Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Tesseraction posted:

I'm an atheist who thinks that Christian morality as described in the New Testament is worth adhering to, while believing that the worship of a God is not really conducive to that

I am not using the quotation marks to excuse religious people; I'm using it specifically to decry them

they don’t serve that purpose, they just make you sound like you’re conducting a christian purity test. the insistence on an archaic spelling of jesus adds to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediaphage posted:

they don’t serve that purpose, they just make you sound like you’re conducting a christian purity test. the insistence on an archaic spelling of jesus adds to it

I deliberately used the Islamic spelling as a mockery of Christians

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah ok

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Scotland is pretty gay tbh

To be fair most the men I shag it's purely for warmth.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm sorry but did your coworker just reinvent the sotadic zone?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can get things on the internet to stimulate that now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

okay you've got me I'm actually Pope Francis

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm sorry but did your coworker just reinvent the sotadic zone?

Lots of words just to say "yeah, those guys are gay."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wait wait so if chemtrails are to block out the sun then does that make them an anti-gay government plot?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Wait wait so if chemtrails are to block out the sun then does that make them an anti-gay government plot?

they don’t block uv muahaha

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

I should have shown him the "Who Shot Mr Burns" episode of the Simpsons, Mr Burns would've been his hero.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It may interest the thread to know that the Birmingham Hall Green Lib Dems are organising a litter pick for Gaza thing. My dad's contribution to the conversation was "How do you make sure Hamas doesn't steal the money". Thanks, dad.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The pearl-clutching is becoming such an epidemic, we might need a new lockdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/17/labour-mps-fear-safety-pro-palestine-protesters-target-offices

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dabir posted:

It may interest the thread to know that the Birmingham Hall Green Lib Dems are organising a litter pick for Gaza thing. My dad's contribution to the conversation was "How do you make sure Hamas doesn't steal the money". Thanks, dad.

Hope you told him you threw in a tenner in his name to Hamas

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

If I was a Labour MP I would simply not support genocide and therefore not be targeted by protestors.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Dabir posted:

how do you make sure tories dont throw litter in to the pick?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

well generally because Tories don't expend effort if they can help it

there needs to be an imminent threat of a minority having a good day to make them rally

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

this is veering into chat territory. you should take it to the chat thread.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

while you're there you should vote for my cake to win the thread bake off as a matter of moral imperative

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The Internet Policeman has logged on

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

The Internet Policeman has logged on

yes sorry. just again this is definitely more suited to the chat thread and it really would welcome new posters.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You know who else has wanted posters? Yeah. Think on THOSE apples

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you won't trick me pig

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you won't trick me pig

- David Cameron

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

yes sorry. just again this is definitely more suited to the chat thread and it really would welcome new posters.

This is a chat thread op

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mediaphage posted:

i’ve started noticing profiles of american conservative catholics say things like the pope isn’t the seat of true catholicism (because he too woke)

Thinking the pope is wrong enough to start your own pope is very traditional in catholicism. If you don't have at least half a dozen antipopes on the go you aren't doing it right.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

Thinking the pope is wrong enough to start your own pope is very traditional in catholicism. If you don't have at least half a dozen antipopes on the go you aren't doing it right.

Must reread that book (The Antipope) and the other 10 books in the Brentford Triangle trilogy. I remember them being très amusant.

Meanwhile back in the real world:

And we're all doomed: completely unhinged rant.

https://www.instagram.com/aobaidaat/reel/Czsg4NyI8Gi/

quote:

Israeli TV presenter on Channel 14, Shai Golden: He threatens Palestine, Lebanon, the Arabs, and those who stand with them with massacres that history has never witnessed before!!

"We told you that we will come, to Gaza, to Lebanon, to everywhere. We will kill as many of you as we want, if we besiege the whole world".

He says: Continue in solidarity on social media and write “Freedom for Palestine” and we will come to destroy you.

He also threatens America though it's not included in that quote.

The subtitles (on the video) have been confirmed authentic by Hebrew speakers. (Though if it turns out they're not, let me know! (Miftan if you see this!))

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 18, 2023

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Quick update: spoke to the dude on the next street and got my misdelivered post from him 🙂 actually a nice guy, apologised for last night time, said he was stressed.

Also, on topic: gently caress the Tories. Can't believe they're doing Truss 2.0. I figure, because they know they're hosed, they're pushing things as far right and deranged as possible, so that any Labour roll-back will just be back to Tory square one. Although, Labour won't do that, so we'll just be stuck in the poo poo.

That's my theory about Suella DeVille as well. Put the most unhinged freak in that role, and any step back is seen as "woke".

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Is Liz Kendall the one that can use a computer, or was that the other one?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/britains-business-secretary-peter-mandelson-uses-a-computer-news-photo/84568316

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

keep punching joe posted:

If I was a Labour MP I would simply not support genocide and therefore not be targeted by protestors.

It's the sheer stubbornly going against common sense that makes it seem like they've signed an NDA.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Must reread that book (The Antipope) and the other 10 books in the Brentford Triangle trilogy. I remember them being très amusant.

Meanwhile back in the real world:

And we're all doomed: completely unhinged rant.

https://www.instagram.com/aobaidaat/reel/Czsg4NyI8Gi/

He also threatens America though it's not included in that quote.

The subtitles (on the video) have been confirmed authentic by Hebrew speakers. (Though if it turns out they're not, let me know! (Miftan if you see this!))

It's.. mostly accurate. There's a few times where it says stuff like "we will kill you" and "massacres you can't imagine" where he actually says "numbers you can't imagine" and the massacre/killing part is implied from the previous sentence. The, uh, vibe, as the kids would say, is definitely correct.

A bit of context is that I have no idea who this guy is and Israel has a few TV channels that are basically fox news+. I haven't lived there long enough that I'm not sure if that's one of them, but it wouldn't surprise me. This definitely isn't the mainstream acceptable news channels, I think.

E: looking at the channel, it's definitely a pro-bibi fox news ripoff channel and its list of presenters is a who's who of religious fanatics, insane right wingers and sex pests.

Miftan fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 18, 2023

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I for one find it pretty gross to claim that some vandalism constitutes hate and vile abuse and is a danger, when we know what actual dangerous shite is because a white nationalist shot Jo Cox in the loving head. But apparently making a mess and/or noise about how you don't like genocide is also extremely serious.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

bessantj posted:

Also divorced and didn't see his kids often, don't know if these things are related.

Shocking.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's always funny to hear newsreaders carefully pick their way through sentences laden with the words "Hunt" and "cuts"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Miftan posted:

It's.. mostly accurate. There's a few times where it says stuff like "we will kill you" and "massacres you can't imagine" where he actually says "numbers you can't imagine" and the massacre/killing part is implied from the previous sentence. The, uh, vibe, as the kids would say, is definitely correct.

A bit of context is that I have no idea who this guy is and Israel has a few TV channels that are basically fox news+. I haven't lived there long enough that I'm not sure if that's one of them, but it wouldn't surprise me. This definitely isn't the mainstream acceptable news channels, I think.

E: looking at the channel, it's definitely a pro-bibi fox news ripoff channel and its list of presenters is a who's who of religious fanatics, insane right wingers and sex pests.

Thanks!

Wachter posted:

It's always funny to hear newsreaders carefully pick their way through sentences laden with the words "Hunt" and "cuts"

Who was that newsreader who didn't go carefully? Can't remember now.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks!

Who was that newsreader who didn't go carefully? Can't remember now.

It was Roger Mellie, the man on the Telly.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Found it. It was Krishnan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbYid8-nyA

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
In foyles and saw this

It's always extremely disturbing to me when something I've previously only been exposed to via the UKMT pops up in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How do you think I felt when I went to the Birmingham art gallery with some visiting friends and there was one of his works displayed at giga size in the first room we walked into