Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I am somehow playing against Gus in like every league. This is fine :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/mikegarafolo/status/1725373980188541296?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

https://x.com/hollowaynfln/status/1725371572494766352?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

:rip:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

We are not allowed to have nice things this season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
mandrews hosed me man. so bad

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Chernabog posted:

Andrews and Burrow owner checking in.

Drafted Andrews and literally just traded for Burrows this week (along with DeVante Adams last week) to make a run. I have no draft picks between the 2nd and 5th rounds next year.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :smithicide:

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 17, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Well, that gets rid of the dilemma for which good player do I need to drop for all of my week 13 byes.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The players I drafted included:

Nick Chubb
JK Dobbins
Mandrews
Khalil Herbert

I also picked up De'Von Achane and Kyren Williams early on

Cursed season

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
And I was just turning my season around for my Burrow Chase team. Well, time to go lose to the last place team after that performance :sigh:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Are Andrews and/or Burrows droppable now? Might be able to grab other players before the games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Andrews is out for the season so yes, definitely.

Burrow, no

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Chernabog posted:

Are Andrews and/or Burrows droppable now? Might be able to grab other players before the games.

Schefter says Andrews has a “serious ankle injury” and is “unlikely to return this season”

Sounds very droppable to me

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sorry folks. I traded for Andrews on Wednesday, so that one is on me.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp, now I’m pretty much forced to make a trade now since it’s deadline in our league and I have Andrews and the TE wire is a graveyard.

I have a standing offer from my friend for my Monty for his Kincaid and Brian Robinson. I think that seems like a good trade, but I love Monty :(

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hello I am also a sad Mark Andrews owner

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That is a gift and I would take that immediately.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Honestly never investing in an early round TE again.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
I, too, have Mandrews. But I did grab Engram off the wire during his bye-week because I knew it was just a matter of time…

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I traded for and wildly started Kittle over Andrews so Kittle's next

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

God I hope Taysom comes back from bye and goes nuts

T-Square
May 14, 2009

gently caress it I traded Javonte Williams for Trey McBride. Probably favors the other team but I don’t think Williams has ever made it off my bench with a CMC/Ken Walker/Monty stack so I’m not going to miss him. Hopefully a Murray and McBride connection does something

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

T-Square posted:

Welp, now I’m pretty much forced to make a trade now since it’s deadline in our league and I have Andrews and the TE wire is a graveyard.

I have a standing offer from my friend for my Monty for his Kincaid and Brian Robinson. I think that seems like a good trade, but I love Monty :(

This seems like a trade that helps both teams. I like it.

e: ah well you already made what sounds like a more beneficial trade for you. Nice

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

This seems like a trade that helps both teams. I like it.

e: ah well you already made what sounds like a more beneficial trade for you. Nice

Yeah I liked the first offer a lot but…I traded away Monty early in my other league and regretted it since, so I really don’t want to get rid of him

E:Although in my haste I did not realize that the Cards have a week 14 Bye, god damnit :doh:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I really wish fantasy experts would stop hyping Zay Flowers. Dude never puts up points.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Apparently Garrett Wilson is highly questionable this weekend too. lol I am so dead.

Achane please come back and drop another 50 burger thx

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mega dy posted:

I really wish fantasy experts would stop hyping Zay Flowers. Dude never puts up points.

Yeah it’s super annoying. They act like he’s the ravens WR1 and then OBJ puts up more points every game

I am extremely hopeful Jamo gets more targets soon so I can drop flowers

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mega dy posted:

didn't he nearly have two TDs last night?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mega dy posted:

Baltimore only understands :schotty:

Matt Zerella posted:

Honestly never investing in an early round TE again.

This is the way :hai:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Overspending on Kelce hasn't really hurt me but yeah next year I'm not bothering with a "top" TE, just pick up some guy for a few bux, play the waivers and see what comes up.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

mega dy posted:

Have you considered that fantasy experts suck and are bad

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Every one of my teams with Mark Andrews kicks rear end. I hope everyone next year goes back to not spending on tight ends. poo poo happens. It sucks. Half my money public leagues had him, but anyone you invest a lot of money in getting hurt fucks you. I'm more mad at myself for not stashing McBride when I had the chance.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Sataere posted:

Every one of my teams with Mark Andrews kicks rear end. I hope everyone next year goes back to not spending on tight ends. poo poo happens. It sucks. Half my money public leagues had him, but anyone you invest a lot of money in getting hurt fucks you. I'm more mad at myself for not stashing McBride when I had the chance.

I never even considered stashing another TE, even though I had many chances. Because I had Andrews. This sucks.
I'm picking up Friermuth and I hate it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

I never even considered stashing another TE, even though I had many chances. Because I had Andrews. This sucks.
I'm picking up Friermuth and I hate it.

In my draft I picked up Kmet and Schultz, partially for bye coverage, and partially to sit on one or the other because I figured someone will need a TE at some point

Ended up dropping Schultz for Taysom and I had dropped Kmet for Thomas until I swapped em back a few weeks ago

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

Yeah I don't get the line from "Andrews suffered a fluke injury" -> "NEVER DRAFT A TIGHT END!!!!!!!!!!". It's football, the guys who don't miss half the year with a brutal injury are the outliers. I know I sure wish I had drafted Kelce over Davante Adams right now (he wasn't available when I was picking at 9, just making a comparison). If you got Hockensen you're loving life. The top TEs have kicked rear end this year.

Obviously I wish I had McBride or Kincaid or something on my bench now but I don't know that I would stash a TE just in case if I had it to do over again. Maybe my leagues all have very shallow benches? But I was not going to forego someone like Tyjae Spears or Tank Dell early in the season who could turn into high end assets just to hold a backup TE. Part of the reason to draft a top TE is to not have to worry about all the guys in the bottom tier battling to be king of poo poo Mountain.

Losing Andrews sucks rear end but I don't think drafting him was bad process at all.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am considering drafting two TEs in the future, not because of injury concerns but because it doubles my chances of actually getting a startable one

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The trick to Tight Ends is you have to believe. Believe in the dream! You can't grudgingly start one becuase, gently caress it, it's all I got. You gotta intentionally start Cole Kmet because you believe he will rally your team and raise the American flag over the White House as you retake it from the Russians. He's the one leading the charge at Gettysburg. He is Iron Man. believe!!!!!!!!!

that's my scientific thought process.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poque posted:

I am considering drafting two TEs in the future, not because of injury concerns but because it doubles my chances of actually getting a startable one

Also doubles your chance of having two wasted roster spots instead of one!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I don't get the line from "Andrews suffered a fluke injury" -> "NEVER DRAFT A TIGHT END!!!!!!!!!!". It's football, the guys who don't miss half the year with a brutal injury are the outliers. I know I sure wish I had drafted Kelce over Davante Adams right now (he wasn't available when I was picking at 9, just making a comparison). If you got Hockensen you're loving life. The top TEs have kicked rear end this year.

Obviously I wish I had McBride or Kincaid or something on my bench now but I don't know that I would stash a TE just in case if I had it to do over again. Maybe my leagues all have very shallow benches? But I was not going to forego someone like Tyjae Spears or Tank Dell early in the season who could turn into high end assets just to hold a backup TE. Part of the reason to draft a top TE is to not have to worry about all the guys in the bottom tier battling to be king of poo poo Mountain.

Losing Andrews sucks rear end but I don't think drafting him was bad process at all.

My problem with it isn't "DONT DRAFT A TE", my problem with it is unlike all the other positions, losing a tier one TE guy is such a catastrophic event considering the positional drop-off, id rather not have that problem looming. If you lose a late round or waiver guy, who gives a poo poo they're all interchangeable.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

Also doubles your chance of having two wasted roster spots instead of one!

very true! I'd still rather have had a second TE dart throw than my late-draft selections of Rashaad Penny or Darnell Mooney though

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

My problem with it isn't "DONT DRAFT A TE", my problem with it is unlike all the other positions, losing a tier one TE guy is such a catastrophic event considering the positional drop-off, id rather not have that problem looming. If you lose a late round or waiver guy, who gives a poo poo they're all interchangeable.

People don't generally realize that the TE injury rate is comparable to RBs. It just doesn't generally matter because so few tight ends are fantasy relevant, and Kelce has been an iron man.

It's a high risk high reward draft strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ayudo posted:

People don't generally realize that the TE injury rate is comparable to RBs. It just doesn't generally matter because so few tight ends are fantasy relevant, and Kelce has been an iron man.

It's a high risk high reward draft strategy.

This is patently false. The tight end injury rate is more comparable to receivers. Because that is what they are.