Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

learnincurve posted:

Not dead, only online to check emails and uni stuff, so I can only see that I have been pinged on Discord.

Completely offline. My daughter got engaged to a trans man on the week a terf horror show kicked off on my uni course, and I'm done with the internet entirely or this poo poo will break me.

It turns out a criminology professor got fired for setting up a terf think tank and trying to use the university to legitimise it. She takes uni to tribunal because she didn't like the head of the department calling her "a bigoted fascist". The terf tactic was to sign a load of people up to the course I was on, stay for a bit and then drop out for a refund (which failed on them because they only get a half credit back) so they could all claim to be concerned students desperate for more 'debate' on the Uni forums when the court date was set. This is why I ended up being the only person at most of my lectures. I'm not going to be back to link it but if you know my uni you can google it.

I got a distinction in spite of them, please blow up space nazis I will be back online in like, 5 years or something.

I hope the court throws it back in their face and that all terfs and nazis eat poo poo and die, preferably suck starting a shotgun in a ditch somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

a real rude dude posted:

I reinstalled this game after like ten years of inactivity yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing, half a billion in the bank, no assets but a strong need to fly and spin spaceships.

goosefleet is the new major home of goons if you want jspace and some npc null shenanigans

waffe is still around and we're doing alright, a few dipshits in the corp i have blocked but overall it's pretty good if you like null stuff and ignore every other corp in the alliance

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
hearing rumours that Mittani was back on the Meta show and Asher had no problems with this

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

hearing rumours that Mittani was back on the Meta show and Asher had no problems with this

It isn't a rumour....
Edit: no clue about the Asher aspect.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

BARVE slack is, well let's just say "absolutely loving livid" is an understatement

e: wait, Asher pinky swore he wasn't happy that Mittani was going on the meta show. Yeah, of course he was. gently caress this, I'm done

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 18, 2023

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Brave do the needful

Put up staging structures in all of delve to be used by the rest of null

1dq by Christmas

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've got 80b of cap BPOs, reaction formula, gas, moon goo, ore, caps and PI I'm about to liquidate

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Brave do the needful

Put up staging structures in all of delve to be used by the rest of null

1dq by Christmas

keepstar in p-z or t5zi that is open to everyone is a good idea

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

akma posted:

It isn't a rumour....
Edit: no clue about the Asher aspect.

meta show/INN is its own thing at this point that Asher/Goonfleet has gently caress all to do with afaik

It's basically just Brisc "if you don't get convicted in a court of law it's irrelevant" Rubal jerking off his buddy

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Tsed posted:

meta show/INN is its own thing at this point that Asher/Goonfleet has gently caress all to do with afaik

It's basically just Brisc "if you don't get convicted in a court of law it's irrelevant" Rubal jerking off his buddy

Same as it ever was.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I joined late, warped to FC, who was in a plex, so as its dead space landed in an odd position on the grid

Was quite obviously a massive fight going on so immediately bounced to a ping to think about how I was going to anchor up or work out a good align.

Noted I didn't get yellow boxed at all, I warped back, a bubble went up immediately and I thought uh oh gonna feed outside of logi range but actually managed to burn 70mm to anchor up without taking any hits and get on the last few kills

https://br.evetools.org/br/6559477ace63b4021ae7aed1

As far as i know, bigab dropped a dread on minmil in a plex, minmil took the bait and everyone tried to shoot bigab. Gf gf

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
how the gently caress do you bounce to a jabber/discord ping

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

1dq by Christmas

You can just fly there whenever. They mostly just ignore you and the handful that don't are really bad at landing tackle. You can just spam jettison cans with funny names all day basically:honk:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Dirac Fourier posted:

It’s on PC. I heard it will launch as a separate game initially from the EVE launcher

Why the Hell was DUST released only on PS3 when basically the entire playerbase they are aiming for was on PC? That was a baffling decision that anyone should have recognized as a terrible idea that would kill the game at launch.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

The Bible posted:

Why the Hell was DUST released only on PS3 when basically the entire playerbase they are aiming for was on PC? That was a baffling decision that anyone should have recognized as a terrible idea that would kill the game at launch.

i'm pretty sure hilmar is an erowid guy, one of the guys trying russian research chemicals made out of phosphorous

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

The Bible posted:

I might misremember because it's been a long time but I think there was both an exclusivity deal (which might have funded some of the game?) as well as a misguided worry that it would compete with Eve.

At least that's a lesson they've learned.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

well, I've just unsubbed my accounts, asked to be completely booted from BARVE and uninstalled the game. Guess I just have to deal with having a conscience I suppose

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 19, 2023

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

why is every eve drama ever americans flinging poo poo at each other

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

dunno, but mainly because they're american and therefore dumb as a bag of rocks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lovely tuna snatch posted:

why is every eve drama ever americans flinging poo poo at each other

I miss the drama between American and Russian players from way back in the day.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

well, I've just unsubbed my accounts, asked to be completely booted from BARVE and uninstalled the game. Guess I just have to deal with having a conscience I suppose

What happened this time?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sickening posted:

What happened this time?

low level republican politician and lawyer brisc rubal is still friends with and is platforming the mittani and people are apparently astounded that shitheels stick together

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
the reddit thread is pretty funny.

brisc has the mind of a tenth grader and that poo poo is just wild to behold

Baculus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 19, 2023

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is Brisc still a standing member of The Imperium? Because if so, and you're still in it after what he's posting on reddit right now, gently caress you.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Fajita Queen posted:

Is Brisc still a standing member of The Imperium? Because if so, and you're still in it after what he's posting on reddit right now, gently caress you.

Haven't even checked reddit but lol wtf even loving happened to Imperium, I left pretty much right after Mittani ditched his Wife for Videogames.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 19, 2023

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Groggy nard posted:

Haven't even checked reddit but lol wtf even loving happened to Imperium, I left pretty much right after Mittani ditched his Wife for Videogames.

he developed a terminal case of Divorced Guy

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The Bible posted:

They probably got a pile of money towards the game's development if they made it a playstation exclusive.

The problem is of course that Eve players and console FPS players have very little overlap. And as a stand-alone FPS game. Dust was not very competitive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fajita Queen posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/326211-brisc-rubal-stop-being-a-cockboy/

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

You can just fly there whenever. They mostly just ignore you and the handful that don't are really bad at landing tackle. You can just spam jettison cans with funny names all day basically:honk:

grumps I was on that fleet

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

every time this rightoid shitlipped gently caress opens his mouth makes me wish that someone would hargoth the alliance

i would kick brisc and anyone who goes up to bat for him if i could

it's a shame his ceo happens to be a forum administrator, head of the largest corp in eve, and outright hamfistedly forced himself into and took over internal affairs to consolidate all that authority, and his "bro" that he spends most nights a week drinking with

he can get hosed too

bring back helldump

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. Why are you aggroing Brisk? The Imperium has the best strategists, economists, managers, we generate the best content, we have great people who understand the balance of the game. Who do you think is more versed in game balance? The person who fled the ship in hysterics a few years ago, or the person who still plays with us and tries to make the world of EVE a better place? The economy of EVE is a complex mechanism that not everyone can understand. You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. People can't sit on a super ship, farm harbor, and not buy omega for $ and get trillions of ISK. This leads to total chaos. Our respected CEOs of the Imperium know what they are doing and there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad or pursues personal ambitions? No. He tries his best for all of us. It is only thanks to our leaders that we feel great in this game and get the best content thanks to our leaders.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

now this thread is cooking with gas i fuckin love talking about brisc rubal and reddit

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. Why are you aggroing Brisk? The Imperium has the best strategists, economists, managers, we generate the best content, we have great people who understand the balance of the game. Who do you think is more versed in game balance? The person who fled the ship in hysterics a few years ago, or the person who still plays with us and tries to make the world of EVE a better place? The economy of EVE is a complex mechanism that not everyone can understand. You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. People can't sit on a super ship, farm harbor, and not buy omega for $ and get trillions of ISK. This leads to total chaos. Our respected CEOs of the Imperium know what they are doing and there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad or pursues personal ambitions? No. He tries his best for all of us. It is only thanks to our leaders that we feel great in this game and get the best content thanks to our leaders.

honnk

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

ded posted:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

low level republican politician and lawyer brisc rubal is still friends with and is platforming the mittani and people are apparently astounded that shitheels stick together

pretty much this, so I shouldn't be surprised that thundering shitbird pissbaby Brisc would play the rehab card. I was prepared to give GSF the benefit of the doubt but Mittani being even remotely near the org is enough for me to quit. If I should ever come back though, I am going to have *so* much crap in Irmalin, Villasen, Ienakkamon, Isie and Aurohunen

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the real play in eve online is to be friends with the dread pirate elusif

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Kazinsal posted:

the real play in eve online is to be friends with the dread pirate elusif

Elusif is everywhere.

DeathRay50Kw
Sep 22, 2023

by Athanatos
Recruitment thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4047629

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
What madness caused me to revisit this thread a few days ago? I even logged in! Twice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

grumps I was on that fleet

unless your in game name is the same as (or very similar to) your forums name then i dont know who anyone is :(