Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

This is patently false. The tight end injury rate is more comparable to receivers. Because that is what they are.

Just looking at the past five years TEs drafted as fantasy starters (top 12 by adp) average 13 games played which is the same as top 24 RBs. Top 24 WR average 14 games played.

If looking strictly at top12 picks at the position, TE average the fewest games played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I don't get the line from "Andrews suffered a fluke injury" -> "NEVER DRAFT A TIGHT END!!!!!!!!!!". It's football, the guys who don't miss half the year with a brutal injury are the outliers. I know I sure wish I had drafted Kelce over Davante Adams right now (he wasn't available when I was picking at 9, just making a comparison). If you got Hockensen you're loving life. The top TEs have kicked rear end this year.

Obviously I wish I had McBride or Kincaid or something on my bench now but I don't know that I would stash a TE just in case if I had it to do over again. Maybe my leagues all have very shallow benches? But I was not going to forego someone like Tyjae Spears or Tank Dell early in the season who could turn into high end assets just to hold a backup TE. Part of the reason to draft a top TE is to not have to worry about all the guys in the bottom tier battling to be king of poo poo Mountain.

Losing Andrews sucks rear end but I don't think drafting him was bad process at all.

"Trust the process!!" he yells as he pounds the podium.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1725597134081196040?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Burrow done for the year :rip:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Do I really need to pick up Jake Browning? Ugh.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

My first place team in my work league is playing the team with most points scored and I've just lost two of my anchors for the season. :negative:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
My no QB, no TE strategy is working out perfectly

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I lost AR and now Burrows. Considering I got them both for free it is not a HUGE loss, but still.... Gotta go back to streaming.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Docjowles posted:

Holy poo poo what a disastrous game that was for my keeper league team, jesus christ.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
As a Burrow haver someone offered me Courtland Sutton and Justin Fields for Davante Adams and Rashee Rice. Am I crazy or does that not seem too bad? They said they'd take Puka or Mike Evans instead of Davante too. I don't think I want to trade Evans though. The Dobbs owner will trade them too, maybe that's a better option? The trade deadline is tomorrow.

Edit: The Dobbs owner wants Calvin Ridley. Kind of leaning towards going with that. Any thoughts? Fields probably has higher upside but Dobbs is on a more functional offense and team.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 17, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Had a trade lined up for Engram to replace Andrews, then saw we are past the trade deadline already. Logan Thomas is there I guess.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I have Josh Allen but with Burrow gone I need a week 13 fill-in.

My only choice available with that bye was Zack Wilson.

Wheee

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

I have Josh Allen but with Burrow gone I need a week 13 fill-in.

My only choice available with that bye was Zack Wilson.

Wheee

Even Russel Wilson is taken??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Even Russel Wilson is taken??

Behold my week 13 options

DTR or Zach

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol honestly DTR or Zach are probably going to be close. Follow your heart!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Trying to figure out if I need to drop someone now to pick up Andrews replacement, or if I should wait until waivers go through Tuesday. I would probably need to drop Ridley now to make a move. It looks like there a few "ok" options such as Freiermuth, Njoku, Smith, Thomas etc. I see Goedert is available, though I am not sure how much longer he is projected to be out and we have a pretty small bench, ideally I could grab him a week before he returns since I have low waiver priority.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 18, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1725974688667517053?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

gently caress

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
“Before the bye next Monday night in Chicago”

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DeepDickPizza posted:

“Before the bye next Monday night in Chicago”

I had to read that three times because I wasn’t sure if they were throwing shade at chicago or not.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Who is the better survivor pick this week, Lions vs Bears or Commanders vs Giants? The Giants are worse than the Bears (I think), but the Commanders are worse than the Lions. With Fields and Herbert returning, I think that game will be closer than people think. And as a Lions fan, I've been conditioned to expect bad things to happen. On the other hand, I don't know what to think about Washington since they traded away their good defensive players, I feel like it's possible the Giants could pull a win out of their asses this week.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jingleheimer posted:

Who is the better survivor pick this week, Lions vs Bears or Commanders vs Giants? The Giants are worse than the Bears (I think), but the Commanders are worse than the Lions. With Fields and Herbert returning, I think that game will be closer than people think. And as a Lions fan, I've been conditioned to expect bad things to happen. On the other hand, I don't know what to think about Washington since they traded away their good defensive players, I feel like it's possible the Giants could pull a win out of their asses this week.

The Giants are still starting something called a Tommy DeVito, right?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mattison is apparently playing tomorrow after all. I'm not thrilled about it but I will take it over an injured Rico Dowdle which was my backup plan.

Jingleheimer posted:

I was excited to play Washington this week in survivor and then disappointed to remember I already burned them week 1 vs Arizona lol. I would use them with no qualms (ok divisional game and "the Washington Commanders" should always give you some qualms). But as noted DeVito is SO BAD. They seem like a very solid pick if you're saving the top teams or have already used them.

Also looking ahead you will never have another game where you feel good about Washington. Whereas the Lions get the Bears again, and Denver.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Do I start Mattison, Ty Chandler, or Darrell Henderson? :psyduck:

Leaning Mattison since he's been cleared to play, but I just don't know.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I gotta drop one of these guys to get a kicker - unless Dowdle is ruled out. Thoughts?

Demario Douglas
Brandin Cooks
Rico Dowdle

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I gotta drop one of these guys to get a kicker - unless Dowdle is ruled out. Thoughts?

Demario Douglas
Brandin Cooks
Rico Dowdle

I'd drop Douglas since he can't really help you this week due to the bye. He should be pretty easy to pick back up next week if you still want him

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ayudo posted:

I'd drop Douglas since he can't really help you this week due to the bye. He should be pretty easy to pick back up next week if you still want him

That's probably the sensible option.

On the other hand, gently caress the Cowboys.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Do I start Mattison, Ty Chandler, or Darrell Henderson? :psyduck:

Leaning Mattison since he's been cleared to play, but I just don't know.

Calling this shot now Mattison is going to start but gets banged up and someone here loses to the person that didn't know and has Chandler active

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m trying to hold Dowdle on the off chance he becomes what everyone thought Pollard would be. But this is a huge long shot and I’m fine dropping him for almost anyone if there’s a roster pinch

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In one of the worst bye weeks I’ve ever experienced I have to replace Olave, London, Jonathan Taylor, and Kamara with Michael Wilson, Brandon Cooks, Tyjae Spears, and Zach Charbonnet

:lol:

Edit: Wilson is out, so make that Rondale Moore

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

shhh everyone remain very quiet, my opponent still has not activated Achane

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Today I find out if trading away achane was good

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Today I find out if hanging onto achane through IR was good

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

gently caress

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Party Boat posted:

gently caress

gonna need to be a bit more specific :mmmhmm:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

gonna need to be a bit more specific :mmmhmm:
Achane got hurt

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AnacondaHL posted: