Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rappaport posted:

Do we have enough for "weird bug who is not a goa'uld snake infests somebody"? There's the one where Teal'c makes friends with a small child, the goo worms that give people schizophrenia, arguably the sphere that spears Jack to the wall of the gateroom, any others? Carter gets a computer virus in her brain in one episode?

There's the ones that makes people sleepy.

PittTheElder posted:

One of the big strengths of the time loop episode IMO, everyone very rapidly goes to "yeah okay you say this is happening, let's deal with it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

"What could possibly be in MY EYE that would explain this?!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Don't forget the proto-Wraith bug in the "puddle jumper lodges in the stargate" episode (S1E03) of Atlantis.

Rappaport posted:

There's also the moon with the yellow will'o'wisps, but they just murder people instead of infesting them. I think it's also the episode that introduces Sam's protege.
Nah, Proving Ground (S5E13) is the second and final appearance of Jennifer Hailey after Prodigy (S4E19)

I think they basically reused the same bug effect in SGA S1E11, the one where they investigate a Wraith cruiser that crashed 10,000 years prior.

stringless fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 14, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rappaport posted:

"What could possibly be in MY EYE that would explain this?!"

Didn't he have to learn ancient before Daniel believed him? Or am I confusing this with the Dark Matter time loop episode? Actually I think I'm confusing this with the first fron grabber episode and thinking it's the time loop because of the Dark Matter time loop.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

pixaal posted:

One episode that always sticks out to me and no one ever talks about is the one where everyone is painted white and sing to the plants. It's just so different from anything else.

that sounds very much like experimental 1970s british children's TV programmes which is presumably why i appear to have erased it from my memory

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s a bad episode, it’s very much a Star Trek story so most of the cast sits around while Daniel does charades. I fell asleep mumbling that “I hate the white people” when we watched it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

pixaal posted:

Didn't he have to learn ancient before Daniel believed him? Or am I confusing this with the Dark Matter time loop episode? Actually I think I'm confusing this with the first fron grabber episode and thinking it's the time loop because of the Dark Matter time loop.

He (and Teal'c) had to learn Ancient after Daniel believed him, in order to translate the inscriptions on the time loop device to figure out how to shut it off.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

They also learned how to juggle. Well Teal'c probably already knew how, but anyway.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Rappaport posted:

Do we have enough for "weird bug who is not a goa'uld snake infests somebody"? There's the one where Teal'c makes friends with a small child, the goo worms that give people schizophrenia, arguably the sphere that spears Jack to the wall of the gateroom, any others? Carter gets a computer virus in her brain in one episode?

the one t hat rewrites your dna so you turn into an approriate sized mass of their eggs and stings tealc then he escapes and makes a friend

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hammond: Are you saying Colonel O'Neill has somehow regressed more than 30 years overnight?
Jackson: Stranger things have happened.
Teal'c: Name but one.
Jackson: Well, there was the time he got really old, the time he became a caveman, the time we all swapped bodies...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rappaport posted:

They also learned how to juggle. Well Teal'c probably already knew how, but anyway.

I could be wrong here, but I think Judge learned to juggle for this scene, or had to seriously refresh his skills.

It's RDA who's the juggler. The guy's amazing. Believe it or not, he once had a brief career as a mime.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

FFT posted:

Nah, Proving Ground (S5E13) is the second and final appearance of Jennifer Hailey after Prodigy (S4E19)

:wrong:

Theres also the Foothold episode

e: oh that IS the foothold episode huh!!!! goddamn

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 15, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

:wrong:

Theres also the Foothold episode

e: oh that IS the foothold episode huh!!!! goddamn

Fake foothold. Training exercise.

There's been 2-3 other actual foothold episodes, the most known I think is the one where Sam saves the day and gets to call Maybourne an idiot.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm sure there was a period of time where the 304's had Asgard scientists on board. I'm just at the end of season 9 where they uh... go away, and it hasn't happened yet. Was that an Atlantis thing or am I misremembering the order of things?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

EvilHawk posted:

I'm sure there was a period of time where the 304's had Asgard scientists on board. I'm just at the end of season 9 where they uh... go away, and it hasn't happened yet. Was that an Atlantis thing or am I misremembering the order of things?

I think it was on Atlantis? With that colonel from the x-files.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Christ Daniel's rant at Vala is so incredibly uncomfortable.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hahaha gently caress me I figured out why I was so confused. Accidentally watched 10x20 instead of 9x20. oops

Good job there wasn't any spoilers!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That rant is incredibly ooc for Daniel, imo. Guess the excuse is they're all under incredible stress at the time.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

itry posted:

That rant is incredibly ooc for Daniel, imo. Guess the excuse is they're all under incredible stress at the time.

He sort of goes on a similar kind of rant when they're linked together as well. It's all very odd for him to react in such a way.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

He sort of goes on a similar kind of rant when they're linked together as well. It's all very odd for him to react in such a way.

Daniel and Vala had some vibes. Not all good. They did meet of course but her stealing the ship and taking him hostage.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Christ Daniel's rant at Vala is so incredibly uncomfortable.

If I ever went to a con and got to ask Michael Shanks a question, it'd be "was it hard to turn into a complete raving rear end in a top hat and verbally destroy a person?"

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Insiders is peak Baal humour. Think everyone had a lot of fun with that one.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
The Stargate / Star Trek crossover we've all been waiting for:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Jack O'Neill is inexplicably one of pre-Federation Earth's ambassadors

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ChairmanMauzer posted:

(quantum leap intro music plays)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ChairmanMauzer posted:

LOL I love this. You got the guy everyone loves, Jack O'Neill. Then Archer, the Captain some find.... adequate? Well intentioned?

And then some ensign/airman going gaga.

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004

ChairmanMauzer posted:

I'd be happy with MacGyver and Dr. Beckett myself.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Most underrated friendship on the show:

O'Neill and Thor

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
just watched the one where thor gets sg1 to put the human replicators in a time bubble and they betray 5. that is going to be a very big mistake later. and jack is definatly wrong on the whole humanity its not a human its a replicator

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

just watched the one where thor gets sg1 to put the human replicators in a time bubble and they betray 5. that is going to be a very big mistake later. and jack is definatly wrong on the whole humanity its not a human its a replicator

So much moral gray here. Who's to blame. Sam? Thor? No one?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also, I'm putting together some SG teams and I'd like to hear if there are any volunteers (before we have to force draft folks....).

Shout out here if you're interested in an SG6-14 team.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Can I be SG69

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

So much moral gray here. Who's to blame. Sam? Thor? No one?

im going 60% jack 40% sam. betraying 5 is 100% going to gently caress them down the line. hes going to be hardened and spiteful in a way a machine cant be. sam could of ignored the order and set it for the correct time or even argued but ultimately she follows chain of command most of the time and jack knows that so him giving the order is the main source of blame imo.

also what ever sg team felcher and cooms arent on is the one i choose. those guys esp felcher were super annoying and i hope their one offs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Armacham posted:

Can I be SG69

No.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I want to be on sg-2, the Pete Conrad of the sgc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

well why not posted:

I want to be on sg-2, the Pete Conrad of the sgc

What are your SG2 creds?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

snergle posted:

also what ever sg team felcher and cooms arent on is the one i choose. those guys esp felcher were super annoying and i hope their one offs.

Felcher shows up one more time but it's not quite as bad as the first time. I agree though, Felcher is such a broad stereotype it's difficult to believe he wasn't shitcanned/sent to Russia years ago.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rank the other scientists:

Lee

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Does the SGC also run ops with the Peace Corps SG teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Does the SGC also run ops with the Peace Corps SG teams?

Yep, you got Hippy HSG1 and 2