Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Rescue Toaster posted:

Used a couple more Metrix tests for screening for Thanksgiving, seems to be working OK?

Costs are down to $25/test, $35 for the reader. Which isn't bad at all compared to rapids. Assuming these are actually as accurate as they claim. https://www.aptitudemedical.com/product-for-home-use-presale

Amazon is now listing the new Pfizer Lucira combo COVID/Flu test at $50: https://www.amazon.com/LUCIRA%AE-COVID-19-Results-Emergency-Authorized/dp/B0CL7S9F4P So I guess if you would like to know if it might be Flu? Does anybody still do Tamiflu these days?

Whats the expiration date on the Metrix tests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Whats the expiration date on the Metrix tests?

I think mine are set to expire in april of 2024 so ill probably get through my box of 12 no problem by then. Down to 9 already.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
So I am waiting for an e-visit with Kaiser right now, to get that Paxlovid prescription. Now I had lie on the second screening question since they don't want to give this to healthy people. Any advise when I get the phone call, or should I just be honest that I was to squash this to reduce my viral load.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

you smoke a lot, are overweight, have high blood pressure, history of asthma, etc.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Kramdar posted:

So I am waiting for an e-visit with Kaiser right now, to get that Paxlovid prescription. Now I had lie on the second screening question since they don't want to give this to healthy people. Any advise when I get the phone call, or should I just be honest that I was to squash this to reduce my viral load.

why not go through sesamecare or plush care or push health? they give out pax like Halloween snickers

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Kramdar posted:

Any reason you need to go through Kaiser rather than a telehealth website?

silicone thrills posted:

I think mine are set to expire in april of 2024 so ill probably get through my box of 12 no problem by then. Down to 9 already.

geez, short window!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

geez, short window!

I got mine in the first wave of consumer sales so they came in September?

I dont know if the metrix tests are going to suicide like the cue tests do. Hope not.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
The website still says the current expiration for shipping Metrix tests is April, so it looks like still the first batch. Not a great sign, I suppose. Likewise the price drop to $25/test already although good, also does not inspire confidence.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Kaiser is my healthcare provider, that was why I was going through there. I'm in California. I'll check those ones out right now.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
sesamecare is based in CA and I think the telehealth consult might be free for CA residents? the consult is $50-80 elsewhere

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention

I mean, you wouldn't go to a Chess Club meeting if there was no chess!

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
25% off Bonafide code THANKS25 good til Dec 1st.

Man I wish they sold Auras

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Kramdar posted:

Kaiser is my healthcare provider, that was why I was going through there. I'm in California. I'll check those ones out right now.

try test2treat as well

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

There he is!

Get a load of this guy!

They just let anybody in here, huh?!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Animal-Mother posted:

There he is!

Get a load of this guy!

They just let anybody in here, huh?!

lol

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

Pingui posted:

Still going strong:
https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1724528244089634947

Nobody is discussing how covid can cause mild memory loss

Ah, I forgot that he went by AJ not Anthony. Thanks!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

He will not win 2024 because that 7 million margin is gone. He totally ignored inequality. His vax and relax gaslighting on COVID and half baked effort in addressing Long COVID means those who are the poorest (often chronically ill, immunocompromised, disabled,etc ) have to choose risk getting killed by a BSL level 3 virus or become disabled (or even more disabled) by it, at work, at school, or at a health care setting just to cling onto life. Not to mention he is funding a genocide in Gaza now. I for one will never vote for him again under any circumstances and I am not alone.

I would say to show yourself, but I know that none of you voted for Biden the first time around.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pingui posted:

How far back does the x-axis go?

Sorry, I didnt realise I cut off the x axis labels. The horizontal dotted line is new year, so it goes back about a year.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

just got a shipment with june expiration dates, myself

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Insanite posted:

just got a shipment with june expiration dates, myself

Cool! At least they're making more. Maybe we'll get an expiration extension eventually, since most others have. They probably can't yet because the tests haven't been around long enough to verify.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
is December 1 the anniversary of Covid

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Steve Yun posted:

is December 1 the anniversary of Covid

Yeah pretty much, that's when the index case first developed symptoms.

Of course the actual timeline would go back a fair way before then but that was the earliest officially confirmed instance of SARS-CoV-2 we have on record.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Well, one year after I got covid for the first time I'm in the hospital with a confirmed heart attack. 43 year old 6'1 225lbs non smoker non drinker. Yay

Five times vaccinated.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
jesus christ dude

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
gently caress man :whitewater:

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Well, one year after I got covid for the first time I'm in the hospital with a confirmed heart attack. 43 year old 6'1 225lbs non smoker non drinker. Yay

Five times vaccinated.

drat dude! enjoy this time to relax and hopefully they give you chill drugs whenever you press a button, get well o7

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Oh no. I hope you recover well

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Five times vaccinated.

:smith: get well goon

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Five times vaccinated.

Oh poo poo, hope you're recovering okay

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh poo poo, hope you're recovering okay

It's not a lot of pain but I could tell something was wrong. Took a while to get a doctor to agree though. Aussie medical system is significantly less of a dumpster fire than the Canadian one so have received good and fast treatment at the hospital, especially since it was confirmed. In Canada I'd still be in the waiting room for another 10+ hours.

Completely unprepared for what is apparently a 5+ day hospital stay minimum though. Phone is at 41% and wife can't drop off supplies until tomorrow since it's past 5pm visiting hours.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Five times vaccinated.

Sending good vibes your way goon.

DickParasite has issued a correction as of 09:51 on Nov 18, 2023

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thanks for all the nice words. I should mention I don't even ingest caffeine let alone drink anything but water, and walk 5km per day. JFC my luck

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Also the cardiac ward is overflowing with patients. Wonder why that would be. 🤔

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

when i was in the hospital and my battery was gettin low i downloaded ebooks from libgen or it's equivalent and read them in battery saving mode with the screen all dim and the wifi off

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Completely unprepared for what is apparently a 5+ day hospital stay minimum though. Phone is at 41% and wife can't drop off supplies until tomorrow since it's past 5pm visiting hours.

Well if that's your current biggest concern you're obviously not doing that badly, lol :v:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Thanks for all the nice words. I should mention I don't even ingest caffeine let alone drink anything but water, and walk 5km per day. JFC my luck

Also the cardiac ward is overflowing with patients. Wonder why that would be. 🤔

Its a lucky country.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well if that's your current biggest concern you're obviously not doing that badly, lol :v:

Well I mean I might die but not much I can do about that. I can get a phone charger though.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Five times vaccinated.

:sympathy:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://twitter.com/JosetteSchoenma/status/1725433540597240282

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EGGS!! XDD