Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

fanny packrat posted:

Some good fuckin' poo poo.

Second game, end up versus the standard dawdle 'delete everything you have' Thief Priest.

Fed him a 14/10 Core Hound with Trample to end up OTK'ing him. Excellent deck, would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
god I loving loathe warlock

sure, priest is the problem, it's never the class that has draw-on-command, near-infinite removal, good healing, and several redundant inevitable wincons. why the hell does this stupid class always get a free pass? is it because people still remember zoo as fun-but-fair despite the class being nothing but hard control for the better part of a decade? I'm not even pointing specifically to excavate here, that's just the latest example of this horseshit. worse is that people are saying "better not nerf it too hard, wouldn't want to kill the deck" as if there aren't at least three other classes absolutely dying for the type of wincon quality that warlock has with Sargeras, Dar'Khan Drathis, Symphony of Sins, the big undead reanimator package, and the Forge of Wills package (all of which are simply on top of the neutral stuff in Astalor and Ignis, plus there's Jaraxxus just sitting there somehow not being played).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Both those Hunter decks are fun and I've typically found standard Hunter to be boring as poo poo for the last 3 or 4 years. Thank you

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

This deck is disgusting, holy poo poo

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

orangelex44 posted:

god I loving loathe warlock

sure, priest is the problem, it's never the class that has draw-on-command, near-infinite removal, good healing, and several redundant inevitable wincons. why the hell does this stupid class always get a free pass? is it because people still remember zoo as fun-but-fair despite the class being nothing but hard control for the better part of a decade? I'm not even pointing specifically to excavate here, that's just the latest example of this horseshit. worse is that people are saying "better not nerf it too hard, wouldn't want to kill the deck" as if there aren't at least three other classes absolutely dying for the type of wincon quality that warlock has with Sargeras, Dar'Khan Drathis, Symphony of Sins, the big undead reanimator package, and the Forge of Wills package (all of which are simply on top of the neutral stuff in Astalor and Ignis, plus there's Jaraxxus just sitting there somehow not being played).

I can't hate on warlock as I can on no wincon priest, at least the games moves.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
When does Voyage rotate?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

When does Voyage rotate?

Next expansion, so about 4 months.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It might be a little sooner than that. The current Tavern Pass expires towards the end of February. Combined with Badlands coming out a few weeks early, it looks like they’re trying to adjust their release cadence somewhat.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Something that's REALLY fun in duels? Double Battlecry with an Excavate deck. Double the fun having Patchwerk gobble up to 6 minions when played.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
That Hunter deck rules.

Also a small detail that Infuse does not trigger if the deathrattle draws the card. I believe that's in line with that big change years ago, where deathrattle is based on the state of the game at the time of death, so an Infuse card has to be present at death to get triggered.

Hate the snake, so, so much though. Just going to put the game on backburner (or rope against every Warlock) until that's changed.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Nybble posted:

Hate the snake, so, so much though. Just going to put the game on backburner (or rope against every Warlock) until that's changed.

I thought there was a fix due today, so hopefully you don't have to wait long. After playing the deck for a bit, I don't think it's that much of a win% outlier anymore*, but it's due to the play experience. The increased presence in the meta is most likely people trying the deck out while they still can. The whole ordeal reminds me a bit of when Shudderwock first released back in the day.

*at legend, it's only the ~sixth best deck archetype sitting at 55.7% WR (source: d0nkey.top)

Oenis fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 17, 2023

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Duels has had an exciting bug for going on two weeks now where the Dawngrasp hero power hangs the game for the opponent every time it's used (and of course trash humans are abusing it). Restarting my game every turn sure is fun!

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Luckily, it’s been banned until they fix the bug in the next client patch!

Snake up to six mana, but the patch notes make it clear this is just a temp fix until they can do a rework in the next patch.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

Patch 28.0.2 is a server-side patch rolling out today with the following updates and bug fixes:

Hearthstone Updates

Dev Comment: It’s been a fun few days since the launch of Showdown in the Badlands. We’ve heard a lot of yeehaws, but we’ve also seen one clear sentiment outlier for players: there’s a snake in their boots! It’s still early, so we’re not at our balance window for the set yet, but we know we want to adjust this negative play experience regardless of where the power lands, so we’ve decided to do a temporary adjustment now, ahead of our scheduled balance patch, coming soon.

However, there are limits to what we can do a server-side hotfix. First, we can only adjust the “big numbers” like stats and cost. Stats are not the problem on this card, so we’re increasing the cost here. This is NOT the change we plan to eventually land on. When we get to our balance patch, our plan is to revert this mana cost change and make a different adjustment that still meets our goals, but is more cohesive with the set overall. Second, server-side adjustments mean that cards have different versions between the client and the server. That means the card will appear as it currently does in places like your Collection, but then will have the red “adjusted stats” when you try to play it in-game. We know this will cause some confusion—which is part of why we don’t often make balance changes in server patches—but we think it’s worth it for the overall enjoyment of the launch period. Finally, we’ll do things like dust refunds with that balance patch, so keep that in mind when making your collection decisions.

Azerite Snake (the Warlock Excavate Treasure)

- Old: 4 Mana
- New: 6 Mana

Magister Dawngrasp
- Temporarily banned in all Modes.
Dev Comment: We found a bug with Magister Dawngrasp’s hero power that is causing disconnects. The problem is particularly bad because it’s a hero power, so it can cause a disconnect every turn. We have a fix coming, but it requires a different type of patch, so we’re temporarily banning Dawngrasp until we can get that bug fix in.

Battlegrounds Updates

The following Anomalies will now appear more frequently:

- Bring in the Buddies
- Double Header
- Echoes of Argus
- Grapnel of the Titans
- The Golden Arena

The following Anomalies will now appear less frequently:

- What Are the Odds?
- How to Even??
- No place like Holmes (lower-MMR lobbies only)
- Eleventh Hour (lower-MMR lobbies only)

The following Anomalies have been removed from the Anomaly pool:

- Shackles of the Primus
- Temperance of Aman’Thul

The following bans will now apply to the following Anomalies:

- No Face, No Case: Alexstrasza, Fungalmancer Flurgl, Galakrond
- Feline Fortune: Mr. Bigglesworth
- Valuation Inflation: Treasure-Seeker Elise

Arena Updates

Draft appearance rates were reduced for several cards in Death Knight and Warrior. Draft appearance rates were increased for several cards in Rogue, Warlock, and Priest. Additionally, the following cards have been banned from drafting:

- Mogu Cultist
- Grand Totem Eye’sor
- Dark Pharaoh Tekhan
- Algalon the Observer
- Shu’ma
- Tip the Scales
- Curse of Flesh
- Bloodmage Thalnos

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
- [Hearthstone] Purified Dragon Nest will no longer be able to Discover Rheastrasza. We will no longer have to ask which came first: the dragon or the egg?
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where certain cards could break Reno, Lone Ranger’s effect. This also fixes Reno, Lone Ranger breaking Anachronos’s effect.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Spurfang’s effect would sometimes cause a visually blank board slot.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Reliquary Researcher could roll a Secret you already controlled, resulting in you getting less than its full effect.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where discarded Barrels of Sludge would not have Lifesteal while Pop’gar the Putrid was in play.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Bartend-O-Bot would activate the Quickdraw effects of all cards in your hand.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Disciple of Eonar’s effect wouldn’t be “spent” on Choose One transforming minions.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Colossal minions couldn’t be created by Wishing Well.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Glaciate and Azerite Ox could summon Colossal minions directly into play.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Pile of Bones didn’t maintain its premium (Golden or Signature) when resummoned.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Mes’Adune the Fractured didn’t maintain the premium (Golden or Signature) of the Elemental it split.
- [Battlegrounds][ Fixed a bug where Eonar’s Overgrown Arena and Nomi, Kitchen Nightmare could cause extra stat adjustments.
- [Collection] Fixed a bug where certain Signature cards (Sheriff Barrelbrim, C’Thun, and Lor’themar Theron) weren’t included in “Random Signature” pools, like certain bundles.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

bravesword posted:

Luckily, it’s been banned until they fix the bug in the next client patch!

Thank god. Just got hosed by it this morning and was extra salty since it was a Heroic run.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ok as far as a bandaid fix goes for the snake, I'm assuming they're going to lower the amount of life stolen to 6-8 or so when they make the real fix

Didn't see a bug fix for the issue I've been encountering in mobile where playing Artificer Xymox soft locks the game

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Ok as far as a bandaid fix goes for the snake, I'm assuming they're going to lower the amount of life stolen to 6-8 or so when they make the real fix

Didn't see a bug fix for the issue I've been encountering in mobile where playing Artificer Xymox soft locks the game

Yeah, had this one a lot too.

I wonder if there's any way to calculate win% when someone has two cards, because I'm getting confident the win% if Warrior has both Trial By Fire in hand is basically 100%. Clearing your board once and ending with a 6/6 or whatever is fine. Clearing it two consequitive and ending with a 11/11 just means you need to answer from hand or lose. Aware I'm a big proponant of making board state matter more in general, so it's a biased viewpoint.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
This game is in a funny state right now, because Aggro Paladin is one of (and quite possibly the) best decks in the game, and nobody seems to want to play it. And at the same time, that deck gets brutally countered by another very, very good deck; Enrage Warrior. Which most people don't realize how good it is, because again nobody wants to play it.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Orange Crush Rush posted:

This game is in a funny state right now, because Aggro Paladin is one of (and quite possibly the) best decks in the game, and nobody seems to want to play it. And at the same time, that deck gets brutally countered by another very, very good deck; Enrage Warrior. Which most people don't realize how good it is, because again nobody wants to play it.

Speak for yourself, I keep queueing into that loving deck. And since I already have 500 wins for pally, I'd rather make progress elsewhere for the time being.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Navaash posted:

Speak for yourself, I keep queueing into that loving deck.
Yeah it's the single most common deck I see (between Diamond and Legend)

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Oh I want to play some paladin, what's the list?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RVT posted:

Oh I want to play some paladin, what's the list?

### Aggro Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
# 2x (4) Crusader Aura
# 2x (4) Keeper's Strength
# 1x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAECAZ8FBIbiBKHiBISWBfboBQ3JoATavQS/4gTA4gTM4gSrkwWBlgWDlgXBxAWU9QWV9QWOlQa1ngYAAA==

If you curve it out just right, you can get lethal on turn 5-6 if they leave anything on the board, it's pretty nutty.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Or if you prefer a version with any new cards at all:

https://hsreplay.net/decks/fZWeNSI6BDuvehOsrqHIPc/

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Jesus Christ, 40% winrate with mech rogue (Scourge -> Thunderbringer -> Neptulon/Crabatoa variety) and most these wins are pure luck. Is mech rogue bad now or it is bad draw/skill issue?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

### Aggro Paladin
#
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
# 2x (4) Crusader Aura
# 2x (4) Keeper's Strength
# 1x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) The Garden's Grace
#
AAECAZ8FBIbiBKHiBISWBfboBQ3JoATavQS/4gTA4gTM4gSrkwWBlgWDlgXBxAWU9QWV9QWOlQa1ngYAAA==

If you curve it out just right, you can get lethal on turn 5-6 if they leave anything on the board, it's pretty nutty.

Blasmeister posted:

Or if you prefer a version with any new cards at all:

https://hsreplay.net/decks/fZWeNSI6BDuvehOsrqHIPc/

Thanks, gonna give them both a try. Is the updated version better you think?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

quote:

Magister Dawngrasp
- Temporarily banned in all Modes.
Dev Comment: We found a bug with Magister Dawngrasp’s hero power that is causing disconnects. The problem is particularly bad because it’s a hero power, so it can cause a disconnect every turn. We have a fix coming, but it requires a different type of patch, so we’re temporarily banning Dawngrasp until we can get that bug fix in.

Good that they found this. I got hit with the receiving end of this 3 or so times. What'd happen is that it'd stick on the hero power animation as soon as they clicked their button and hang there indefinitely. You'd have to close the application and relaunch every turn, which I would have just conceded since it's so annoying but of course it was happening at like diamond 2.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I was running into a lot of annoying disruption and control decks, so I switched to Rainbow Mage and climbed to legend. Felt really strong, I think I had 2 losses from D4 on.

### sif
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Artificer
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Discovery of Magic
# 2x (1) Flame Geyser
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard
# 1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude
# 2x (2) Prismatic Elemental
# 2x (2) Void Scripture
# 2x (3) Reverberations
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 2x (4) Inquisitive Creation
# 1x (4) Volume Up
# 1x (5) Lady Naz'jar
# 2x (5) Wisdom of Norgannon
# 1x (6) Sif
# 2x (7) Elemental Inspiration
#
AAECAf0EBNiyBOv0BdD4BdH4BQ3b3gSqmAWrmAWAwgXs9gXe+AW//gXY/gWk/wXxgAaFjgaDlQayngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's honestly impressive how terrible the DH Reno card feels. It should fire like 10 or 12 shots; unless the opponent literally is running Spell DH you never hit anything important and usually just spread the damage between 4 minions and maybe discard a 1 drop

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Did feel pretty good when I hit an Azerite Snake once tho

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

fanny packrat posted:

I was running into a lot of annoying disruption and control decks, so I switched to Rainbow Mage and climbed to legend. Felt really strong, I think I had 2 losses from D4 on.

### sif
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Artificer
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Discovery of Magic
# 2x (1) Flame Geyser
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard
# 1x (2) Infinitize the Maxitude
# 2x (2) Prismatic Elemental
# 2x (2) Void Scripture
# 2x (3) Reverberations
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 2x (4) Inquisitive Creation
# 1x (4) Volume Up
# 1x (5) Lady Naz'jar
# 2x (5) Wisdom of Norgannon
# 1x (6) Sif
# 2x (7) Elemental Inspiration
#
AAECAf0EBNiyBOv0BdD4BdH4BQ3b3gSqmAWrmAWAwgXs9gXe+AW//gXY/gWk/wXxgAaFjgaDlQayngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Yeah, might be just the new expansion chaos but the old Outcast Demon Hunter seems to be working quite okay in platinum, too. Probably mostly to do with knowing how to pilot an old deck though.

E: How do the snake oils work for you? Are they worth the extra hand size management stress or do they actually free other cheap spells to be used for minion clearing?

Valiantman fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 20, 2023

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
They've been good. Attaching them to a 1 mana 2/2 helps the early game, and tradeable means that if you already have a hand full of damage you can dig for more draw.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's honestly impressive how terrible the DH Reno card feels. It should fire like 10 or 12 shots; unless the opponent literally is running Spell DH you never hit anything important and usually just spread the damage between 4 minions and maybe discard a 1 drop

Maybe he has two guns, one fires off like it does now and the other fires into the deck?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Maybe he has two guns, one fires off like it does now and the other fires into the deck?

hitting minions in the deck is even worse, you're hardly ever going to get more than one hit on a single minion, and at least a couple of the ones that you hit are never even going to get drawn

it's a class card and has a deck-building restriction so it should be noticeably more powerful than neutral disruption like Mutanus or Theotar

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

fanny packrat posted:

They've been good. Attaching them to a 1 mana 2/2 helps the early game, and tradeable means that if you already have a hand full of damage you can dig for more draw.

I feel stupid, my snake oil salesman died, I got a tradeable 0 dmg, do I buff it with Sif for a sub-par arcane bolt or just for trading?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I honestly have no idea how snake oil works which may be why I lost every game I played today.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Desdinova posted:

I feel stupid, my snake oil salesman died, I got a tradeable 0 dmg, do I buff it with Sif for a sub-par arcane bolt or just for trading?

Yes.

Depending on the situation, both. Just after my previous question I tried modifying my rainbow deck to fit in the snake oils and immediately went and won against a druid by theowing two snake oils at their face for 14 damage.

I would not call a 0-mana card sub-par. It allows the Sif combo to be used way earlier if you have managed to get some chip damage in.

Valiantman fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 21, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Strawberry Panda posted:

I honestly have no idea how snake oil works which may be why I lost every game I played today.

It’s just a 0 damage spell that’s normally useless(besides being tradable) without spell damage

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Julio Cruz posted:

hitting minions in the deck is even worse, you're hardly ever going to get more than one hit on a single minion, and at least a couple of the ones that you hit are never even going to get drawn

it's a class card and has a deck-building restriction so it should be noticeably more powerful than neutral disruption like Mutanus or Theotar

Ehhh. Theotar and Mutanus are entirely binary disruption — either you hit the card you’re aiming for, or you don’t — while Kurtrus is guaranteed to hit something. He’s also way better against aggro, where he’s more aggressively costed and can empty out your opponent’s hand. He’s a much better all-around card at the cost of being worse in the situation where you’re specifically trying to pick off Odyn or Sif. Besides, I don’t really think hand disruption is something you want being too good.

The major problem with Highlander DH is that it doesn’t have a win condition, thanks to the fact that all the good DH decks recently have been built around packages, which are obviously much less effective when you can’t play two copies of anything. You can’t do Relics, you can’t do Big Demons, you can’t do Outcast, you can’t do Nagas. Its Titan is a comeback card, not a proactive win condition. Every Reno DH deck I’ve seen has used neutral win conditions like Astalor and Ignis, but the other classes can play those cards too and also have stronger class options.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I get where they're coming from, because in theory highlander's style should combo well with Demon Hunter's "draw a bunch of cards to get all your aggressive fiddly bits and combo pieces when you need them" theme. You draw a bunch of weird tools you have to fit together to deal with the current situation, and then you use neutral stuff like Astalor and Reno to give yourself more long-term value than they'd have normally. It's the highlander dream. But you're right, too much of their stuff is specific combo pieces that don't work well enough in a highlander context to make it more than an interestingly random deck that's doing more work to do less than other decks. And it probably won't get better until DH gets more combo pieces that are easier to fit together into useful effects, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Made it to diamond for the first time using silver hand paladin

### Silver Hand Paladin
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (2) Hi Ho Silverwing
# 2x (2) Jukebox Totem
# 2x (2) Showdown!
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 1x (3) Warhorse Trainer
# 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
# 2x (4) Crusader Aura
# 1x (7) Amitus, the Peacekeeper
# 2x (7) Prismatic Beam
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAZ8FBMegBIbiBISWBY3+BQ3JoASi1AS/4gTA4gTM4gSBlgXBxAXx6AWU9QWV9QWZjga8jwb1lQYAAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net