angelino97
How many American liberal a Jews, support CRT or DEI?

Those seek to oppress Whites.

5 posted on 11/16/2023, 12:08:10 AM by Fai Mao ( Starve the Beast and steal its food)

quote:

To: Mears
They don’t consider themselves white. They will use their Jewish identity, when convenient, and they will claim to be white, when it serves their purpose as well.

Not all Jews do this, but the ones that push leftist identification do.

32 posted on 11/16/2023, 5:48:20 AM by Jonty30 (It turns out that I did not buy my cell phone for all the calls I might be missing at home.)

quote:

To: Mears
Jewish people ARE white….
Jewish people are white when they say things like, "As a white person, what America needs is more immigration and diversity for this is the future of our country."

Jewish people are not white when they say things like, "White people need to look in the mirror and take accountability for their racism and bigotry!"

They want to have it both ways.

8 posted on 11/16/2023, 12:15:31 AM by Drew68 (Ron DeSantis for President. A conservative who fights and wins..)

quote:

To: Altura Ct.
The ADL was taken over (along with some more Jewish community service groups and charities) several years ago. It is now run by a communistic globalist policy that frequently is antisemitic in effect if not in intent.

We are unaware of ADL helping any Jewish people overcome the (increasing widespread) antisemitism such as on college campuses, in governmental (primarily) hiring and promotions, and the like. The legitimate Jewish community is ill-served by leftist activists using legitimate (and in ADL’s case at least) highly respected organizations for their own political purposes.

Jewish people know they need new organizations to help them with their legitimate concerns but those I’ve spoken with are still hoping ADL and its like will somehow be restored to proper function and focus again. Alas, the folks we spoke with have no idea how this can be achieved.

Thus, we can probably expect the current unsatisfactory situation to continue indefinitely (and Jews suffering discrimination have no genuine help as the federal administration’s agencies offer effectively none to Jews, either — the last instance we know about the EEOC wouldn’t even interview witnesses and instead just punted, leaving the aggrieved individuals alone to hire private attorneys).

47 posted on 11/16/2023, 9:35:51 AM by faithhopecharity (“Politicians are not born. They're excreted.” Marcus Tillius Cicero (106 to 43 BCE))

quote:

To: lee martell
I just listened to an interview of Candace Owens with Tucker. She goes into this a bit. So many Jews heavily funding major universities who has been peddling white hate for years are suddenly upset at those same universities because their students are so pro-terrorist now.

IOW, why did they have no problem funding it for years, but now that they’re seeing the fruits of their donations, they take their money and run.

Rather ironic that students they’ve paid to develop are all marching for Hamas.

19 posted on 11/16/2023, 12:59:44 AM by JudyinCanada (America's enemies want you to "trust the plan." Fight in reality, not the rabbit holes.)

quote:

To: StolarStorm
In a way this question matters. My son is at one of those campuses that are filled with Hamas supporters and violent protests. Everyone also assumes he is Jewish. Right now, he is afraid and has not been leaving his dorm room for the last few days. I’m thinking he needs to join up with some of the Jewish groups that are forming for self defense. If they are a target, he will be as well.

31 posted on 11/16/2023, 3:16:01 AM by StolarStorm

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Sarcastr0 posted:

when we hear various leftists calling for the elimination of all Republicans, there is nothing Nazi-like about that at all, is there?

many democrats are saying this

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

They are all vastly misunderstanding this. I think they saw the word discrimination and though that they meant what they do on the daily on FR and not, discrimination in the sense of physical access to the internet. Its so funny when they tell on themselves without even realizing it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

r00tn00b posted:

They are all vastly misunderstanding this. I think they saw the word discrimination and though that they meant what they do on the daily on FR and not, discrimination in the sense of physical access to the internet. Its so funny when they tell on themselves without even realizing it.

Before I read the article I assumed it was about network neutrality. Freepers may have too - it was a bugbear of theirs back when it was being pushed and that's the kind of thing they used to say about it.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Before I read the article I assumed it was about network neutrality. Freepers may have too - it was a bugbear of theirs back when it was being pushed and that's the kind of thing they used to say about it.

yeah thats what misunderstanding means...

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Starship test flight makes progress, but ship and booster explode

quote:

To: fhayek

The old classic -— “Patient dies, but operation a success”

4 posted on 11/18/2023, 3:41:31 PM by ClearCase_guy (They say "Our Democracy" but they mean Cosa Nostra.)

quote:

To: tomkat

Second stage made it to 24,000 KPH before telemetry died. 26,000 KPH is orbital velocity. Second stage went pretty much the whole way. The hot staging was a success. The first stage was terminated. The engine malfunctions were likely due to pressure loss in the methane tanks due to the heat from the first stage.

This was a wildly successful launch all things considered.

37 posted on 11/18/2023 8:53:27 AM PST by rarestia (“A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one.” -Hamilton)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: FarCenter

This is incredible progress to see. The system has extended and will eventually become successful. Brings back so many great work memories.

10 posted on 11/18/2023, 3:59:07 PM by R0CK3T

quote:

quote:

To: BereanBrain

In the 1950s when they blew up rockets they did not have press agents crowing about “success”.

In those days they knew it meant they had some hard work ahead of them.

21 posted on 11/18/2023 8:21:55 AM PST by cgbg ("Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." Anna Freud.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: cgbg

They didn’t have naggers like you either.

30 posted on 11/18/2023 8:35:02 AM PST by BereanBrain
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

quote:

If they had press agents claiming success for the latest explosion even five year old me would have been “nagging” them....

;-)

31 posted on 11/18/2023 8:37:35 AM PST by cgbg ("Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." Anna Freud.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies ]

quote:

First, you have to go to what SpaceX defines as their mission on these test flights.
They have CONSISTENTLY said their goal is not perfection, it’s FAIL FAST - it’s a different engineering philosophy, thus they move 10x faster and get results 20x less expensive than NASA.

Educate yourself on the cost to orbit for SpaceX Falcon9 (249 and counting successful missions to orbit and landing) vs NASA. Literally they are approaching 1000 times less costly than NASA.

And folks like you just throw rocks.

40 posted on 11/18/2023 8:58:56 AM PST by BereanBrain
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies ]

quote:

Just for your awareness, that individual insists that NASA never landed men on the Moon. Teddy Roosevelt had him nailed.

44 posted on 11/18/2023 9:07:45 AM PST by NorthMountain (... the right of the peopIe to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: NorthMountain

Well I know for sure Elon Musk never landed on the moon.

This thread reminds me of twelve year old boys talking about their latest “adventures”.

“I walked up to the girl and she actually said hello to me and smiled. Then I tripped on the chair and fell on my face. Success!”

lol.

46 posted on 11/18/2023 9:10:16 AM PST by cgbg ("Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." Anna Freud.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I loving LOVE that freepers are forced to acknowledge that moon landing deniers and other assorted dipshits are just an expected part of their constituency.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Self-delusion at its finest.
Neo-Nazis March Through Madison Yelling ‘There Will Be Blood’

quote:

Such unmitigated bullshit. There aren't two dozen Nazis in all of America, much less Madison, WI.

There are, however, likely to be two dozen FBI agents trying to frame an agenda.

Note that the 'Nazis' are all fit. Not one fatty. And per FBI s.o.p., they all have matching uniforms. On the plus side, at least the FBI has ditched the blue shirts and beige dockers.
1 posted on 11/19/2023, 2:53:09 PM by Lazamataz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

Feds.

3 posted on 11/19/2023, 2:56:00 PM by nonliberal (Z.)

quote:

To: nonliberal

Every last one of them.

Well, maybe they got one patsy to join them.

4 posted on 11/19/2023, 2:56:43 PM by Lazamataz (The firearms I own today, are the firearms I will die with. How I die will be up to them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: nonliberal

And the thing is, it fools no one. Not even the press. They willingly publish the narrative, not because they believe a word of it, but because they wish to further the propaganda.

6 posted on 11/19/2023, 2:59:43 PM by Lazamataz (The firearms I own today, are the firearms I will die with. How I die will be up to them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

FEDS!!! FEDS!!!

20 posted on 11/19/2023, 3:10:09 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: Dutch Boy

FOLLOW THEM and SEE IF THEY HAVE A GHOST BUS TO PICK THEM UP!!

21 posted on 11/19/2023, 3:11:14 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Real Nazis would not mask up. They are proud of their ignorance and hate.

34 posted on 11/19/2023 7:21:30 AM PST by Vermont Lt (Don’t vote for anyone over 70 years old. Get rid of the geriatric politicians.)

quote:

To: Vermont Lt
Real Nazis would not mask up. They are proud of their ignorance and hate.

FBI agents on assignment would, though.
40 posted on 11/19/2023 7:23:42 AM PST by Lazamataz (The firearms I own today, are the firearms I will die with. How I die will be up to them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

quote:

Looks like Antifa - or some Soros paid AstroTurf ‘protesters’...

Notice how they’re all wearing masks? Anyone check to see where the buses are parked - and/or who bought and paid for the props?

FBI might be afraid of paying these thugs after the J6 stunt. I’m going with some democrat hate group... BLM or Antifa.

42 posted on 11/19/2023, 3:24:09 PM by GOPJ (When white liberal 'elites' say we must 'save democracy' they mean 'save white liberal elite power'.)

quote:

To: chief lee runamok

window 11 upgrade causing double post, Mod, please delete one.

43 posted on 11/19/2023, 3:24:11 PM by chief lee runamok (Anti Socialist Flâneur@Large)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

quote:

Q:When are Nazis NOT Nazis? A:when they ARE Nazis.

57 posted on 11/19/2023, 4:06:53 PM by Qwapisking ("IF the Second goes first the First goes second" L.Star )

quote:

False Flage Fed operation, they MUST KEEP their narrative alive with ALL of their own MORONS out there by the thousands creating chaos, breaking into and defacing buildings!! The FBI says OH let’s get some NAZIS out there we are losing our narrative!! SUCH A JOKE!!

67 posted on 11/19/2023, 4:44:13 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 65 | View Replies]

quote:

Yep

I live where the original Klan formed during reconstruction

And I remember the activity in 60s

Now I’d wage support for Israel amongst native whites here but especially the Deep South is 95-99%

Even southern blacks are less likely to be anti Israel like in urban centers

So I don’t buy this either

And it’s not just dispensation rapture stuff either

It’s commonality of civilized versus savage

76 posted on 11/19/2023, 5:20:28 PM by wardaddy (I have seen true anti semitism is more common in USA than I imagined. A disease in the public mind)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

quote:

Real Nazis would not mask up.

???

Homegrown nazis have been masking up since long before the german fella popularized the ideals

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

???

Homegrown nazis have been masking up since long before the german fella popularized the ideals

Looks like a bunch of :byodood: DEMOCRATS to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
False Flage Fed Operation