Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

KakerMix posted:

There was a nothing that can be done to an LLV that's worse than their working careers.

Wrong thread, slammed LLV is cool as hell.

This, nothing of value was lost.

And you can flex your RHD USDM specs at the meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casque
Mar 17, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I was already having a poo poo-assed day so it's a good thing this loving RV wheel cover thing appeared in the middle of the highway to cheer me up!

Cracked radiator and plenty of shredded plastic splash guards.

You didn't see it in time with all those headlights?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Wrong thread, this looks cool as gently caress and anyone saying otherwise wears Birkenstocks and cargo shorts.

I wear boots and jeans, thank you very much.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

honda whisperer posted:

This, nothing of value was lost.

And you can flex your RHD USDM specs at the meet.

Just owning an LLV at all is a huge flex imho, like if somehow you ended up with an old style UPS truck

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
17 votes for wrong thread
4 votes for right thread.

AI has spoken. Slammed LLVs are not terrible car stuff.

KakerMix posted:

Just owning an LLV at all is a huge flex imho, like if somehow you ended up with an old style UPS truck

I for one would love to get my fingers on one.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cursedshitbox posted:

Slammed LLVs are not terrible car stuff.

this is correct

Darchangel posted:

Gimme. I'd drive it as long as it has AC. And maybe a little sound deadening. Oh, and something a bit more ballsy than the Tech 4.

aren't they basically an S10 underneath? swap kits exist for those. unfortunately, they're all smog dogs, so you can't legally do too much with them.

actually, i wonder if they're classed as a truck, so any junkyard 5.3 or 6.0 could get ref'd if you wanted to jump through all those hoops for some reason. probably not

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LLVs suck poo poo through a straw but the kind of person who would go through the effort to get an LLV and then mod it is very AI.

Also RHD USDM flex

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Give me an LLV and a rolled Syclone and I'll show you a good time...

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wrong thread but right wheels, make me want to RatFink a mail car

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Could you fit the engine from a syclone in a LLV? It's a turbo v6 so maybe?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

No. 6 posted:

Someone defaced the side of your car, too

Fun with dry erase markers!

Scratch Monkey posted:

He got that Hotwheels flame design

Kind of!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

isnt the llv's chassis just an s-10? you could do all kinds of crazy poo poo to that, the S-10 had huge aftermarket support during the peak years of truck lowering

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Large Testicles posted:

hey, i happen to be wearing both of those right now and i agreed with you!

With all due respect boss, you are clearly a freak of nature.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Q_res posted:

Give me an LLV and a rolled Syclone and I'll show you a good time...

Forget the Syclone, Tony Angelo recently junkyarded a DIY version with great results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bqjG8YqKw

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Forget the Syclone, Tony Angelo recently junkyarded a DIY version with great results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bqjG8YqKw

that probably wouldn't work without some serious fab work, i think the LLV used the 2wd chassis and tony mentioned it had to be a 4wd chassis. but i mean, we're already into serious daydream territory, so gently caress it go loud

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Raluek posted:

this is correct

aren't they basically an S10 underneath? swap kits exist for those. unfortunately, they're all smog dogs, so you can't legally do too much with them.

actually, i wonder if they're classed as a truck, so any junkyard 5.3 or 6.0 could get ref'd if you wanted to jump through all those hoops for some reason. probably not

Yes, essentially an S10. 2WD front suspension, wider 4x4 rear axle to make the loading floor that much wider (now you know why it has a wider track in the rear), ancient pushrod Tech 4 initially, eventually the OHC 4 when GM finally just stopped making Tech 4s.

There are folks who have LS swapped and LLV. One I saw from LS Fest that's literally the only mod they made besides tires and wheels. Don't even think they lowered it. It looked *scary*.
Would.

orange juche posted:

Yeah, The LLV is a first-gen S10 underneath.

Cactus Ghost posted:

that probably wouldn't work without some serious fab work, i think the LLV used the 2wd chassis and tony mentioned it had to be a 4wd chassis. but i mean, we're already into serious daydream territory, so gently caress it go loud

But this.
The front chassis is different on the 4WD/4x4 - it uses torsion bars, and I *think* is a little wider to accommodate the diff, etc.

edit: which just means you do a frame swap, too, obviously.

edit edit: holy poo poo, 4x4 LLV!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

orange juche posted:

I would think finding space for the turbo and intercooler would be a challenge, but the engine itself should fit easily enough.

Supercharged 3800 would be a lot easier to source. Wouldn't need to do nearly as much fabrication either. Buuuut not as cool.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

randomidiot posted:

I would think finding space for the turbo and intercooler would be a challenge, but the engine itself should fit easily enough.

Supercharged 3800 would be a lot easier to source. Wouldn't need to do nearly as much fabrication either. Buuuut not as cool.

Don't compromise your vision with "practicality", add a turbo to the supercharged engine

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I like the way you think.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

randomidiot posted:

I like the way you think.

And get yourself a custom molded/printed 3800 Series IV cover. :getin:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Isn't it technically illegal to own a LLV?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

DarkSol posted:

Only the ones that were sold to USPS. There are a handful of Grumman LLVs that weren't, and those are the ones that are floating around in private hands.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Safety Dance posted:

Only the ones that were sold to USPS. There are a handful of Grumman LLVs that weren't, and those are the ones that are floating around in private hands.

Well, that's neat. Thanks :)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Safety Dance posted:

Yup, a lot of the final 2 year models (1994-1995?) were sold to city fleets once USPS decided they had enough, titled as S-10s. Some also wound up in Canada and Mexico. This one is one of the ones sold to cities, the paint scheme is a dead giveaway.

RCR went over one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3g2p4KKS74

You'll never find a former USPS one though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 17, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

that's weird, because don't a bunch of other postal vehicles find their way to private ownership, like the RHD subarus and the 2wd jeeps

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

randomidiot posted:

Needs a 12a

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cactus Ghost posted:

that's weird, because don't a bunch of other postal vehicles find their way to private ownership, like the RHD subarus and the 2wd jeeps

Paper records are a hell of a drug

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DarkSol posted:

You can buy old postal vehicles at government auction when they retire them from the fleet, so it's not technically illegal to own an old USPS LLV. You'll never see an old USPS LLV at auction however, they're run until there's nothing left, and then scrapped out for parts to keep other LLVs on the road, as evidenced by LLVs still being on the road doing postal delivery 36 years after they were made.

The illegal part comes from impersonating a postal carrier, so if you do win a USPS LLV at auction if you ever find one, you have to remove all markings identifying it as a USPS vehicle if there's any left.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 17, 2023

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

orange juche posted:

The illegal part comes from impersonating a postal carrier, so if you do win a USPS LLV at auction if you ever find one, you have to remove all markings identifying it as a USPS vehicle if there's any left.

This is the thing; I'd love to import one into a RHD country with full-USPS livery and cruise around there like "yup!"

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Grumman sold some LLV as civilian models. Not clear why but they exist. North of 100 units but not by a whole lot. The paint job sort of tells the story

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

NoWake posted:

This is the thing; I'd love to import one into a RHD country with full-USPS livery and cruise around there like "yup!"

Nothing stopping you doing that, American imperialist pig post office cops got no jurisdiction in other countries!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

17 votes for wrong thread
4 votes for right thread.

AI has spoken. Slammed LLVs are not terrible car stuff.

I for one would love to get my fingers on one.

So,

Fine, I guess to randomly put this up to a vote, and I guess probate me over it(?) I had three IRL folks message me about how weird this was. Particularly the 18 hour part.

Um, would have been fine if it were a 6 hour probe, like you gave yourself. Totally cool. But you gave me an 18 hour probe? Not cool. Let's keep parity on these things. 6 hours is good. Literal nothingburger.vThis is the second weird probation you've given me (the first most people (4 or 5? 7 ? I lost count) disagreed with, saying you misread my post.

Not big big on mod sass but this is twice you hosed me. I am active in other subforums, also those closely tied to my work. You're actively interfering in my life. I'll stop posting in this subforum if that's what you're trying to tell me. I can't have you loving up my career when I'm asking for advice in other subforums. 6 hours is fine. Pick a lane.

I guess I could have PMd you about this. I PMd the mod about your last thing and they didn't care (to their credit they were on vacation, so they get a pass) so I'm making this public.

Not looking for a response. You are actively impacting me.

Please be advised. Thanks.

:qqsay:

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

Hadlock posted:

But you gave me an 18 hour probe? [...] You're actively interfering in my life.

I have lurked for the better part of two decades instead of posting on dead internet comedy forums and I have seen a lot of funny stuff here but "I was forced to lurk for 18 hours instead of posting on dead internet comedy forums, and that interferes with my life" is definitely up there with the funniest

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I admit to being someone who doesn't get "comedy probations". Go steal a ham from the grocery store if you want to feel like an outlaw.

If you break a thread rule, the stated punishment should be meted out.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 17, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

:yikes:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

my posting career is in RUINS :qq:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MrChips posted:

my posting career is in RUINS :qq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHhOn2hnqmI

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

leveraging a 30 year old bbs owned and operated by an oxy addict for most of that time as my business's main communication medium sounds like just bad business continuity

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's called synergy, okay? I subcontract Goldbelly orders through SA-Mart and it really hurts the bottom line if we're down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Linux Fairy posted:

I have lurked for the better part of two decades instead of posting on dead internet comedy forums and I have seen a lot of funny stuff here but "I was forced to lurk for 18 hours instead of posting on dead internet comedy forums, and that interferes with my life" is definitely up there with the funniest

Imagine being someone like Tenement Funster who was clinically incapable of not posting, for years, after their permaban