Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

My Costco changed to selling Happy Holiday trees three years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I park further from the entrance because it increases my chances of happening upon a free range chicken while I’m walking in.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
bird with big range

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Picked up the ready-to-eat bagged lamb shanks and some Brussels sprouts. Contemplated a pie but I didn't feel like finding a box to carry it all in (really wish they had baskets). Can always grab that tomorrow.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Last trip to the church I got some ready to cook 4 cheese gnocchi. Since I only got 3 hours of sleep I cooked em in brown butter for dinner snd holy crap they good

these bad boys. got a two pack for 8 bucks

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirkland frozen cheese pizzas are an easy dinner bargain.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I've never run the numbers on whether I'm "saving" anything but it's worth it to just grab a huge package of toilet paper and/or paper towels and not have to think about it again for a couple months.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

topenga posted:

3. Topo Chico hard seltzer ... skinny cans

You must not have the 24oz tall boys in your Costco

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The 2 pack of sourdough that my warehouse carries is about 30% cheaper than its equivalent at my grocery store. Always get eggs, though occasionally the local market has slightly better discount. Sometimes I get a pack of brussels sprouts or green beans but they don't always look good. My mom takes coq10 and it goes on sale semi regularly so I get that too. Allergy meds I'll pick up maybe once a year, and they seem decently priced.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zero VGS posted:

You really don't want be "that person" who has a chicken coop in an urban/suburban area.

I remember my teacher in grade school was bitching that someone's dog got loose and ate her chicken and kids were straight lolling about it

Quite a few people in my suburban area have chicken coops and, more power to them I guess. Every so often a chicken will escape and we'll have a random chicken walking around the neighborhood which is pretty funny.

A few years before I met my wife a neighbor with chickens gave her fresh eggs along with the whole spiel about how they were just laid that morning, they're so fresh, they're going to be the most delicious eggs you've ever had, blah blah blah. The next morning she cracked one open and the whole thing was just rotted. The smell was so bad that everyone in the house was dry heaving and they ended up leaving the house to let it air out a bit.

So, I'm good. I'll eat my FDA regulated cruelty full eggs and animal products I buy from the supermarket. If those chickens don't like their working conditions then they should unionize anyway. Personally I choose to crush the chicken society using my superior human intellect.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Kirkland frozen cheese pizzas are an easy dinner bargain.

Did they change the cheese blend recently or something?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
got to try the "loaded mashed potatoes" which i hadnt seen before. pretty decent. some of the bacon pieces were a little undercooked for my liking.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tried the Kirkland premium vanilla ice cream for the first time. Not that cheap at $15/gal but everyone in the house agreed it was high quality.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

binge crotching posted:

You must not have the 24oz tall boys in your Costco

I...have not checked! :D

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I got tired of keeping track of the rechargeable batteries in our seasonal decorations, so I got the kirksig batteries and a battery daddy.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Kirkland brand batteries are hot garbage, I got a pack of AAAs last year and they lasted maybe 1/3 as long as Duracells.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Thought I'd be clever and go to church at 10:30am on a Wednesday to avoid a crowd. Big loving mistake, parking lot was a Saturday-style frenzy and the whole place was packed with confused retirees acting lost / blocking aisles even worse than usual.

A lady tried to rush her giant SUV past my full cart when I was almost across the road (a car was stopped waiting for me in the other direction) so I just walked it out in front of her and made her slam on the brakes, felt great.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

Kirkland brand batteries are hot garbage, I got a pack of AAAs last year and they lasted maybe 1/3 as long as Duracells.

I think they’ll light up the LEDs in these Christmas decorations just fine.

Edit: or maybe I’ll save one battery and return them for a full refund!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Sloppy posted:

Thought I'd be clever and go to church at 10:30am on a Wednesday to avoid a crowd. Big loving mistake, parking lot was a Saturday-style frenzy and the whole place was packed with confused retirees acting lost / blocking aisles even worse than usual.

A lady tried to rush her giant SUV past my full cart when I was almost across the road (a car was stopped waiting for me in the other direction) so I just walked it out in front of her and made her slam on the brakes, felt great.

Classic mistake. Early hours are for horrible old people. Best time is either late afternoon or weekday night especially a fun night like Friday. Too late for old people, young people are too busy with real plans, families are getting out of the house for the first time all week.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I just instacarted it today. I didn't need much and it wasn't worth fighting the unwashed masses.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

I got tired of keeping track of the rechargeable batteries in our seasonal decorations, so I got the kirksig batteries and a battery daddy.

The battery Daddy was an excellent impulse purchase for me

Enos Cabell posted:

I swear someone tested them a few years ago and they performed really well. At least back then they were either rebranded Energizer or Duracell

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I went over lunch today thinking I'd beat the Thanksgiving weekend rush; naturally half of Boston had the same thought :rip:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

large hands posted:

The battery Daddy was an excellent impulse purchase for me

I swear someone tested them a few years ago and they performed really well. At least back then they were either rebranded Energizer or Duracell

I thought they were Duracell. They ruined a lot of my devices by oxidizing in place. Maybe I got a lot of bad batches but I will never buy the KS ones again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

quick run, picked up some of that coastal cheddar, a brie wedge, and some aluminum foil which were all on sale. And restocked the jongga

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hed posted:

I thought they were Duracell. They ruined a lot of my devices by oxidizing in place. Maybe I got a lot of bad batches but I will never buy the KS ones again.

duracells (of the conventional kind, not the specialty line ones) ruin my devices all the time by oxidizing in place too, soooooo?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Pumpkin pies any good?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

duracells (of the conventional kind, not the specialty line ones) ruin my devices all the time by oxidizing in place too, soooooo?

Make sure to take them up on their warranty if it keeps happening. They'll pay to repair/replace whatever their leaky rear end batteries ruin.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Pumpkin pies any good?

No

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Beachcomber posted:

Pumpkin pies any good?

I think they are. If you like a lot of the warm spices then no

But if you you don't then yes

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Spinz posted:

I think they are. If you like a lot of the warm spices then no

But if you you don't then yes

Spinz with the good opinions here. They are perfectly fine, but they are light on the cinnamon and nutmeg which is a deal breaker for some.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
......wonder if you could carve out the filling, add spices, recook, blitz, and repour.

Fist
Sep 16, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Last trip to the church I got some ready to cook 4 cheese gnocchi. Since I only got 3 hours of sleep I cooked em in brown butter for dinner snd holy crap they good

these bad boys. got a two pack for 8 bucks

They've stuff crust'd gnocci :cry:

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Ok the A La Carte Pomegranate Fig Lamb Shanks are outstanding. Two to a box, individually bagged, fully cooked (braised). I threw one in the sous vide for an hour at 150 and it's perfect. Lotta juice in there too so you could reduce it or serve the shank with something that'll soak it up. Also unless you want to stuff yourself one shank could easily feed two people if you're adding a side or two.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Pumpkin pies any good?

For $6 for a huge pie, I think they're definitely worth it. I wouldn't bring them to a thanksgiving thing, but I love having a slice of pie with my lunch at work and at $0.75/slice that's a great deal

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Beachcomber posted:

Pumpkin pies any good?
They’re poo poo but the pecan pies are great.

Pumpkin is a surprisingly difficult vegetable to get results out of.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just mix powdered sugar half and half with garam masala and sift over the top of the pumpkin pie

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Tastes 98% like the pies my great aunt made for me growing up so I can't skip them. I do put them in the oven for about 10-15 when I get home to finish baking the top. Feels like they pull them out just a little too early.

Getting another today.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Hell yeah brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
last time a costco worker posting here mentioned it they said the pumpkin pies are just the same canned pumpkin mix you can get anywhere and dumped into a pie crust.