Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Finished the game, and really enjoyed the experience. The shared inventory is a godsend, and while there were a few hiccups here and there and some issues that will be ironed out with time and/or mods, it's a very cozy game with a lot of potential for taking it slow or bumrushing the hell out of the story.

I also really like the whole theme of environmentalism and needing to work hard to restore the environment. Recycling scrap into materials, rationing water (to some degree), and making the whole area that much nicer and more pleasant to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

they're not on your level and they all know it.

Yan doesn't know it. He legitimately believed I was a blithering loving moron who couldn't even handle a ring of keys right as the other two cellmates facepalmed and groaned that he didn't realize I was taunting him

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Thanks for all the pet tips.

I really miss the Portia mod that showed you how much the person you were gifting to liked each item as long as you'd gifted it to them once before. It also sorted loved/liked gifts (that you "knew" about) to the top to make gifting faster.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

LLSix posted:

Thanks for all the pet tips.

I really miss the Portia mod that showed you how much the person you were gifting to liked each item as long as you'd gifted it to them once before. It also sorted loved/liked gifts (that you "knew" about) to the top to make gifting faster.

Your Time At Sandrock (framework for other mods): https://www.nexusmods.com/mytimeatsandrock/mods/36 (requires BepInEx https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx/releases or https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/287)
Rest of the YTAS modules: https://www.nexusmods.com/mytimeatsandrock/users/97541653?tab=user+files&BH=0

The Social module shows the relationship value of every giftable item when in the gift menu.

There are older, unupdated mods like
Game Speed: https://www.nexusmods.com/mytimeatsandrock/mods/21
Regeneration: https://www.nexusmods.com/mytimeatsandrock/mods/8

that still work and hook into YTAS's mod settings menu

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Apparently you can bring your wife to the end game dungeon sequence, but not all npcs have combat AI, sadly.

e: apparently its not the end game. I might not even be close to finishing the main campaign?!

Deki fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 18, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I took Elsie down to the whispering valley to help me fight plierimps but all she did was repeatedly pass out from poison gas. Didn't seem to get her spirits down though!

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Man, Owen quickly loses his charm when you start romancing him. He's so hecking needy. I accidentally did his quest where he proposes and since my Builder is too nice to embarrass him in front of the entire loving town, I said yes. And now he's hanging out at my shed, which doesn't have space for a bigger bed, and being all like "Oh, honey, I love you so much blah blah blah" and for some reason I can't dead branch him. Maybe after the wedding?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Owen had such a cool kind voice but the 'romance' tone he takes is just too over the top. Just a bit too much uwu I wuv you honeeey. And I guess it makes sense in that he's a big softie overall but I was looking forward to hearing him tell me stories every night with the assertive deep "audio book" voice. Less pillow talk, more stories about bumping Yakmels!

A few of the other romantic partners sound more charming; Heidi and Venti sound genuinely ecstatic to be with the builder, like you're a huge celebrity. Unsuur sounds less deadpan when you romance him. Not sure how the others sound.

I'm hoping that Fang ends up being a total motor mouth once you get him to open up and that Burgess takes on a super macho affect now that he feels more confident.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Venti's romance and near hero worship of the builder was a bit much for me early on, but given she came from circumstances and the builder is basically an improbably perfect match for her, I get it. And she chills out on that quickly, which is nice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i get it. there must be a real shortage of single, attractive people that love grubbing around in junk piles and ruins all day every day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
My favorite story from Venti is one she can tell on a play/date, forgot which dialog option exactly but she basically says she chewed her way out of a garbage pile after being buried in one.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Really wish Venti commented on story stuff though. If she did she'd be clear winner and I wouldn't have the choice paralysis.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Really wish Venti commented on story stuff though. If she did she'd be clear winner and I wouldn't have the choice paralysis.

Yeah, there's a lot of romance candidates involved in the story towards the end, and Venti just isn't there for most of it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

What am I supposed to do about those rodents that pop up when I'm delving?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Shoot/stab them, they drop the most rare ore available in said ruin + 1 gold each time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

FireWorksWell posted:

What am I supposed to do about those rodents that pop up when I'm delving?

Murder them for loot

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Daztek posted:

Murder them for loot

And eat their flesh, even though they're obviously sapient.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You should swing at them twice with your slow pickaxe by accident, then switch to your best weapon and start an attack combo just slightly off angle so you miss every hit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Thr burglar rodents drop gold ore, which is well liked by most people.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Khanstant posted:

You should swing at them twice with your slow pickaxe by accident, then switch to your best weapon and start an attack combo just slightly off angle so you miss every hit.

Thats why I always pull out the gun for them.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Khanstant posted:

I feel attacked, I think I've killed 2 of the 7 I've seen

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Megazver posted:

And eat their flesh, even though they're obviously sapient.

I like to think I’m not eating their flesh so much as the flesh they brought for their lunch

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

skeleton warrior posted:

I like to think I’m not eating their flesh so much as the flesh they brought for their lunch

where do you think this guy keeps his rack of "rib meat"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the semi-sapient kangaroo men have a unique defeat animation that makes it clear they aren't dying.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

FrickenMoron posted:

My favorite story from Venti is one she can tell on a play/date, forgot which dialog option exactly but she basically says she chewed her way out of a garbage pile after being buried in one.

"I named myself after a legally distinct discarded Starbucks cup I found as a child"

Wow, that's dumb, I'm absolutely not naming our kids off that naming scheme... wait, "Demi" is a starbucks size? Fuckkkkk, that works too well with my builder's name.

Khanstant posted:

This feels so bad before you build up a huge stock of gold you're never gonna use.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just unlocked a different category of commissions with food items. It seems like this might not be too bad, since farming appears to yield large numbers of whatever crop you planted and uses up water/fertilizer pretty slowly (and certain crops can just be purchased - it's funny that just buying the item for a commission is still profitable).

Rubber seems like my biggest bottleneck for crafting things. There's just not a lot between the three locations I'm aware of that drop rubber scrap (to the left of the scrapyard, a ways to the west of my workshop, and occasionally in the scrapyard itself). I'm pretty sure it amounts to less than a full "stack" of scrap for the recycler a day.

I'm confused about the salvaging contract/commissions stuff. Rocky sent me a letter about something like this a while back, but I haven't unlocked whatever is supposed to be accessible from a book in the salvage corps building. I can't find any option other than just manual salvaging.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Rubber was the one resource I didn't have in completely sustaining abundance, granted technically only 1/2-2/3rd of way through. I made sure to always hit up any local rubber scraps and worth a detour if our and about. I was usually able to be running at least some amount of rubber scraps every day but it was definitely one of the resources I valued most to get from other sources.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Khanstant posted:

Oh I didn't realize the pickaxe could even hurt them, I just assumed they were immune after seeing no effect a few times.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Megazver posted:

where do you think this guy keeps his rack of "rib meat"

Dude, it's a Kangaroo, are you seriously telling me you don't know where it could be hiding a thing

it's like the main thing everyone knows about kangaroos

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Man, this game just keeps going. I thought surely this is the finale, but no, whole new act. Not that I'm complaining.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the semi-sapient kangaroo men have a unique defeat animation that makes it clear they aren't dying.

I don't think it's very nice to call them semi-sapient just because they're 'strayan-coded, m'friend!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, it's probably more accurate to drop the sapient part.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The child mechanics are irritating the hell out of me. Keep getting messages hinting I'm not watching my kid's needs no matter how frequently I check in, and I swear it said they'd grow out of the toddler stage in 3 days over a week ago. Maybe bugged?

Megazver posted:

Man, this game just keeps going. I thought surely this is the finale, but no, whole new act. Not that I'm complaining.

I had the same thought but realized there's still more than a couple loose plot threads and a surprising amount of assemblies left in the list. Definitely a really strong act ending, and I would be satisfied if that was the ending since this is a long game, but am also happy that there's more.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Rubber was the one resource I didn't have in completely sustaining abundance, granted technically only 1/2-2/3rd of way through. I made sure to always hit up any local rubber scraps and worth a detour if our and about. I was usually able to be running at least some amount of rubber scraps every day but it was definitely one of the resources I valued most to get from other sources.

That's bizarre to me. I was always drowning in the stuff. That and plastic.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The camel's vocalizations are really gross and ghastly and I hate listening to them.

Dirk the Average posted:

That's bizarre to me. I was always drowning in the stuff. That and plastic.

In my new save I've definitely come up to a point in the early-midgame where virtually every commission and story quest wants way more rubber than I have saved up, and all my recyclers were running iron scrap so getting more has been slow. I imagine that after this rush it will go back to the endless bronze grind.

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 19, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ajkalan posted:

The camel's vocalizations are really gross and ghastly and I hate listening to them.

Meeeeeeeuuurrrrghhhhhhh

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

ajkalan posted:

all my recyclers were running iron scrap so getting more has been slow

That's probably what it was for me - once iron came online, I scaled up from 3 recyclers to 6, with 2 running iron, 1 plastic, 1 rubber, and then the others switching out with other scrap. And I was running rubber as soon as I could, so whatever commissions used it were a drop in the bucket for the surplus that I had built up.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
My own personal thing was anytime there was scrap/ore overflow another recycler/smelter would be added to the pile. Really is worth having a bunch of both running at all times. Can usually live with 3-4 of each of the other machines.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think playing this game last night is the first time in many years that I've been "ambushed" by the rising sun. The hours just kept passing and suddenly I'm wondering why it's bright outside. At least it was a Friday night.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ytlaya posted:

I'm confused about the salvaging contract/commissions stuff. Rocky sent me a letter about something like this a while back, but I haven't unlocked whatever is supposed to be accessible from a book in the salvage corps building. I can't find any option other than just manual salvaging.

You should be able to interact with his desk inside the salvage shop and sign a contract to get scrap delivered to your house after you've completed the quest "Keep on Rockin'", in which you build the salvage company an automated sorting device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Steel frame and Steel frames being 2 different items is dumb. I thought my game was bugged for awhile when my quest tracker wasn't updating.