Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Nikumatic posted:

Anyway I very slow rolled from like 95 to 100 over the course of about two hours tonight one or two excruciating cubes at a time with InSheNaut; I think I had exactly one four cube loss and one four cube win all night and otherwise just kept steadily clawing upward. I almost prefer swingy risky blowouts over that papercut to Infinite route.

I had to switch to my Living Tribunal deck from that to finally bust through the last few tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Request: please change X-23's card text to "When this is discarded or destroyed, regenerate it at a random location. The first time you do, get +1 Energy next turn."

It feels kinda whack that Destroy can farm a single 1-drop for 2-4 extra energy in a single game.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
When I get Knull one day and become a Destroy player, I will say to you ':smuggo: you're free to Odin your Psylocke before T6 [somehow], cry more'

But in the meantime, yea that's a strong move that I fortunately haven't seen too often so far.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah if you can get the X-23/Deadpool farm going it feels really goddamn good. It felt good but wildly inconsistent at first, but with the change to Forge at 1 energy and the addition of Nico as another buff/destroy option, it feels a lot better now. I was having a lot of fun with it during the Djinnpocalypse when the extra energy barely mattered anyway.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Destroy is fun but the ever present threat of cosmos and armors will haunt you the whole time you're playing it

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Destroy is fun but the ever present threat of cosmos and armors will haunt you the whole time you're playing it

Not if one of your six drops is Destroyer.

My destroy deck that got me to infinite ran its own Cosmo on purpose.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Love my Destroy deck but it's less fun to play when Destroy is the popular meta. So many games where we're both just lowering each other's Death cost & powering up each other's Knull.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Gimme some ideas to jazz this up. I added lady d as tech against the Elsa decks, and enchantress feels like she’s a lock still due to Ms Marvel. Not seeing a bunch of prof x or cosmo lately, but that’s a weakness of destroy. The Elsa decks are falling off now that the djinn are gone though

I am kinda thinking I’ll buy Dakken when he comes up, or possibly negasonic.

Anyway, this deck does pretty well but it gets kneecapped by unfavorable locations and location control a lot. I think I mainly like the feel of drawing cards, even though it’s mostly just my perception incorrectly adjusting for the cantrip self-replacement consistency feeling

# (1) Nico Minoru
# (1) X-23
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Venom
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Lady Deathstrike
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Knull
# (6) Thanos
# (8) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmltcm9kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGFub3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pY29NaW5vcnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJYMjMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlEZWF0aHN0cmlrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

MrQueasy posted:

Gimme some ideas to jazz this up. I added lady d as tech against the Elsa decks, and enchantress feels like she’s a lock still due to Ms Marvel. Not seeing a bunch of prof x or cosmo lately, but that’s a weakness of destroy. The Elsa decks are falling off now that the djinn are gone though

I am kinda thinking I’ll buy Dakken when he comes up, or possibly negasonic.

Anyway, this deck does pretty well but it gets kneecapped by unfavorable locations and location control a lot. I think I mainly like the feel of drawing cards, even though it’s mostly just my perception incorrectly adjusting for the cantrip self-replacement consistency feeling

# (1) Nico Minoru
# (1) X-23
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Venom
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Lady Deathstrike
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Knull
# (6) Thanos
# (8) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmltcm9kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGFub3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pY29NaW5vcnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktudWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJYMjMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlEZWF0aHN0cmlrZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

You look like you would play Lady Deathstrike on 5 and pave the way for Knull and Death. I get having Thanos to provide tons of cheap/easy kills from Infinity Gems, but that just seems like it gets in the way and likely prevents you from pulling both Knull and Death when you need them. If Nimrod is an alternate win condition, how do you plan to pump him up? I might suggest working in Magik and then having Mystique to copy Knull on T7.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Red posted:

You look like you would play Lady Deathstrike on 5 and pave the way for Knull and Death. I get having Thanos to provide tons of cheap/easy kills from Infinity Gems, but that just seems like it gets in the way and likely prevents you from pulling both Knull and Death when you need them. If Nimrod is an alternate win condition, how do you plan to pump him up? I might suggest working in Magik and then having Mystique to copy Knull on T7.

Yeah, nimrod is a vestigial ghost of a previous iteration.

I hadn’t taken him out yet because T5:nimrod into deathlok and venom at two locations got me out of a couple tight situations. Magik is fun, and I’ve gotten to like her more by playing inshenaut. (I was really paranoid running her before because a few seasons ago I got a lot of wins with storm/scarlet witch/legion/red gem.).

Some good points to play with! Thanks!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Another destroy deck challenge this weekend? Sheesh

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

do I spend 6000 tokens on Nico now or get her and Havok December 19?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

do I spend 6000 tokens on Nico now or get her and Havok December 19?

Wait, because she's not really worth 6k

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Red posted:

Wait, because she's not really worth 6k

nothing is really worth 6k, she's much closer than most just on fun level (and therefore probably likely to get ruined by SD), but she's a nice support piece rather than archetype defining/creating, so I think waiting makes a ton of sense

she's a Jeff! not a Loki/Thanos/DH/etc.

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 17, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

LGD posted:

nothing is really worth 6k, she's much closer than most just on fun level (and therefore probably likely to get ruined by SD), but she's a nice support piece rather than archetype defining/creating, so I think waiting makes a ton of sense

she's a Jeff! not a Loki/Thanos/DH/etc.

She is a ton of fun, and totally worth 3, but 6 would be for Alioth and such.

DH made me think of Death's Head.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How do I utilize Destroyer? It’s a card that had always perplexed me and I don’t run into it often.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

obi_ant posted:

How do I utilize Destroyer? It’s a card that had always perplexed me and I don’t run into it often.

Armor/Cosmo/Prof X. Often Destroyer will be used as an alternative finisher in a Spectrum Ongoing deck if you mitigate the downside.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

obi_ant posted:

Drop it in lane with Cosmo, in a lane that doesn't have armor, or as is if your field will only grow stronger by being destroyed.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
When Galactus was still 7 power and I was running a Nimrod focused deck, Destroyer could be a potent alternate wincon when he could spread Nimrod all over or get thrown down on Shuri’s Lab or an opposing Cosmo or such. I haven’t used him too much since the Galactus power nerf though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I put Destroyed in my Galactus deck as a back up and he works well there.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I had someone snap then Zola their destroyer earlier

It did not go the way they thought it would go for them

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Howard is really just going to stay series 5 forever isn't he?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
i bet they bring series drops back once they've built a giant stack of mediocre 5's they can trickle out

"look how generous we are"

wyoak fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 18, 2023

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Beasteh posted:

I had someone snap then Zola their destroyer earlier

It did not go the way they thought it would go for them
i have put Destroyer into bar sinister

it was not a 60 point turn

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Card series makes no drat sense. All cards should stay in the series they first appeared in, and we should be on something like series ten or eleven by now.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

novamute posted:

Howard is really just going to stay series 5 forever isn't he?

The only good thing about getting Howard the Duck from the random cache is that now you can’t get Howard the Duck from the random cache.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Peach Momoko Spectrum is my new favorite variant art in the entire game

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

you can get cards you already have from the collector reserves!? the drip feed of cards already puts you at a disadvantage compared to the pay to win people but now im getting different versions of cards i already have! i dont need another human torch, game!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kly posted:

you can get cards you already have from the collector reserves!? the drip feed of cards already puts you at a disadvantage compared to the pay to win people but now im getting different versions of cards i already have! i dont need another human torch, game!

Yes those are called Variants

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

wyoak posted:

i bet they bring series drops back once they've built a giant stack of mediocre 5's they can trickle out

I'd bet that's the idea.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kly posted:

You can, but the speed at which you gain S3 cards is the same, even with variants. You’re guaranteed a certain number of S3 cards in a given lot of caches. I’m on my phone so I don’t have the numbers on hand, but the variants are just a bonus, they don’t impact your S3 acquisition rate.

Quackles posted:

I'd bet that's the idea.

I think they just need more S4/5 cards in general. If they resumed series drops without a sizable backlog, then Spotlights would quickly become the same set of cards every few weeks.

Off the top of my head, there’s about 30 S4/5 cards right now, which is about a three month rotation through Spotlights. That said, they’re ramping up to 5 new cards per week starting next month, and a 3-4 month rotation sounds fine to me, so yes, bring back Series Drops.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 18, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

bowmore posted:

Yes those are called Variants

the issue they're having, I think, is the edge case where you might own a variant for a card before you own the base card (since they mentioned the human torch, which was on a giveaway relatively recently)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

the issue they're having, I think, is the edge case where you might own a variant for a card before you own the base card (since they mentioned the human torch, which was on a giveaway relatively recently)

edge case? i think you mean base case as that's how it is for every single bundle you buy. for example, people that spent $100 of gold to buy the mobius jet ski? well i hope you already owned the base mobius card because if not, you can get him from the spotlights. it happens all the time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given they were complaining about the 'pay to win people' I doubt they were buying a bunch of bundles

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
People who buy bundles, especially those above the $5 level is definitively still an edge case. I dunno if there’s stats on how many people are F2P vs season pass vs more than that but whales are rare for a reason.

Skippy McPants posted:

I think they just need more S4/5 cards in general. If they resumed series drops without a sizable backlog, then Spotlights would quickly become the same set of cards every few weeks.

Off the top of my head, there’s about 30 S4/5 cards right now, which is about a three month rotation through Spotlights. That said, they’re ramping up to 5 new cards per week starting next month, and a 3-4 month rotation sounds fine to me, so yes, bring back Series Drops.

I didn’t realize they were upping the amount of weekly new cards. Should be interesting.

Obviously more new cards solves a lot of problems, but I wonder, in a game with relatively simple mechanics and small decks, there have to be a lot of restrictions on what new cards you can even create. What new card types are people anticipating, especially those of you who have played a lot of Hearthstone and whatnot. The play on the toilet 12 card deck game can’t go full MTG.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Last King posted:

edge case? i think you mean base case as that's how it is for every single bundle you buy. for example, people that spent $100 of gold to buy the mobius jet ski? well i hope you already owned the base mobius card because if not, you can get him from the spotlights. it happens all the time.

It's the games way of enforcing equality. The whale has just as much chance as the pure F2P on each pull. At the end of the day the variant for sale is a shortcut and not an advantage.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

DeepDickPizza posted:

People who buy bundles, especially those above the $5 level is definitively still an edge case. I dunno if there’s stats on how many people are F2P vs season pass vs more than that but whales are rare for a reason.

I didn’t realize they were upping the amount of weekly new cards. Should be interesting.

Obviously more new cards solves a lot of problems, but I wonder, in a game with relatively simple mechanics and small decks, there have to be a lot of restrictions on what new cards you can even create. What new card types are people anticipating, especially those of you who have played a lot of Hearthstone and whatnot. The play on the toilet 12 card deck game can’t go full MTG.

He meant 5 a month. Or specifically, the first week of a season will have a new card in addition to the Season Pass card.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

canyonero posted:

He meant 5 a month. Or specifically, the first week of a season will have a new card in addition to the Season Pass card.

Ha. That makes much more sense.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, sorry, 5 per month rather than the 4 we get now.

Which is pretty relevant from a collection PoV since they haven't changed the economy or resumed series drops. Right now, a Season Pass player gets enough resources to pick up about 75% of new cards, and a FTP gets about 40%. Post-change, it'll be more like 60% for the Season Pass and 25% for FTP.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Opponent drops a Shang-Chi to blow up my lone Namor on the waterfall, “Destroy weakest card(s) at end of the turn.” There is also a Colossus on their side. Both have 3 power and therefore the weakest cards. Colossus is not destroyed.

And the Shang-Chi is NOT destroyed. What? How does that work?